PDA

View Full Version : Possible solution to monks.

bounty
21-08-03, 02:41
Yeah i know, monk thread what? 5,778,923 or 5,778,924, somewhere in there. Anyways, There is more bitching now about apus and ppus than there was about hybrids, hard to believe really.

My idea is this:

Scrap the ppu monk. Tone down the damage on apu spells, and then give them a shelter/deflector and heals. Not sure where boosters would fit into all of this. I'm thinking a shelter between the standard shelter and a blessed shelter. THis of course would need to be tested. Heal the same way something to heal with but nothing that overpowering at all. I know some people like the "teaming" aspect of the apu/ppu combo, and i couldn't agree more. BUt i must say from playing as both a pure apu and ppu, it gets old when you just want to go out and hunt to rely on someone else. I sometimes go and drone on saturn just so i can go off and level and collect rares all by myself cause i enjoy solitude at times.

I understand that some of my ideas have been mentioned before and i know that its a lot of fluff, but underneath i think its an idea that would add some balance to this class. The rebirth of exotic of course is another idea that might work *shrug*.

Lets keep this thread somewhat civilized.

Arcadius
21-08-03, 02:45
Yup I had this same idea before. Personally I hate ppus so much i'd rather see my class destroyed and all monks become hybrids.

Too many ppus though love their godlike defense. I honestly see a whole bunch of them flaming this thread and idea.

I also have another idea to balance apus and ppus, but it's pretty radical. I'll pretty much be flamed by all monks for it. :D

Whiety Bulger
21-08-03, 02:47
pure monks are intresting. APU are supposed to be thr ultimate offensive unit in return they die when they trip on the sidewalk vice versa for ppus

bounty
21-08-03, 02:47
Well i'm a pure ppu and although i love the "invincible"(i'm far from it at my current level heh), i feel that there are definitely certain aspects of PVP that have been utterly destroyed because of it.

Arcadius
21-08-03, 02:54
Originally posted by Whiety Bulger
pure monks are intresting. APU are supposed to be thr ultimate offensive unit in return they die when they trip on the sidewalk vice versa for ppus

That's a lie. :p An apu's only real defense problem is lack of high health. But apus can have good resists and defense. As a matter of fact, using a capped energy beam(which is EQUAL to 530% HL) an apu can have an AWESOME resist setup.

Cyphor
21-08-03, 02:56
Only prob with scrapping ppus is then you have to rebalance the game (and piss off loads who have spent months lvling them :mad: ), the dmg from high end mobs would have to be balanced so spies etc can fight them yet by taking the dmg down this much, tanks will be way too powerfull so have to nerf con, so all classes take a con hit, so pvp dmg is too much so nerf all weps etc etc

PPUs are an integral part of the game try lvling as fast in the chaos caves etc without one, why not realise this game has been made this way get used to it and moveon, why always nerf? When you dont like the ending to a movie to you write to the producer? PPUs have been here since the start and for the game to exist as it is they always will be.

KK know this and arent going to risk a loss of custom and the knock on effect of ballancing everything else, let it drop.

If anything give other class debuffs etc hell why not make resist psi stop para/dmg boost?
Just stop moaning about nerfs!

Arcadius
21-08-03, 02:57
omg Cyphor c'mon use a real arguement. THe "death and doom of neocron if ppus are nerfed" is taken too far. Tanks won't be far too powerful, they'll be fine. Why would they be "far too powerful" all of a sudden? WHY would their be con hits all around?

There was a point when PPU monks didn't exist, and mobs did less damage.

Scikar
21-08-03, 02:59
Yeah with no ppus we could go back to the days when tanks could level solo. MC5 might even become possible. I dunno why but when you say make all monks hybrid and balance from there I don't like it but when you put it like that it seems OK.

Cyphor
21-08-03, 03:02
Originally posted by Arcadius
omg Cyphor c'mon use a real arguement. THe "death and doom of neocron if ppus are nerfed" is taken too far. Tanks won't be far too powerful, they'll be fine. Why would they be "far too powerful" all of a sudden? WHY would their be con hits all around?

There was a point when PPU monks didn't exist, and mobs did less damage.

It was ment to be an exageration, but when lvling in places like chaos caves or mc5, try it without a ppu with rezz it will take alot longer and for mc5 be imposs, so they will have to fix the dmg of mobs to compensate so that them places can be fine without rezz/buffs/holy heal with dmg dropped on mobs tanks will be able to take insane dmg with all their con compared to spies etc

Yes i prob took it too far but the point is you cant remove ppus without having a knock on effect on the whole game.

It amazing how many people hate ppus, yet when ever im in chaos caves etc with another char and theres no ppu everyone wants one, moans, dies, leaves...

Arcadius
21-08-03, 03:03
Originally posted by Cyphor

It amazing how many people hate ppus, yet when ever im in chaos caves etc with another char and theres no ppu everyone wants one, moans, dies, leaves...

