PDA

View Full Version : Nerf The Stuntraps!

Duder
20-08-03, 16:47
N3rf T3h Stuntraps!!11!!!1!!oneoneone

Well, someone would soon enough say it.

Unless you like getting freezed, and unable to move, even though you take drugs, only to be freezed by the stuntrap again in 0.9 seconds, then youll agree that Stuntraps are "a bit" too strong. When i mean "a bit" i mean "alot".

Although some enjoy stuntraps (especially those who shit 5 stuntraps during op wars, infront of their enemies, or behind), imo, they suck ass.

AND NO, you cant' escape from then by using drugs or anti-freeze spells, as you get another stun in a millisecond.

So there.

Pitspawn
20-08-03, 17:00
lol i posted about this in the past and the only reply i got from you was...

KEKEMAO !!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Whatever that means, i guess it was an insult for me bitching about turrets.

Back on topic, yes stuntraps are overpowered. Stuntraps have 2 problems with them atm...

1) They both freeze and push simultaneously which is overpowered. It should only be able to do one of them. And pushing can be used to exploit (put turret next to ladder you will not be able to climb up without destroying it)
2) The stun effect on the turrets is as great as holy paralysis and it quite literally spams the shock at 300/min rof. Even spamming holy antiparalysis @70/min with catharsis sanctum running leaves you shocked like a whore.

2ply
20-08-03, 18:34
OMG NERF EVERYTHING EVERYTHING IS OVER POWERED. SPIES ARE OVER POWERED NERF THEM FIRST!!!!1112

Eh... Anywho...

Yeah, stuntraps are kinda overpowered. Annoying as a bitch too.

Q`alooaith
20-08-03, 18:39
Totaly overpowered...

It took quite a time for me to Bypass the single stun trap at blackhill at wast it and the gat MK3, with only a couple more turrets that setup would have made getting in mean spamming Barrels or multi bolts into the area..

They realy need to get rid of the pushback, thats the only thing that makes them too much..

RuButt
20-08-03, 18:44
i just think that they make op wars, alot more interesting.

otherwise its just to stealth in - run by the stuns - get in their bcak....DONT TOUCH THE FUCKING STUNS!!!

KimmyG
20-08-03, 18:46
Why not blow them get an area affect weapon there only made out of papper they got down in like 3 hits.

Q`alooaith
20-08-03, 18:49
with a good setup you got stuntraps where you don't see them, and gat MK3's so they shoot anyone that get's stunned..

If they lost the pushback, they'd still be viable, but not able to be exploited as much.....

Maybe a drop in the AoE of them, so they can only get half range, so they don't change, they just need twice as many to have the same effect..

Originally posted by KimmyG
I have never meet a setup my tank couldn't bust through. There is always a way.

you might bust though, but I'm talking about stuntraps placed on the other sides of walls and shit like that.. reduced AoE would mean they'd need to be closer...

I like setting up a good defence as much as the next bunker hunker, but when it's too easy theres no point...

KimmyG
20-08-03, 18:50
Originally posted by Q`alooaith
with a good setup you got stuntraps where you don't see them, and gat MK3's so they shoot anyone that get's stunned..

RuButt
20-08-03, 18:52
Originally posted by KimmyG

yeah!

the stuns are perfect - at least makes u think, there is always some way....

Xin
20-08-03, 18:54
Originally posted by Duder
N3rf T3h Stuntraps!!11!!!1!!oneoneone
....especially those who shit 5 stuntraps during op wars, infront of their enemies, or behind...

Hmm.. Can we move this to brainport with the idea "ass implants"?

We could shit stuntraps, grenades, flashlights, wee crawlers, etc.

I can hear it now:

Scared TT n00b: "Oh crap, there's Eraserhead! He's got the rare experimental Biotech poison wargas assenforcement, run!"

Me: "pH33r m3h a$$ $\/\/0oR1y" <phssssssssshhhh>

Ste-X
20-08-03, 18:56
just dont walk into them

and duder whats that gun stig from what movie/prog

\\Fényx//
20-08-03, 19:02
[Edited because the boss said so..]

ok boss....

Pitspawn
20-08-03, 19:07
Fényx drop the clan bashing. We all know what will happen to this thread if people take that route.

To all the people saying just blow the stuntraps up...Yeah easier said than done. The time it takes a single runner to take one stuntrap out during combat is too long. They're normally dead before they can even get it to half health. People often hide the stuntraps in crates and stuff so you cant directly target them. Which only really escalates the problem.

XenivouS
20-08-03, 19:26
I think the stun traps are a bit much with the shock and the push however like others said use an AoE weapon and destroy it. It adds alot of strategy and makes ninja hacking a tad bit more difficult.

Drake6k
20-08-03, 19:29
The wall effect of stuntraps is awesome... but its to powerful when they get freezed too. There should be two turrets imo.

Oath
20-08-03, 19:31
I agree nerf em, but not too much....perhaps more of a time delay between shocks.

Whatever,

Oath.

Duder
20-08-03, 19:54
Whats Fenix on about?

Anyways, tactical my ass, anyone can spam stuntraps, as they dont need to do anything except run to a group, shit a stuntrap, run away, go to a gogu, shit another 2 stuntraps, then a few gats, OH IM SUCH A TACTICAL PERSON, HAWR HAWR.

If the Stuntraps were like Mines, (Step on the stuntrap, you get stunned, duh) i wouldnt mind, but in its current state, BLEH.

msdong
20-08-03, 20:37
stun turrets are NOT overpowerd. you can just drive by in a VHC get out and kill them from a save place inside the opp.
in case there is no VHC entrance u can just use drones and AE weapons.

