PDA

View Full Version : About thread ressurection

bibliotequa
21-08-03, 08:39
How long after the last post in a thread, is the thread considered dead? Obviously something dating back to beta 4 is already decomposing, but how about for example, something 1 month old? Any official time spam i mean span :p till a thread dies?

kurai
21-08-03, 08:51
Off of front page is generally the answer given by a mod, unless substantive new information is offered.

There aren't any hard and fast rules tho, it's a matter of judgement - hence the existance of mods, rather than an automatic script that locks anything older than X days.

Mankind
21-08-03, 09:30
The mods don't want a thread ressurected unless you have something to update on...

such as..

"I'm coming up with a new skin for a tank"

2 months later

"It's finally here"

Nidhogg
21-08-03, 15:45
The forum rules state:
Do not bump up topics that are not on the first page of the forum unless you have new and substantive information to include.So, what constitutes "old" is clear, the only gray area is the definition of "substantive information" which is where mod's judgement comes in. Basically, a post like "Yeah, I hate that bug too! :mad: " does not constitute "new and substantive". ;)

N

bibliotequa
21-08-03, 16:07
thanks nid, and mankind and kurai, though just wanted a mod's word, just in case.

Crest
21-08-03, 16:56
How about events notified about 2 weeks in adavnce,

original Thread is , This event will appen in 2 weeks, then 2 days before, a reminder of this event, hope to see you there....

Event though that is bumping it uo, and no real new information, the thread is not really dead until after the event ? So it has a life span outside the nornmal boundires of a 'Nerf Thread' or something