PDA

View Full Version : Yohoho and a bottle of green bull light

Heavyporker
20-08-03, 04:53
Yep, finally back from my stint at the caverns helping out.

I see from the forum that things have changed quite a bit, even if I hear that the new vecs have not come out yet.

Having problems downloading the three patches that came out in the month or so that I was gone, so I can't really go in and kick around.

Can someone save me about fifteen hours of reading forum stuff and catch me up a bit about the internal workings of Neocron (like maybe politics, new combat tactics now that current vecs and such have been beefed up, and the like (as in, did that 30% gimp-hit really hurt the hybrid monks or not?))

Oh, and someone put down some of those gym mats that stop you from breaking bones when you fall, because when I finally get the patches shoved down this rustbucket calculator, I have to see what happened to my chars :)

And no, shadow dancer, I won't run into that holodeck with you just yet, I know what you like to do with the holographic dead animals you found in deck six.

But, damn! A zoo, a for real zoo?!?! Where will it be, can runners particpate in getting the specimens, and will there be admission charges ( a la Mysterious Maze - pay X creds and the door opens up to let you into the complex) Hey... could be the newly renovated Outzone Sector 7 or Plaza Five...

And yeah...I guess I better start looking at LOMs to prep my Monk for using those new vecs for when they DO come out (yes, before Christmas 2003, honest, I heard it from Bigfoot himself, he told me as he sat upon the Caveman's Bed in the cave that I worked.) I refuse to have my Monk miss out on those new vecs... even with the FUCKING ASS HC reqs... grrr....

nonamebrandeggs
20-08-03, 04:54
Welcome back, while you were out they released DoY then removed it because 25% of the textures were MJS manpr0n. Besides from that you got most of it right.

Arcadius
20-08-03, 04:56
Hybrids=dead

Monk PA is here

Apus>all

PPus have even more spells to make them invincible. :rolleyes:

All pa is getting reworked next patch.

Pes still whining about pistols. :p

GR changes. Clans can "shut out" people from GRing in if they own the outpost. KK still hasn't gave us any new GRs, only one new ASG.

Um lemme see what else......................

me>u

bounty
20-08-03, 04:56
I still suck.

Heavyporker
20-08-03, 05:06
Hmm... I read from one thread that a Clan can own the CRP gr point... is that true?!?!

If so, that has to be imbecilic. And what about educador, crest village, point red, the like - those other no-OP grs that has the semblance of being useful...

Monk PA is out?! What do you think of it Shacer? (I think I will use that... saves me some time :P ) Any use in Mob combat or PvP?

Was the newest hybrid nerf really that effective? Do we pures now have any hope about getting some of the previous Monk gimps removed or at least softened (like RoF on APU spells (yeah, mostly a connection problem, but that can be gotten around) or maybe upping the rate of mana recovery from boosters or some such?)

What new spells for PPUs? I dont think I read of that.

PEs will forever whine about pistols... lamers... they think they should be the best at something... bah...

Oh, and my stint at the caverns reminded me about caves... The chaos cave needs re-working, really.... needs more dark spots - too uniformly bright... would kick ass if there were lightless (so dark that wankers can't simply turn up the gamma and dodge that) { so that people would REALLY use flashlights and the flashlight mods } rooms (go into a real cave and turn off the lights... you will learn the definition of true darkness... if what I hear is right, you go colorblind in three days and totally blind in under a month if you stay there) - that you had to go through and stumble around, and, ooh even risk running into the grue :D ...
(muhaaa... gods, who else remembers the grue? :D )

The walls really should be jaggier... too smooth between corners and such, and that's another problem... the corners are too sharp and clean-breaking...

Crystal caves got it rather close, but not really there yet. Love the crystals though, and the urine pit in the crystal cave east of TH. Haven't gone to that other crys cave.

Yadda dadda yadda

edit - doh... I forgot to ask - are the events still happening? has callash improved on them or are they just the same? happening more often, less often, or the same? come on... details!

MortuusLupus
20-08-03, 05:50
Well...the last real event we had was after a big database error and they did a pretty bad scavenger hunt. That was a while ago

nonamebrandeggs
20-08-03, 05:54
Originally posted by MortuusLupus
Well...the last real event we had was after a big database error and they did a pretty bad scavenger hunt. That was a while ago

What about the beach partay?

