PDA

View Full Version : Ok, this is weird I know...

Opiate
19-08-03, 23:29
...but what's that woman's voice doing in the WAV of casting a spell? o_O

I was fizzling around with TS and a headset and got the volume up really, really loud (me = TS n00b) and I heard this woman's voice whispering something in the background :eek:

Anyone heard this before? Anyone decoded what secret message is hidden within?

Rade
19-08-03, 23:32
Seriously? Cool.

\\Fényx//
19-08-03, 23:34
Yea i hear that all the time, only on my tank's heal tho, the ROF is sooo slow you can almost make it out... its something like guys... this is mjs speaking... do you read me... rage against the machine, rage against CDV... we know they suck ass too but were in a contract, their time will come, so will NC's, the future is bright, the future is DoY... once its finished™

FBI
19-08-03, 23:37
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
Yea i hear that all the time, only on my tank's heal tho, the ROF is sooo slow you can almost make it out... its something like guys... this is mjs speaking... do you read me... rage against the machine, rage against CDV... we know they suck ass too but were in a contract, their time will come, so will NC's, the future is bright, the future is DoY... once its finished™

LMFAO!!!!!!!

Helen Angilley
19-08-03, 23:53
There's a lot of things in the game you'll miss unless you're paying attention. ;)

I believe all spells have a "voice" in their casting, but it's subtle...to evoke paranoia more than anything else.

cracky
20-08-03, 00:52
I think it's like fruity incantations or whatever, because it sounds like it's in some weird language.

Omnituens
20-08-03, 01:03
the chaos queen says an incantation as she casts her firey balls o' doooooom

Judge
oooh cool, I gotta try and see if I can hear that. :D

Nullifidian
Originally posted by cracky
I think it's like fruity incantations or whatever, because it sounds like it's in some weird language.

Like German?

Marx
20-08-03, 02:07
sounds like rammstein to me

(shrugs)

Xian
20-08-03, 02:22
I noticed it when I first used a PSI spell. O_o

It sounds like a woman whispering gently, doesn't sound like anything in particular though.

phunqe
20-08-03, 12:45
I was just wondering why all people in plaza 1 was casting heals all the time :p

SynC_187
20-08-03, 12:52
Listen carefully to launchers too. They speak.

ericdraven
20-08-03, 12:58
Originally posted by SynC_187
Yeah, but not much. :lol:

KramerTheWeird
20-08-03, 13:12
Originally posted by SynC_187

RAWWWR!!! COME ON!!!

Archeus
20-08-03, 13:15
Anyone want to take bets that the shield or heal spells say something like "We are more powerful then you now!".. and all the subliminal advertising is making people spam the forums to have us nerfed. o_O

Q`alooaith
20-08-03, 13:32
You know hoverbot's tell you nmany diffrent things, ranging from, I'm goina' rip you in two...

To

I eat dead people

Have a good listen, it's hard to heard cause it's been slowed and distorted, but it's there.

DCSparkes
20-08-03, 13:54
I've noticed this frequently; especially in the Chaos caves when you're casting continually, the whispering start to seem louder and louder... it's a really amazing effect; it's almost as if by using Psi you're teetering on the brink of insanity and you don't know which side.

I don't know whether there's an acoustic effect at work or whether it's just the long-term exposure to it means my brain picks it out more easily, but I've never tried to listen to them to hear what they're saying; it might disappoint me... or send me over the edge! o_0

Kill them all! They are insects! You ruled! Kill them all!

Heeheehee Heeheeheeeeeeeee </drool>

Devils Thrill
20-08-03, 14:29
your all paranoid , playing the game late at night

if you download my program :) , you can play/extract the wav files, and there is nothing in them

except for, dont stop playing this game, keep paying kk money, eat pie

Helen Angilley
20-08-03, 15:06
Originally posted by Q`alooaith
You know hoverbot's tell you nmany diffrent things, ranging from, I'm goina' rip you in two...

To

I eat dead people

Have a good listen, it's hard to heard cause it's been slowed and distorted, but it's there.

The initial shock of hearing "MUST DESTROY!!" from one of those things was enough to get me killed. Ironically enough. :eek:

El_MUERkO
20-08-03, 15:22
Launchers remind me of soccer houligans :)

The chaos queen definitely says something as well, spooky!!

ericdraven
20-08-03, 15:34
Originally posted by Helen Angilley
The initial shock of hearing "MUST DESTROY!!" from one of those things was enough to get me killed. Ironically enough. :eek:

Oh, they actually say this? Maybe i should stop running Winamp in the background while playing Neocron. o_O

Helen Angilley
20-08-03, 15:41
Originally posted by ericdraven
Oh, they actually say this? Maybe i should stop running Winamp in the background while playing Neocron. o_O

Yeah, they have quite a few things to say.

