PDA

View Full Version : Gr changes inspired by hivemind.

ghandisfury
20-08-03, 16:18
I've been thinking alot about the GR changes......mostly how they should change. At the moment, there is realy no reward for owning OPs other than the fact you can make a runner of a different faction not be able to GR there...basicaly be a pain in the ass for other factions. Oh, and the measly 1000nc for everyone who GRs there. As hivemind said in his recent post, it creates a HUGE time sinc for everybody. The present GR changes don't stop clans from hacking OPs....it only slows them down so an OP fight takes countless hours to enjoy. I think that the following changes would not only make it better for the non-clanned/small-clanned runners, it would give a great reward to the People who own the OP.

#1 Give the owning clan a choice of pricing. Up to 20000 nc for faction hostile, up to 10000 nc for faction neutral, up to 4000 nc for faction allied, and free for all clan members.
#2 Give the owning clan a notice for all hostile/nuetral runners who GR to your OP. "Runner ghandisfury SXR Kappa class has GRed to Simmons"
#3 Give the owning clan the choice of GRing to UG or to the actual GR.

evs
20-08-03, 16:25
you should only be able to block faction enemies from using the GR
faction neutrals and allies should be allowed no matter what.

will also make some factions viable again.

\\Fényx//
20-08-03, 16:27
Originally posted by evs
you should only be able to block faction enemies from using the GR
faction neutrals and allies should be allowed no matter what.

will also make some factions viable again.

nomatter what?

so for example, NDA on pluto... at war with PIMP and DR, allied/neutral faction yet were at war, you seriously think were gonna leave the front door to each of our OP's open for you?

ericdraven
20-08-03, 16:29
Where is the timesink? How long does it take WITHOUT vehicle to cross a zone? One minute? How many zones do you have to run max? 5? So five minutes of running.

OK - you teleport. Get 18% SI. Needs almost 2 minutes to wear off. So.. you lose three minutes to run to your levelspot.. then you hunt.. two hours? three hours? So you lose maybe 3% of the time you are hunting.. and that's a big deal?

Not talking about vehicles.. when you use them you probably lose nothing at all.

ghandisfury
20-08-03, 16:33
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
nomatter what?

so for example, NDA on pluto... at war with PIMP and DR, allied/neutral faction yet were at war, you seriously think were gonna leave the front door to each of our OP's open for you?

You already do.....you just don't get anything for it. Anybody can run right up to your OP, hack it, and have you be the attacker before you even get there. Don't add more GRs because that negates the whole OP owning GRs crap. I think there should be a bonus for owning that GR. ATM there is not.

\\Fényx//
20-08-03, 16:36
Originally posted by ghandisfury
You already do.....you just don't get anything for it. Anybody can run right up to your OP, hack it, and have you be the attacker before you even get there. Don't add more GRs because that negates the whole OP owning GRs crap. I think there should be a bonus for owning that GR. ATM there is not.

Yea i know that, Im saying that with the GR's open they can just warp right into the zone to group up for an attack beforehand, the way it is now they have to find somewhere to group up then run/drive there...

hivemind
20-08-03, 16:40
Where is the timesink? How long does it take WITHOUT vehicle to cross a zone? One minute? How many zones do you have to run max? 5? So five minutes of running.
OK - you teleport. Get 18% SI. Needs almost 2 minutes to wear off. So.. you lose three minutes to run to your levelspot.. then you hunt.. two hours? three hours? So you lose maybe 3% of the time you are hunting.. and that's a big deal?

Don't forget you had to wait for synaptic when you GRd to the spot you could start running from. And no, it's not that big a deal, but for me it's like the straw that's breaking the camel's back. Just another boring timesink. Five minutes here and ten minutes there easily adds up to two hours in a good night of playing.

Not talking about vehicles.. when you use them you probably lose nothing at all.
Unless you lag or crach or synch and lose your vehicle, then you're out 30 minutes waiting for your vehicle to respawn. Or if you run across someone who doesn't like you, then you lose your vehicle permanently.

ghandisfury
20-08-03, 16:45
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
Yea i know that, Im saying that with the GR's open they can just warp right into the zone to group up for an attack beforehand, the way it is now they have to find somewhere to group up then run/drive there...

That's why I think you should get a notice "{insert name here} has just used your GR"...if you get 20 of those from the same clan, you should suspect somehting is up.

Yalson
20-08-03, 16:46
Originally posted by hivemind

Unless you lag or crach or synch and lose your vehicle, then you're out 30 minutes waiting for your vehicle to respawn. Or if you run across someone who doesn't like you, then you lose your vehicle permanently.

if you lag out or crash you don't lose your vehicle now - you log back in standing right next to it...

ghandisfury
20-08-03, 16:50
Originally posted by Yalson
if you lag out or crash you don't lose your vehicle now - you log back in standing right next to it...

I think his point is that it takes you two hours to go fight something that will be insainly hard and gives you absolutely no reward, and you better not die because it's going to take another two hours to organize....Then when you kill 100 of these [insert insainly hard monster] in a 3 hour period and all of your armor is toast, guns are toast...and you walk away with 10 tech parts.....it get's pretty boring. Hope I didn't misquote you hive.

