PDA

View Full Version : Tangent Saturn Clan(s) ?

Crest
20-08-03, 09:45
Ok Guys Do those of you that are Saturn Tangents think a couple of Supper Clans , depending on game style and objectives, Would be the way forward,

Especially when we have close alliances with other factions and strong enemies.

Admit that TG on saturn are way strong, there are 2 reasons for this, so do you think a shuffle of Tangent clans, orginize and then lead from the front (As only tangents do)

If you guys have any suggestions please filter them through

Arcadius
20-08-03, 09:57
I think all factions should be done away with or completely reworked.

CarniFlex
20-08-03, 10:13
no offence mate but a poll in the forums bout having all TT clans on saturn merging is just another canned spam thread, sorry.

Besides I rather have a medium sized clan with people i can trust (which is more fun atmosphere to play in) than a big superclan that runs over every op and takes em.

If you wanna merge all clans then start convincing people of the good it will do ingame because not all players read the forums.

Crest
20-08-03, 10:46
The purpose of the post isn't to convince people of anything. First need to do some ground work and establish if there is a demand.

Remeber that not all people are trade skills people, or PvP. So a clan must suite their needs. But at the same time, not being able to hunt is not cool either.

WE are establishing a demand first, then we will work on in game stuff in game...

ezza
20-08-03, 12:22
you dont need to merge into one big super clan, but maybe if the other clans supported each other intangent you would be more sucessful.

though there are to many small clans with a few people in them.

maybe they need to look at which clans are active in tangent, and meet togeather to get things moving, maybe add though clans to buddy so you can all talk without spys knowing what you do.

look at the CMA, the mercs are proberbly at the strongest they have been for a long time, wouldnt of happened without the alliance between the merc clans.

then you look at new dawn, who were a number of clans who mergerd togeather, so it can be done by merging or by alliance.

though some clans wouldnt want to merge as they like there independence.

Beefheart
20-08-03, 12:26
I think the problem is fear. I don't mean that the tangent clans are afraid to fight, but it's a different kind of fear, more like a reluctance.

Let me explain this way:

A Tangent clan, that tries hard and every so often takes an op, gets the message that a turret was just killed or the first layer was hacked of the single op they own. The clan at that moment has maybe 5 players on, so they call over faction chat and ask for assistance. What I think goes through alot of players minds (claned and solo) is:

1 if it's TG why bother, they always seem so well organized.
2 they'll have vastly greater numbers
3 what if we don't have enough ppu's and I die, who will rezz me ?
4 if I don't get rezz'd, I'll have to GR out. That means I'll have to pay to recover my inventory.
5 my psi-core is already at 40%, if that pops out maybe I can't find a tl84 poker and it'll just take more damage anyway.
6 maybe something of mine will break and I'll need it repaired, and there never seems to be a repairer
7 when the clan owners had the ops, they had the GR set to clan only so I couldn't even use it or enjoy the boost that the factory/lab/uplink/mine/fort gives
8 blah blah blah etc......

I'm sure you get the picture.

I think it's just a bit of reluctance and apathy about the whole situation and I don't know if making a TT mega-clan is the answer. Too many players now, given the choice of doing something or nothing would rather opt for doing nothing, keeping their imps safely implanted, credits and armors intact and undamaged.

P.s. It's not just on saturn either, the apathy is on them all and isn't just tangent clans/runners, it's across the boards

Rizzy
20-08-03, 12:29
Check templars membercount, last time I checked it was bigger then ours. Are they a super clan?

Original monk
20-08-03, 12:33
is ND a superclan ? (yust askin)

Rizzy
20-08-03, 12:39
Depends on your description of one. If a superclan is a big well organised clan that owns alot of ops, then yes we are. however if you think a superclan is sheer numbers, no organisation and poorly run then we are not :)

ezza
20-08-03, 12:45
Originally posted by Rizzy
Check templars membercount, last time I checked it was bigger then ours. Are they a super clan?

nope

zonk
20-08-03, 12:49
We are already working on it :)
NCCC is getting more active too btw.

CarniFlex
20-08-03, 13:27
new dawn member count 123
order of templars count 129

activity count at 12.30 today CET
New dawn 2
order of templars 4

But also (this is just my impression) templars are more a levelling ground for new players and not the near-capped/capped pvp character clan like new dawn.

Although i know some people left TT to join nd or tg just to be able to level up :p

Promethius
20-08-03, 13:34
Originally posted by Crest
Ok Guys Do those of you that are Saturn Tangents think a couple of Supper Clans , depending on game style and objectives, Would be the way forward,

Especially when we have close alliances with other factions and strong enemies.

