PDA

View Full Version : PPUs

Cyphor
21-08-03, 04:11
After reading and trying to defend ppus in the constant 5 a day nef threads ive came to the conclusion its in vien. Its came to the point now where theres no such thing as a good ppu, just a bad ppu. Being a ppu can at times be one of the most boring and frustrating jobs in the game, at one time it was worthwhile as you were apreciated and complimented, now if something goes wrong its always a ppus fault, either a enemy one or a bad one on your teams part :(

So if we must have nerfs there are only two ways i see it working

1) the hybrid idea (personally dont think its right to force thoses who may prefer being pure to play a diff role, but for me it might be nice to be able to deal some dmg :) )

2) a. REMOVE the ability to cast def and shelter on others
b. unnerf healing to others so its at 100% again
c. leave para/dmg boost and a ppus own defenses alone
d. Start the countdown on buffs when you get hit (not that imporatant to fixing it but i like the idea :p)

This should fix most peoples probs with ppus, as buffs seem to be the big thing people hate, I cant say i agree with it too much as it will change the balance of the game too much with mobs dmg etc having to be lowered and more importantly it is removing one of the main roles of a class, which players have spent months lvling up. But if there is to be a nerf this is how i feel it should be done best, i just want to get it out there so if kk are reading these nerf threads they dont end up implimenting some of the doomsday ideas of having ppus but making them 100% useless ie no para dmg boost buffs on others weak heal no rezz unless under xyz conditions etc.

Comments and critisisms....

Scikar
21-08-03, 04:20
You gotta take out the holy shields because otherwise we'll be back to square one with the uber hybrids again.

Heals on other players were never nerfed, only shelters and deflectors. I say those should be selfcast only, but the monk can cast combat and resist boosters on other players. Since they'll be on even footing with the other classes, parashock should be toned down a bit (no argument that ppus need it any more).

Arcadius
21-08-03, 04:24
Scikar, sign on to MSN I have an idea about apu/ppu I wanna talk to you about.

japata
21-08-03, 07:13
Yup. Leveling with fire mobs, swamp mobs, el farid mobs or grave mobs would be daaaamn easy without shelter. A mighty fine idea boys... not.

IronMonkey
21-08-03, 07:17
god this threads are slowly startign to get annoying. Leave the PPU alone already

da_zero0
21-08-03, 07:26
2) a. REMOVE the ability to cast def and shelter on others

plus

c. leave para/dmg boost and a ppus own defenses alone

would not work, if i understand u right, cuz it would be to easy to kill when teamed with ppu

but my suggestion is that it should only be possible to cast dmg boost on mobs not on players

the dmg is high enough + debuffs etc...

Jolt
21-08-03, 07:30
Originally posted by japata
Yup. Leveling with fire mobs, swamp mobs, el farid mobs or grave mobs would be daaaamn easy without shelter. A mighty fine idea boys... not.

Ya everything is not pvp, wish people would remember that =/

bounty
21-08-03, 07:30
Originally posted by IronMonkey
god this threads are slowly startign to get annoying. Leave the PPU alone already

Why are so many people complaining that ppu's take away from PvP and other aspects of the game if they need to be left alone? I'm a ppu and I think something needs changed in a big way. I don't want to become useless, but i'd like to see battles being fought without the reliance on a ppu being there. that is dumb for the other classes. right now 5 tanks versus even 3 tanks and a ppu, its almost a no brainer who will win. That is just not right.

bounty
21-08-03, 07:31
Originally posted by Jolt
Ya everything is not pvp, wish people would remember that =/

i used to level in ALL of those places solo as a tank about 6 or 7 months ago. Not a very valid argument. Changing the mob damage is very minor.

Archeus
21-08-03, 07:33
Tea... check

Toast... check

Showered... check

PPU Nerf thread.. check

Now I can start my day!

bounty
21-08-03, 07:37
I prefer a "GMs are H4X0rz" thread in there too, but each to his own.

IronMonkey
21-08-03, 08:26
Originally posted by bounty
Why are so many people complaining that ppu's take away from PvP and other aspects of the game if they need to be left alone? I'm a ppu and I think something needs changed in a big way. I don't want to become useless, but i'd like to see battles being fought without the reliance on a ppu being there. that is dumb for the other classes. right now 5 tanks versus even 3 tanks and a ppu, its almost a no brainer who will win. That is just not right.

One simpel answer. Because its a pvp game and people WILL ALWAYS COMPLAIN about it. After tthe ppu gets nerfed than the apu will get nerfed than the cs will get nerfed than the libby will get nerfed than the Silent hunter will get nerfed than they will complain about thew next thing that stop them from winnign an opw ar or got them killed. It will never stop, believe me i have worked in this field lol

The community calls for somthign you do it it gets done. They call for the next nerf u do it it gets done they call for the next nerf etc etc etc. Pretty soon all the classes are useless the mobs are to strong and than the mobvs havce to be nerfed and the classes boosted again It goes on forever and ever. Washing away hundreds of development hours for additional content and code fixes.

zanzan
21-08-03, 09:13
why cant we just remove the ppu class?it will save us all time instand of thoes nerfs that ur thinking about

Cyphor
21-08-03, 10:14
Originally posted by Scikar
You gotta take out the holy shields because otherwise we'll be back to square one with the uber hybrids again.

