PDA

View Full Version : just somethinking about the next ppu nerf...

zanzan
21-08-03, 23:33
my guess is that kk are going to make ppus useless[as everybody wants to:rolleyes: ] but i guess u guys arent thinking about other classes

spies wont be able to pvp from close range AT ALL, pes would suck at op fights, apus...will die alot and tanks will rule this game, now do we REALLY want this to make only 1 class viable to op fights?or we can keep the ppu system as it is and make ALL classes viable in team pvp[*point a finger at shadow dancer/Arc*:rolleyes: ]
at the current system spies have the same defence as a apu[meaning same number of CS bursts], so no ppu = unless classes+hardcore lvling... ;0

now go on flame me to death, im going to take over the world at rise of nations and imagin that i killl the guys that want a ppu nerf:D

Arcadius
22-08-03, 00:03
Originally posted by zanzan
my guess is that kk are going to make ppus useless[as everybody wants to:rolleyes: ] but i guess u guys arent thinking about other classes

KK won't make ppus useless. They want ppus to have a large role. Their powerful recent "anti poison, cathar sanctum, etc..." spells are proof of that.

apus...will die alot and tanks will rule this game,

apus would ownzer.

or we can keep the ppu system as it is and make ALL classes viable in team pvp[*point a finger at shadow dancer/Arc*:rolleyes: ]

:confused:

JediMasta
22-08-03, 00:10
I couldnt give a toss personally, my PE can easily go without ppu lovin', and lack of uber buffs will just make it easier for me to snipe ppl :p

JediMasta
22-08-03, 00:11
@Forseti - WTF was wrong with my sigg !???????

Omnituens
22-08-03, 02:22
Originally posted by JediMasta
@Forseti - WTF was wrong with my sigg !???????

apparently it was a violation of the forum rules.

leave the classes alone now.

petek480
22-08-03, 02:27
Originally posted by Arcadius
apus would ownzer.

and I wonder why you want ppus gone so badly:rolleyes:

Arcadius
22-08-03, 02:34
Why pete, what ever do you mean? I only care about the balance of the game. That's my primary concern.....................yea.....

petek480
22-08-03, 02:36
Why pete, what ever do you mean? I only care about the balance of the game. That's my primary concern.....................yea.....

Of course you do, I can see it in the 100 posts you post a day about getting rid of ppus.

Arcadius
22-08-03, 02:39
Originally posted by petek480
Of course you do, I can see it in the 100 posts you post a day about getting rid of ppus.

Well aside from wanting apus to rule all, I "sincerely"(even if you don't believe me)think ppus are ruining PvP and should be removed. I even said(at the cost of MY class) that all monks should be made to hybrids, remove holy buffs and parashock, and allow them run/casting.

e

Omnituens
22-08-03, 02:54
Well aside from wanting apus to rule all, I "sincerely"(even if you don't believe me)think ppus are ruining PvP and should be removed. I even said(at the cost of MY class) that all monks should be made to hybrids, remove holy buffs and parashock, and allow them run/casting.

and the day this is introduced is the day i reactivate my account.

to give away all my stuff and delete my chars.

but thats just my opinion.

Arcadius
22-08-03, 03:08
I thought u liked hybrids?

mdares
22-08-03, 04:34
well hell i like arc's idea =p

:D

BombShell
22-08-03, 05:40
i think ppus should be a tad nerfed i find it annoying having like 10 peeps shooting a ppu and doesing shit to him. and all thay do is run around just acting crazy. only way to kill a good ppu. is with a apu with anti buff. and its annoying hav 10 peeps calling for 1 apu just so we can kill him. i think 10 peeps should be enough to kill a ppu.

or improve me CS :)

ZigZag
22-08-03, 08:54
What I want to know - is part of the content of MMORPGs getting stuff nerfed? - and HAS no-one learnt by now - KK dont tweak - they destroy :P

U (shadow d/arc) were one of the biggest advocates of "tweaking hybrids" and now instead of asking for hybrids to be fixed - ur on to the next nerf?