Admit that TG on saturn are way strong, there are 2 reasons for this, so do you think a shuffle of Tangent clans, orginize and then lead from the front (As only tangents do)

If you guys have any suggestions please filter them through

Well the only reason TG is 'way strong' is because not too long ago there was -Protectors- and it was basicaly two super powers going at it. But for watever reason they decided to go to a diff server. Which caused TG to be so strong.

Also does anyone want to explain to me wtf is this 'dead animals' crap in the poles??

Babes
20-08-03, 13:46

As said Earler the definition of a Super clan. If you bring into the equation Alts/Inactive Members due to the age of the Clan)

New Dawn is a recently formed clan and would have many active members although i have no clue of the number of alts members may have joined also.

NCCC/templars/XTC are much old clans and i suspect many alts and inactivce members although Afterdark is recently formed just before New Dawn rise.

I do know a number of TT people now have alts in Merc Clans.

There are many excellent players in Tangent But they are spread across 4 or more clans but still not enough to take on New dawn.

Sorry to say New dawn rule the server. TT is just an inconvenice to them, we hold the OP only as long a New dawn get off the backsides and take it away from us.

Sanch0s
20-08-03, 13:51
The Game would have been better i feel if pro had of stayed, they always gave a good fight and always came no matter the numbers involved.
Alot of the time we were outnumbered as they got help from the cma, but the batteles with pro were the best ive ever had, especially the ones at soliko.

We have a big number but rarely do we have even 20 online to fight the 4, no make that 5 factions thats are trying to take our ops.

Promethius
20-08-03, 13:54
Originally posted by Babes
As said Earler the definition of a Super clan. If you bring into the equation Alts/Inactive Members due to the age of the Clan)

New Dawn is a recently formed clan and would have many active members although i have no clue of the number of alts members may have joined also.

NCCC/templars/XTC are much old clans and i suspect many alts and inactivce members although Afterdark is recently formed just before New Dawn rise.

I do know a number of TT people now have alts in Merc Clans.

There are many excellent players in Tangent But they are spread across 4 or more clans but still not enough to take on New dawn.

Sorry to say New dawn rule the server. TT is just an inconvenice to them, we hold the OP only as long a New dawn get off the backsides and take it away from us.

Our member count is so high due to many alts.. Alot of people have 2-4 alts in the clan. Plus there are alot of inactives or people who only can get on are various times (work..school...watever) as does every other clan. Also New Dawn maybe be a fairly new clan but not the 4 clans that made New Dawn. There are some people in the clan i haven't seen since we merged taht day. 0.o

Also I don't think its just our size that makes us so powerful. (Sure it helps but its not everything) We have alot of experienced capped / near capped players who are willing to fight....some who ONLY fight =P which helps alot.

Original monk
20-08-03, 14:14
Depends on your description of one. If a superclan is a big well organised clan that owns alot of ops, then yes we are. however if you think a superclan is sheer numbers, no organisation and poorly run then we are not :)

okie thats a nice explanation :P

maver!ck
20-08-03, 14:22
Originally posted by Promethius
Our member count is so high due to many alts.. Alot of people have 2-4 alts in the clan.
yeah, in FLR there are some crazy people having 2 or 3 accounts with up to 10 alts in the clan. Now - start calculating.

Promethius
20-08-03, 14:26
Originally posted by maver!ck
yeah, in FLR there are some crazy people having 2 or 3 accounts with up to 10 alts in the clan. Now - start calculating.

lmao..thats jsut nutz. I honestly don't see the need to have 3 accounts...much less paying for them all. But hey fi u got the money and are willing go for it. (tho its funny watching an Apu / ppu ....whoa re actually the same person on 2 comps buffin himself =P.....brings a whole knew meaning to pocket PPU. =P)

Crest
20-08-03, 14:41
I hear what you boys and gals are saying

Definition of a super clan - Clan that achieves results and maintains a strong presence,
Can Service its self and peers, Protect memebers and peers and challenge any hostile activities.

I think of a couple of P's here. Perservere, Protect, Presence and Prevail.

Templars - one of the oldest templar clans, with huge numbers yes....Thanks to its current leader (CF) I think. the probelm is .....

When the game started, a lot of chars were city friendly, they levelled and became closed to capped, then they deflected to TG...so they could be the rebels.... They then had the capped players vs Leveling players.... and as TG got more capped players, they got stronger....
Still today a lot of chars in Templars are either inactive or low level. John Parker has done a good job and his presence is felt through the game.