Promethius
20-08-03, 05:57
@heavyporker

The reason CRP is treated jsut like the cycrow GR is becuase they are in the same zone. It would defeat the purpose of locking the GR in the first place.

Arcadius
20-08-03, 06:00
Originally posted by Heavyporker
Hmm... I read from one thread that a Clan can own the CRP gr point... is that true?!?!

If so, that has to be imbecilic. And what about educador, crest village, point red, the like - those other no-OP grs that has the semblance of being useful...

Yes it's true. All the non-op grs can't be 'owned'. I think owning a GR is silly in the first place.

Monk PA is out?! What do you think of it Shacer? (I think I will use that... saves me some time :P ) Any use in Mob combat or PvP?

Monk pa ownz. Currently the only problem is lack of force/piercing. But next patch they'll put it back.

Was the newest hybrid nerf really that effective? Do we pures now have any hope about getting some of the previous Monk gimps removed or at least softened (like RoF on APU spells (yeah, mostly a connection problem, but that can be gotten around) or maybe upping the rate of mana recovery from boosters or some such?)

Hybrids=dead

The RoF nerf on apu was necassary btw. Anyhoo, hopefully with more apus complaining we can get a small boost. We still have gimp mana. :rolleyes:

What new spells for PPUs? I dont think I read of that.

Anti damage boost, anti poison, anti paralyze. Oh yea, anti-poison sanctum. Now a PPu can PASSIVELY and COMPLETELY nullify an entire damage type of an apu. Hell he doesn't even have to recast, just wait a few seconds for his sanctum to make the apu's damage useless. :rolleyes:

They also have holy overpowered sanctum, oops I mean holy catharsis sanctum. It removes damage boost, poison, and paralyze every few seconds. You know, because they needed to be more invincible. :rolleyes:

PEs will forever whine about pistols... lamers... they think they should be the best at something... bah...

lol :p

i just find it hilarious that PEs having more defense than a tank, complain about their offense.

if what I hear is right, you go colorblind in three days and totally blind in under a month if you stay there)

wtf really?

Just from pure darkness?

Do you still OWN?

Yes.

Oh btw, shelters cast on OTHER people are reduced by 50% in defensive power. Cool huh? :D

Heavyporker
20-08-03, 06:10
Rofl at shacer.

Thats good to hear, about the shelter nerf and the monk pa, and yeah, I remember the anti-spells for PPUs.. they came out the same time as the new APU spells... and I agree.... its fuckwitted that a PPU can make poison completely useless... I LIKED my poison beam, dammit.

Doesn't the fact that you have to wait half a hour before about fifty stacks from poison beams kill a roach satsify KK and those numbnuts tanks and sucklike with 0 POR already?!?!

Grrr.

And about pure darkness... think about it shacer... no light, no point for eyes... why do you think the blind fish and bugs exist in caves? It didn't take that long for them to drop the eyes.
I think its because of the way the light receptors in eyes work, breaking apart and shooting out electrons when photons hit them, and then reassembling to be ready for the next wave of photons (this is why it hurts like a sonuvabitch and you can't see when bright lights and flashes go off - a massive wave of electrons slamming along your neurons to your brain, meaning pain, and no more "open" receptors to catch the ensuing photons, meaning no sight)

MortuusLupus
20-08-03, 06:11
Originally posted by nonamebrandeggs
What about the beach partay?

Oh, right. I forgot about that, I couldn't go =(

Anyhoo, last real STORYLINE event...eeeee...it's been a long time, I can't really remember. Was it the missile attack on plaza 1?

Heavyporker
20-08-03, 07:02
Damn... I seem to recall Callash writing that he would do more smaller events more evenly spread out so as to let more players in on the fun... I assume the phrase "no dice" applies?

kurai
20-08-03, 09:05
Well - a few NPCs got spawned around the various NC city sectors - some just randomly babble, some seem like they might be leading up to a story line ...

But after they appeared over a 2 night period, nothing has changed for ... what ... 3 weeks now ?