PDA

View Full Version : what means "join proxy session failed"

Bounty Killer
20-08-03, 14:34
Damn, cant log any of my characters on uranus any more.
I keep getting the message "join proxy session failed"
Anyone knows whats wrong or has the same thing before?

Promethius
20-08-03, 14:36
Originally posted by Bounty Killer
Damn, cant log any of my characters on uranus any more.
I keep getting the message "join proxy session failed"
Anyone knows whats wrong or has the same thing before?

yes i got this before. once u see this. press alt + F4. Then just head back into neocron. Always worked for me.

[edit: I'm not sure wat exactly wat it means but jsut restarting neocron always fixed teh problem for me.

ghandisfury
20-08-03, 14:36
It means 1 of two things.

You are playing on a lan and serving all computers with yours.
Or someone else is playing on your character.

Bounty Killer
20-08-03, 14:38
Originally posted by ghandisfury

Wouldent this give u a message somthing like player user already online?

Promethius
20-08-03, 14:40

Are you sure it says that if your char is already in use. I thought it says something liek this account is already in sue or soemthing to that extent (I'm not 100% sure so i don't relaly kno which it is)

P.S. Did alt + F4 ing out of Neocron fix ur problem?

Dardalion
20-08-03, 14:40
If someone else had your char logged in it says - You are already logged in. I get in when switching servers sometimes

Bounty Killer
20-08-03, 14:42
I did pressed alt+f4 to switch my characters yes. I wanted to repair something. Now i cant play anymore. Started NC for like 5 times now :(

ericdraven
20-08-03, 14:46
Originally posted by Bounty Killer
I did pressed alt+f4 to switch my characters yes. I wanted to repair something. Now i cant play anymore. Started NC for like 5 times now :(

Then completely restart your PC, there seems to be still an active TCP connection (altho it should have timed out by now.. o_O )

X Kitty X
20-08-03, 14:54
I get this ALL the time. It's when I log off and then try and log back in without restarting Neocron. Just exit the program and start it up again. Not quite sure what causes it but it doesn't seem to screw anything up so don't worry about it.

alig
20-08-03, 14:58
I get that message all the time only when my bro is home and hes using my connection through network, just restarting NC fixes it everytime for me :wtf:

Fawkes
20-08-03, 14:59
ghandisfury is right actually. I had that error too sometimes when a friend was using my account. When I tried logging in, my friend crashed or something and I got that proxy error.

Eddie
20-08-03, 15:23
You can login to your own char if someone is already playing it - what happens is that you gain control of him - and the guy who was playing him first syncs out.

Eddie

Promethius
20-08-03, 15:37
Originally posted by Eddie
You can login to your own char if someone is already playing it - what happens is that you gain control of him - and the guy who was playing him first syncs out.

Eddie

Thats def wrong. becuase i was loggin into a friends account while he was on it and it didn't allow me to log into his chars because eh as playin.

DonnyJepp
20-08-03, 15:46

No, and no.

I get this everytime I relog without restarting the game. I am not able to switch characters without restarting NC entirely, it did not used to do this.

D

Eddie
20-08-03, 15:49
Originally posted by Promethius
Thats def wrong. becuase i was loggin into a friends account while he was on it and it didn't allow me to log into his chars because eh as playin.

Well I've logged into an account of a friend's whilst he was using it - and I took control of his char and he synced out.

This was with two different computers with two different IP addresses (as in we're not sharing the internet but miles away).

Eddie

ericdraven
20-08-03, 15:49
It's actually something really weird.

For example - using a 10.x.x.x IP address gave me this error, changing back to a 192.168.x.x address removed this behaviour again and i could login back straight away.. o_O

Scikar
20-08-03, 15:54
This error only started for me when I started sharing my connection. Some other weird things that happen are:

Computer A has the net connection, B is linked via LAN.

If A is connected and playing NC, and someone logs into a char on the same server using computer B, computer A lags out and has to relog. But sometimes B simply cannot connect until A log out and waits for B to log in. If B logs in first and then A logs in, there are never any problems.

Promethius
20-08-03, 15:54
Originally posted by Eddie
Well I've logged into an account of a friend's whilst he was using it - and I took control of his char and he synced out.

This was with two different computers with two different IP addresses (as in we're not sharing the internet but miles away).

Eddie

same here thios person is in UK while i am in US....but i dunno anyone else able to take contorl of someoen else cahrs by logging into the same account on teh same char?

ericdraven
20-08-03, 16:02
Originally posted by Promethius
same here thios person is in UK while i am in US....but i dunno anyone else able to take contorl of someoen else cahrs by logging into the same account on teh same char?