Archeus
20-08-03, 17:01
Apart from Canyon area there is nowhere on the map you can't get to in under 10 minutes on a hoverbike/Jeep, once you can GR to MB/TH/TG

Now when they lock down the City GR's thats when the whining will start. :D

Yalson
20-08-03, 17:11
errrmm ghandi where are you going that it takes 2 hours to get to?

edit: oops sorry i see what you mean

edit2 : errm actually i don't LOL

hivemind
20-08-03, 17:13
I still have to hunt for mine. I notice no change - my vehicle could still be in any of the 4 adjacent zones when I crash on a zone line.

And yeah Ghandis, that's about what I'm saying.

Archeus
20-08-03, 17:29
Originally posted by hivemind
I still have to hunt for mine. I notice no change - my vehicle could still be in any of the 4 adjacent zones when I crash on a zone line.

And yeah Ghandis, that's about what I'm saying.

Never happens to me now. If I zone into the wrong zone and the car is in the other the server automatically rezones me back into the car.

Only tips I can suggest is..
- Don't zone corners (worse with passengers)
- Don't talk when about to zone.

ghandisfury
20-08-03, 19:04
Originally posted by Yalson
errrmm ghandi where are you going that it takes 2 hours to get to?

edit: oops sorry I see what you mean

edit : err actually I don't LOL

My typical night hunting......(PPU MONK) Log in at 4:00 PM

Clan ghandisfury: OK, who is hunting Ybots?
*all clan chats for a bit without reply*
Clan ghandisfury: ANYBODY HUNTING WITH ME???
Clan *10 people* YES, would love to!!
Clan ghandisfury: OK, all who are coming meet me in plaza one!!
Clan *10 people*: OK, on our way!!!
*ten minutes later*
Clan ghandisfury: Everybody here who is coming?
Clan: NO, wait need repair and pokes......
*waits for another 10 minutes*
Clan ghandisfury: We ready???
Clan: Ya, let's do it!!
Clan ghandisfury:OK, all to [insert open OP here]
*waits another 10 minutes for all to get there, and SI to wear off*
Clan ghandisfury:OK, all run SE!!
*zones*
Clan ghandisfury:WAIT we are missing two......
Clan: Where did you guys go?
Clan: Sorry crashed, omw.
Clan ghandisfury:WE RAN SE.
Clan: KK, omw.
*waits another 10 minutes**zones another 10 times with same problems*
Clan ghandisfury:OK, finally found some Yreps.....
Clan ghandisfury:There is a commander on the hill. Pull him please mr. tank.
*tanks pulls Commander......*
Clan ghandisfury:FUCK, 10 more are behind him!!!
*everybody dies, I run**start rezzing*

So yes, it takes forever just getting to the point to where you want to hunt...then after killing 50Yrep commanders, and another 50 seargents/troopers, and you walk away with 9 rares after three hours of hunting......yes it gets a bit boring....and monotonous, without reward. It would be much easier/better/more fun if GR changes were put back to the way they were.

Helen Angilley
20-08-03, 19:08
Originally posted by Archeus

Now when they lock down the City GR's thats when the whining will start. :D

I went fuckin' bonkers after hearing this.

Should, hopefully, see some end being put to the "TG tradeskillers use the city 'cos it's safe!" excuses.

Oye.

ericdraven
20-08-03, 19:12
Originally posted by ghandisfury
My typical night hunting......(PPU MONK) Log in at 4:00 PM

Clan ghandisfury: OK, who is hunting Ybots?
*all clan chats for a bit without reply*
Clan ghandisfury: ANYBODY HUNTING WITH ME???
Clan *10 people* YES, would love to!!
Clan ghandisfury: OK, all who are coming meet me in plaza one!!
Clan *10 people*: OK, on our way!!!
*ten minutes later*
Clan ghandisfury: Everybody here who is coming?
Clan: NO, wait need repair and pokes......
*waits for another 10 minutes*
Clan ghandisfury: We ready???
Clan: Ya, let's do it!!
Clan ghandisfury:OK, all to [insert open OP here]
*waits another 10 minutes for all to get there, and SI to wear off*
Clan ghandisfury:OK, all run SE!!
*zones*
Clan ghandisfury:WAIT we are missing two......
Clan: Where did you guys go?
Clan: Sorry crashed, omw.
Clan ghandisfury:WE RAN SE.
Clan: KK, omw.
*waits another 10 minutes**zones another 10 times with same problems*
Clan ghandisfury:OK, finally found some Yreps.....
Clan ghandisfury:There is a commander on the hill. Pull him please mr. tank.
*tanks pulls Commander......*
Clan ghandisfury:FUCK, 10 more are behind him!!!
*everybody dies, I run**start rezzing*

So yes, it takes forever just getting to the point to where you want to hunt...then after killing 50Yrep commanders, and another 50 seargents/troopers, and you walk away with 9 rares after three hours of hunting......yes it gets a bit boring....and monotonous, without reward. It would be much easier/better/more fun if GR changes were put back to the way they were.

So what's the difference to before? You still had to wait until they stop chatting, until they repaired their stuff, got poked.. and got ready.. and still you had to hunt three hours and still you got only 9 rares and still... it was monotonous and without reward. ;)

LTA
20-08-03, 19:30
Ops need programmable lists, each player/clan key should have a id code of some form, (Eg Clan A (id 32143) and the runners just use names because they cant change it, then in your op options you have

Turrets : Attack Faction etc
then Attack Listed Targets.

Under the listed targets you add the enemies id (ids because of clan name changers).

Then you also do the same for gr's and whilst blocking specific unwated runners other runners can still hunt in the wastes, as for fairness to those blocked on the list well it's kinda "War Sucks" thing dont like dont start the fights :p