PDA

View Full Version : Great, that [curse]ing problem is back...

ZoneVortex
19-08-03, 21:10
Once again, like the problems many people were having last week, when I log on with _any_ of my characters on Saturn and/or Pluto, they get past 'synchronizing' but they have 50 hp, no levels, and no items, are stuck in a white synch, and can't move.

I've relogged like 23706 times and it doesn't unlock them.

Anyone else having these problems again?

t0tt3
19-08-03, 21:12
its a new DoY feature.... be reborn do a reroll :p

btw ZV long time i saw you ingame :D

"keep ingam" bla bla bla

sorry -N

ZoneVortex
19-08-03, 21:14
heh what's up t0t....yeah i've been playin' on saturn with my friend from beta who recently came back - malek - but anyways....I WANT TO PLAY NC!!!! *twitches*

Any explanation on these problems? Are they server related? We were thinking they were ISP related since it was mostly people in northern california who were having this problem, but I don't see an explanation for that.....

Helen Angilley
19-08-03, 21:15
Neocron isn't the only game to be suffering from these problems.

Pretty much anything and everything on the 'Net right now is having some sort of difficulty.

ZoneVortex
19-08-03, 21:17
Originally posted by Helen Angilley

Pretty much anything and everything on the 'Net right now is having some sort of difficulty.

Woaaaaaah.

Ok, everyone picture.....a world.....without the internet. Just do it. Yeah, that means t'internet too. But wooooaaaah...*dreamy music*

Weazel
19-08-03, 21:18

*cough*Huge generalisation that can not only not be true, it cannot be proven*cough*

And now for a solution to your problem ZV, are you a single machine connected to the net? Or do you go through a hub or a router, etc?

If you could list in detail your network setup, but mroe importantly any recent changes to your system. If you haven't changed anything since you were last able to play NC then perhaps you are right and should contact your ISP. Those helpful chappies will be more than happy to say "technical difficulties" then hang up :)

[edit] Helen does it seem like that to you? Because perhaps its a problem with SHOCK HORROR! your computer :p

Helen Angilley
19-08-03, 21:21
Originally posted by Weazel

[edit] Helen does it seem like that to you? Because perhaps its a problem with SHOCK HORROR! your computer :p

I'm not the only one with Internet problems.

Plus why would all these problems, in various games and on various websites, strike on the same day when, up until that point, all was running perfectly?

ZoneVortex
19-08-03, 21:23
Yeah I go through a hub/router but I haven't changed anything since the last time I was able to play.

However, when this problem was reacurring a week ago, it was about 8-9 other people atleast in my area who had the same problems for as long as I did, so it quite possibly is ISP related.

If you were having these problems last week and aren't in the Northern California area, could you post?

[Edit] Ok Helen and Weazel, don't start a non-constructive arguement in this thread please o_O

Helen Angilley
19-08-03, 21:25
Originally posted by ZoneVortex

If you were having these problems last week and aren't in the Northern California area, could you post?

I was.

Not on games though, it was mainly to do with the 'Net itself (Kept connecting at crappy rates, slow loading, Internet occasionaly refusing to respond...etc) but it's only in the last couple of days I've had problems inside of games.

Updated my security as well, in addition to running the anti-Worm thingies.

ZoneVortex
19-08-03, 21:27
Were you having the specific problem I described up there with Neocron? Or just general uncalled for lag

Chaplin
19-08-03, 22:05
As far as i understand it, it is mainly a paket-loss problem.. Unfortunately NC is very sensitive to that.

DarkPhoenix
19-08-03, 23:13
Yep Im getting this too again.

5 Stars

kurai
20-08-03, 00:31
Once again, like the problems many people were having last week, when I log on with _any_ of my characters on Saturn and/or Pluto, they get past 'synchronizing' but they have 50 hp, no levels, and no items, are stuck in a white synch, and can't move.

I've relogged like 23706 times and it doesn't unlock them.

Anyone else having these problems again? Yep.
I was getting this immediately after patch #187 (and before any of the Blasta Worm nonsense arrived).

The only way I've found to work around it, when it happens, is to allow a second or so between login steps.

i.e. User ID . . . pause . . . password . . . pause . . . Enter . . . pause . . . select server . . . pause . . . select character . . . pause . . . Next . . .

cracky
20-08-03, 00:46
SOMEBODY IS HAXING THE INTERNET RUN FOR YOUR LIFE BUT YOU CAN'T HIDE IN THE INTERNET SO YOU MUST MAKE AN INTERNET FIREWALL BUT YOU COULD USE AN ICEWALL IF YOU ARE PROFICIENT IN ICE MAGIC INSTEAD OF FIRE!

IT IS THE RISE OF THE MACHINES YOU MUST ALL WATCH OUT FOR THE TIME IS COMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DonnyJepp
20-08-03, 01:26
I logged into my researcher and the only thing in his inventory is a plain ol' rocket launcher. :eek:

Back to emailing the helpdesk again.

