PDA

View Full Version : Hax? or bug? or ...

Morrow36
21-08-03, 23:58
The other day i cameout of the PP1 subway entrance and saw a pe out in front, so... i stealthes and ran past him( i know i was stealthed) ran in front of him then turned and kept going.... but he pulled out his prolly 50% damage RoG and started to shoot me! he was hitting me everytime and i was stealthed, he was a fair distance away so it wasn't point blank, it was asif he had the aiming box on me.... i was stealthed so i couldn't pull out my 1st love and get him :( .... wtf?
he was a PE, do the anti stealth drugs actually work now? or what ??? totally got my pissed off, how can u kill someone with a beem weapon while they are stealthed. and far enough away that you should be invisible?!

zanzan
21-08-03, 23:59
report him, thats a exploit

Morrow36
22-08-03, 00:00
report him, thats a exploit

if only i could remember his name i knew he was a BD atleast... its happened to me once before with a tank also... but now i know its an expoit i'll report if it happens again.... also do the anti stealth drugs work yet?

Arcadius
22-08-03, 00:04
What server?

Psycho_Soldier
22-08-03, 00:45
Anti Stealth drugs are what you take to cancel out your own stealth. Its not what people take so they can shoot stealthed people.

DarkPhoenix
22-08-03, 00:45
Originally posted by Morrow36
...also do the anti stealth drugs work yet?

Anti-Stealth drugs are for the stealther to un-stealth quickly.

EDIT: Hehe...exact same time.

neophotographer
22-08-03, 00:56
maybe there was a monk close by with true sight sanctum. *shrug*

Stacey

Judge
22-08-03, 01:21
No because then he would have been able to use his weapon.

It sounds like either a bug or an exploit. I would lean towards exploit as I use stealth alot and it has never happened to me.

raven crowe
22-08-03, 01:26
There was somenone reported because of exploiting in the same way, on jupiter i think. Its a known exploit, but i thought it that it was killed with the last patch.

Judge
22-08-03, 01:30
I think that technically you could alter the Effect of stealth so that it stands out... you know make it a huge blob of purple or something. You can do this easily clientside and no-one would know about it. It is probably the most low life thing to do however, so don't. :p

Scikar
22-08-03, 01:36
Originally posted by Judge
I think that technically you could alter the Effect of stealth so that it stands out... you know make it a huge blob of purple or something. You can do this easily clientside and no-one would know about it. It is probably the most low life thing to do however, so don't. :p

Even then you couldn't target the stealther. I think it's possible that there was a little lag, i.e. if your ping is high enough you would stealth but not on your opponent's screen straight away. That's why sometimes you can stealth and then get hit by a monk a second later - he only has to start casting the spell when he can see you and he'll still hit you with it. I would like to know if the PE actually killed you. It is possible that he simply fired in your direction. If a shot hit you your client would register damage, though because you're stealthed it would yo-yo back up again.

Kl0wn
22-08-03, 01:51
to my knowledge i used to run after stealthed spy without that much problem (could see the blue flame) but once they got far from me i would lose them

But i chased a spy one with a fusion rifle or plasma rifle blasting them.. maybe you can do this with the ROG too since the char exist and he block the beam ...

Rizzy
22-08-03, 01:56
client to server lag

Morrow36
22-08-03, 03:19
Even then you couldn't target the stealther. I think it's possible that there was a little lag, i.e. if your ping is high enough you would stealth but not on your opponent's screen straight away. That's why sometimes you can stealth and then get hit by a monk a second later - he only has to start casting the spell when he can see you and he'll still hit you with it. I would like to know if the PE actually killed you. It is possible that he simply fired in your direction. If a shot hit you your client would register damage, though because you're stealthed it would yo-yo back up again.

i was stealthed for a good 10 seconds before he started to shoot me, and he wasn't blindly shooting at the fuzzy thing, he was hitting me with each shot, he was just standing there while i was running the other way.

VictorKruger
22-08-03, 04:04
Are you sure it wasn't a npc? Because i have stealthed many times while trying to run away from mobs/npcs that i punched for fun and they are able to still target and hit me while im still stealthed.

ZoneVortex
22-08-03, 04:07
I've been killed by monk when stealthed....and not barrels.

Been killed by holy lightning, but i'm not sure how. I think there's some way to aim at stealthed people.

NS_CHROME54
22-08-03, 04:17
Originally posted by VictorKruger
Are you sure it wasn't a npc? Because i have stealthed many times while trying to run away from mobs/npcs that i punched for fun and they are able to still target and hit me while im still stealthed.

What would an NPC be doing with a Ray of God?

I don't know whether to lean to bug or exploit.

2ply
22-08-03, 08:17
I'd be leaning towards exploit in someway... I don't know how targeting players/viewing stealthed players/hitting stealth players from a ways away could possibly be a bug...

Then again it could possibly be a bug... Who knows.

Pill
22-08-03, 08:49
were you electroshocked?

remember, when you're shocked, lil waves of lightning roll up and down your body, stealth or not, giving the ability for anyone within a radius to see ya.

Scikar
22-08-03, 09:38
Originally posted by Pill
were you electroshocked?

remember, when you're shocked, lil waves of lightning roll up and down your body, stealth or not, giving the ability for anyone within a radius to see ya.

Though you still can't target them with direct fire weapons.

I think it was just an NPC with a raypistol. Or lag.

ezza
22-08-03, 09:42
it wasnt a NPC, i came into the area and saw morrow on the deck lying face up with a certain black dragon PE standing over him(not mentioning names here) so if you were in stealth at the time, then something odd is going on.

stealth aimbot anyone

Stigmata
22-08-03, 10:37
omg boohoo you die in pp1 get over it, there is no exploit to hit stealthed people, if i draw my CS and run after a stealthed person shooting randomly you hit the all the time.

Same as with area affect/

Same as with a holy multi lightning bolt they shoot out and if you are in the way hit you like a projectile.

No BUG No EXPLOIT No CHEAT.

Get over it

Andy