"Target locked", "MUST DESTROY!", "Retreat!", and, I'm dead certain I heard this one a couple times, "I want my Mummy!" (But distorted so it doesn't _quite_ sound that way). o_O

ericdraven
20-08-03, 15:47
Originally posted by Helen Angilley
[..] "I want my Mummy!" [..]

:lol: :lol:

I should hunt more hoverbots. :)

Devils Thrill
20-08-03, 16:10
i can only find 3 sounds for hoverbots talking :confused:

enemies\hoverbomber\bark.wav //Targer sighted
enemies\hoverbot\bark.wav //Eliminate
enemies\hovereye\bark.wav //Distroy

but copbot sounds are cool, there are a few soundes that i have never heard in the game like "you cant run away from me forever", and "I am the law", "Problem Solved", "Have a nice day"

and they say "FREZZ" like RoboCop :cool:

and when you kill a copbot they say "This can not beeeeeeee "

greendonkeyuk
20-08-03, 16:34
you wont hear hoverbots talkin unless youre a droner......

only the drone can pick it up..... (ingame that is)

Unless you trawl through the sound files for the right one.....

ericdraven
20-08-03, 16:36
Originally posted by greendonkeyuk
you wont hear hoverbots talkin unless youre a droner......

only the drone can pick it up..... (ingame that is)

Unless you trawl through the sound files for the right one.....

Hmm.. maybe if i jump high enough i would be able to hear it? :p

Scikar
20-08-03, 16:41
I heard a hovereye say "Destroy" when I zoned underneath it. Lucky for me I scrambled over the nearest hill and ran for my life. :p

CopBots also say "I have failed" followed by a "skrrrrrrrrrrrrrk" sound that last for AGES.

greendonkeyuk
20-08-03, 17:19
lol @ eric

theres a house near a spawn point i guess where you might hear em.... nr hawkins lab, h8 sector in the nw corner...... they spawn nearby and you can lure em to the house and kill em there. You might be able to hear em i guess.... never been psychotic enough to go toe to toe with one of those things....

ericdraven
20-08-03, 17:21
lol @ eric

theres a house near a spawn point i guess where you might hear em.... nr hawkins lab, h8 sector in the nw corner...... they spawn nearby and you can lure em to the house and kill em there. You might be able to hear em i guess.... never been psychotic enough to go toe to toe with one of those things....

Yeah, true, i used this house sometimes to kill hovers.. but still.. i need to turn off Winamp before i do this again.. :)

Q`alooaith
20-08-03, 17:45
lol @ eric

They anit all that hard, me and some ppl took three down pretty quickly... though cover comes highly recomended if you happen to be a spy, Tank and APU because TL3 delfector just don't cut it.

Selendor
20-08-03, 18:29
Man, they should make the copbots talk more in neutral situations, it would add to the atmosphere.

Also, wouldn't it be cool if in a patch they added some new sounds, like that voice over woman inside neocron who advertises "regular lectures are available at NCPD..." etc, suddenly starts talking about new things

"Use venture warp, where death by Grim Chaser is only a click away"

Opiate
20-08-03, 18:37
Well, I have to listen to the spell sound more carefully, but I swear I can make out "....is better than..." from it :eek:

My money is on "Neocron is better than Starwars Galaxies" :p

Eledhbrant
20-08-03, 19:58
I noticed that whispering the first time I played..could never make it out though.

Must open the pak file and listen to a few things :D

Tratos
20-08-03, 20:15
After reading this, i loaded up neocron to see what you guys were talkin about, found a quiet place in the wastes and the voices in the spells are weird, i can't make much out but it sounds like there is a voice there :wtf: 8|

*sits and sways in corner muttering to self* im not paranoid

Duder
20-08-03, 20:26
...yes, sacrificing Virgins and placing their vocal cords on a piece of metal shaped like a pentagram....nothing strange there!!

Omnituens
20-08-03, 23:08
i swear the second copbot death sounds says

"I am vader"

Scikar
21-08-03, 00:45
I'm expecting to hear "Scikar, I am your father" next time I'm in Pepper.

Rizzy
21-08-03, 01:11
I think its, 'I have failed'

Tratos
21-08-03, 01:14
Where do i find the sound files to listen to them? i can't find em anywhere :confused: :confused: :( :(

Drexel
21-08-03, 06:22
The female chant thingy reminds me of Hexen, where you get that latin chant going, ahhhhh... Hexen (showing a little age there)

Nivag
21-08-03, 17:25
You think thats strange, go to your Plaza lvl3 appt turn the sound right up and enjoy the sound of an office, yes an office complete with typewriters and airconditioning lol.

Trivial
21-08-03, 18:31
Originally posted by ericdraven
Hmm.. maybe if i jump high enough i would be able to hear it? :p

Er...

No, I'm a rifle spy and I hear them all the time.

Also, riding around in my hovertech I hear " Target Locked " or " Destryo"and say...whoops, pettle to the metal :)