PDA

View Full Version : ''neutral'' GR's - The problems I see

\\Fényx//
20-08-03, 15:07
OK,

Just dawned on my why it wont be such a spanky great Idea to put GR's in zones other than OP zones, one thing that happens alot in most places is you come across GR campers, now if they start dropping GR's in random anarchy zones then theyr gonna get a new brred of GR campers, this could be stopped at places like MB as there were guards there, however I see this as becoming a rampant problem if they do dump out the neutral GR's

One thing that happens after a GR gank is that the victim gets extremely pissed off, he might get so pissed off after a while of it continuously happening, getting pokes etc that he may just start to think about a new game. also while this is happening, he is actually dropping a belt each time 8|

So I think that the extra GR's wernt put in at the same time as the locked OP gr's to kinda stop this happening...

Smugly
20-08-03, 15:18
I don't agree. There's always been GR camping and always will be. The only thing cutting down the number of campable spots did was make it more obvious where to be if you wanted to kill someone inparticular.

Berzerker
20-08-03, 15:20
You got a good point there mate. Although I have not seen any one camping the nutral GR's that we have so far though. Or at least I have not come across it. Still a valid point though.

Eddie
20-08-03, 15:22
No.. the thing is they drop stuff in their belts.

GR Camping was a massive problem when you dropped one thing out of your 10 QB slots.. before the quickbelt system was introduced.

Now.. with even MORE "public" GRs.. then they might return.

Eddie

\\Fényx//
20-08-03, 15:27
Originally posted by Eddie
No.. the thing is they drop stuff in their belts.

GR Camping was a massive problem when you dropped one thing out of your 10 QB slots.. before the quickbelt system was introduced.

Now.. with even MORE "public" GRs.. then they might return.

Eddie

thats what I meant....

Birkoff
20-08-03, 15:33
Its a good point, but even back then there were neve people camping GRs that much (I did only start day after retail in UK so i dont know about b4 that)

I hunted all over the waste and had more chance of getting randomly ganked in PP b4 quickbelts than at a GR.

\\Fényx//
20-08-03, 15:55
Originally posted by Birkoff
Its a good point, but even back then there were neve people camping GRs that much (I did only start day after retail in UK so i dont know about b4 that)

I hunted all over the waste and had more chance of getting randomly ganked in PP b4 quickbelts than at a GR.

well GR camping was pretty rampant before belts, as the guy was at synapse and couldnt draw a weapon, when you kill him his gun or something from his quickbelt dropped onto the floor instead of a belt with a random item in it.

Smugly
20-08-03, 15:58
hmm, I admit I wasn't thinking about belts. I think I'm begining to see the problem now.

Vampire222
20-08-03, 16:00
theres one thing that should happen at the VERY least, crp open for all, its an important levelspot

Cryton
20-08-03, 16:02
The problem with neutral GRs is that the idea with locked GRs goes out the window. But I can't see why unclanned and LE users shouldn't be able to GR anywhere they want.

The solution to the problem should be good hunting grounds in each cities sphere of influence. That is how I see it.

Neutral GRs is a misconception imho.

/Cryton

\\Fényx//
20-08-03, 16:05
Originally posted by Cryton
The problem with neutral GRs is that the idea with locked GRs goes out the window. But I can't see why unclanned and LE users shouldn't be able to GR anywhere they want.

The solution to the problem should be good hunting grounds in each cities sphere of influence. That is how I see it.

Neutral GRs is a misconception imho.

/Cryton

thats true, the only things areound NC to level at is PR and muties at jeriko, no actual caves...Maybe something with like 70/70-100/100 mutants in it (A USE FOR REGANTS!) that has pretty easy access to just as a new area to level at... y'know? O_o

Scikar
20-08-03, 16:08
Originally posted by Vampire222
theres one thing that should happen at the VERY least, crp open for all, its an important levelspot

No it's only an important level spot for people who are too lazy to find somewhere else. If people can start coming through crp again then expect them to get PKd a lot more. My favourite part of the GR changes is that finally there aren't hordes of city faction runners hanging around one zone away from TG.

Berzerker
20-08-03, 16:13
Some peaple seem to have an unatrual atraction to those caves.

Tunnel vision I guess.

Woo I made a Pun.

greendonkeyuk
20-08-03, 16:24
well...... err.... gr campers.... err sl loss? err no citycoms to do missions at...... kind of dampens the possibility of gr camping doesnt it? am i missing something?

If most of the map is locked down then the gr campers are gonna have a tough time getting to do the missions to get sl back up.

\\Fényx//
20-08-03, 16:25
Originally posted by greendonkeyuk
well...... err.... gr campers.... err sl loss? err no citycoms to do missions at...... kind of dampens the possibility of gr camping doesnt it? am i missing something?

If most of the map is locked down then the gr campers are gonna have a tough time getting to do the missions to get sl back up.

Uhh Jeriko... Citycom in UG... Launchers outside, or if your FA, TG or CM you have your own city's that dont give a shit about SL so can do missions there easily.

Scikar
20-08-03, 16:27
Who said anything about GR campers had to kill faction allies?

Q`alooaith
20-08-03, 17:54
GR camping is not a bad thing..

think about it, if you know you can goto spot A without risk, you'll go that way, but if there's a little bit of risk, you'll get your team ready, and send a scout to look with nothing that will drop, then when it's safe get the rest to rep though..

anyway, more reps mean less travel, which is not good either, I just drove upto Tescom and had a great time soloing the Worm tunnels, and since the rep is closed I knew I was safer..

Selendor
20-08-03, 18:15
I haven't seen Generep campers at any of the present neutral genereps, won't expanding the number of locations just spread the risk of getting attacked further?

Sel

\\Fényx//
20-08-03, 18:19
Originally posted by Selendor
I haven't seen Generep campers at any of the present neutral genereps, won't expanding the number of locations just spread the risk of getting attacked further?

Sel

thats because the current 'neutral' GR's fucking dump you 10000 miles in the air 500 yards in a random direction from where the GR actually is, so its a little hard to camp, CRP was frequently camped, I have been and i know people that have also been killed by their own faction, by GR campers at TG... FA gets camped, MB gets camped like a muvva fucker... what other neutral GRs are there other than PR?