PDA

View Full Version : Rofl, ideas that never made it but are funny to read about nowadays

bibliotequa
20-08-03, 22:07
Well i was reading this thread http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=47276 (not sure hwo i got there now, i was following some links and BAM) and i couldnt help but crack up so let me point out some of the funnier ones ;)

There will be emergency buttons all over the peaceful areas (probably ViaRosso and Plaza) to call for the CopBots.

Haha i wish, but you know, there is no need for this since theyre copbot watched zones and we are lucky to take out implanting tools in them (you can poke out an eye with those, look at some psis out there :p)

You might also be able to make your SoulLight a little brighter by donating money to charity.

Har har, i wish, i wonder why that feature wasnt implemented :rolleyes: imagine, all teh uber pkers would have to do is lvl in caves every once in a while to make a few hundred k and give it to the ncpd or some bs like that and wham, from -100 to 10 sl again ^_^ :rolleyes:

Will player killing (PK) be allowed in the game? Yes, this is a important part of the game.

Haha, not anymore :p

Yes, there will be at least two ways of camouflage: one created with a Psi spell and one with an electronical device. The camouflage will be completly clocked, with little "failures". More "irritations" than failures maybe. You know the Matrix effect?

well, no i dont know the matrix effect, but this may explain the part about the cloak spell in the gfx pak that duder found (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=72602&perpage=15&pagenumber=1) omg I want that cloak spell now >.< :p

No, weapons, armour and other items won't wear out.

I wish, why was this never implemented, i hate the fact that my hl is around 53/99 by now, its been very loyal to me, and i'd hate to part with my baby :(

All classes start out with swimming as a sub skill.

ROFL i couldnt stop laughing when i red this, it would be the type of thing where milk would come out of my nose if i were drinking any... But really, why not? Know how cool it would be to take fights into the water? Imagine the possibilities, muahaha swim faster than you run :p or drown... and how about giving us boats?

Yes, you will be able to remote control other players for a short period of time if you have the required Psi skills.

LOL, i wish *uses holy i control you now* */set kill_self 1* or *aims malediction at toes* *fires* now i wonder why this was never implemented:rolleyes: or could you imagine your enemy clan's best fighters being used against their own teams in op fights?

Will there be a limit as to the number of undead a single Psi Monk can create/control at one time, and if so, will greater experience allow you to create/control more?

Lol, undead, riiiight, i wish, look what teh monkehs got stuck with, soul clusters with the iq of celery...

There will be cash and plastic money. When you want to put cash (which you may find during your adventure) on your bank account, you need to go to a bank and do so. If you don’t put your money on a bank account but carry it around with you, then you will lose it when you die.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha I so wish we had banks and credit cards, and that you could loot bodies for their money (we would have to leave credit cards at home i guess, unlike the commercials say)

Yes, Reakktor Media will then track your progress through the game. If you have a satisfactory SoulLight then you will become a deputy. After a few months you will then be promoted to a CopBot.

I could of sworn i read this interview somewhere, cause when i first heard of nc and started reading about it on game sites, i heard of this feature, and i couldnt wait to play and work for the gov.t so i could become a cop. But nowadays just think about it "Har har New Dawn is too 1337 for my newbish clan, let me quit it, become a cop bot, and fight them with copbot powers ^_^" like theyll ever allow that, the closet we will ever get to becoming cops will be becoming security guards for the ca, and that would mean using pistols as tanks, and seeing about as much action as Tom Ellis (http://www.theonion.com/onion3931/rise_in_teen_sexual.html) hehe, and thats if we are lucky :p

teleportation by using Psi spells is one way.

I WISH!!!!!!!! imagine, op fight at jeriko? np *teleports* no synapse, which means i dont need drugs to pop in my pa, just use a psi booster 3 to recuperate my pool and go fight.