I ment option 1 OR option 2 :) either the hybrids idea as posted in the other thread OR pure ppus without the ability to cast shileds on others.

Originally posted by Scikar
Heals on other players were never nerfed, only shelters and deflectors. I say those should be selfcast only, but the monk can cast combat and resist boosters on other players. Since they'll be on even footing with the other classes, parashock should be toned down a bit (no argument that ppus need it any more).

Never knew that about heal, and think you misunderstood as stated above, you remove heal shelter def from being cast on others and nerf para what does a ppu do? a class devoted to dmg boost and rezz 8|

Originally posted by japata

Ive tried to argue this in other threads, look on the main page if you want to check. All the nerf will mean is mob dmg gets changed. On a side note, you shouldnt need a ppu for el farid and for swamp cave/grave shields do squat, just need holy anti poison sanctum/holy carth sanctum or mabey holy antidote if you feel lucky.

Originally posted by da_zero0
would not work, if i understand u right, cuz it would be to easy to kill when teamed with ppu

but my suggestion is that it should only be possible to cast dmg boost on mobs not on players

the dmg is high enough + debuffs etc....

What would you have a ppu do? they need to bring something to a team or theres no point in having one. If you remove the ability to buff others you need to keep the other aspects of being a ppu intact.

One simpel answer. Because its a pvp game and people WILL ALWAYS COMPLAIN about it. After tthe ppu gets nerfed than the apu will get nerfed than the cs will get nerfed than the libby will get nerfed than the Silent hunter will get nerfed than they will complain about thew next thing that stop them from winnign an opw ar or got them killed. It will never stop, believe me i have worked in this field lol

I have already said this in other threads too, however kk seems to listen to the community and i can smell a ppu nerf soon (stinks whoever done it :p ), anyways if there is going to be a nerf then i would prefer one that is either a good comprimise as option 2, or remove ppu and just make all monks hybrid as i dont see the point of keeping a gimp class in the game, i can say one thing though, if they become hybrid STFU anyone who wants rezz, boosts etc, if im forced to be offensive thats what il do and im sure the same will happen with others.

The community calls for somthign you do it it gets done. They call for the next nerf u do it it gets done they call for the next nerf etc etc etc. Pretty soon all the classes are useless the mobs are to strong and than the mobvs havce to be nerfed and the classes boosted again It goes on forever and ever. Washing away hundreds of development hours for additional content and code fixes.

Too true, unfortunatly i cant see the people moaning stopping and i can see kk listening :(

The way i see it removing buffs from other players allows people to fight on their own with a ppu or without at op wars, it seems buffs are the main complaint, and still there is a purpose in a ppu as he can para dmg boost and heal rezz etc The ppu should keep his defense as if you make a pure defense char it should have a damn good defense when speced right.

PPUs dont get any respect in the game anymore, people see a ppu survive 7 people and rather than "wow he's good" its "nerf the ppu!". When something goes wrong a ppu is blamed, "they had more ppus than us" or "i wasnt healed"(funny how when people want heals they run arund in circles jumping up and down so you cant target them quickly, someone tell everyone but ppus you heal faster that way or something?
Anyways ppus dont get the respect they deserve anymore, they are just as hard a class to play as the others, and if people are going to moan kk will do something. So having had to concede to this fact id rather have a compromise that suits both sides. I Dont Want A PPU Nerf, but i see one coming and would rather kk get it right.

Arcadius
21-08-03, 10:14
Originally posted by zanzan
why cant we just remove the ppu class?it will save us all time instand of thoes nerfs that ur thinking about

I agree. I know you're being sarcastic, but I agree anyways and i'm serious. The PPU class should have never been.

Cyphor
21-08-03, 10:18
Originally posted by Arcadius
I agree. I know you're being sarcastic, but I agree anyways and i'm serious. The PPU class should have never been.

I dont know what way i would argue, it may have been easier with no ppu class but it was put in so taking it away seems wrong to remove it, but id rather they took it away if the only other option is to have a nerfed class useless to all.

The way people argue mabey the ppu class never should have been, bit too late now though :( why couldnt people have moaned in beta? < the time when you are ment to fix the balance issues and fundamentals of the game

JustIn_Case
21-08-03, 10:20
Originally posted by Arcadius

Hurray, lets remove all but Tanks :) yes lets play Unreal Tournament instead, woot, hurray, yippieee.

bounty
21-08-03, 10:21
Well that is a good point but i think the fundamental problems with balance is that if you balance one thing it tends to over correct or lead to a different problem somewhere else. And i wasn't talking about removing the ppu class, it was just making monk one class that can cast spells and heal, yet not make it so overpowering that it can take on multiple units.

MayhemMike
21-08-03, 13:43
Omg , Gayest idea ever , kthxbye

pfffft remove ability to buff people.... THEN WAHTS THERE PURPOSE ?

