PDA

View Full Version : Toxic Dipped Blades

KimmyG
20-08-03, 18:33
Why not give the option to mod a claw with poisin and actually make melee useful.

redjacket
20-08-03, 18:36
Originally posted by KimmyG
Why not give the option to mod a claw with poisin and actually make melee useful. been said... numerious times... as well as other bad ass mods for weapons... sadly... laughed at and tossed aside by the cruel devs... as they dance like in RIVERDANCE!

=Chojin=
20-08-03, 18:36
dude uve still gotta get within range 2 attack,so maybey not useful but yeah sound's like a fun weapon :D

Ch0

KimmyG
20-08-03, 18:37
Originally posted by =Chojin=
dude uve still gotta get within range 2 attack,so maybey not useful but yeah sound's like a fun weapon :D

Ch0

Yea but if yea give them a mean poisin bite or a foul dose of radiation sickness it could be worth while.

\\Fényx//
20-08-03, 18:37
hmm...

Wasnt it you that attempted to flame me and shoot me down when I posted about melee ideas? hmm?

O_o!

KimmyG
20-08-03, 18:39
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
hmm...

Wasnt it you that attempted to flame me and shoot me down when I posted about melee ideas? hmm?

O_o!

Maybe not because so much it was a bad idea but more of the fact that I am an @sshole O_o . I doubt it though cause I have alwasys been in support of adding shit to melee.

=Chojin=
20-08-03, 18:40
yeha aslong as the poisn/rad dmg is uber otherwise theres no point:rolleyes:

Ch0

Pwnage
20-08-03, 19:58
You can't have radioactive claws and swords...

The poison thing I like very much tho. It would be very cool to have a poisonous paw of bear... and every swing adds a poison stack.

OH MY!

It'd make it worh it to put points into melee.

ezza
20-08-03, 20:12
yes these sort of ideas have been thrown into brainport hundreds of times(might be a slight egzaderation-note my l33t spelling:p ) but the seem not to give a flying shit about this.

ok were now going to get melee PA which is cool, but will not make melee any more dangerous, just make it easier to cap the damage/rof etc.

but some poison mods for the swords/claws would be cool.

oh and dont give my that shit about not being able to have xray mods on melee, other wise you can say you cant fire energy from your hando_O

so give melee the break it deserves, its never had a nerf, cos its always been the heavy tanks shitty little brother who got left out in the cold to die:( <---drumming up sympathy for the melee user:D

maybe one day we will get this stuff, but for the now, im looking forward to looking like kermit the from or barney, depending on who quickly i can level my new melee tank.

Ceres Blademaster(53/64)R.I.P. he died because melee got no loving, please spare a though for my new melee dude, dont let him die a cold and lonely death in some dank dark cold corner of the outzone

Heavyporker
20-08-03, 20:13
I agree... I mean, shit, in the "old days" everyone loved using poison-tipped swords and rapiers and daggers and even needles on rings... shit... poison was so fun back then... slow and deadly... it was guaranteed to work on people with 0 POR, not like now, curse those whiners.

I say put up a poison mod for edged weapons.

A xray mod can be put up for laserblades, I suppose, something about channeling isotopes from the evironment into the laser channel.

edit -

forgot - baseball bats SHOULD get a mild shock effect, dammit.

and, yeah, one COULD put a sheath of radioactive stuff on edged weapons, but it would erode rather rapidly (translates into conditon loss), since for it to be effective, the radioactive stuff has to flake off INTO the target at impact, so that it can decay inside the target to cause additional damage.

SovKhan
20-08-03, 20:33
since the melee's are getting powerarmor why not make the blade give off slight xray dmg to the user, unless you are wearing the armor. ( could possible be a DOY type mod because DOY seems heavy on xray weapons) that would also give a point to the melee powerarmor.

the dmg and the lack of mods for melee weapons was the only reason im not a melee tank right now.