PDA

View Full Version : Omg i just saw pirates of the caribean

bibliotequa
21-08-03, 09:22
and it pwns! Specially if youve been on the ride in disney, so many memories :'-) but seriously, cool movie, pretty funny, cool special effects, etc...

Heavyporker
21-08-03, 09:45
Haven't rode the ride, but I did see the movie.

Pretty cutesy, but fuck, did the pirates rock, especially when they dance in the moonlight ;)

That had to rank among the best mix of FX and swordfighting, right up there with lightsaber dueling.

Dave Kujan
21-08-03, 14:31
i gotta see that before it disappears. i heard johnny depp was over the top and absolutely hilarious!

Archeus
21-08-03, 14:34
Originally posted by bibliotequa
and it pwns! Specially if youve been on the ride in disney,

So it's like standing in painful heat for one and half hours with screaming children around you and some dressed up minimum wager tries to distract you from the fact that the whole thrill is going to be about 5 minutes long?

Ren
21-08-03, 14:49
pwned

bibliotequa
21-08-03, 16:18
Rofl have you ever been to disney? I live in florida so i go at least once a year, and the only rides that have real lines are... splash mountain, space mountain, thunder railroad, and the racetrack, oh and these little rotating rocket ships above the cafeteria in futureworld or w/e the hell they call it, aside from that the lines really arent that long, pirates of the carribean is emtpy for example, and when you reach the line its all the way inside, where you can already see the boats, its like a 2 minute line, and its so far in, and the place is so dark, that even if its like 90 degrees ( 34-35ish i think) itll be a cool 70 inside (around 24). Oh yeah, also the small world has like a 10 minute line, along with winney the pooh (it kicks arse i tell ya), buzz light gear (now there you have a loooong line, about as long as the ones i mentioned before, usually like 30 mins, specially since its constantly breaking down), the small world (bout 10, but who the hell cares, cause you just sit in the cooooold air conditioned room, and hear the damn animatrons singing.) and all those in the little fantasy land (10 minutes pretty much, mostly cause theyre so small that they spit ppl right back out)

Omg, that moonlight swordfight so kicked arse, and johnny depp was fricken funney as hell. When theyre about to hang him, and the executioners read "Jack sparrow will be hung for...." and he corrects him and says "captain jack sparrow, captain jack" rofl, he was a lunatic.

DonnyJepp
21-08-03, 16:23
Originally posted by Dave Kujan
i gotta see that before it disappears. i heard johnny depp was over the top and absolutely hilarious!

You misspelled my name :D :D :D

Genty
21-08-03, 16:30
The buttons they used in it were from Yorkshire, well the majority of them were. :D

Archeus
21-08-03, 16:37
Rofl have you ever been to disney?

Been to both in the US, although in Florida I was working in a conference so apart from MGM studios and the grounds of the Swan Hotel(s?) I didn't see much else.

California one I went to the Star Wars ride (http://www.x-entertainment.com/messages/452.html) was unbelievably long and after finally getting to the ride (they fool you when you get to the door) I was all OMG I CANT BELIEVE I WAITED FOR THIS.

Splash mountain was fun although there were guys in the queue "Dude if you give the bird they won't let you buy the picture, it will be soo cool!" :rolleyes:

Other then that Huck Finns island was ok, relaxing and loads of cute Little house on the pairie refugees wandering around.

bibliotequa
21-08-03, 16:42
Ive only been to the one in florida, but to all of their parks except the water ones (well, i did go to... river country i think) anyway, mgm is pretty fun, i stayed at the swan once. Oh, also it is extremely full in the summer, so you might just get lines starting at the tip of the queues, and in new years eve, in new years its so full that you cant walk without sliding between ppl, you keep bumping shoulders and stuff, literrally, also for the really full rides, what you do is put in your ticket in the speed pass thing (was it there when you went?) and in say.... 40 minutes, you go in and instead of a 40 minute line, its more like 4 minutes, 2 of which you spend walking around the queue, so during the 40 minutes you just go on other rides ;)

Tregard
21-08-03, 17:46
I've been to both Ca. and Florida... my two favorites are Pirates and Haunted Mansion :D (oh btw, did you know they are making a Haunted Mansion movie starring Eddie Murphy? :lol: )

bibliotequa
21-08-03, 17:49
Yeah, haunted mansion pwns, the movie has to rock :p

harold44
21-08-03, 18:00
ahaha, I went to busch gardens with a few buds.. and we all flipped the bird at the camera and they blurred the pictures out on the screens

bibliotequa
21-08-03, 18:14
LOL, so they are ready for the camera flickers :p

Archeus
21-08-03, 18:27
Originally posted by bibliotequa
Yeah, haunted mansion pwns, the movie has to rock :p

Oh yes I forgot this! :D:D:D

At the start the about 5-6 adults come into the lift all carrying 1-2 small children. They are told the ride isn't suited for small kids.

They are all "We queued you better dam well lets us on!".

So anyone who's been in the ride knows about the lift at the start. :D When the lift got to the bottom every child was bawling thier eyes out screaming in pure terror.

All the parents were being led to the exit to help calm thier children who probably will have nightmares to this day. o_O

But yea, one of the better rides.

=Chojin=
21-08-03, 18:30
Originally posted by Tregard
(oh btw, did you know they are making a Haunted Mansion movie starring Eddie Murphy? :lol: )
man his latest films have been shit:( maybey he can improve tho eh :D

Ch0

bibliotequa
21-08-03, 18:33
Yeah, i remember the first time i went on i was like maybe 6 or so, and when i saw the corpse hanging, and then it "fell" i was right in the center of the room, and i slammed into some1 to avoid the body lol. And also the one of the alien, extra terrorestrial, an alien encounter, that one nearly made me piss in my pants when i first went on (i was 8 i think)