PDA

View Full Version : BrainPort - Change Rare parts

Progenitor
19-08-03, 22:52
(seems I'm full of ideas today - or at least full of something)

The rare part pool is large. Exceptionally large. There are about 55ish different rare items in the game. Each of those requires about 5 seperate parts to build.

In an upcoming patch, the Mecha gloves are going to be added, which will add another 5 or so items and 20-30 more rare parts to the pool.

I'm sure when DoY comes out, there will be even more items added to the rare pool.

Something is going to have to change soon, or else it will take forever and a day to get any specific rare item completed. It will require 4 large apps just to store all of the parts waiting to find that last elusive one part before you can complete just one item.

So, my idea:

Add to the rare item drops, a non-copyable, unidentified-BP of each of the various rare items.

The parts needed to build the rare item will still be Tech, Core, Hull, Component, Frame, etc., etc. of the various qualities, Low, Tech, Expesive

Modify the existing rare parts, instead of each tech part that drops as a "Core of Thing-a-ma-jig" it will just drop as a Low-Tech Core, Tech Core, Expensive(High)-Tech Core.

So, you have the basic building blocks for construction rares being:
Low-Tech Tech, Low-Tech Core, Low-Tech Hull, Low-Tech Comp, Low-Tech Frame, etc.
Tech Tech, Tech Core, Tech Hull, Tech Comp, Tech Frame, etc.
High-Tech Tech, High-Tech Core, High-Tech Hull, High-Tech Comp, High-Tech Frame, etc.

Now, instead of trying to find someone that has that elusive "Hull of Thing-a-ma-jig" that you need to build your Thing-a-ma-jig, you just need to have the BP and the construction parts.

If the BP drop rate is slightly below that of the current techpart drop rate, there won't be an abundence of them out there. People will have a better chance of getting the rare they want - 1 in 60 instead of 1 in 300.

With the current list of tech parts, there would be about 21 diffent types (tech, core, hull, comp, frame, add-tech, add-comp = 7 x low, tech, expensive = 3. Sure they will add more as the game progresses - add-hull, add-frame, etc. - but even then, the limit would be 30 - still enough to fit into one cabinent!

People won't need 3 apartments just to store all of their rare parts. No more, "which apt do I store my rare spells and implant parts in?"

Researchers would still be needed to research the unidentified-BP and each of the unidentified-LowTech, unidentified-Tech and unidentified-HighTech parts

Constructors still have the same job as before.

Plus, as new rares are added to the game, the difficulting in getting one isn't compounded exponetially as the rare pool grows.

The BP's would still be rare, but obtainable. The tech parts to build them just as rare as they are now. The items themselves might become a little less rare - I'm not sure. The number of unwanted items you get would be much less - you only get unwanted BPs, but they are easier to trade to get rid of.

As a side note, what do people think about different groups of mobs only dropping certain categories of rare parts:
The fire MoBs only drop tech parts.
WB/WBT only drop core parts
Decays only drop hulls
Hovers only drop componet parts.
etc., etc.

Add tech and add comp parts drop off of the Y's and DoY bots?

(What I was looking for in this idea, is that instead of the way people now camp MB, CRP, Gambian Mine, Gaya 1 - hunting for rares, they are forced to spread out their search hunting across the whole wasteland for their rare. They would be forced to hunt against fire, poison, energy, xray damage and "earn" that rare. Make it more quest like.)

-p

Arcadius
19-08-03, 22:59
I like your idea.

alot.

I also agree SOMETHING needs to be one.

\\Fényx//
19-08-03, 23:10
OMG LIEK GOOD IDEA...

marty j schweisersdsfkafdp;g Hire this guy :D

Disturbed021
19-08-03, 23:40
I likes the BP and just base tech parts idea alot.

I dont like the only certain types of mobs dropping certain types of parts idea.
I think the mobs that drop the parts are fine atm.

Judge
19-08-03, 23:46
I like that all except certain mobs dropping certain parts. But the BP with base building blocks is a classic idea.

Also clean up the rare pool. :p

Shakari
19-08-03, 23:52
Originally posted by Judge
I like that all except certain mobs dropping certain parts. But the BP with base building blocks is a classic idea.

Also clean up the rare pool. :p

As Judge said :D:D:D:lol:

Progenitor
19-08-03, 23:53
Thanks guys!

Something else I thought of - keep the BP's still dropping off of the existing MoBs that currently drop rares.

But you can now distribute the tech part building blocks across a larger range of MoBs, including some of the lower level MoBs.

But the BP with base building blocks is a classic idea

And it just happens to come out that there would be 10 parts in each category, Low, Tech, Expensive/High

Frame, Hull, Core, Tech, Component, Add-Frame, Add-Hull, Add-Core, Add-Tech, Add-Component

Just like there are 10 building blocks to the other constructed items. :) It falls into line with the rest of construction.

-p

Maarten
20-08-03, 00:09
Could work... But I think a change like this is too big to ever be implemented. I suggest cleaning up the rarepool from useless rares.