Arcadius
22-08-03, 08:54
Originally posted by ZigZag

U were one of the biggest advocates of "tweaking hybrids" and now instead of asking for hybrids to be fixed - ur on to the next nerf?

Who are you talking to? :)

Original monk
22-08-03, 09:00
I get sick of this NERF the ppu-stuff :/ i mean: why should i even change my char if it gets nerfed all the time and i have to lom and recap every time :/

I think monks are very fun to play with, but al this nerf things, (indeed like the hybrid nerf) makes me depressed...

im sorry

Arcadius
22-08-03, 09:17
Originally posted by ZigZag

U (shadow d/arc) were one of the biggest advocates of "tweaking hybrids" and now instead of asking for hybrids to be fixed - ur on to the next nerf?

I STILL am asking for hybrids to be fixed. The problem is, I can't fight a one man battle. Look how rarely droners or melee tanks get boosts, it's because hardly anyone plays them and therefore few complaints are heard.

You heard TONS of hybrids bitching about the changes, but now you barely hear a whisper.

As for moving on to the "next" nerf, it has nothing to do with that.
I've ALWAYS thought hybrids and ppus needed nerfage. It wasn't like I said "hrmm, hybrids are done, what next........" To me ppus ruin gameplay immensely. I thought hybrids should be fixed and ppus removed. And I still think that.

Just being honest. ;)

Cryton
22-08-03, 09:57
couldn't agree with you more Arcadius. Actually I do think that the buffs the ppu can cast on other is more or less fine in power now. No the problem is that you really NEED to have a apu to take down a ppu. As I see it there is the following issues with ppus atm:

1) Parashock need to cost more mana and/or getting the ROF reduced
2) Ressing is still too fast, need to be about 50% longer
3) Slightly too powerfull selfbuff/heal

As a side note 1 PPU isn't so bad, but when the team you are fighting is 50% ppu monks I can only say one thing:

You get OWNED :)

/Cryton

Scikar
22-08-03, 10:01
Well it was always going to be hard balancing a class that has point and click aim while everyone other class has a reticle, and also giving that class the highest damage output, and the capacity for the best defence.

It's not about nerfs, it's about balance. If one class is easily capable of turning the tide of battle, or of beating an entire clan of other classes, then something has to be done about it, because that just isn't balanced. Likewise, if it wasn't for the fact that holy paralysis is so powerful I wouldn't mind ppus being hard to kill. But it pisses me off that ppus say "But we have 0 offense" then they parashock someone to death. "We can't hurt anyone" then they parashock, damage boost, and cast SC. As far as I'm concerned, either nerf parashocks or ppus have to take a bit of a defence hit. Your choice.

Original monk
22-08-03, 10:29
still whining about the parashock ? thats been brought up like 1000 times, im glad i can parashock, what ya want ppu's to do ?? i know yeah only give hc3 and psi3 boosts, can ya imagine sumthing more boring ? let the para as it is, and leave the PPU alone, NERF THEM NERFERS

Scikar
22-08-03, 10:32
Originally posted by Original monk
still whining about the parashock ? thats been brought up like 1000 times, im glad i can parashock, what ya want ppu's to do ?? i know yeah only give hc3 and psi3 boosts, can ya imagine sumthing more boring ? let the para as it is, and leave the PPU alone, NERF THEM NERFERS

Yeah exactly I'm still whining about parashock and so is everyone else. Parashock is death and you know it, that's why I'm syaing either take a nerf to parashock or a slight nerf to defence.

Cryton
22-08-03, 10:43
Original monk Im simply pointing out what makes a PPU too strong, I can hardly call that whining. And besides it only 1 point out of 3. And trust me I have wanted to write about this for a long time, but I wanted to be sure first that PPUs are overpowered.