This is on Saturn and I'm in Colorado.

ZoneVortex
20-08-03, 01:33
Originally posted by DonnyJepp
I logged into my researcher and the only thing in his inventory is a plain ol' rocket launcher. :eek:

Back to emailing the helpdesk again.

This is on Saturn and I'm in Colorado.

No don't bother with helpdesk. Just relog a buncha times and all your items will return.

I've gotten in a couple times today but it's still really fooked.

neophotographer
20-08-03, 01:34
Originally posted by cracky
SOMEBODY IS HAXING THE INTERNET RUN FOR YOUR LIFE BUT YOU CAN'T HIDE IN THE INTERNET SO YOU MUST MAKE AN INTERNET FIREWALL BUT YOU COULD USE AN ICEWALL IF YOU ARE PROFICIENT IN ICE MAGIC INSTEAD OF FIRE!

IT IS THE RISE OF THE MACHINES YOU MUST ALL WATCH OUT FOR THE TIME IS COMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:wtf: right.............. :lol:

cracky has anyone ever told you that you're odd?

Stacey

Psycho_Soldier
20-08-03, 01:34
Imagine now, with this upcoming patch where your password isn't gonna be saved how much of a pain in the ass it will be to relog like that.

Helen Angilley
20-08-03, 01:35
A router in London (Y'know...that little English village) went down.

Would explain why some people suffer from these problems and others don't.

ZoneVortex
20-08-03, 01:36
Originally posted by Psycho_Soldier
Imagine now, with this upcoming patch where your password isn't gonna be saved how much of a pain in the ass it will be to relog like that.

No thanks I'll try NOT to think of that.

And FYI KK, doing that isn't gonna stop people from hacking account info, that has nothing to do with how they do it.

Helen Angilley
20-08-03, 01:39
No thanks I'll try NOT to think of that.

And FYI KK, doing that isn't gonna stop people from hacking account info, that has nothing to do with how they do it.

Why do people assume that "security" immediatly means hacking attempts?

There were _lots_ of "Oh my fiend/cat/dog used my account while I wasn't looking/washing/exercising and they deleted my character with all the MC5 chips/rares/money" stories as well, y'know.

ZoneVortex
20-08-03, 01:40
Why do people assume that "security" immediatly means hacking attempts?

There were _lots_ of "Oh my fiend/cat/dog used my account while I wasn't looking/washing/exercising and they deleted my character with all the MC5 chips/rares/money" stories as well, y'know.

Well then give people a CHOICE to have account info saved.

I personally have no one else in the house who touches this computer, so it's just a lose-lose situation for me and for many people.

DonnyJepp
20-08-03, 01:40
Originally posted by Psycho_Soldier

I have already unsaved my password to get in the habit of typing it in. I can keep the keyloggers off my box if KK will please keep my password out of the registry. I already have to type my complex passwords in 600 times a day at work, typing one in another 20 times a night won't hurt me.

@Zone everytime I relog the character I have LESS stuff :eek:

DJ

Xypher
20-08-03, 01:41
I'm in upstate NY on didly-f**k dialup and I've been getting this problem recently. (Direct dialup, modem, Zonealarm keepin me safe) As in the last 1 week or so I've had to log in like 15+ times before I got my "real" char. So i've been putting it up to blasterworm slowdown. I have experienced it intermittently ever since beta (yeah the real one) but never so bad I had to log in more than twice.

ZoneVortex
20-08-03, 01:41

@Zone everytime I relog the character I have LESS stuff :eek:

DJ

Er yeah ok give helpdesk a shot :lol:

Whiety Bulger
20-08-03, 01:45
You have to restard your comp and ai thing radom pings from blaster is fux0rring everything.

FBI
20-08-03, 01:50
I have caught the disease of Synchron. There is no escaping this
contagious disease, I will leave you with a photo of a man who
has fallen to it's evil:

http://www.waaazup.com/p/uploads/shotdsfsdfsdffdsd0084.jpg

All you can do is log off and RUN. Never log in because Synchron
will get you and your children.. MUHHAHAhHhhahaahh!!!!

edit: forgot to say im on pluto and can't get on at all :|

ZoneVortex
20-08-03, 01:51
Yep, that's the good ol' screen.

DonnyJepp
20-08-03, 01:53
Er yeah ok give helpdesk a shot :lol:

Thus my problem. Do I email helpdesk and risk that Steven will roll me back to before I completed those 50 holy heal BPs and bought all the chems and parts for them, or do I cross my fingers and hope the root cause is "internet congestion" and that eventually my stuff will just come back of its own accord?