Ascension
20-08-03, 00:13
Originally posted by Progenitor
(seems I'm full of ideas today - or at least full of something)

The rare part pool is large. Exceptionally large. There are about 55ish different rare items in the game. Each of those requires about 5 seperate parts to build.

In an upcoming patch, the Mecha gloves are going to be added, which will add another 5 or so items and 20-30 more rare parts to the pool.

I'm sure when DoY comes out, there will be even more items added to the rare pool.

Something is going to have to change soon, or else it will take forever and a day to get any specific rare item completed. It will require 4 large apps just to store all of the parts waiting to find that last elusive one part before you can complete just one item.

So, my idea:

Add to the rare item drops, a non-copyable, unidentified-BP of each of the various rare items.

The parts needed to build the rare item will still be Tech, Core, Hull, Component, Frame, etc., etc. of the various qualities, Low, Tech, Expesive

Modify the existing rare parts, instead of each tech part that drops as a "Core of Thing-a-ma-jig" it will just drop as a Low-Tech Core, Tech Core, Expensive(High)-Tech Core.

So, you have the basic building blocks for construction rares being:
Low-Tech Tech, Low-Tech Core, Low-Tech Hull, Low-Tech Comp, Low-Tech Frame, etc.
Tech Tech, Tech Core, Tech Hull, Tech Comp, Tech Frame, etc.
High-Tech Tech, High-Tech Core, High-Tech Hull, High-Tech Comp, High-Tech Frame, etc.

Now, instead of trying to find someone that has that elusive "Hull of Thing-a-ma-jig" that you need to build your Thing-a-ma-jig, you just need to have the BP and the construction parts.

If the BP drop rate is slightly below that of the current techpart drop rate, there won't be an abundence of them out there. People will have a better chance of getting the rare they want - 1 in 60 instead of 1 in 300.

With the current list of tech parts, there would be about 21 diffent types (tech, core, hull, comp, frame, add-tech, add-comp = 7 x low, tech, expensive = 3. Sure they will add more as the game progresses - add-hull, add-frame, etc. - but even then, the limit would be 30 - still enough to fit into one cabinent!

People won't need 3 apartments just to store all of their rare parts. No more, "which apt do I store my rare spells and implant parts in?"

Researchers would still be needed to research the unidentified-BP and each of the unidentified-LowTech, unidentified-Tech and unidentified-HighTech parts

Constructors still have the same job as before.

Plus, as new rares are added to the game, the difficulting in getting one isn't compounded exponetially as the rare pool grows.

The BP's would still be rare, but obtainable. The tech parts to build them just as rare as they are now. The items themselves might become a little less rare - I'm not sure. The number of unwanted items you get would be much less - you only get unwanted BPs, but they are easier to trade to get rid of.

As a side note, what do people think about different groups of mobs only dropping certain categories of rare parts:
The fire MoBs only drop tech parts.
WB/WBT only drop core parts
Decays only drop hulls
Hovers only drop componet parts.
etc., etc.

Add tech and add comp parts drop off of the Y's and DoY bots?

(What I was looking for in this idea, is that instead of the way people now camp MB, CRP, Gambian Mine, Gaya 1 - hunting for rares, they are forced to spread out their search hunting across the whole wasteland for their rare. They would be forced to hunt against fire, poison, energy, xray damage and "earn" that rare. Make it more quest like.)

-p

A damn nice idea:D Maybe if KK Implemented this kinda thing, maybe more peeps would hunt

Disturbed021
20-08-03, 00:13
Originally posted by Maarten
Could work... But I think a change like this is too big to ever be implemented. I suggest cleaning up the rarepool from useless rares.

Yup, that would be the only drawback....what to do with all the rare parts people have currently?

I mean if you are one part away from building your HL or have the parts and are waiting for your favorite constructor to login and they change all your parts to generic parts and you need to find a BP, you're gonna have some pissed off ppl.

But, I still think its bloody brilliant tho!
Rated 5 stars!

Sleawer
20-08-03, 00:30
Damn good idea.

5 stars.

Omnituens
20-08-03, 01:45
good idea, but i think it needs more separation

core, comp, tech.. etc of Heavy Weapon
core, comp, tech.. etc of Rifle
core, comp, tech.. etc of Melee
core, comp, tech.. etc of Pistol
core, comp, tech.. etc of Modifier
core, comp, tech.. etc of Tool (stealth, mecha gloves etc)
core, comp, tech.. etc of PPU module
core, comp, tech.. etc of APU module
core, comp, tech.. etc of Drone

55 different parts, enough to keep the rares under control, but just enough so you can actually GET the rare.

edit: 165 acually, forgot to multiply by 3 for L, T and E versions.

edit2: maths is off coz some dont have L, T and E versins like drones.

Marneus Calgar
25-09-03, 23:12
5 stars baby.... GREAT ONE

MAFIA-Biggin
26-09-03, 06:04
GREAT IDEAS

this would make a very nice way to add new rares seeing as you dont have to try and find all 5 or 6 parts to your new rare out of the 300 other parts there already are.... then you just have to find the type of mob that drops the parts you need and find the BP

EXCELLENT IDEA!