Right now PPUs just influences OP fights too much, I want all classes to be viable in PvP. As one said in an earlier thread they are like atomic bombs: You need them because the other guy have them, and you need the same amount of them as well.

I would rather have that KK had taken the base of balancing from the hybrid, as it's by far is the most interesting monk. But apparently they have chosen to listen to the audience who wanted pures to be the way to go. A Class that can only defend or only attack seems a bit boring to me.

/Cryton

Sleawer
22-08-03, 14:38
Remove shocks and freezers from all classes, and give them to spies.

Detritus
22-08-03, 14:44
perhaps push melee a lil bit by making melee-weapons ignore shelters/deflectors?

the ppu will still have his holy superglue against a bunch o sword-wielding berzerks :)

and yes, a capped holy heal is just a little bit too strong atm; could do with some finetuning (hell, no nerfs pls)

and heals should have a constant healrate then ... it's kinda ridiculous atm (looks like they introduced random "damage" to all types of spells, not only apu ones)

IronMonkey
22-08-03, 15:01
everyday another nerf the ppu thread. Tjhis community is really showing its true colors now after the hybrid nerf. Things are quite fine the way thewy are right now. A few other cllassess need to eb boosted yes. But instead of doing like lupus statd his little balalnce diagram should be with boosts for such and such. You all cry for everythign to be nerrfed. It is an endless cycle and will neevr stop till arcadius and others liek him are the most powerful players in neocron.

I am sorry arcadius but its true

I liek yah but this has just gotten disgusting now. As for people sayign 10 people can shoot a ppu and he doesnt die. Thats just um crazy Yall are some seriously bad players if you cant bring down an a ppu with 10 peeps. Unless of course this was a doctored test where u guys all just let the ppu run all buffs necc to nullify half your damage put on the right armor belts etc. Thats where my money is riding. Because real world fights are never quite like these tests(HEY YOU yeah you with capped energy reists and psi armor and a energy belt on come let me shoot u with my CS. Omg buff the cs! Sorry i was too lazy to get my speedgun out to kill him in 45 seconds)

anyways im goign to bed.

Stop with the nerf insert next class here threads, just so you can be more powerful. Instead each indivdual class should be trying to conmvince KK to work with them to boost their insert needed boost class here. All this nerfing is going to do is drive codi nuts and not allow them time to add anythign new.

Original monk
22-08-03, 15:10
Originally posted by Scikar
Yeah exactly I'm still whining about parashock and so is everyone else. Parashock is death and you know it, that's why I'm syaing either take a nerf to parashock or a slight nerf to defence.

owkay maybe not whining :P and yeah i get the point but youre real point (and of all other spy's and PE's hidin around there) is : nerf parashock to dead, cause ya know that if its nerfed again, it has no use to parashock anymore so its yust gone :P im not parashocking some-one when it has no effect and the target yust runs on and starts killing some more. (like it has no use playing a hybrid when youre nerfed to dead cause ya dont do damage anyway)

And isnt it normal that when ya go to loads of trouble to cap youre char and get all them rare (read expensive) chips to put in youre head and atlast have really high PPU that ya can use the parashock spell why its used for: nail some-one to the ground.
its not that yust every ppu can freeze ya to the ground, its only them hi-levelers ya mean hé, with parabeams and paralysis, i doubt youre talking about a parashockbolt.
The freezing someone to the ground is something ya have to take time for, ya need hi ppu etc, yust the same as i dont go naggin youre cs is overpowerd, i know ya worked/leveld hard to do good damage on it, same with paralysis/parabeam.

let paralysis be paralysis i say :P

Original monk
22-08-03, 15:13
Originally posted by IronMonkey
everyday another nerf the ppu thread. Tjhis community is really showing its true colors now after the hybrid nerf. Things are quite fine the way thewy are right now. A few other cllassess need to eb boosted yes. But instead of doing like lupus statd his little balalnce diagram should be with boosts for such and such. You all cry for everythign to be nerrfed. It is an endless cycle and will neevr stop till arcadius and others liek him are the most powerful players in neocron.