I don't think it's possible because you get the message:

"Connection refused by nethost. Player already online with another charakter" or something like this.

/EDIT: OK, just tried it, the exact message is:

"Connection rejected by nethost. Player already online". :p

Promethius
20-08-03, 16:13
Originally posted by ericdraven
I don't think it's possible because you get the message:

"Connection refused by nethost. Player already online with another charakter" or something like this.

/EDIT: OK, just tried it, the exact message is:

"Connection rejected by nethost. Player already online". :p

well that ends that lil debate.

ghandisfury
20-08-03, 16:16
Originally posted by DonnyJepp
No, and no.

I get this everytime I relog without restarting the game. I am not able to switch characters without restarting NC entirely, it did not used to do this.

D

Then you need to fix your proxy settings. This error is because you are trying to use the same localport to log in (which in your case means you're laggy and are still "in the game" when you're trying to log in) or someone is on your character.....
so yes and yes.:rolleyes:

Scikar
20-08-03, 16:21
How do I change the local port then on my other computer?

ericdraven
20-08-03, 16:23
Originally posted by Scikar
How do I change the local port then on my other computer?

neocron.ini

Insert the following line:

LOCALPORT="6002"

(the port is just an example, 6000 is standard tho)

Scikar
20-08-03, 16:24
OK, thanks.

alig
20-08-03, 16:39
Originally posted by Scikar
This error only started for me when I started sharing my connection. Some other weird things that happen are:

Computer A has the net connection, B is linked via LAN.

If A is connected and playing NC, and someone logs into a char on the same server using computer B, computer A lags out and has to relog. But sometimes B simply cannot connect until A log out and waits for B to log in. If B logs in first and then A logs in, there are never any problems.

LoL thats so true!.

My bro is an example of computer B, and im A, if im logged in and playin nc and he trys to get on while im on, he has an endless synch screen and i have to come out, and log his account on my pc 1st and then he logs his account in on his pc, this is all network problems. :(

Another one i've found is if my bro on computer B logs out/relogs it makes me crash :wtf:

edit/ Oh, the logging in on someone else's account while there on _does_ actually make them synch out and u take control over them, this is from a network tho, dont know about 2 totally different computers that are'nt in the same house nm the same country.

ericdraven
20-08-03, 16:46
Originally posted by alig
edit/ Oh, the logging in on someone else's account while there on _does_ actually make them synch out and u take control over them, this is from a network tho, dont know about 2 totally different computers that are'nt in the same house nm the same country.

I tried it on the same network. ;)

The currently active one got synced out, yes, but still the other one got the error message and couldn't login..

alig
20-08-03, 16:51
Originally posted by ericdraven
I tried it on the same network. ;)

The currently active one got synced out, yes, but still the other one got the error message and couldn't login..

Im not sure which way it works but if my brother who is connected to my connection logs in on his account while im on his account on my own pc, he takes full control over me but not the other way around, if i try log in my account while hes on mine on his pc, only works one way afaiko_O

ericdraven
20-08-03, 16:56
Originally posted by alig
Im not sure which way it works but if my brother who is connected to my connection logs in on his account while im on his account on my own pc, he takes full control over me but not the other way around, if i try log in my account while hes on mine on his pc, only works one way afaiko_O

Ehm.. weird.. do you both use the same localport??

Kugero
21-08-03, 00:26
My guess is when you log out but don't quit Neocron completely it takes about 30-60 seconds for the server to reset your connection. When you close/crash and reopen the game it resets the connection and you can log right in. This is more for people trying to swap alts quickly.

SOHO routers running NAT tend to hold onto the TCP session for some reason longer than if you were running a public IP address directly.

Not sure about all the "computer A crashes computer B sync session timeout black screen" tom-foolery but it sounds like a port assignment problem on each client ...

Bounty Killer
21-08-03, 09:29
Well..when i come back from work tonight i try a full new install. Every time i try to log my main character Bounty my PC crashes big time. Not even ctrl+alt+delete work anymore. When i try my screen keeps hanging in that black screen with white stripes.

Delloda
21-08-03, 11:07
buy a router to share your network and switch off your lan cards that are connection your comps. problem solved albeit a bit roughly. :p

i get this problem too when have my lan active while 2 comps are on nc. With a router you dont really ned your lan active so you can switch it off by diabling your lan cards while playing nc and back on when you do need your lan up.