PDA

View Full Version : The Search for Neocron - Hong Kong :P

Rai Wong
21-08-03, 11:56
Ok I live in Hong Kong the rarest among rarest in neocron players. Long ago I bought played anarchy-online, then heard of neocron beta played it and spread it to many friends by word of mouth and many of them played in beta everyone I told the game to liked it.

Many of you don't know how good this game is, nobody outside knows about the game. The market MMORPG is way bigger in asia and america, more people have fast computers and broadband.

days past silently waited for the retail version to arrive.

After 6 months it never came....HONG KONG....is the place where you will find all the games of the world and yet no neocron, I searched everywhere for it with my friends I practically asked to preorder it and went to dealership itself to check and I could not find it.

This game is the best of the best but clearly it is the best at being no accessible. Using a credit card is a annoyance to many and it is prefered if there was game time ( tickets of playing time) to buy like in Ultima Online and other MMORPGs.

The download offer was what I opted for in the end, having to download the massive thing really annoyed me out of 10 friends which were extremely interested in the game only 3 managed to play it in the end, and 1 quit shortly after being massed pked.

The game is perfect it really is, the balancing is way better then many other MMORPG, but promotion wise....like the rest of europe its too weak for anyone to notice. We need to SPAM people with banners and advertisements and actually make the boxs reach somewhere....especially a place like Hong Kong with so many MMORPG gamers...we like them because we are confined to small spaces.

This game is very interesting everyone I showed it to apart from girls showed interest in the game becuase it carried a very unique and engaging system it might need a bit of fine tuning, but its still alot better then other games. The outposts need to have more of a use (like money and storing vehicles).

One of the things my friend has always complained off is the lack of a pure healing class not PPU but like first aids and actual doctors, but then the game is really good as it is. The real advantage is like the altitude factor neocron really uses for mountains, canyons and Twilight Guardian.

Still the primary problem is the game need promotion.

PS please add more clothes, and better female models for other classes other then PE. I don't know do germans have weird taste in women or something but women tank and spy are definetely not attractive enough for people to use.....

cracky
21-08-03, 11:57
can you buy me bootleg stuff?

phunqe
21-08-03, 12:00
You hear this KK? :)

Man o man I hope the new publisher is good :D

*crosses fingers*

GT_Rince
21-08-03, 12:00
Originally posted by cracky

Nice constructive post Cracky :rolleyes:

To get on-topic, Yes... I am pretty sure that KK know this is an issue. It seems that talks are underway with a new company to market the game when DoY comes out - we can only hope that it is more successful then :)

svenw
21-08-03, 12:02
Thats bad, that you can't get the game in hong kong. Another good example how bad CDV is as a publischer. CDV is going down the drain at the moment and I'm sure they deserve it for what they've done to NC.

Can't you order it on the internet? Either way: When you have downloaded it, give it to your friends. All they need is an account on their own. You can give them your downloaded version without any problems, it's totally legal to do so!

Rai Wong
21-08-03, 12:08
lol the file is 1.2gb if I remember correctly and only one friend has a DVD-R drive and it takes ages to make one. I recently got another guy to play though, steven made him a DVD with a real nice cover lol..indeed at a young age we learn how to correctly bootleg stuff :P

Rai Wong
21-08-03, 12:11
lol yes do you know how much games Hong Kong sells, chinese, japanese, korean and english. You can't even find neocron in the entire bootleg market rofl. There are entire malls just dedicated to selling games I have went miles around hong kong and getting nothing.

It was partlymy mistake though because I did not know you can download the game, it was kind of unclear if you had to buy the game after the trial or what or what to do or what you had to pay etc.

svenw
21-08-03, 12:34
There are progs to split big files and stitch them together again later.
So you can distribute the files to your friends. No need for an DVD recorder.
Every backup program should be able to make copies over multiple volumes.
IMHO even winzip should be able to do so. :)

CarniFlex
21-08-03, 13:32
Hey rai wong whats the biggest online game people are playing in hong kong?

And do you get a good connection to the servers?

svenw
21-08-03, 13:37
Originally posted by Rai Wong
I recently got another guy to play though, steven made him a DVD with a real nice cover lol..indeed at a young age we learn how to correctly bootleg stuff :P You can't bootleg MMORPG stuff. you need an account so nobody cares if you got the programm copied, bootleged or stolen. the only valuable thing are the account datas and not the programm (vice versa to normal progs)

Cruzbroker
21-08-03, 14:52
You can always carry ur harddisk to ur friend O_o ..

They should make a device IDE -> USB, so u could use internal harddisks like externals...

Smugly
21-08-03, 18:25
Actually, I can understand why Hong Kong is a bad market and many publishers will have nothing but a tentative dip in that market. The sheer rampant piracy in that part of the world makes many less affluent Publishers (e.g. CDV) ignore it entirely. Although when it comes to Mmorpg's where a subscription is required it's less of an issue. Still, fairly few MMORPG's are commercial successes to the point where a Publisher would actually be willing to release them in such a market.

Sad state of affairs, but then again, when games are so much more expensive than they need to be, it's hardly suprising.

Odin
21-08-03, 19:19
We are actually in talks with an asian publisher about licensing Neocron. That's all you'll get out of me though ;)

alig
21-08-03, 20:26
.......It's a start, It's a start............:rolleyes:

LTA
21-08-03, 20:28
Originally posted by Odin
We are actually in talks with an asian publisher about licensing Neocron. That's all you'll get out of me though ;)

A kk employee made a post on the forums!!!11oneoneone

Hopefully it will work out :D

VetteroX
21-08-03, 20:34
I hope NC goes to asia, man I really miss the American vs Korean battles we had in diablo 2. I know asian gamers often take building strong characters very seriously, (gaming in general is much more serious there then here) and I love beating people who think they are good.