I am sorry arcadius but its true

I liek yah but this has just gotten disgusting now. As for people sayign 10 people can shoot a ppu and he doesnt die. Thats just um crazy Yall are some seriously bad players if you cant bring down an a ppu with 10 peeps. Unless of course this was a doctored test where u guys all just let the ppu run all buffs necc to nullify half your damage put on the right armor belts etc. Thats where my money is riding. Because real world fights are never quite like these tests(HEY YOU yeah you with capped energy reists and psi armor and a energy belt on come let me shoot u with my CS. Omg buff the cs! Sorry i was too lazy to get my speedgun out to kill him in 45 seconds)

anyways im goign to bed.

Stop with the nerf insert next class here threads, just so you can be more powerful. Instead each indivdual class should be trying to conmvince KK to work with them to boost their insert needed boost class here. All this nerfing is going to do is drive codi nuts and not allow them time to add anythign new.

cryton, i wanted to respond but this saves me alot of time, i agree fully with ironmonkey, so read hes nice thread again :P

Archeus
22-08-03, 15:19
What "next upcoming PPU nerf?"

Kazper
22-08-03, 15:19
I can think of one thing that would be a big step in balancing PPU's

make heal a HEAL, eg you cast it it heals for a given number of hps, and you can't cast it again for a bit(5-10 seconds or so) instead of a HOT(yes short duration but insanely powerful)

right now you might as well rename holy heal 15 second invulnerability

think about it

Foma
22-08-03, 15:25
Originally posted by BombShell
i find it annoying having like 10 peeps shooting a ppu and doesing shit to him.

It becomes more and more who are in a position to kill a ppu- monk :rolleyes: First 5, then 7, now 10,...yeeehaaa, we are ALL uber.
No, I donīt think the PPU has to be such nerfed as the most people says.
Yes, you are right, a parashock is a powerfull spell but a think like "then they parashock someone to death" is bullshit in my eyes. I can parashock a stupid aggi to death -it is boring and only to use for missions-....maybe I can also "someone" parashocking dead including using a SC, but now look at the situation. WHEN do I do that? In PvP? In OP-wars? Donīt think I have enough time for that.
But sure, parashocking in fights is mighty. Also the ppu for himself is mighty (the most :rolleyes: ). Maybe you are also right, when you say that he is "ruler" of every op-fight. But I donīt see the problem of it. Every clan has his ppuīs and in my mind the ppu is the one, who makes such fights a little bit longer and -donīt laugh- more interesting.
The only nerfes i could be friendly with are the propositions of Cryton.

Scikar
22-08-03, 16:19
Nobody's saying ppus should be nerfed to shit. But I don't think a single person out there can deny that PvP would be sooo much better if every single person wasn't glued to the floor. Even better, if parashock was removed completely, ppus would become a little harder to kill. You can't complain about that, can you?

I'm not calling for shelters and deflectors to be only casted on others or anything ridiculous like that. But reduce holy heal by 25% and blessed by 15%, and ppus won't be invulnerable to tanks and PEs and spies any more. As it is currently, you need at least one apu, and preferably more and a ppu in order to kill a ppu monk. You can have 5, 8, 10 tanks all shooting a ppu but the ppu won't die unless he's stood still. It's no wonder we're all going to OP fights as apus and ppus - tanks, spies and PEs are virtually useless in this world. A ppu monk should be a bonus, not a necessity.