/Edit: The link to the original post was put by Nexxy (least i think it was nexxy) on the 4th page of duder's post about unused graphics, so now i praise Nexxy

Arcadius
20-08-03, 22:10
Goddamnit, PSIS would be soooooooo cool and not so one-dimensional if they could do the stuff said there.

bibliotequa
20-08-03, 22:12
Tell me about it, lol, the game as a whole would be so much cooler, just read the original post for all the other ideas, i just pointed out the funnier ones, but they are actually pretty awesome ideas, just for some reason or another they never got implemented :(

Nexxy
20-08-03, 22:12
I POSTED THE LINK PRAISE MEH!!!

erm i wanna controll over people O.O

\\Fényx//
20-08-03, 22:16
BAN BIB HES TURNING INTO SIGMA HEX !!!!111111111111oneoneonetwothreewhothefuckcares

bibliotequa
20-08-03, 22:17
I so am not, i was just pointing out the funnier parts of his thread, well, the funnier parts of an old interview really i guess *shrugs*

LTA
20-08-03, 22:23
Company Employement and Promotion would've a nice thing.

Start as a r00kie ca and work your way to be a STORM BOt or Reza's pa or something :p

Work in crahn up to Chief Inquisitors...

BAH :(

Omnituens
20-08-03, 22:26
Yes, there will be at least two ways of camouflage: one created with a Psi spell and one with an electronical device. The camouflage will be completly clocked, with little "failures". More "irritations" than failures maybe. You know the Matrix effect?

maybe they ment the optical affects from Predetor or MGS

but i dont think the graphics engines can support that.

damn, would be better then the crap cloud effect.

bibliotequa
20-08-03, 22:33
The problem with the cloud effect is that after a few steps away it becomes totally invisible, test it by yourself with /set externaldist x , so you only see a cloaker if you run into them by coincidence ( i think it works if you do the extrnaldist thing, if not, call a friend who can cloak ;)

Duder
20-08-03, 22:36
No, weapons, armour and other items won't wear out.

HAHAHAHAHAHA !!!

I remembered when they changed that, 2 weeks of flames, everyone were pissed at the change except one guy.

....oh, why did KK add item condition loss, rares, specialization and the "2 billion mission for 1 Soul light point", even though you do the very hard missions......for Fun, or just milking us a bit more..?

oh.....camping one spot for a uber rare?

MC5.

Weeee

Hey KK, my Neocrack seems to be diluted !!!11!!1

Oh Another one...

Yes, you can have your own shop, but there is no "merchant" class or official occupation per se, because it isn't necessary.

Ren
20-08-03, 22:48
way back in beta 2... they said weapons would damage and they did... alla "system shock"

bunch of n00bs!
kos!

Duder
20-08-03, 22:49
Originally posted by Ren
way back in beta 2... they said weapons would damage and they did... alla "system shock"

bunch of n00bs!
kos!
But you could repair it back to full 10 in Sysshock.....

n00blet!

Ren
20-08-03, 22:50
but its not the same game..... they said "like" system shock not "we are going to copy its every function"

try again....

edit: although i missed that word out my first post :P

Duder
20-08-03, 22:50
Originally posted by Ren
but its not the same game..... they said "like" system shock not "we are going to copy its every function"

try again....

But you said damage like Systemshock.....

Because what i just typed is how Sysshock worked...

...changed your mind?

Ren
20-08-03, 22:52
no actually, i edited my post... slow down.........

its not real time chat.. if u want that goto #neocron where i can kick u :P

Futureman
20-08-03, 23:08
Yeah i remember at the end of B4 you could use a weapon for an hour at the most when they first implemented damage. Everyone was supremely pissed.

cracky
20-08-03, 23:31
The other things I remember are them saying that you will be kicked out to oz when you get low sl. Also they used to say low sl was a way of life not a punishment.

bibliotequa
20-08-03, 23:36
yeah, i remember that, cracky, and you dont really have to go to the oz, you can stay in your apt, weather its a copbot wached zone or not. hehe

Carinth
21-08-03, 00:00
I remember my LE chip breaking after i killed my first few spiders in the sewer. Those spiders pack a punch : (

Futureman
21-08-03, 00:12
sorry, but the coolest was. The phosphormodded street model rifle

Sure it was overpowered, but it sure made PvP fun for everyone

Scikar
21-08-03, 00:23
Originally posted by cracky
The other things I remember are them saying that you will be kicked out to oz when you get low sl. Also they used to say low sl was a way of life not a punishment.

Then the whining started. :rolleyes: