PDA

View Full Version : Yet another carefully planned droning strike ruined by bugs

RayBob
21-08-03, 08:19
When a drone hits the ground (which it does often), it does not STICK to the ground like GLUE. You are able to slowly push it away from the ground.

Then why the hell do drones stick like GLUE to the many towers and walls around OPs? No matter how careful I try to be, I continue to lose drone after drone to this annoying bug. Tonight, I carefully planned a strike against 2 enemies and just as I flew into position the drone is crazy glued to a wall. I wasted 20 minutes planning the attack.

I'm really getting fed up with this game. KK does not talk to us anymore. The Rigger's Interface parts were announced 6 weeks ago, they are still not in the game, and KK will not say a word about it.

My 2 accounts expire in September and I think I'm just going to let them go into limbo. This game is approaching 1 year of retail and every person I know has multiple synch crashes and FREs every single night. There are computer games that are 10 years old that are more stable than Neocron. A clan mate of mine died twice today simply by synch-crashing out from the underground of an OP into the enemy that has no problem killing a runner they see is not fighting back and has clearly crashed.

Both of my accounts have been capped for months and it is a struggle to find something fun to do. This game has very little "end game" content.

It's all been said before and nobody is listening

Ray

bounty
21-08-03, 08:28
where do you drone? i'm on saturn and yes the life of a droner is hidious. It is a lot of fun though which makes the bugs bearable. But since droning
THere are a few bugs and drone issues that make me hate it with every inch of my body.

1. The ol' drop your drone and it switches camera modes on you bug so you have to hit your "camera view" button to get it back to first or third person, whichever you use. It alwasy seems to go to that dumb side view which is horrid if you are trying to run from someone. basically you can't.

2. The random SL loss and faction sympathy loss encountered as a droner. It always happens when i'm droning, not in character, i'll be hunting mobs in the middle of nowhere and my faction symp drops for no reason. Or another variation that is more common is i am killing a mob and ITS damage to TG guards is counted to me and so when the guard dies, i lose SL, and get kicked out of faction. VERY FUN.

3. Can't cap drones. Lame.

4. You can't loot with your drone. Part of the things that is nice about droning is you don't endanger your body. YEt you totally expose it when you go to loot. They should let observers retreive loot.

5. hunting in a team. Its hard to do as a droner, if your body is far from the team, even if your drone is up close to them, you don't get XP. Terrific.

6. We need a few more rare drones that do different types of damage.

7. There are more but i can't think of them right now. (plenty more)

CR@SH
21-08-03, 09:54
yeah i gotta agree i started a droner on saturn here recently and not only are all the old bugs still there from the beginning of retail but some new ones have crept up too. By the way since when did KK change it so your drone blows up on impact with water? If i recall correctly it used to get stuck in the water but never blew up.

bounty
21-08-03, 09:56
I haven't been around water enough to really test that, but i know in aggie cellars, if you drop it on those grates, which ironically your drone gravitates right to them like a magnet even with careful navigation, then it goes down and you can't retrieve it, good point yet another bug.

CarniFlex
21-08-03, 10:04
Never ever fly a drone into stun traps... they will destroy the drone instantly.

Retro V
21-08-03, 10:13
1. drones sometimes dont launch

2. drones launch but to everyone it appears to be in midair beside you while u remain ' in-body '

3. kill a teammate and lose soullight

4. huge lag means u need to keep drones above half health without risk of losing them unexpectedly

Cass
21-08-03, 11:02
This guy has a dog. One day he keeps dangling a dog treat in front of his dog's nose then snatching it away when when the dog tries to bite at it. This goes on for hours. The stupid dog just sits there, hoping and drooling. Any other dog would have gotten pissed long ago. He'd either have gone over and started biting his fleas or attacked it's owner and ate the whole box of treats.

We are the dog.
KK is the dog owner.
The rigger imps are the dog treat.
The fleas are Neocron.

The thing is, we can't attack KK and just take the treats. We're stuck with fleas.

phunqe
21-08-03, 11:03
Originally posted by Cass
This guy has a dog. One day he keeps dangling a dog treat in front of his dog's nose then snatching it away when when the dog tries to bite at it. This goes on for hours. The stupid dog just sits there, hoping and drooling. Any other dog would have gotten pissed long ago. He'd either have gone over and started biting his fleas or attacked it's owner and ate the whole box of treats.

We are the dog.
KK is the dog owner.
The rigger imps are the dog treat.
The fleas are Neocron.

The thing is, we can't attack KK and just take the treats. We're stuck with fleas.

Hehe, how long have you been sitting on that one :p

:D

Cass
21-08-03, 11:22
Originally posted by phunqe
Hehe, how long have you been sitting on that one :p

:D Since about 4 weeks before the end of Beta 4, when I made my first droner..:rolleyes:

C'mon, KK!!

phunqe
21-08-03, 12:01
Originally posted by Cass
Since about 4 weeks before the end of Beta 4, when I made my first droner..:rolleyes:

C'mon, KK!!