So take your pick - lose the parashocks or tweak the heal. Something's got to be done.

deac
22-08-03, 16:28

It's not about nerfs, it's about balance. If one class is easily capable of turning the tide of battle, or of beating an entire clan of other classes, then something has to be done about it, because that just isn't balanced. Likewise, if it wasn't for the fact that holy paralysis is so powerful I wouldn't mind ppus being hard to kill. But it pisses me off that ppus say "But we have 0 offense" then they parashock someone to death. "We can't hurt anyone" then they parashock, damage boost, and cast SC. As far as I'm concerned, either nerf parashocks or ppus have to take a bit of a defence hit. Your choice.

rawr take away my soulcluster any day :P

zanzan
22-08-03, 17:21
Scikar...your tank m8s have to suck if they are useless in op fights, apus die REALLY fast EVEN at a op fight unless its a pistol spy attacking him, just place a buffed apu infront of a tank or a gatling turret and see how fast they die, and i gree with ironmonkey :) , and now u wanna nerf the heal?whats next?the buffs?heres a better idea, remove monks from the game and enter neo-tank/tank-cron, tanks shoudnt rule the pvp, same as monks, and if u place a apu infront of a tank u will see who die the fastes, oo again IMO tanks are better then apus in op fights, u CANT keep the apus healed all the time, but with tanks they can take LOTS of shots and still dont drop below the 300 hp line and have the second most powerfull gun in the game, oo wait, my ppu cant own a tank, IM GONNA NERF THE TANK AND CRY ABOUT IT TO KK:rolleyes: , im sure that all of u people are doing it :o

Scikar
22-08-03, 17:28
Scikar...your tank m8s have to suck if they are useless in op fights, apus die REALLY fast EVEN at a op fight unless its a pistol spy attacking him, just place a buffed apu infront of a tank or a gatling turret and see how fast they die, and i gree with ironmonkey :) , and now u wanna nerf the heal?whats next?the buffs?heres a better idea, remove monks from the game and enter neo-tank/tank-cron, tanks shoudnt rule the pvp, same as monks, and if u place a apu infront of a tank u will see who die the fastes, oo again IMO tanks are better then apus in op fights, u CANT keep the apus healed all the time, but with tanks they can take LOTS of shots and still dont drop below the 300 hp line and have the second most powerfull gun in the game, oo wait, my ppu cant own a tank, IM GONNA NERF THE TANK AND CRY ABOUT IT TO KK:rolleyes: , im sure that all of u people are doing it :o

Now if only you played on Saturn. Let me tell you something. The best tanks in New Dawn are guys like Rizzy, Promethius, Pub King. They aren't just the best in the clan, they are the elite of the server. But they all go to OP fights as monks.

I don't wanna nerf the heals really. But if parashocks are kept in then I want holy heal nerfed. Parashock does nothing for the game except admit that you have no skill and can't hit a moving target. There is no need for parashock at all, and if it was taken out ppus would actually get a little harder to kill, but that wouldn't bother me. They can still damage boost anyway. Or how about we remove direct shocks but make them barrels instead. There would be a couple as you go up and then Holy Para would be a parashock version of pestilence. The mana is very high and the RoF low, but the stun effect would still be quite good. The difference is, the effect would only last say 0.25 seconds, but it would be applied constantly when you're in the area of effect (basically it's like a stun trap). As long as you are inside the barrel you move slow, but the second you come out, you go fast again. That would be perfectly acceptable.

JustIn_Case
22-08-03, 17:33
Scikar!

I say loose the parashocks, they are fun to use, but so booring to be parashocked...

And your "nerf" is acceptable, but some some maniacs like A******s wants to remove the PPU entirely, or gimp them to hell, and i am so tired of it...

Cyphor
22-08-03, 17:39
Now if only you played on Saturn. Let me tell you something. The best tanks in New Dawn are guys like Rizzy, Promethius, Pub King. They aren't just the best in the clan, they are the elite of the server. But they all go to OP fights as monks.

Not always, ive def seen at least rizzy pawn at ops, and i heard a rumour the player behind promethius was banned? Dont think ive seen pub king on as pub king for months.
Anyway its their choice to go as monks, i know many people who have the choice of apu or tank and choose tank, one of the best reasons being you can stay alive longer when buffed and when the buffs wear off you still have a chance, at least to get away :)
If they do choose their apu its cause of the balance of range and power which is what apu is ment to have.

