PDA

View Full Version : Some thought on the Guns in Neocron.

Benjie
20-08-03, 15:21
Hello. A few thoughts.

A: The way KK deal with overpowering weapons
Quite often rather than compensating by, for example, making the grenade launcher have a lessened effect for PvM to stop mob exploit, or lowering the percing on a certain weapon and compensating with perhaps Xray, they tend to wipe the gun out of the picture completely by making it very bad for its requirements, leaving them usually as just an annoying leveling tool. This also has the side effect of leaving the weapon to clutter up the rares pool.

B: Oh surprise! A Tank with a Cursed Soul!
I dislike the fact that in Neocron, every runner runs around with the same weapons for PvP, and one alternative for certain mobs. Although I find there is no lack of choice, I belive that there is a big lack of variety. I belive KK need to make some of the more overlooked weapons a little more usefull just for the sake of variety if for nothing else.

C: Are some guns really just there for show?
I am sure you have deffinetly noticed by now how KK structure weapons. It is not in the Quake style of progression where the more you progress the better gun you have. And it is not in the Halo style of convenience. To be honest, I have no idea how to describe the structure of weaponry in Neocron. It dousn't actually make any sence. Perhaps it that although some guns are not great, that dousn't stop them from being bloody hard to use? And if so why? This is an mmo.

enablerbr
20-08-03, 15:34
funny you should talk about tanks and CS. i've only seen 1 tank in retail who used the doom beamer for PvP. every other tank i've seen in NC uses CS for PvP. guess the doom beamer is too much of a points drain for tanks.

Benjie
20-08-03, 17:48
I think it's sad. All KK need do is think about a few things...
IE Grenades... PE's can use grenades, so perhaps give grenades a boost. Perhaps allow them to stack in the QB and Listen to bp ideas. Grenades are also good for noobie Tanks.
Rocket Pistols/Launchers. What if weapon stats determined it's steadyness? That would make this weapon worthwile and a good marketable weapon for the spy.
Give all the really hard to use but crap weapons a boost, and make them at least as good as the "popular" ones.
Anyway it's not my job to come up with ideas, it's my job to critisize. >: )