PDA

View Full Version : Hack tool

Cyphor
22-08-03, 03:19
http://freespace.virgin.net/ewan.jamescampbell/hack_tool.jpg

A clan mate looted this off of a pk at mb today, however it puzzled us all as we've never seen them before, just wondering where they came from, are they:

a) from start of retail, (when all i had was a tank so didnt concern myself with hacking :) )
b)from crytons and ive overlooked it for 9 months.
c)from a gm event
d)haxored < if this so can a gm confirm this so we can report it

Morrow36
22-08-03, 03:22
wow?! i've never seen that before, not even in beta(unless i over looked it)..... but damn...... is there an advantage to it? have u tried it out ?

Cyphor
22-08-03, 03:26
Originally posted by Morrow36
wow?! i've never seen that before, not even in beta(unless i over looked it)..... but damn...... is there an advantage to it? have u tried it out ?

Not yet my net connection was playing up so I had to log soon after, hence why not double checked crytons. The hacker who got it has 105 skill so couldnt use it. If its legit il boost her to use it with my ppu or il try with my pistol pe.

NB: not actually sure if someone in my clan managed to try it since i logged, think most are offline now so il find out in morning.

CR@SH
22-08-03, 03:27
i remember they used to be able to be bought. But if i recall they really served no purpose on the tl150 because u could use the tl30 or whatever and still hack everything. So to answer your question no i don't think its hacked just a very old hack tool.

Psychoninja
22-08-03, 03:33
What I really wanna know is why did it drop?
I thought tools were on the no drop list for belts...

Rai Wong
keep it! its a computer from the old times lol.

Cyphor
Originally posted by CR@SH
i remember they used to be able to be bought. But if i recall they really served no purpose on the tl150 because u could use the tl30 or whatever and still hack everything. So to answer your question no i don't think its hacked just a very old hack tool.

Ok it can be a collecters item for the person who got it then :) thx for info

Cyphor
22-08-03, 03:36
Originally posted by Psychoninja

Hack tools and stealth drop all the time on my pe, never checked with const / ress as wen i had them chars i never took the tools hunting :)

MayhemMike
22-08-03, 03:36
photoshop ?

Psychoninja
22-08-03, 03:38
Nah, no photoshop, I knew there were TL 150 tools at one point.
I've seen them before.

Spoon
22-08-03, 03:54
*cough*GM spawned*cough*

VictorKruger
22-08-03, 03:54
I've never seen or heard of it and both of my character on pluto and on saturn are hackers and i've never seen that.

well the rare tables are fuxord at the moment, maybe that's just a result of the messed up rare drop tables.

Spoon
22-08-03, 04:02
Originally posted by Psychoninja

It seems Hack tools don't apply, I've looted a few of them.....

ZoneVortex
22-08-03, 04:04
Looks photo shopped to me even though I know you used to be able to buy them.

Look at the condition. 117/120. Hack tools never took damage o_O

Psychoninja
22-08-03, 04:05
No, not photoshoped, They're in the game from what I remember.
I THINK they were sold by crytons very early in the game, don't remember too well, but from what I do remember Tl 150 Hack tools are in the game.

Heavyporker
22-08-03, 04:26
my hack tool loses condition, trust me.

mdares
22-08-03, 04:49
yeah back in the beginning there were tl 150 hack tools; but i was told that they were same as tl30 so i never bought one =p

Freeejumper
22-08-03, 05:12
Originally posted by Cyphor

a) from start of retail, (when all i had was a tank so didnt concern myself with hacking :) )
b)from crytons and ive overlooked it for 9 months.
c)from a gm event
d)haxored < if this so can a gm confirm this so we can report it

i would say c) cuz it must be gm spawned or he maybe killed a gm and haxored it out of his belt ...

CR@SH
22-08-03, 05:20
Ok people your ignoring the posts here.

They had different tl150 hack tools at or near the beginnning of neocron retail. This is not a hacked item and i really doubt its a gm spawned item. This is just a very very old hack tool. You should count yourself lucky

Scikar
22-08-03, 05:23
Remote implant tools, hack tools, stealth activators, and possibly remote repair tools do drop. But construction tools, research tools, repair tools, personal implant tools and recycle tools do not. Hope that clears it up.

Cyphor
22-08-03, 06:08
It is def not photoshoped, only reason it not crystal clear is cause i play at low resolution as im running on a celeron 466 :D with a gforce 2 mx 400 or something so im lucky i can run nc at all, and the fact the image has been resized.

Sounds like its just from the start of retail, no idea how it degraded, anyone know?

Mabey the origional owner could shed some light on it? :p

G.0.D.
22-08-03, 07:46
yippy...

it would be great if it had a swirly! :D

actually I have heard many times of cst150 tools dropping