PDA

View Full Version : Anyone up for an op war without PPUs?

Arcadius
21-08-03, 01:13
Anyone wanna try and set up an op war without ppus? Just to see what it's like? :D

It'll be fun. :D

Who's game?

bibliotequa
21-08-03, 01:26
Im wishing i were on pluto right about now, a fight w/o ppus must be pretty interesting...

Arcadius
21-08-03, 01:27
Originally posted by bibliotequa
Im wishing i were on pluto right about now, a fight w/o ppus must be pretty interesting...

hell yea!

bibliotequa
21-08-03, 01:31
are the only ppl who think so apus? O_o

Xian
21-08-03, 01:33
I swear, I've only ever been buffed twice when I go into battle in OP wars, and it's not like I haven't fought many, lol.

Buffs last such little time that I get buffed before every fight, then they run out before I even get to the OP.. of course I don't see the PPU again until we're either all gathering at the nearest possible place or we've won. :)

Heavyporker
21-08-03, 01:34
Arcadius... must it always be OP wars with you?

edit - I wanted to find this and show it so you understand what I'm really asking.

qouth I! "Look, there's always role-playing, either for yourself or your faction.

WORK to arrange player events - more of them, and more randomly than the regular weekend events like Fight Night.
Sure, fight night can be fun, but they're not for everyone, and not everyone that likes that sort of thing can make it to fight night regularly.

And what's wrong with trying to break out of the specialization mold? Sure, you MIGHT be gimped, but it would be fun and even suprise your opponents so much they lose an edge in fighting you or working against you.

Oh, and yes... about the mega-clans holding most of the maps... whats wrong with you pussies? if you think they hold too much, go make alliances and destroy them...
Hire the Mercs, because thats what they're for, and for many players, money isn't really a issue, so don't use that as an refutation.

And you can always make RP skirmishes anywhere... only pussies go for the CRP caves, the cellars, the MB/MB Bunker... go OUT there, and scout around OPs for enemy combatants... you don't have to actually engage in OP warfare.

And if you don't want to use rares, then don't.

Be unconventional, use advanced group tactics to offset the edge that rares give, and even use Vecs.

Sure, maybe they might be problematic, but use ranged stunner weapons and they might move JUST that much more slowly that the Vec weapons can lock on and fire on them... Keep your men around the vecs so they can't close in and exploit the vehicular blind spots... use vec caravans so you won't get upset if an APC is vulnerable to syncing problems (plus you would have more gun turrets to use anyway).

Not enough drivers? then hire them! just like hiring hackers, man.
That's what NExT runners are for - they own the vecs, they do the driving!

Hell, move OP battles away from the OPs themselves... use the zone terrain... set up ambushes to stop the attackers from moving in on your OP or for the attackers to stop rear attacks on them from the defenders... attackers, use long range weapons and grenade launchers to lob hits over them, so the defenders will get pretty worn down and annoyed and come out to fight you on your ground - what do you think hills, arroyos, trees, and the abandoned villages are for? Use them!

Hey - brilliant idea - hold events by putting special objects in a village, and tell a clan and their enemy about it... they will run to it, and when they see each other, fight like crazy to try to find the object and get it out.

Neocron isn't just a city... its a world! Get your head out of the rut, and LIVE in the world! Viva Neocron!"

Arcadius
21-08-03, 01:38
Heavy stop fuckign spamming threads with the same BS ok?

This thread was only about op wars. I think it's BEYOND STUPID to go to a thread about op wars and say "must it always be op wars?"

That's like me going into Raybob's droner thread and saying "WTF DRONERS ARE NOT THE ONLY ONES WHO NEED BOOSTS LOLOLOLO"

It's not always op wars with me, but that's what THIS thread is about. SO kindly stick to the topic or get the hell out.

Heavyporker
21-08-03, 01:40
Ooooh, touchy.

Arcadius
21-08-03, 01:41
/set kill_self 1

Arcadius
21-08-03, 01:42
Originally posted by Xian
I swear, I've only ever been buffed twice when I go into battle in OP wars, and it's not like I haven't fought many, lol.