JustIn_Case
21-08-03, 14:13
Read my signature

Original monk
21-08-03, 14:40
LEAVE ME ALONE (and all other ppu's)

ghandisfury
21-08-03, 15:08
They HAVE removed the PPU class. Let's look at the current nerfs.

#1 50% reduction in shields to other players.
#2 50% reduction if you have shelter and deflector up at the same time.
#3 and the biggest....an APU can cast holy antibuff faster than a person can resurect.

Seriously there is no reason to play a PPU. They take 10 times longer to level. They are the most stressfull, and unrewarding class to play...and they are always under the spotlight for nerfs. I love my PPU, but my god....pretty soon, all I'll be good for is a construction boost in plaza one (and I say only in plaza because I wont be able to leave the city).

Lucjan
21-08-03, 15:15
Originally posted by zanzan

Very tempting...

Original monk
21-08-03, 15:17
Originally posted by ghandisfury
They HAVE removed the PPU class. Let's look at the current nerfs.

#1 50% reduction in shields to other players.
#2 50% reduction if you have shelter and deflector up at the same time.
#3 and the biggest....an APU can cast holy antibuff faster than a person can resurect.

Seriously there is no reason to play a PPU. They take 10 times longer to level. They are the most stressfull, and unrewarding class to play...and they are always under the spotlight for nerfs. I love my PPU, but my god....pretty soon, all I'll be good for is a construction boost in plaza one (and I say only in plaza because I wont be able to leave the city).

SNIF SNIF im afraid youre like 300% right man *yumps into the corner of the room in a fetusposition and starts crying with towel in he's hands* WHERENT the hybrid kills not enough, yust delete all monks goddamnit then i wont nag again about all this nerfs, i miss my hybrid, and soon i gonna miss my ppu :/ think i lommed away like 40 psi levels by now :/ and regained em :/ <- stupid me

deac
21-08-03, 15:19
Originally posted by Cyphor

:( why couldnt people have moaned in beta? < the time when you are ment to fix the balance issues and fundamentals of the game

lol there where no such thing in beta as ppus.... or pure monks.. only hybrids... thats why the game dont support pure monks right now

da_zero0
21-08-03, 15:20
What would you have a ppu do? they need to bring something to a team or theres no point in having one. If you remove the ability to buff others you need to keep the other aspects of being a ppu intact.

write less , read more Oo

i didnt said not buff i said the dmg boost should not be casted on player only on mobs everything else should stay as it is.......

zanzan
21-08-03, 15:20
this is funny, now KK WILL listen to u and nerf the ppus, then u WILL cry about ur apu geting pwned in a op fight or how impossible it is to lvl, this game is doomed...dumb people.
heres something better, kill all classes expect droners and then u will play, thats it thats a perfect balance, everybody are droners...

zanzan
21-08-03, 15:27
forgot to say, removing ppus will only make tanks viable for op fights, YEAH WELCOME TO NEO-TANK!!!:rolleyes:

Promethius
21-08-03, 15:33
Originally posted by Archeus
Tea... check

Toast... check

Showered... check

PPU Nerf thread.. check

Now I can start my day!

lmao so true....also i think theres 2 PPU nerf threads running atm...Maybe we won't see any tomorrow??? pfft we have a bigger chance of seeing DoY then that

Promethius
21-08-03, 15:36
Originally posted by da_zero0
write less , read more Oo

i didnt said not buff i said the dmg boost should not be casted on player only on mobs everything else should stay as it is.......

well thats the first time i have ever heard anyone complain about dmg boost. Also If you can't cast dmg boost on PPU's how u going to kill them? Well for one thing dmg boost isn't that much more dmg to a player just enouhg to make a difference.

.Cyl0n
21-08-03, 16:44
Make all monks hybrids again and balance us then .

.cy

Cyphor
21-08-03, 18:18
Originally posted by Original monk
LEAVE ME ALONE (and all other ppu's)

My main char is pure ppu and has been since i rolled him in feb

After reading and trying to defend ppus in the constant 5 a day nef threads ive came to the conclusion its in vien

This should fix most peoples probs with ppus, as buffs seem to be the big thing people hate, I cant say i agree with it too much as it will change the balance of the game too much with mobs dmg etc having to be lowered and more importantly it is removing one of the main roles of a class

if there is to be a nerf this is how i feel it should be done best, i just want to get it out there so if kk are reading these nerf threads they dont end up implimenting some of the doomsday ideas of having ppus but making them 100% useless

:rolleyes:

I might not like a nerf i might not want a nerf but i have came to realise we will get one. And unfortunatly it might be needed, not to balance the game but to allow those whining to enjoy it, this game isnt about ME, MY PPU will be hurt in a nerf but if there is to be a nerf id rather compromise and get one that suits those wanting it and doesnt hit me that bad. Its amazing how many people think the game revolves around them, yes you should be able to enjoy the game, but so should others and while people moan there must be a prob somewhere.

So ideally no nerf and boost other classes, but most dont seem happy with it...