Edit: oh and on para shocks i would be happy with their removal/nerf if it wasnt for the fact the i know after they are supposedly fixed people will find another reason for a nerf, and as always ppus seem to be the easy targets. Im willing to compromise on a nerf as i dont think the whiners will give up, I just hope they can give up when they get their nerf, or at least move on to another class. As ive said before why not give other classes more to counter stuff than nerf?

Scikar
22-08-03, 17:56
Well the reason people whine so much about ppus is because of a few reasons:

1) Parashocks. They kill PvP and turn it into a boring resist test.

then 2) The class that uses the parashocks, ppu monks, are very difficult to kill.

and 3) There are no effective countermeasures against parashocks. Antishock drug is no use because parshock gets spammed. Antishock spell is never used because ppus just don't really have time for it, they're too busy keeping people alive. Catharsis uses far too much mana, and Catharsis Sanctum only has an effect right next to the ppu, and is also a rare, and difficult to reach the level where you can use it. Even then you have to get next to your ppu, and 9 times out of 10 you get parashocked on the other side of the fight from your ppu monk.

So the solution is either nerf parashocks or nerf ppus. And when there's a nerf parashocks thread all the ppus bitch and whine so nothing happens. So the natural course of action is to call for a nerf to ppus.

Cyphor
22-08-03, 18:00
Well the reason people whine so much about ppus is because of a few reasons:

1) Parashocks. They kill PvP and turn it into a boring resist test.

then 2) The class that uses the parashocks, ppu monks, are very difficult to kill.

and 3) There are no effective countermeasures against parashocks. Antishock drug is no use because parshock gets spammed. Antishock spell is never used because ppus just don't really have time for it, they're too busy keeping people alive. Catharsis uses far too much mana, and Catharsis Sanctum only has an effect right next to the ppu, and is also a rare, and difficult to reach the level where you can use it. Even then you have to get next to your ppu, and 9 times out of 10 you get parashocked on the other side of the fight from your ppu monk.

So the solution is either nerf parashocks or nerf ppus. And when there's a nerf parashocks thread all the ppus bitch and whine so nothing happens. So the natural course of action is to call for a nerf to ppus.

In which case if its para you want nerfed then im fine with that, but dont touch any other ppu powers. A para nerf is fine but a para nerf shields nerf heal nerf dmg boost nerf rezz nerf (cant remember what else has been called for on the boards), cant be called for. Once para is nerfed it has to stop there or you kill the class, but as you seem to agree only para needs nerfed then i wont argue.

On a side not why cant resist psi be used against para and dmg boost or something? it does nothing atm and could lead to more diversity in setups...

Scikar
22-08-03, 18:08
Because that would make resist psi a necessity. And that means tanks will be hard pressed to heal and buff themselves with what little they can, PEs need to choose between blessed deflector/damage boost and resistance to parashocks (maybe even lose their shelter). The worst hit class is apu monks. They can't afford to spare any psi points at all, and they are the ones worst hit by a parashock.

EDIT: Anyway I'm asking for a parashock nerf, or turn them into barrels like I suggested, or just a heal nerf. Shields, rez etc are all perfectly fine, just either nerf the heals or nerf the parashocks.

zanzan
22-08-03, 18:16
parashock spamed in op fight?show me the retarded ppu...

and...saturn tanks arent like pluto's tanks, pluto's tanks pwn thoes saturn tanks :p

i see parashock is SOO bad u cant do nothing about it?ppu spaming it, what does he do?he act as a loner and screw his team, he wont keep his team alive and be a easy target, oo yeah go cry about that 1-5 damage from the parashock, its going to kill u, god u people are so loners, u just cant work as a team, u have to boost ur ego by showing ur "l33t pwnzer utter skillz" at a op fight, well im really sorry but thats not possible, skills are at duels not at op fights, op fights are about team work, not for big ego people cuz u will die, and number of ppus turn the op battle?no thats bullshit, its "l33t pwnzer utter skillz" that makes a ppu a "unkillable", if u get a bad ppu on ur team u might aswell type /set kill_self 1...
what turn op fights is spies with that rare stealth tool and stun turrets/gat turrets

im pritty much sure after kk will nerf and kill ppus u will bitch about stealth, then snipers, then everything else thats left, u will never stop crying about this fucking game till u will be the most powerfull class

Original monk
22-08-03, 18:17

I don't wanna nerf the heals really. But if parashocks are kept in then I want holy heal nerfed. Parashock does nothing for the game except admit that you have no skill and can't hit a moving target. There is no need for parashock at all, and if it was taken out ppus would actually get a little harder to kill, but that wouldn't bother me. They can still damage boost anyway. Or how about we remove direct shocks but make them barrels instead. There would be a couple as you go up and then Holy Para would be a parashock version of pestilence. The mana is very high and the RoF low, but the stun effect would still be quite good. The difference is, the effect would only last say 0.25 seconds, but it would be applied constantly when you're in the area of effect (basically it's like a stun trap). As long as you are inside the barrel you move slow, but the second you come out, you go fast again. That would be perfectly acceptable.

If a person thinks in this ways then any response is useless --> yust to stay polite so my thread dont get removed,

(when i was a dictator i would of putten ya to jail and stab ya to dead with a spoon :angel: , daamn i couldnt resist)

Where ya get all this stuff ?

no more response of me in this thread, its useless this time

edit: im sorry
edit2: if you played a PPU monk ya would know that if ya continue like this the things ya suggest will end up in the dissapearing of yet another class :/ exagurating ? nope

Like greenpeace says: stop stinkin and start thinking

Scikar
22-08-03, 18:23
parashock spamed in op fight?show me the retarded ppu...

and...saturn tanks arent like pluto's tanks, pluto's tanks pwn thoes saturn tanks :p

i see parashock is SOO bad u cant do nothing about it?ppu spaming it, what does he do?he act as a loner and screw his team, he wont keep his team alive and be a easy target, oo yeah go cry about that 1-5 damage from the parashock, its going to kill u, god u people are so loners, u just cant work as a team, u have to boost ur ego by showing ur "l33t pwnzer utter skillz" at a op fight, well im really sorry but thats not possible, skills are at duels not at op fights, op fights are about team work, not for big ego people cuz u will die, and number of ppus turn the op battle?no thats bullshit, its "l33t pwnzer utter skillz" that makes a ppu a "unkillable", if u get a bad ppu on ur team u might aswell type /set kill_self 1...
what turn op fights is spies with that rare stealth tool and stun turrets/gat turrets

im pritty much sure after kk will nerf and kill ppus u will bitch about stealth, then snipers, then everything else thats left, u will never stop crying about this fucking game till u will be the most powerfull class

It's funny, you go on and on about how good a team you make, yet you miss the best team - one ppu to keep the team alive, another ppu to parashock and damage boost everybody on the other team. Get a third and he teams up with an apu, ppu parashock spams, the apu hits with HL.

How can I want to be the most powerful class? I play a monk, a tank, a spy AND a PE. Hence I have a much broader experience to draw on when I say this. I don't want a most powerful class, THAT'S THE WHOLE FUCKING POINT. No class should be the most powerful, so when one is, they get a nerf. It's called balancing.