Buffs last such little time that I get buffed before every fight, then they run out before I even get to the OP.. of course I don't see the PPU again until we're either all gathering at the nearest possible place or we've won. :)

yup, I go through the same problem.

Before my last op war, the 3 before that the ppu "forgot" to buff me. I'm still pissed about that, and stuff like that is what makes me hate ppus and their overimportance in op wars.

Xian
21-08-03, 01:44
Originally posted by Arcadius
yup, I go through the same problem.

Before my last op war, the 3 before that the ppu "forgot" to buff me. I'm still pissed about that, and stuff like that is what makes me hate ppus and their overimportance in op wars.

Only problem I have with PPUs in OP wars is when someones about to die and they just run off to the PPU. 10 seconds later coming back with full health and new shields. :rolleyes:

cracky
or an op war without monks at all but then pimp couldn't fight because it would be just like duder and zokk.

Judge
I think that it would be interesting, but a little bit unfair to PPUs. =/

I would also like to see a OP war with no monks at all (I hate you all :p )

Arcadius
21-08-03, 01:46
Originally posted by cracky
or an op war without monks at all but then pimp couldn't fight because it would be just like duder and zokk.

What's wrong with apus?

The only thing that separates us from other combat classes is that we can antibuff. And since no PPU wuold be there.............

Besides if no ppus came then Crackheads can't have pete spamming paralyze. j/k :p

cracky
21-08-03, 01:48
I know apus die easy and all but, they still aren't really balanced unless the other classes like spys and pes get a boost.

I mean a spy dies just as fast but does far less damage, and a pe is like a minature tank(or overcapped spy), and the tanks defence doesnt really matter when being attacked by an apu.

Edit: uh to make more sense

Heavyporker
21-08-03, 01:50
What the hell?!?! A tank's defense don't matter against an APU?!!?

Play an APU then.. dammit.

cracky
21-08-03, 01:51
I have an apu on saturn

Heavyporker
21-08-03, 01:52
then you should know that a tank can defend rather well against an APU, so well, in fact that he can far outlast an APU in a fight.

cracky
21-08-03, 01:54
Yes a tank can normally beat an apu but a pe and spy can't, unless they get the first shots in.

Addition: I was just saying that an apus damage isn't really balanced compared to the other classes that would be fighting.

Arcadius
21-08-03, 01:55
Yes a tank can normally beat an apu but a pe and spy can't, unless they get the first shots in.

No offense cracky, but you aren't the best PvPer. I've whooped you a million times, but a person like Vet gives me a run for my money with his PE.

The only people who have ANY right to bitch about apus are spies. And guess what, silent hunter=apu rape

cracky
21-08-03, 01:57
I haven't had the advantage to have been playing for the past few months. Also comparing people to the best isn't a good example of a class at all.

Arcadius
21-08-03, 01:59
Also comparing people to the best isn't a good example of a class at all.

EXACTLY, no offense I love you, but I consider you one of the worst pes, so comparing your battles isnt' a good example of a class at all.

:p sorry :D

cracky
21-08-03, 02:01
EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT

Arcadius
21-08-03, 02:03
well nda apus are alot better.

:lol:

Suuure.

and I consider you the same as most apus,

That's nice, but completely irrelevant. You're blaming apus and saying pes and spies need a boost for your own horrible PE setup.

Soz but it's true.

VVerevvolf
21-08-03, 02:05
Hm depends where the war would take place, some outposts are really cool, where it's easy to snipe all those apus :D

cracky
21-08-03, 02:06
uhhh alright then if you want to be like that, and you are just talking shit because your class is overpowered and doesn't require as much skill as any other.

Edit: uhhhhh I guess I'm not supposed to say what I said so instead I will say centuri=excelsior

bounty
21-08-03, 02:07
I'm a ppu, and personally i although the idea of apu and ppu as two distinct classes of monks is initially a great idea, i would like to see both scrapped, and then just get a hybrid on the heavy apu side, with maybe something between a basic and a blessed set of defenses and a heal. *shrug*

Arcadius
21-08-03, 02:07
uhhh alright then if you want to be like that, and you are just talking shit because your class is overpowered and doesn't require as much skill as any other.