FBI
20-08-03, 01:55
Thus my problem. Do I email helpdesk and risk that Steven will roll me back to before I completed those 50 holy heal BPs and bought all the chems and parts for them, or do I cross my fingers and hope the root cause is "internet congestion" and that eventually my stuff will just come back of its own accord?

id wait for it to clear up, seems temporary to me

Psycho_Soldier
20-08-03, 02:00
Ok. I logged onto my friend's account that was having this problem, and everything seemed fine. He has also been experiencing connection issues lately so that could be it.

bibliotequa
20-08-03, 02:04
Ive been getting this all year, but after a few relogs it fixes, course i moved right before retail started, and dsl and cable arent available in my area, though dsl is comming november 6 :D anyway... it may be an isp problem or something, maybe due to packet loss like some1 said.

cracky
20-08-03, 02:12
IF BY ODD YOU MEAN I HAVE SEEN THE FUTURE AND AM WARNING YOU OF THE FUTURE WHICH YOU CANNOT AVOID SO YOU MUST DESTROY YOUR OWN FUTURE TO LIVE IN THE PRESENT OR ELSE ALL WILL END AND THE PAST WILL RESUME

Hippieman
20-08-03, 02:22
IF BY ODD YOU MEAN I HAVE SEEN THE FUTURE AND AM WARNING YOU OF THE FUTURE WHICH YOU CANNOT AVOID SO YOU MUST DESTROY YOUR OWN FUTURE TO LIVE IN THE PRESENT OR ELSE ALL WILL END AND THE PAST WILL RESUME

You sure write some of the most fucked up stuff i've seen on these 'ere forums.

neophotographer
20-08-03, 02:31
Originally posted by Hippieman
You sure write some of the most fucked up stuff i've seen on these 'ere forums.

I agree. he should come to my forums. I can give him a nice white room and straight jacket. :lol:

Stacey

Hippieman
20-08-03, 02:36
Originally posted by neophotographer
I agree. he should come to my forums. I can give him a nice white room and straight jacket. :lol:

Stacey

How can he go there, when theres a broken link to it in your sig?

/sex

nonamebrandeggs
20-08-03, 02:36

12 Monkeys is a goood movie.

kurai
20-08-03, 02:40
A router in London (Y'know...that little English village) went down.

Would explain why some people suffer from these problems and others don't. It might seem a likely candidate at first glance, but in reality it's vanishingly unlikely to be the real cause of the problem.

Firstly - no way of determining where an actual router problem lay, from outside Level3's network.
There isn't a single Level3 cable route between London and Hamburg - it's a private virtual circuit (PVC) travelling via LINX (London), BNIX (Brussels), AMS-IX (Amsterdam), a private transit though Dusseldorf then finally the Hamburg facility. The problem could have been anywhere along this chain.
All we, as outsiders, can see are the public endpoints of the PVC.

Secondly - Someone from Berlin was having the problem. He's coming via an entirely different route.

Thirdly - all the links and interrconnects will have automatic backup routes and circuits, and automatic update propagation. Any simple router or linecard failure would be compensated for within minutes. Usually seconds. That's pretty much the point of the internet :D

Fourthly - if it was a long term low level chronic problem (lets say for arguments sake, caused by the Blaster worm) then you would clearly see increased utilisation, latency, ping times and packet loss in carrier & peering stats. This simply isn't the case for the vast majority of the internet, and specifically not for this section of it.

(Can you tell I do this sort of stuff as a living ? ;))

Anyway - the short response:-
No - it's not the fault of Teh IntarW3b specifically.

As an educated guess I would say it's something like the login servers handing the incoming client over to the game servers, and losing a packet or two along the way.

FBI
20-08-03, 02:40
Originally posted by nonamebrandeggs
12 Monkeys is a goood movie.

12 monkeys is fucking confusing, he sees himself as a kid
watching himself in the future die... WTF?!@?@?@?

my brain, can someone give a length answer to the movie 12
monkeys..it will hurt me if i dont know the truth

kurai
20-08-03, 02:43
Oops. Guess who hit the "Quote" instead of "Edit" button

Helen Angilley
20-08-03, 02:45
Originally posted by kurai
It might seem a likely candidate at first glance, but in reality it's vanishingly unlikely to be the real cause of the problem.

Firstly - no way of determining where an actual router problem lay, from outside Level3's network.
There isn't a single Level3 cable route between London and Hamburg - it's a private virtual circuit (PVC) travelling via LINX (London), BNIX (Brussels), AMS-IX (Amsterdam), a private transit though Dusseldorf then finally the Hamburg facility. The problem could have been anywhere along this chain.
All we, as outsiders, can see are the public endpoints of the PVC.

Secondly - Someone from Berlin was having the problem. He's coming via an entirely different route.