XTC.... With Elle this clan has grown, Elle is not a fighter but a lover, she loves the game with a passion, but would rather (Like Castoff, and other trade lovers) spend the time in plaza 1 poking cause they seek the social side of the game. She has a few good tanks , only 1 or 2 that are capped.

After Dark, this if I recall is run by Villa.... He is an x - TG who with firends had many a time killed me in game....They don't have the numbers, not of many hi level guys cause all of them are TG

NCCC, the boys who appear to be ruthless, over the past few weeks seem to be a little directionless, and their leader deflecting (After Legend left I think). I have seen Zonk in Action and look forward to his envolvement

s for clan structures, CM dont have only 1 clan true, but they have 3 or 4 medium to big size clans.
TG are not only one clan, sure you got the Dawnie children but there are still a few other clans. (medium sized ones)

No what isee happening is possible top 3 or 4 TT clans organizing themsleves depending on game play, Alliance formed (Not only TT but others to) and A global resistance created. .... But we need to start by understanding if these 3/4 clans should exist

Promethius
20-08-03, 14:46
No what isee happening is possible top 3 or 4 TT clans organizing themsleves depending on game play, Alliance formed (Not only TT but others to) and A global resistance created. .... But we need to start by understanding if these 3/4 clans should exist

I think its more like 3-4 small - medium clans. Also If there was a wide scale alliance formed against TG's of course wwe have allies awell who would come to our aid. *winks at eoe*

Also if this thread is directed at forming everyoen against a clan i think it shoudl be left ingame =P

Original monk
20-08-03, 14:51
indeed very intresting crest veeery intresting...

Crest
20-08-03, 14:55
I think its more like 3-4 small - medium clans. Also If there was a wide scale alliance formed against TG's of course wwe have allies awell who would come to our aid. *winks at eoe*

Also if this thread is directed at forming everyoen against a clan i think it shoudl be left ingame =P

Sorry, yes a little of the topic, We not Picking on anyone, Not Even ND .... That is in game stuff.....

Prom I do appologize, anyone could get that impression....

The Posting is about organizing the TT's (Not even as much as that, even more grass roots like establishing if there is a Need to orginaize) , if the result is confrontation against any enemies, or neutrals or even friendly faction then we would resolve that.

maybe we meet in game

Promethius
20-08-03, 15:00
Sorry, yes a little of the topic, We not Picking on anyone, Not Even ND .... That is in game stuff.....

Prom I do appologize, anyone could get that impression....

The Posting is about organizing the TT's (Not even as much as that, even more grass roots like establishing if there is a Need to orginaize) , if the result is confrontation against any enemies, or neutrals or even friendly faction then we would resolve that.

maybe we meet in game

I also think its a good idea to for other factions to straighten out there shit so they can atleast make an attempt to Fight. because even tho its our clan that owns 80% of the world on saturn i don't think it should be this way because I'd rather see the map split up from 5 or so clans that have fights with each other rather than just one side vs another. Also this would solve the problem with people complaining that they can't lvl anywhere....well cuz they can't get to teh levelign spots. (i kno if i was in that position i would be pissed / to lazy to run anywhere =P)

Rizzy
20-08-03, 15:28
Prom we don't own 80% :p its about 50%

ezza
20-08-03, 15:35
you did have 80% the merc have been fighting back, it looks like those damn fallen angels are taking a fair bit of the map, thats who tangent need to get there ass into gear to fight;)

Promethius
20-08-03, 15:36
I've been outa comission for some time i dunno who owns wat or when they owned it or by whom...

Scikar
20-08-03, 15:40
Crest is right, Templars consist of a lot of low to mid level players, and not too many high level fighters. Though they do make good cannon fodder in an OP war. :p

I think the best thing TT can do is get all those small clans merged together. Obviously not by force, but if you can get all the 2 man clans combined you'll have a lot more presence.

As Prom said it would be much more interesting if there were other factions involved in the OP situation.

Promethius
20-08-03, 15:44
I dunno but i've always liked being on the underdog side whihc use to be tg...(but that was when anyone could GR anywhere =P)

Crest
20-08-03, 16:36
I dunno but i've always liked being on the underdog side whihc use to be tg...(but that was when anyone could GR anywhere =P)

Been many a night since TG were under dogs... One day Tg will the under dogs again, but for now, they are the force to fight

Parker
20-08-03, 17:06
Actually, the Templars size is slightly over inflated, we have a couple of names tagged as inactive. We think they've quite neocron but wanted to wait a bit since they will be missed.