And I don't know where you get your shit from, I never, ever say l33t or pwned, and I don't fight alone in an OP war because, as you say, OP wars are about team work, and if we didn't work as a team ND wouldn't own many more OPs than NDA do.

zanzan
22-08-03, 18:47
best team...best team there is is 5 snipers at a open zone with stealth but thats not the point, the point is u wanna own everything, funny like a tank that was trying to kill me at a aggi pit, i parashocked him, and sexed him, and he said "just when u wanna kill a damm ppu u cant, they are so overpowered" when he was smart enaff to use a cs on a monk..that was wearing a ppu pa...when he could just slap me a tl 3 basic heal use a anti shock drug and use his speed gat and waste me, but noo, he was smart to stand still, duck and use his cs, just like every other tank, look at people like kramertheweird,[pe] he can solo ppus even if they parashock spam, and the dumbest thing IS parashock spaming, u wont be able to heal or keep ur team alive

ghandisfury
22-08-03, 18:50
Scitar

Shields and deflectors have been nerfed, PPUs have been nerfed by the debuff spell (which currently can be cast twice as fast as resurect), and now you're asking for a heal nerf? NOOOOOO!! PPUs should be able to outheal and take tons of damage from many people shooting at him/her. Do yourself a favor and stop asking for nerfs, ask for increases and boosts for other classes.

Shakari
22-08-03, 19:10
Well it was always going to be hard balancing a class that has point and click aim while everyone other class has a reticle, and also giving that class the highest damage output, and the capacity for the best defence.

yeah they need balancing indeed, I do think the should have very good defense but as they are atm mad.

Was in neofrag last nite about 7 of us 3 high lvl apu monks, 3 high lvl tanks and a ppu

we run about zapping having fun, then at near the end of the session the ppu (who had not died once) ask us to shoot him,

To kill him it took all 6 of us 2 CS's a 4 slot TGC and the 2 apus zapping him to kill him and that was ONLY when he stood still
and it still took a min or so of conastant zapping :)

which i thought bloody rediculous really, without de-buffing him he was basically unkillable

Cyphor
22-08-03, 19:13
Originally posted by Shakari
yeah they need balancing indeed, I do think the should have very good defense but as they are atm mad.

Was in neofrag last nite about 7 of us 3 high lvl apu monks, 3 high lvl tanks and a ppu

we run about zapping having fun, then at near the end of the session the ppu (who had not died once) ask us to shoot him,

To kill him it took all 6 of us 2 CS's a 4 slot TGC and the 2 apus zapping him to kill him and that was ONLY when he stood still
and it still took a min or so of conastant zapping :)

which i thought bloody rediculous really, without de-buffing him he was basically unkillable

The ppu is the master of defense, to have that amount of power he has no offensive power and so is no threat. A good ppu should be able to run away from loads as defence is their primary role in the game...whats the point of having a defensive class that dies easily? O_o

Scikar
22-08-03, 20:28
Originally posted by Cyphor
The ppu is the master of defense, to have that amount of power he has no offensive power and so is no threat. A good ppu should be able to run away from loads as defence is their primary role in the game...whats the point of having a defensive class that dies easily? O_o

Then why is it that a ppu, with no offensive power, can quite easily kill an apu by using parashock, damage boost, assault rifle/uzi?

Anyway I give up with all this. Fact is, these threads are not going to stop until parashocks are nerfed. You can argue against them all you want, but they won't go away until paras are gone.

ghandisfury
22-08-03, 20:32
Then why is it that a ppu, with no offensive power, can quite easily kill an apu by using parashock, damage boost, assault rifle/uzi?

Anyway I give up with all this. Fact is, these threads are not going to stop until parashocks are nerfed. You can argue against them all you want, but they won't go away until paras are gone.

But you're not asking for just a parashock nerf (which I totally agree with), you're asking for a heal nerf.....Yes, this pisses me off. You're basically asking that a PPU be taken completely out of the picture without actually saying it. You also don't want to give us anything in return :confused:

#1 get rid of parashock
#2 boost all other classes (not def/off boost but a class specific boost).
#3 give PPU's something to retaliate against runners who feel they want to use us as a punching bag.

Archeus
22-08-03, 20:54

Keep posting them then, at least I can ignore them.