:(

Wilson
21-08-03, 15:03
* Pounds on KK's door * HELLO, IS ANYONE IN THERE?

Are you listening KK? For months droning issues have been brought up time and time again. Real issues that need addressed.

I read patch notes hoping to see related fixes, but never see any for drones. All fixes in the patch notes are needed, but when will drone fixes be important enough to be done? Then I see something like '- FIXED: Raygunpistol reload sound' and I loose it.

I feel your pain Ray, as all droners do.

I still hold out hope, but it's damn frustrating at times.

DrekHead
21-08-03, 16:10
lets just all go back to beta 4

Genty
21-08-03, 16:18
The Riggers Dream MC5 chip is ingame, on Pluto at least...as for the other riggers one, I am sure it is on the way.

IMO RoF should go on your skills and not just be set in stone.

GT_Rince
21-08-03, 16:18
Not on the issue of droning, but....

Originally posted by RayBob
A clan mate of mine died twice today simply by synch-crashing out from the underground of an OP into the enemy that has no problem killing a runner they see is not fighting back and has clearly crashed.

Sometimes clans sacrafice a runner who will go up to the OP, die and stay there, telling peeps below in TS what is going on above - when the barrels stop, etc.

If I see an enemy pop out of any underground - or anywhere for that matter - static or not, I'm not gonna give 'em the chance. They could be typing, scratching their arse, etc... The list is long :)

Spy<VS>Spy
21-08-03, 16:41
Originally posted by RayBob
When a drone hits the ground (which it does often), it does not STICK to the ground like GLUE. You are able to slowly push it away from the ground.

Then why the hell do drones stick like GLUE to the many towers and walls around OPs? No matter how careful I try to be, I continue to lose drone after drone to this annoying bug. Tonight, I carefully planned a strike against 2 enemies and just as I flew into position the drone is crazy glued to a wall. I wasted 20 minutes planning the attack.

I'm really getting fed up with this game. KK does not talk to us anymore. The Rigger's Interface parts were announced 6 weeks ago, they are still not in the game, and KK will not say a word about it.

My 2 accounts expire in September and I think I'm just going to let them go into limbo. This game is approaching 1 year of retail and every person I know has multiple synch crashes and FREs every single night. There are computer games that are 10 years old that are more stable than Neocron. A clan mate of mine died twice today simply by synch-crashing out from the underground of an OP into the enemy that has no problem killing a runner they see is not fighting back and has clearly crashed.

Both of my accounts have been capped for months and it is a struggle to find something fun to do. This game has very little "end game" content.

It's all been said before and nobody is listening

Ray

Its not that nobody listens, just that most people who can do anything about it...dont. it could be that their shoes where too tight, it might even be that their head wasnt screwed on just right...

but no, i think the reason is that their heart is two sizes too small...

Riiiight, anywho while people continue to try and tell me droning is an effective medium, i know better. i know better cause i've used just about every weapon in this game...it isnt untill you sit down and think about it that you come to the assumption that drones are obsolete, they where from they day they where released.

Neocron combat is getting a gun reticle to close around a target, then shooting. of all the weapons in the game the drone is the most voilitile weapon to use. normally because you DO have to plan 20 minutes in advance for a good fight...set up your droners, set up your drones...preferable set up your ground forces...

they where done half assed, like vehicles, what can i say? drones where suppose to end all support class role for spy's. yes you might see some high end rifle spy's or some tradeskill pistol spy's...but it was drones that where to give their technical edge on the battle field...drones never did of course. in my eyes combat drones suck...they cant penatrate shields number one, and number two they can do dick to cloakers...so alright how often do we encounter an unshielding uncloaking class of charactor that we cant already kill with a raygun or something?

i used to use the KK-400 for passive monks, if you can land it right and they are DB'd they would never know what hit them...but since the shield increase...i cant dent em. if it DOES actually count as a hit i do like 40 or 20...shit on that.

screw the drones, i got a PE and a stealth 3, i'm happy! and i'm sneaky!

\\Fényx//
21-08-03, 16:50
Originally posted by GT_Rince
Not on the issue of droning, but....

Sometimes clans sacrafice a runner who will go up to the OP, die and stay there, telling peeps below in TS what is going on above - when the barrels stop, etc.

If I see an enemy pop out of any underground - or anywhere for that matter - static or not, I'm not gonna give 'em the chance. They could be typing, scratching their arse, etc... The list is long :)

MINCEY !!!!

it was me :( at gabanium and at Malstrond .... now i was not sitting there on teamspeak, havent got a mic lol you know that... just every time I went to leave the UG for the top level i had like a 20 second synch, dead once i finally synched :mad: was waiting for a PPU to res me or something, at malstrond I just went into the kitchen after i died and made myself a sarnie, just couldnt be fucked to go get poked for the 10th time that night due to lag + synch :(