I founded the Templars. I stepped down from being an official leader or figurehead because I couldn't devote the time due to work. Also Castoff does a far better job than I could ever do in day to day running.
(i'm an uncommunicative bugger).

We've always had a range of low-mid-high level runners. I think this is more to do with our recruitment policy than anything though (we try to recruit low mid levels rather than high levels since then they grow into the clan as a family) and size hasn't been important to us - we just want people we like and can trust.

Anyhow - surely a "super"-clan has to be due to merging a couple of clans - it's not just a big clan - it's one from two established clans. (like Supertramp or Travelling Wilberries were super groups - because all the stars were stars in other groups before?)

Anyhow - I doubt there will be a super clan of tangents on saturn. (there was a tangent leader meeting last night - and it didn't look like such a thing would ever be possible)

Anyway - if you want to chat Crest - catch me in game.

John

Whiety Bulger
20-08-03, 21:00
New Dawn is the only true super clan.

Crest
21-08-03, 09:29
Originally posted by Whiety Bulger
New Dawn is the only true super clan.

The thread is not about bragging, or advertising, its asking a question, and the question has nothing to do with who you think is the best at .....

New Dawn has reached their potential, its a name that is echoed through the halls and waste lands....good for them, the only problem with thta is,

When you have got to the top, you have become what you set out to become, there is only one way to go, and its a big fall....Hope ND don't suffer from vertigo ......

This is apparent by the fact Prom is absent, one of its leaders is a well known spy for TT's and CM (I think he has a CM alt, in an equally hi position... Enough about that, don't want to stir a boiling pot ). So already they have tust issues.

trigger hurt
21-08-03, 22:17
Odd, of all the conversations I have heard in 'clan' chat and had in directs and on my buddy list...

Not one of them has mentioned a 'well known spy for TT's and CM'. I think you are just trying to stir shit up.

Keep it in the game.

Crest
22-08-03, 09:27
Originally posted by trigger hurt
Odd, of all the conversations I have heard in 'clan' chat and had in directs and on my buddy list...

Not one of them has mentioned a 'well known spy for TT's and CM'. I think you are just trying to stir shit up.

Keep it in the game.

1) Ok imagine I am a TG spy, now I am going to go onto the faction / clan chat and say 'Hey Guys Guess Who My Alt Is' ...

That sounds like the right thing to do. If you are running one of these clans, would you want the rest of the clan to know , Hey there were no TG's on last night because our Spy the xxxxx player infromed us. Oh by the way he is the spy.

What would you have expected, we know there are spies in all factions, we know who some of them are. Even XTC got bit with a spy giving away passwords.

Well Known spy, ask your clan leader if he knows of a hi leveled spy running amongst the TG's. For all you know it is him.

Actually you are right, I am trying to stir shit up....Given all the possible scenarios, that would suite us best, Guys sorry no spy , forget what I said, it was just me mouthing off, so no worried about it. I apologise, mate you are so right

Promethius
22-08-03, 09:31
Well actually there are loads of spys. =\. Hard to tell who is and who isn't because well 4 chars. Of course there are people spying. FInding out wat they are saying in faction (or clan chat) chat. Shit happens tho u jsut got to live with it. (also its fun sending wrong info in faction chat =P)

Crest
22-08-03, 09:34
Guys Sorry, I let myself get off topic here, so sorry for that, enough about spies, and lets look at the question at hand ....

Seems like a good response from players in support of cereating more consolidated clans.....

I imagine the bnoys and gals voting for TG option all belong to TG already , as for dead animals Isn't that like a forum rule, always include something about dead animals :)

scalper
22-08-03, 11:55
but I voted for that option :p

Seems like the best thing to do for me atm especially as the City Mercs have only opened 1 of there Ops for me to genrep to.

So I can go to City Mercs ( done that Epic already ) and genrep to about 1/3 of the left of the map or I could go Tg and level up a bit more ( and spy for you )

My last choice of course would be to help support your uber clan by joining it - put my name on the list mate and dont tell the TG or FA that I got an alt in their clans ;)

Scalper out

Promethius
22-08-03, 12:49
*adds scalper to the black list*

;) :lol: :angel:

Crest
22-08-03, 13:16
*adds scalper to the black list*

;) :lol: :angel:

What Black list, explain this to me ... You kill all tangents KOS, and then there is a black list, is this the list where you don't kill tangents on sight ?