Because the game is designed for us to be forced to team with them in some situations.

I'm apu, so in op wars i'm a prime target for the enemies. And since they'll be buffed i'll NEED to be buffed too. And I hate ppus. :p

Scikar
21-08-03, 03:04
It was ment to be an exageration, but when lvling in places like chaos caves or mc5, try it without a ppu with rezz it will take alot longer and for mc5 be imposs, so they will have to fix the dmg of mobs to compensate so that them places can be fine without rezz/buffs/holy heal with dmg dropped on mobs tanks will be able to take insane dmg with all their con compared to spies etc

Yes i prob took it too far but the point is you cant remove ppus without having a knock on effect on the whole game.

Well the new hybrids could still ressurect. They shouldn't be able to shield anyone else but they should be able to cast resist and combat boosters and possibly heal. But definitely ressurect.

SovKhan
21-08-03, 03:07
la de da. you know you love us.

Cyphor
21-08-03, 03:09
Because the game is designed for us to be forced to team with them in some situations.

I'm apu, so in op wars i'm a prime target for the enemies. And since they'll be buffed i'll NEED to be buffed too. And I hate ppus. :p

Unfortunatly this is the way the game is designed, it has been this way since the start of retail which is why it has to stay that way. If ppu had never been an option i wouldnt care if it hadnt been implimented but now it has they cant really change it.

And its the same in most mmorpgs, for the high end lvling places you need the acolyte/healer/(whatever they're called in the game) to lvl efficiently, i dont think there is anything wrong with the defense of a ppu i just dont think there is enough to counter them. atm there is antibuff spells but they need to intro weps for spies and tanks which can debuff too. And for the op war situations with buffs coming off etc i liked your idea of buffs not counting down till you get hit, this would help all not just ppu's < ideas like this can help the game, nerfing and removing chars will just cause more issues.

Arcadius
21-08-03, 03:12
And for the op war situations with buffs coming off etc i liked your idea of buffs not counting down till you get hit, this would help all not just ppu's < ideas like this can help the game, nerfing and removing chars will just cause more issues.

What the hell? I never posted this idea. How did you know about it? Did I talk to you in-game? :D

hivemind
21-08-03, 03:13
I brought this up a long time ago as well.

Just let all monks be hybrids, remove all the Holy Buffs, and balance from there.

Arcadius
21-08-03, 03:14
Originally posted by hivemind

Just let all monks be hybrids, remove all the Holy Buffs, and balance from there.

Ditto.

hivemind
21-08-03, 03:17
http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=68558
Thar it lies, deep in the Graveport...

hivemind
21-08-03, 03:19
Ever get the feeling lately Arc that there's just like 20 of us here and we're talking to ourselves?...

Cyphor
21-08-03, 03:20
What the hell? I never posted this idea. How did you know about it? Did I talk to you in-game? :D

Im sure i saw you post it on the forum recently, dont think ive played on pluto since i got my apu's pa, but not sure mabey it was in-game :)
I think this has been one of the best ideas ive heard in a long time, it might not solve the problem of ppus etc but it sure as hell helps in op wars, rather than run in just as buffs go :) All classes would benefit from it and it would be one of many needed steps to fix the probs atm.
There are probs with ppus and how they work but i dont think that nerfs will solve them, boosting other classes will :)

Edit: also a prob with all monks being hybrids is they will have a even bigger part to play and people will get annoyed as they will spend more time ppuing than lvling etc, it can be very annoying as a hybrid, knowing you could be lvling (doing dmg etc) but instead you have to buff heal rezz etc.

Im not completely against this idea as i think personally it would make playing my monk on saturn more fun (currently my ppu), i just think it will effect the game in other ways.

Arcadius
21-08-03, 03:20
Ever get the feeling lately Arc that there's just like 20 of us here and we're talking to ourselves?...

lmao yea

Scikar
21-08-03, 03:23
OK make all monks hybrid, remove holy buffs, and no shielding of other players at all, and yes I'm happy.

hivemind
21-08-03, 03:32
I'm good with that Scikar. Of course there's a few mobs that will need tweaking then, but really they'll just need to turn them back down to what they were before the insane patch that quintupled everything's hit points...

bounty
21-08-03, 03:38

exactly.

.Cyl0n
21-08-03, 03:44
EXACTLY

Make all monks hybrids and balance them then...
Being a pure ppu destroyes the game for me.. i mean im waiting the whole day in p 1 for a fight ... i cant even tradeskill ...its just boring as hell... at least i got my tank to play with.. others dont :(
Monks always been hybrids and as KK came with those tons of new spells they made hybrids overpowerd... why not remove a part of em and balance the rest ? This way a monk could pvp / pvm ALONE and no overpowerd ppu's would decide who the battle wins...

.cy