Scikar
20-08-03, 20:53
The pushback is necessary imo. The main thing that irritates me about OPs is that there is no actual way to stop the enemy from running straight in. You put all the gats you can covering the entrance but then the attackers just run past them with ppu shields and a heal and find some cover to hide behind. The push back on stun traps stops this. If the push back is removed then there should be doors on OPs.

Since someone will bring it up at some point, yes it is possible for stun traps to be placed at the bottom of a ladder in the underground of an OP so that anyone coming down is pushed against a wall and can't get out. There's a simple solution - don't go underground in an OP you don't own. The bug with turrets changing ownership needs to be fixed, and then it won't be a problem. Also I am aware that a stealther can place a turret in such a position to trap an enemy against a wall. Again this isn't a fault with the turret, it's a problem with the immediate placement system. As soon as KK introduces a time for turrets to activate and possible makes it impossible to place a turret while stealthed this problem will be eliminated.

Spy<VS>Spy
20-08-03, 21:13
Originally posted by msdong
stun turrets are NOT overpowerd. you can just drive by in a VHC get out and kill them from a save place inside the opp.
in case there is no VHC entrance u can just use drones and AE weapons.

your pretty goofy you know that, right? number one...the apc is broke, it doesnt zone correctly. if fact, as i have continued to test it the APC causes zoning problems with anyone. lately legion has been avoiding loading the APC with more then 6 people, thus we split into 2 APC's now, but if both APCS zone at once, blamo everthing zoning with us seems to fatal error like there is no tomorow.

no the second bit, do you know how many bases you can actually GET a vehicle of size into? now when KK gets off their ass and gives us the combat speed bike or hovertech, then it might be possible to whiz around and take care of those stuns in plain view (like what moron would do that, put them in boxes, behind walls, places impossible to even find and very well known illigal but the devs havnt fixed it and the GM's are tired of enforcing it) at any rate there are VERY few OP's you can actually drive a vehicle into, belive me...if there is place you can fit a tank or APC...i've been there.

it would be nice if i could just blow a hole in the side of the OP and drive on in, but that isnt happening.

stuns are stupid because one, they freeze damn good. two they are piss easy to make, three they shove you around and there is NO way any class can push through them. i have a capped tank with atheltics up the ass and i look like a fucking mime humping an invisible wall...

these things force you to blow them up...hey if i'm a dumb ass newb and i go into the underground to maybe use a terminal or just see wats down there, i get shoved away from the later and there is no way i can get out...unless the clan was nice enough to put a gatlin there to rip my ass up.

now i have two options, write up a request that my charactor is stuck...the gm's just love that...

or blow up the turret, if it can even be targeted...have the clan jump in right beside me, un impaired as if by magic. and hammer me because they are ass holes and that one person, most likely a dumb slut tank is trying to hack their base.

so ya...pushy things...bad. if i want invsible wall's i'll go to regents legacy and enjoy them.

Fawkes
20-08-03, 21:41
I think Stuntraps should be changed so they only prevent you from getting near them (and by that, preventing you from entering the OP until you destroy them, for example). This way, the trpas could be used as hidden doors to block the attackers.

I hope no one has said that already, I didn't read all the posts ^^

Mantus
20-08-03, 21:55
The only problem with the traps and any other turret is that they are set up way to quickly. Or "shitted out" as some like to say :D

Original monk
20-08-03, 22:03
i suggest let the stuntraps be yust like they are cause it reminds me of the nerf on paralysis they wonna do LoL

Arcadius
20-08-03, 22:05
Originally posted by Pitspawn
i guess it was an insult

wow, you have issues man. And I'm not saying this as a flame, but you need to stop taking some statements so personal or as an attack.

Btw, I don't think stuns are SUPER CRAZY overpowered. My only gripe with them is

1.You can drop them in combat. :rolleyes:

2.Their are some places you can put them where it makes it impossible to pass. I've never been able to pass soem setups, but then again I don't have AOE like a tank. I have shitty "barrels".

Vince Kyzar
20-08-03, 22:11
the main flaw of strun traps is that they are easy to abuse.

in ... i think its emmerson for example, you can easily block access to the op. you step over the ramps, get caught by the trap, slide down the ramp ... d'uh, you wont get out again, unless a tank destroys the stuntrap with area weapons.

aditionally, dropping turrets should like take 15-30 seconds depending on techlvl or so, so you cannot run around and build them up.

as a conclusion:
nref teh stuntraps !11111

Pitspawn
20-08-03, 23:02
@Arcadius:

wow, you have issues man. And I'm not saying this as a flame, but you need to stop taking some statements so personal or as an attack.

How am i meant to take something when someone replies to an idea of mine with some weird japanese word followed by 3 LOL smilies. Duder still hasnt elaborated into exactly what it means. Funnily enough your response to the same thread wasnt much better with a inspirational reply of...

:lol:

You expect me not to take offence when someone replies to my carefully thought through idea with jibberish?

hivemind
20-08-03, 23:35
People often hide the stuntraps in crates and stuff so you cant directly target them. Which only really escalates the problem.
Call a GM when this happens. I've witnessed GMs destroying turrets placed like that. I know it doesn't help during a fight, but it's what we got.

Eddie
21-08-03, 01:27
Stun traps should prevent you from accessing a certain place - such as into the OP - or into a nice safe place behind a bit of wall - instead of freezing you - and making you crawl out. IMO.

And if I mean.. if you got stunned - then move back damn it.

You're never gonna "push" yourself through a stuntrap as the situation is now. So don't bother. And move out the way. Or destroy it.

Eddie