Promethius
22-08-03, 13:21
What Black list, explain this to me ... You kill all tangents KOS, and then there is a black list, is this the list where you don't kill tangents on sight ?

well for one thing i was jokin. Also we normally do kill TT's or enemy factions in general on sight...except for a few old friends. ;) @ Vila

Doc Holliday
22-08-03, 13:37
Ok speaking from experience I would hasten to agree entirely with beefhearts post on page one. tangent as a faction is not the grreatest or strongest clan on the uranus server. I formed a small clan to eventually change that perception. the regulators were formed we started small and grew rapidly and very soon we were active and held 3 ops ( lab factory and uplink o_O ) we could have contested for a 4th purely for tactical reasons. the clan grew to be the 4th largest on the server but we were constantly purging inactives etc. People saw what was happening and we kept gettin turrets blown up by little wankers intent on causing trouble. people started to moan about having to gr to the op cos it was probably just so and so doin it. U get people all talkin at once on clan chat. some people spam it far too often. then u get idiots who ask what are we doin when u get first level of barrier at X op gone down. People with in the clan had issues with other members in the clan. NONE of them could sort it out amicably and all poured it on the leaders. they got fucked off major cos all they ever did was clear up everyone elses shit. then u got the mavericks who think they can do all say all and no one can touch them. then u got the assholes who dont know what rp is. or whine when they get jumped in warzones/levellin spots by 3 others of an enemy clan faction even tho they got stuck in to the same person earlier that day. Of course on the outside people see this one big clan and think cool i want to join them, people join alts particularly on uranus/saturn cos they want to be part of the next big clan and the " in crowd " but are merely sheep followin the flock. that alt probably never gets played much either but hes in the so n so clan and hes cool. So if u can find a remedy for even half of these problems which doesnt include giving up your entire life to play this game 24/7 then u got something. all u need then is a core of players who are willing to back u up, are reasonably good at pvp an dont question authority but more importantly think for themselves about what they can do to help the clan then u are most definitly on the right track.

Im sad to say to any one on uranus readin this thread that this pretty much details the demise of the regulators as a clan which is a shame because we actually put tangent on the map for a while till the tsunami alliance overwhelmed us combined with the internal struggles. Most of what i put up is personal experience coupled with thoughts of my own added also but to anyone who reads it. think hard about a super clan and if u REALLY have the guys backing u u can trust. u need 4 or 5 dedicated players to serve as admins or council leaders or what ever round the clock almost. if u do make a show of it then good luck to u. i sure as hell tried and it almost gave me an ulcer :eek:

still all the best and i hope this serves as some help to u all. take care guys. thanks for readin

doc

Parker
22-08-03, 15:40
When I read blacklist - I thought if a TT went to TG then the TG would still KOS him.
(Then again, when I was in wandering mode and factionless, I hung around the canyon (mainly to regain soullight) and noted that a lot of TG will PK TG anyway....)

I'd shoot any TT who went TG before any plain TG & I'd expect the same from TG.
(I'd also find it hard to trust people who changed over - especially if they did so just to make their life easy - why the hell do people play this game? If you want it easy - then only hunt sewer rats in plaza 1)

Anyway - I don't think this poll represents anything. (since the only votes that count are those of TT runners in the large active clans. There are a lot of tiny TT clans (too many if you ask me) - and yes maybe they should merge. But I can't see, any of the big clans merging - our personalities seem quite different - but we are beginning to work together).

John

Scikar
22-08-03, 16:08
By blacklist Prom just meant he's a bad guy and won't get invited into the clan. :)

The "If a TT went TG" situation wouldn't happen. The reason is if a TT came into the canyon unescorted to talk to the faction changer person we would kill him. :D

Crest
22-08-03, 16:43
Scalps what you doing talking to the TG people,

Hmmm

Maybe we should put you on a couple of Balck Lists...
Actually Seing how you handled the 4 TG's on Weds night (4v1) you can join my clan anytime

Parker
22-08-03, 17:13
Scikar

Not true. I left my clan and was instantly factionless. (due to killing a few people I was also very negative soullight) - I spent a weekend in the canyon doing TG missions.

I was PK'ed twice - once by a gang of TG (I think one recognised my name) and once by a TT runner going on a raid. (ahem...)

I could easily of changed to TG - if I could - anybody could.

John

Scikar
22-08-03, 17:38
Yeah I forgot about the factionless thing. But it's likely that the runner's name would be recognised. If it's not then chances he wasn't that important anyway. :D

scalper
22-08-03, 18:46
You are all assuming that you know all of my alt characters.

I don't need to change to TG as I already have a TG runner :)

And a NEXT runner :)

Scalper out :angel: