PDA

View Full Version : DoY Wish List

KimmyG
22-08-03, 04:21
I have one wish when it comes out I dont wanna be able to open a magazine go into a store visit a website without

NEOCRON DOME OF YORK

Slaping me in the face. I went thru some stores today and I see UO:AOS, Shadowbane and SWG all over the place boxs,posters and guides. I have never seen a dam thing of neocron hell its hard to find the dam game period let alone any publicity for it.

J45
22-08-03, 04:47
new publishers *should* change that

lets hope eh

Delloda
22-08-03, 04:53
there was more publicity for my e-bay trash than neocron when it was released. The new publishers better do what they get paid for.

KK should sue CDV for lose of earnings.

SilentGravity
22-08-03, 05:07
Originally posted by Delloda
there was more publicity for my e-bay trash than neocron when it was released. The new publishers better do what they get paid for.

KK should sue CDV for lose of earnings.

Everyone is so quick to blame CDV? Maybe the fact that CDV figured KK would not be able to pull out a decent MMORPG and kicked it into the corner of its list of things to advertise. I mean I have not talked to anyone outside of Neocron, say on a different forum and hear them say something good about it. Have you heard of some other gamers CDV has published? Crossacks, Divine Divinity, Sudden Strike 2, BREED, Blitzkrieg and more, these are all High rated games and they all have had lots of hype/advertisement, but if you look at there list of games ALOT of these games I have not even heard of, some I have but not by advertisment and for example iv tried Project Nomand, I found it to be very lame and iv never ever seen a ad for this game, maybe CDV spends cash on the games that they feel are promising... and CDV does plenty of advertising for its lesser titles also, I even saw a Neocron ad on File Planet along time ago.

People gota step back for a minute and look at the whole picture, would the average gamer put up with what KK is doing and how Neocron is now? Most people on this forum admit to only staying because they hope things will get better with DoY and in the future, From what I have seen from KK that wont seem to happen. Most patches are infected by the "KK Special", every patch brings a new bug.

Thane
22-08-03, 05:28
if you see no one else talk about neocron, maybe you have to listen better.... i heard people in ao (ingame) talk about it, on channels and other stuff. ofcorz, they do not talk about it as often as about ut2k3 or whatever, but still, they do..

and most times the comments are positive too :)

KimmyG
22-08-03, 08:42
Originally posted by SilentGravity
Everyone is so quick to blame CDV? Maybe the fact that CDV figured KK would not be able to pull out a decent MMORPG and kicked it into the corner of its list of things to advertise. I mean I have not talked to anyone outside of Neocron, say on a different forum and hear them say something good about it. Have you heard of some other gamers CDV has published? Crossacks, Divine Divinity, Sudden Strike 2, BREED, Blitzkrieg and more, these are all High rated games and they all have had lots of hype/advertisement, but if you look at there list of games ALOT of these games I have not even heard of, some I have but not by advertisment and for example iv tried Project Nomand, I found it to be very lame and iv never ever seen a ad for this game, maybe CDV spends cash on the games that they feel are promising... and CDV does plenty of advertising for its lesser titles also, I even saw a Neocron ad on File Planet along time ago.

People gota step back for a minute and look at the whole picture, would the average gamer put up with what KK is doing and how Neocron is now? Most people on this forum admit to only staying because they hope things will get better with DoY and in the future, From what I have seen from KK that wont seem to happen. Most patches are infected by the "KK Special", every patch brings a new bug.

THis is the pic I see they fucked up on the realease I had to wait 4 extra days to get the game 0 advertisment and there name sucks .

Well I dont know about you I blame them

"Maybe the fact that CDV figured KK would not be able to pull out a decent MMORPG and kicked it into the corner of its list of things to advertise"

This is the best dam game on the planet and the only reason it doesn't rule all MMORPG is CDV.

SilentGravity
22-08-03, 09:00
Originally posted by KimmyG
THis is the pic I see they fucked up on the realease I had to wait 4 extra days to get the game 0 advertisment and there name sucks .

Well I dont know about you I blame them

"Maybe the fact that CDV figured KK would not be able to pull out a decent MMORPG and kicked it into the corner of its list of things to advertise"

This is the best dam game on the planet and the only reason it doesn't rule all MMORPG is CDV.

If THATS not fanboy....-isim, then I dont know what is o_O

Original monk
22-08-03, 09:03
i suggest to KK: put a full team togheter yust to find a publisher, so we all can enjoy them new DoY graphics :P

Scikar
22-08-03, 09:53
This may not be universally described as the best game ever, but it's certainly the most addictive game I have ever played. I haven't bought a new game in something like 8 months now. All we need is to get a big load of new players to try the game out. It's possible only 40% or even less will continue playing, but that's why we need so many of them. If we can get people in and going, they'll be hooked in a couple of weeks and that's more population. If CDV would actually have ever read these forums they would know this and we'd have advertising, and not that horrible flash movie.

AxeMan
22-08-03, 10:23
i see this as a catch 22 situation.

look at the newbie forum at the amount of new / potential players who are having trouble with the downloads and then logging in.

Yes kk need a new publisher but if we suddenly get a big influx of players we will also get a large number of pissed-off ppl and then the game gets bad publicity. at the moment we can help the few that are trying.

so we need new players so that kk has the funds to sort out the bugs, but we arent going to get the new players until the bugs are sorted.

i dont mean this as a criticism but i think they need to sort out the download problems / initial bugs first then blast the media with adverts (speculate to accumulate ?)

Richard Adregen
22-08-03, 10:59
Originally posted by AxeMan
i see this as a catch 22 situation.

look at the newbie forum at the amount of new / potential players who are having trouble with the downloads and then logging in.

Yes kk need a new publisher but if we suddenly get a big influx of players we will also get a large number of pissed-off ppl and then the game gets bad publicity. at the moment we can help the few that are trying.

so we need new players so that kk has the funds to sort out the bugs, but we arent going to get the new players until the bugs are sorted.

i dont mean this as a criticism but i think they need to sort out the download problems / initial bugs first then blast the media with adverts (speculate to accumulate ?)

Actually, if we do get an influx with the DoY people, we wouldn't mind... DoY will be patched up til the most recent possible, and KK just has to make sure that no other patching trouble starts and we'll be fine... Just need to lose MC5 as a newbie place, and we're set to go :)

RA.

TEBO
22-08-03, 11:11
Wish list for DOY !!!!

Mines would be to see the bloody thing before KK lose anymore peeps - publisher excuse or not, this delay is BS !

:confused:

7 days without playing NEO and counting - I remember when I would take a few days hols a week just to play, and play all night Friday/Saturday, those days, have gone !

Syntax-Error
22-08-03, 11:56
Originally posted by SilentGravity
If THATS not fanboy....-isim, then I dont know what is o_O

Hell if u dont like the game why are you playing?

Smugly
22-08-03, 12:23
Actually, Silent Gravity never said anytthing about personally not liking the game. And he does have plenty of valid points. Remember that 9 out of 10 games never return a profit, thus a publisher needs to cut it's losses where it feels it's most necessary.

Personally, I'd consider the "failure" of Neocron to be a mass commercial success to just come down to the simple mechanics of being a PVP MMORPG. Now before everybody jumps up and down and starts shouting about "Carebeare" and "Die Noob" go play some other MMORPG's. Check Everquest for instance. About 15 servers when I last played I think, 1 of which was PVP. Dark Age of Camelot Europe also had only one server with similar PVP scope to Neocron.

Frankly, I just don't think the mass market likes the idea of levelling for a month or two's casual playing, then hunting for another month just to be able to stand on two legs in PVP. All the while up being killed by the players who do have the time to do these things. Neocron's a "niche" product. It appeals first to those who enjoy Sci Fi/Cyberpunk settings, then to those who enjoy PVP. Everytime you make a slice in the big market pie you cut out a load of people who just won't be interested.

CDV certainly have a part to play in the whole drama, but to hold them totally responsible for everything is just blind.

Anyhow Dome of York wishlist:

1) Places to go.
2) Things to kill that drop halfway decent loot to sell
3) Lockout of hostile factions from enemy cities (TG from Neocron for instance) and development of such cities into functioning towns with their own populations of tradeskillers and clans.

SilentGravity
22-08-03, 20:04
Originally posted by Smugly
Actually, Silent Gravity never said anytthing about personally not liking the game. And he does have plenty of valid points. Remember that 9 out of 10 games never return a profit, thus a publisher needs to cut it's losses where it feels it's most necessary.

Pretty much what he said, I find the game ok, yes just OK, when everything was new and still had that addicting feel it was like "OMG THIS IS THE UBER!", but that faded in about 3 months. Now its just OK, I myself and just waiting in hope that DoY is around the corner like many many other people, but if DoY is crap KK can expect me and a very large amount of people to leave.

Who knows maybe its KK's plot to keep people on the toes but never release it, maybe DoY does not exist :lol: