PDA

View Full Version : are u gonna have to BUY DOY?

Roc-a-fella
22-08-03, 00:47
?

Dade Murphey
22-08-03, 00:49
what the hell dude...even your legitamate questions are little more than spam...ffs...and no...they said at the beginning of everything DoY would be a free download...considering bits and pieces of it have been going into the game for about 5 months it's hard to purchase something that's segmented

Roc-a-fella
22-08-03, 00:52
whatever dades murphy

P.S. I TALK ABOUT YOU IN THE PLURAL CAUSE I KNOW YOUR ONE IN THE SAME

Kl0wn
22-08-03, 00:53
its hard to predict KK too , remember , DOY will have a new launch. So when DOY will be out you will have 2 option , either you bought the Expension (or a new CD with EVERYTHING on it) or you will try to download the huge DOY on server KK can afford ... guess you'll need to pay. Probably your Neocron account will still be active and work with DOY .. but if you chose not to play DOY you may be screwed.

Dade Murphey
o_O

one in the same as who?....eh?...

You will NOT have to pay for doy UNLESS you choose to buy the cd and have it sent thru the mail...ie if you don't want to d/l it...otherwise it will be a free download...they've been saying this since they first talked about doy...

neophotographer
he's right though. DOY will be a free download for anyone that already has neocron, and I think a store CD for those without it. (not positive about the CD though)

Stacey

Roc-a-fella
22-08-03, 00:54
[ edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming ]

bounty
22-08-03, 00:57
Actually if KK gets a good publisher, there is a small chance that they will want to charge money for an expansion. Hopefully that will be a condition of their agreement or something along those lines. I doubt it though, making players buy a game they've never heard of and an expansion to a game they've never heard of is just silly. Maybe they will relaunch with DOY built in.

leethasbro
22-08-03, 00:58
DEAD ANIMALS.

Dade Murphey
22-08-03, 00:58
Originally posted by Roc-a-fella
[ edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming ]

haha...you're so cute!!!
I was saying even your legitamate questions are little more than spam because when you put your question in the title and finish with the "?" in the thread part that's just shy of being spam...atleast put your question in the damn thread dude...otherwise it just looks like your finding things to do to bump up your post count...

Further more I wasn't talking shit...I was stating a fact...and to top things off I'm not the one talking shit...which by coincidence usually consists of name calling...which I believe you are the one who has done that

Roc-a-fella
22-08-03, 01:02
heh i can back up anything i speak

Kl0wn
22-08-03, 01:05
Ok , ill try to ignore the kids ...

If they get DOY out has a new game that you have to pay , what happen to those who just payed a 6month subscription and refuse to download (too slow or too buggy , who knows) or pay for the CD ???

So when DOY will be out, Neocron has to continu has a side game until everyone agree to switch over. Neocron will be a different product since they will launch DOY has a new game ( Try another time to get some milk from the Neocron kows)

Again who wouldnt want to switch over ... ill say those who didnt get their hand on DOY and with 2000 -4000 user trying to download 600meg , you better have a good server if you want this done !!!

Dade Murphey
22-08-03, 01:13
Originally posted by Kl0wn
Ok , ill try to ignore the kids ...

If they get DOY out has a new game that you have to pay , what happen to those who just payed a 6month subscription and refuse to download (too slow or too buggy , who knows) or pay for the CD ???

So when DOY will be out, Neocron has to continu has a side game until everyone agree to switch over. Neocron will be a different product since they will launch DOY has a new game ( Try another time to get some milk from the Neocron kows)

Again who wouldnt want to switch over ... ill say those who didnt get their hand on DOY and with 2000 -4000 user trying to download 600meg , you better have a good server if you want this done !!!

In reguards to your first paragraph...I would imagine that it would basically be like in Asheron's Call when they put out the xpansion...the people who didn't have it simply couldn't access anything associated with the xpansion...items/portals/etc...eventually most will switch over...I'm sure some people will wait a bit to d/l so that the server/servers aren't so occupied...and if that's the case you'll have people going to places or using items that they can't

Judge
22-08-03, 01:15
didn't you ask this a few weeks ago or was that someone else?

No you will not have to pay for DoY. KK have said about 20 times that it will be free to download.

Omnituens
22-08-03, 01:44
... that won't be out before i leave.

HA!

oh wait... thats a bad thing...

Kl0wn
22-08-03, 01:52
Originally posted by Judge
didn't you ask this a few weeks ago or was that someone else?

No you will not have to pay for DoY. KK have said about 20 times that it will be free to download.

hehe , they give us 3 DOY release date too ... i tend not to listen KK ...

DOY and Hacknet .... keep on dreamin till they woke up

Smugly
22-08-03, 12:32
Personally, if there were to re release Neocron and Dome of York in one package, I probably would buy a second copy, solely so that I have all the patches burned to CD. Ofcourse, I would demand new box cover art with "Beyond Dome of York" clearly lablelled on the case as otherwise it just wouldn't look right in my collection.

If on the otherhand, they tried to sell Dome of York sepereatly as an expansion.... well lets just say there would have to be plenty more than the new vehicles/new zones/new rules included in it. After the litany of crap expansion packs that were AVP2 Primal Hunt, Empire Earth - Art of Conquest and Battlefield 1942: Road to Rome I've had enough of substandard overprice crap being fed to my consumer whoring nature thank you very much.

Still, so long as they hold up the "official" line on it being a free download to us loyal Neocron afficionado's, then I'm not going to raise any objections.

SynC_187
22-08-03, 12:41
Sorry I couldn't be arsed to read it all.

So:

DoY will be a number of patches for current Neocron subscribers. The biggest will be the sectors themselves.

When the new publisher is sorted Neocron will be promoted again and copies in the shop will be sold patched with DoY as a single product.

It is, and was always meant to be a free storyline based expansion. It will be required to run Neocron.