PDA

View Full Version : Someone said using a copbot rifle is exploiting... Is it? And if so why?

Mingerroo
20-08-03, 16:07
So my friend was gonna get hold of a copbot plasma rifle solely for ornamental purposes because somebody told him its an exploit to use it.... Can I get a GM view on this please :)

Mankind
20-08-03, 16:26
noo it's not a copbot rifle it's a COPOT rifle, because someone doesn't know how to spell :)

Anyways, I don't think anyone has ammo for it anymore, unless it's given to someone by a GM. But I don't think it's exploiting to use a copbot's rifle; otherwise people wouldn't have been using it before so openly and with GM acknowledgement.

Scikar
20-08-03, 16:30
The ammo for it is still clonable. And the guns still work, though they cannot be BPd now, and I've heard but not tested that they can't be repaired. However I am no longer in possession of one, just to be on the safe side. :)

Someone told me they were banned for 3 weeks for using one on Saturn, however I have never heard of anything similar on Pluto, which is where they were most common. So I'm assuming the rifles on Saturn should never have been given out, and the rifles in Pluto started from a legit reward but KK didn't know they could be BPd.

hinch
20-08-03, 16:31
my monk has one on jupiter :)

its shit and lags the pc down to all hell when fired

ericdraven
20-08-03, 16:32
Originally posted by hinch
my monk has one on jupiter :)

You can use it with your monk? :p

hinch
20-08-03, 16:34
Originally posted by ericdraven
You can use it with your monk? :p

naah its in my for "old times sake cab" along with a mining tool a filter heart 2 :) and a few other bits and bobs

Scikar
20-08-03, 16:34
its shit and lags the pc down to all hell when fired

Yeah the lag is extremely annoying. It's another reason why MC5 is so hard - as soon as you get shot once your comp freezes so you get another load of plasma.

Tycho C
20-08-03, 16:43
I love my Copbot riffle. I get bored and go to PP and shoot people and watch them run for the safe zone :lol:

Before they nerfed them, my 4 slotter was shaping up VERY nicely as a good wep. Now.... eh. Not completely suck, but not worth it.

Phiberdelic
20-08-03, 17:06
The Copbot rifle was kewl ...looking and that was about it. Does less damage than an EPR and 1 round of ammo weighed like 1.8...which doesn't give you much ammo to run around with. About exploiting, I dunno it could go either way...all you have to do is get a fix on the object, which means you could get around mountains and buildings (back when alt-n worked), so exploit=yes, pointless exploit cuz damage sux=yes.

I always thought it was funny that sprite was always askin me to clone him some of that ammo, I'd think he'd be able to spawn ammo on demand, hell whenever he dm'd me he would be in that zone in an in-sta-second.

\\Fényx//
20-08-03, 17:40
Originally posted by Phiberdelic
The Copbot rifle was kewl ...looking and that was about it. Does less damage than an EPR and 1 round of ammo weighed like 1.8...which doesn't give you much ammo to run around with. About exploiting, I dunno it could go either way...all you have to do is get a fix on the object, which means you could get around mountains and buildings (back when alt-n worked), so exploit=yes, pointless exploit cuz damage sux=yes.

I always thought it was funny that sprite was always askin me to clone him some of that ammo, I'd think he'd be able to spawn ammo on demand, hell whenever he dm'd me he would be in that zone in an in-sta-second.

sprite = she ;) :p

Omnituens
20-08-03, 17:46
naah its in my for "old times sake cab" along with a mining tool a filter heart 2 :) and a few other bits and bobs

i have one of those cabs

correction 2.

contents:
16 ESBs
1 Judgemant day launcher
12 Flame queen avalanche spells
2 titan armours
2 viper kings armours
1 STORM Laser
set of bat queen imps.

wish i had a mining tool :mad:

hinch
20-08-03, 17:49
i got some medicant pistols, street rifle thingie that was in the origional offline demo, mining tool, fh2, psi mem 1 :), copot rifle, storm laser, cyber smart eye 1 and something else i just cant remember what it is.