Psychoninja
21-08-03, 20:35
I WANT A NEW PUBLISHER NOW!

:rolleyes:

and DOy :mad:

Vampire222
21-08-03, 20:48
Originally posted by cracky

LMFAO there goes another nc player off to cancel, tnx cracky :)

Futureman
21-08-03, 20:57
hehe, i got an idea :cool:

Just publish the game yourself! What's gonna happen? Its not like CDV will sue you they probably don't even know where Hong Kong is ;). Plus otherwise you'll have to wait till KK licenses their game to an Asian Publisher to make money off of, but if nobody has the rights to it yet other than KK, well... what can they do? I don't think KK would care because they would get subscriptions :angel:

Not a serious suggestion btw, its just a little fantasy of mine that would allow much more players into the game.

But would i be correct in assuming that KK wouldn't care that somebody sold copies of their game considering that's not how they even made money in the first place? They offer it for free on the web.

thewarrior008
21-08-03, 21:02
Originally posted by alig
.......It's a start, It's a start............:rolleyes:

dude wat u talking bout u could say that when retail came out , or even when patch 160 came out OR even when WE were suposed to TO GET DOY which was APRIL tEHn maybe it was a start now... now its just too late

Heavyporker
21-08-03, 22:45
Hey, wait a minute... WAIT A FUCKING MINUTE!!!

IF the program can be gotten for free, then what the hell did I pay like 40 bucks for, eh?

Sure, maybe some hardcopy stuff... but... This is making me think.

Let's do Player-driven distrubtion.

For One... there's the off-line Neocron demo...

Why don't we Neocron fans just get some CD-RW discs, burn them off with Neocron and label them as such, then use them as party favors at your game get-togethers like LANs and such, maybe even give a few dozen copies at cyber cafes...

We could go further, doing this also with the Neocron client software...

If KK doesn't care about making money off the CD package sales, then this additional player-driven action would make the game more accessible...

We would have to put the copied cds in sleeves that has this printed out on front - "This is the MMOG game Neocron. This is the Client software. To be able to play it, you need to go to www.neocron.com and start your Neocron trial period. Oh, by the way - skip MC5 if you can."

What do you guys think? Maybe KK won't like us doing that with the Neocron client, but at the very least, would it be cool to do the Neocron off-line demo giveawawys?

Rai Wong
21-08-03, 23:12
i'll give you you the picture of the dvd box later lol, then get banned :P

And its nice to have a hard copy or box, usually if a gamer truly like a game in Hong Kong they will buy the real thing, and no even Hong Kong have many bootlegs so in fact the real shops try to compete by putting more variations and stuff, but even then Neocron didn't come along rofl. We even have anarchy-online and thats suposed to be minority group in the MMORPG world.

Umm the most popular MMORPG is UO, and EQ probably because they have gametime sold and there is like chinese versions I think. DAOC is losing to shadowlands, and SWG is constant talk. I have no idea of what the market would be like for Hong Kong of neocron if there was no at least chinese manual for it, but most Hong Kong people can read english no problem. IT just soudns screwed up when they start speaking :P like me hehe

Rai Wong
21-08-03, 23:15
Oh and the server speeds are fine, I lag and crash more then my friends, but the lag is not exceeding what is expected anyway. I am not bothered with the lag. I just get annoyed when Fatal Error appears when I am trying to pvp by flying like a mosquitoe around tanks head.

Heavyporker
21-08-03, 23:17
Hmm.... interesting. Well, since KK got german, english, and french versions, I doubt they would have any real difficulty in putting out a chinese/whatever version since they would most likely just contract it out, right?

And what would be the legalities concerned in the players copying CDs of the offline Neocron demo and distrubuting it ourselves?

Mr Friendly
21-08-03, 23:19
Originally posted by phunqe
You hear this KK? :)

Man o man I hope the new publisher is good :D

*crosses fingers*

ya, :D i wouldnt be suprised if the new publisher advertises neocron more than whoever they're replaceing(cant remember) has ever done in a few weeks :P

especially since DoY is coming very soon

Whiety Bulger
21-08-03, 23:25
OMG Neocron on Korea prepare for major h@x0rs!!!!

eLcHi
22-08-03, 08:36
@Rai Wong

You shouldīve written about that earlier ...

My company got a branch in HK :P

I couldīve given it to my boss on his monthly trip to HK ... hehe

I just thought you might know one of my kolleagues there ... but then i guess there is more than one chinese familiy with the name "Wong" :D

eLcHi

svenw
22-08-03, 09:11
Originally posted by Heavyporker
Hey, wait a minute... WAIT A FUCKING MINUTE!!!

IF the program can be gotten for free, then what the hell did I pay like 40 bucks for, eh?

Simply for the account datas. don't know the actual price for an account when you DL NC but it's something araound 30$. When you buy the game you get your registration key and THATS the most valuable thing in the whole package. :)

Smugly
22-08-03, 11:43

Ahh.... can I pretend I didn't say anything now?

Vampire222
22-08-03, 12:01

OMH T3h PWN!

Bounty Killer
22-08-03, 13:53
Yeah ive heard about the MMORPG addiction in Hong Kong.
I have to say that my gf is Chinese and that her 3 brothers went to Hong Kong a month ago. At the LAN centres they play allot of MMORPGs. Theres a game wich is realy hot now in Hong Kong atm but they couldent remember what the name is called. There was even a guy who had a uber rare gun at this game and lost the gun...he fucking commited suicide....man, that are the real "die"hards lol.
So if KK get some foot on Honk Kong grounds we will fill up the servers in no time :p