I'm not talking shit, and I don't believe my class is overpowered.

I guess we disagree.

Edit: also I said nda monks are better because they can cast 2 spells at once!!!!!

O_o

I think you can get in trouble for saying stuff like that.

cracky
21-08-03, 02:15
My whole point was apus should be left out also if ppus are left out.

Judge
21-08-03, 02:16
Why would he get in trouble?

Maybe I'm just missing something here.... o_O

nonamebrandeggs
21-08-03, 02:23
*Bitch*

Arcadius
21-08-03, 02:28
Originally posted by Judge
Why would he get in trouble?

Maybe I'm just missing something here.... o_O

He's insinuating that NDA exploits the double cast feature.

cracky
21-08-03, 02:29
now you are talking about hax!!!

hinch
21-08-03, 02:29
i aint in a clan but i`ll join in if i can randomly gank people who run within range or one side picks me or something i`ll be wearing my pa by end of tomorrow just gotta get me a good gun then i may even get the bt epic done in time

Cyphor
21-08-03, 02:34
Originally posted by Heavyporker
What the hell?!?! A tank's defense don't matter against an APU?!!?

Play an APU then.. dammit.

The ony prob atm with apu's is random dmg, tanks with good resists can get the dmg on hl down to about 60-70 a hit average but with randomw dmg you get the odd 150-200 o_O I think apu's are almost balanced, but i think the random dmg is just too annoying, it works both ways too, a apu can hit extremely low and it can be the death of them :( Make the dmg constant again and its fine as you'll know what you have to expect.

cracky
21-08-03, 02:35
Constant damage would definetly help

Arcadius
21-08-03, 02:36
With capped Hl I've never hit about 140 in one hit.

IF it's 150-200 then the tank's resists blow.

Cyphor
21-08-03, 02:43
Originally posted by Arcadius
With capped Hl I've never hit about 140 in one hit.

that was an example not based on a situation. But in a test capped hl ive seen tanks taking around 57 57 119 or something (although i have seen random dmg as high as 200+ but as i dont know what their resists are norm cant say if thats down to random dmg.)

However taking double what the norm is seems unfair, and there are cases where it goes above double 8| its not a huge prob just very annoying, loads of work into resists and it comes down to a random factor o_O nothing you can do to stop taking huge dmg, without your best friend the ppu...

So yeah nerf ppus but we're taking you down with us :p

Zokk
21-08-03, 02:46

Actually, EF hit me with one shot of Fire Apoc once, and it took me down to half health. My resists definetly do not blow, so that was one hell of a critical hit O_o

mdares
21-08-03, 02:48
i've done some tests wit capped HL; against PEs its always nearly around 100; against monks however, i've done 57 first hit, then 158 second hit o_O. Tanks range from 75 - 175 depending on resists; like arc said tanks wit shitty resists = dead tank.

but back on topic; if i was on pluto, i'd say this is a great idea: PPU-less opwar: a true test of skill. :D

Arcadius
21-08-03, 02:50
Originally posted by Zokk
Actually, EF hit me with one shot of Fire Apoc once, and it took me down to half health. My resists definetly do not blow, so that was one hell of a critical hit O_o

wtf, fire apoc is a horrible spell. That's so strange. O_o

hnlecter
21-08-03, 03:23
OP with no PPUS no way! That is foolish talk!

SovKhan
21-08-03, 03:32
you are just talking about one battle right? i think it would be halrious to see dark,gang,nda,sxr ect. all go no ppu just to have a new clan come out and woop them all cus they dont like ppu's.

i know it wouldnt happen but it would be funny =p

Heavyporker
21-08-03, 03:43
ah yeah... that's right shacer... did you think about that? I mean, how the hell can there be an OP battle if no one clan can take it?

if it would just be a free for all, why bother with an OP...

if it HAS to be an OP... you will have to designate one, arrange it all, etc etc...