its something that used to be common as hell but just isnt around anymore

\\Fényx//
20-08-03, 17:50
its something that used to be common as hell but just isnt around anymore

Dupes? :p

hinch
20-08-03, 17:51
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
Dupes? :p

/me hides the 200 5 slotted cs`s the smurfs made

Omnituens
20-08-03, 17:56
btw, my ESB arnt duped.

the only thing they have in common with each other is the fact that they are all SHIT

\\Fényx//
20-08-03, 18:28
Im being dumb O_o whats a ESB O_o

Q`alooaith
20-08-03, 18:35
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
Im being dumb O_o whats a ESB O_o

Energy Soulblade..

Archeus
20-08-03, 18:56
or Elite Storm Bot.

\\Fényx//
20-08-03, 18:57
ohhhhhhhhh O_o

LTA
20-08-03, 19:06
CopBot rifles should be a epic reward and be one of the highest of the rifle range see some spies shaping up psi like, might give em a extra chance of owning some tanks :p

Q`alooaith
20-08-03, 19:07
Originally posted by Archeus
or Elite Storm Bot.

Then how does he fit them in his cabs, take em appart and store them bit at a time? lol...

wait a minute, screwdriver.. monky wrench......

naa

Scikar
20-08-03, 21:12
Originally posted by Q`alooaith
Then how does he fit them in his cabs, take em appart and store them bit at a time? lol...

wait a minute, screwdriver.. monky wrench......

naa

Just chop them into bits like the one in the floor outside TG (you can't look at that and honestly say those legs could still be attached).

Berzerker
21-08-03, 00:06
Last thing I heard was, Copbot rifles were never intended to be availible to players. They were put in game by mistake.

Mingerroo
21-08-03, 00:11
Haha :lol: Now that explanation I really like :D

Spy<VS>Spy
21-08-03, 01:15
my good friend stephan bast logged onto my account, plucked my 5 slot larent modded copbot rifle and said they where all going to be taken from the game in 3 weeks and if i was caught with anouther one he would take that again.

i am under the understanding however that CB plasma rifles can still be used...

and i have copbot ammo up the ass, hidden away on a friends alternate accounts apartment.

its a good thing helpdesk is so helpful, they thought it was a scream to have me wait 2 weeks for a reply after the error was submitted so mr. bast can say haha i have your gun probably because i killed his account with it down in the sewers. :P

massic
21-08-03, 01:46
I had a copot plasma rifle, about a month ago, tried to fire it in my apartment. Everytime it fired it would holster itself, when the clip was empty it would not reload. I put it in my cab and it was reloaded I drew it again and fired and it holstered itself. So I'm guessing that they are being phased out but I haven't heard anything about it being an exploit to have, it would be nice if a GM would comment on this.

Q`alooaith
21-08-03, 03:28
Originally posted by Scikar
Just chop them into bits like the one in the floor outside TG (you can't look at that and honestly say those legs could still be attached).

no thats just two copbots, ones upto his wast and the other upto his wast but upside down.. they don't have spilt copbot models, so they used two the give the effect of one thats been snapped in two....

Varaem
21-08-03, 04:21
copbot rifles are good for shooting around corners like monks do, but they have 1 less burst per clip (only 1 less shot) than an EPR, do less damage, and ammo weighs a lot, and ammo cant be bought. sooo... they're only for fun. I have a 5 slot ultimated, 4 slots free... thinking about modding it eventually.. heh

IceStorm
21-08-03, 05:30
Just tested out one of my no-slot CopBot rifles on Pluto.

They can be repaired. I took my sample down to 116/120, then repaired it to 114/114 (only 55 repair skill)
Ammo weighs 1.3 units per 32 count clip. Clips were increased to 32 rounds, but existing 30 round clips were not adjusted in size.
The rifle itself now holds 16 rounds instead of 15, meaning four four-burst shots per reload
Ammo clones fine. New clones of the ammo yield 32 round clips.

Anyone find anything different on the other servers? :-)