Thirdly - all the links and interrconnects will have automatic backup routes and circuits, and automatic update propagation. Any simple router or linecard failure would be compensated for within minutes. Usually seconds. That's pretty much the point of the internet :D

Fourthly - if it was a long term low level chronic problem (lets say for arguments sake, caused by the Blaster worm) then you would clearly see increased utilisation, latency, ping times and packet loss in carrier & peering stats. This simply isn't the case.

(Can you tell I do this sort of stuff as a living ? ;))

Anyway - the short response:-
No - it's not the fault of Teh IntarW3b specifically.

As an educated guess I would say it's something like the login servers handing the incoming client over to the game servers, and losing a packet or two along the way.

So much for ignoring me, ya stupid bastard. :p

But yes...it was just a guess I threw out. A lot of people I know, both on the 'Net and "IRL", are having similar problems to me...and they don't play EVE, Neocron or Counterstrike.

While it might not be due to a Router going down, I wouldn't lump the blame all in one place.

Hippieman
20-08-03, 02:45
Oops. Guess who hit the "Quote" instead of "Edit" button

Ooo this is a toughie. Let me guess, you?

+1 (Spamming is fun)

nonamebrandeggs
20-08-03, 02:55
Ooo this is a toughie. Let me guess, you?

+1 (Spamming is fun)

+1

kurai
20-08-03, 03:04
So much for ignoring me, ya stupid bastard. :p

But yes...it was just a guess I threw out. A lot of people I know, both on the 'Net and "IRL", are having similar problems to me...and they don't play EVE, Neocron or Counterstrike.

While it might not be due to a Router going down, I wouldn't lump the blame all in one place. I had to specifically click on "This person is on your Ignore List. To view this post click [here]".
This is a (mostly) factual rather than opinion/argument based thread, so I thought you might actually have something worthwhile to add for a change :p

Anyway - back to the issue.
Yeah - I can see how it might seem an obvious problem area if you aren't arse deep in this stuff day in day out, considering everything else that's going on, but further investigation showed it's simply not the case.

Simple congestion/packet loss doesn't explain it either - that has a different set of symptoms, and can be easily detected.

This specific issue really does seem to be local to KK's systems/networks.

I'm not out to bash KK vindictively - just trying to narrow the field of potential problems so that they have a hope of finding the real issue and fixing it without wasting time on irrelevancies. ;)

Helen Angilley
20-08-03, 03:12
I had to specifically click on "This person is on your Ignore List. To view this post click [here]".
This is a (mostly) factual rather than opinion/argument based thread, so I thought you might actually have something worthwhile to add for a change :p

Anyway - back to the issue.
Yeah - I can see how it might seem an obvious problem area if you aren't arse deep in this stuff day in day out, considering everything else that's going on, but further investigation showed it's simply not the case.

Simple congestion/packet loss doesn't explain it either - that has a different set of symptoms, and can be easily detected.

This specific issue really does seem to be local to KK's systems/networks.

I'm not out to bash KK vindictively - just trying to narrow the field of potential problems so that they have a hope of finding the real issue and fixing it without wasting time on irrelevancies. ;)

Well, just discovered why EVE's server has been acting funny....a network attack, probably some sort of pathetic revenge attack.

Ah well, like KK, CCP quickly acted to sort out the problem and things will stabilise soon.

Just need to figure out what's wrong with NC and CS now. o_O

Arcadius
20-08-03, 03:26
Total Recall>12 monkeys

neophotographer
20-08-03, 03:31
How can he go there, when theres a broken link to it in your sig?

It isn't broken. make sure you can visit php sites though because apperently it has some conflicting problems with routers and firewalls.

All of my clan can see the page just fine and I have no probs going to it. beh. anyhow keep tyring. :)

/no sex for Hippie

Stacey

DarkPhoenix
20-08-03, 03:37
Originally posted by Arcadius
Total Recall>12 monkeys

What he said. :D

Anyway, I'm still having troubles. And I would like an offical statement for this, cause this is the second time its happened.

Hippieman
20-08-03, 03:41
Originally posted by neophotographer
It isn't broken. make sure you can visit php sites though because apperently it has some conflicting problems with routers and firewalls.

All of my clan can see the page just fine and I have no probs going to it. beh. anyhow keep tyring. :)

/no sex for Hippie

Stacey

Now its workin. Eh

*stealthes and runs behind Stacey*

*SEX*

ZoneVortex
20-08-03, 03:43
*stealthes and runs behind hippieman*

*SEX*

Anyways it seems to be better now than it was earlier today.

cracky
20-08-03, 04:00
ALL OF YOU WILL BE TOTALY RECALLED WHEN THE DAY THAT IS COMING COMES WHICH IS

THE RISE OF THE MACHINES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bosk
20-08-03, 04:49
I just logged my char onto Pluto. It was messed up as per the original post.

I then logged my char on Saturn. It was also messed up as per the original post.

wtf? It got better before, so I feel confident it will get better again, but I restate the question. wtf?