PDA

View Full Version : Psi Implants

bibliotequa
19-08-03, 20:06
How about a backbone to give us PSI POWER and INT since so many ppl complain giving ppw mst and/or apu/ppu will make us overpowered, it will help us get closer to the heavy belts since our int gain is so damn slow and some of us just cba to train it past 85 or so, and it can help us get that little bit closer to pa4, and how about an eye that gives a bit of psu and mst ( psu will just help rof a tad, and the mst will free up some points under PSI POWER for ppw or apu/ppu, cause unlike tanks we have to distribute our main stat into 3 categories, sorta reminds me of spies... but they have implants to help them out)

Eledhbrant
19-08-03, 20:12
YES! Psi eyes and backbones please!

t0tt3
19-08-03, 21:17
Originally posted by bibliotequa
How about a backbone to give us PSI POWER and INT since so many ppl complain giving ppw mst and/or apu/ppu will make us overpowered, it will help us get closer to the heavy belts since our int gain is so damn slow and some of us just cba to train it past 85 or so, and it can help us get that little bit closer to pa4, and how about an eye that gives a bit of psu and mst ( psu will just help rof a tad, and the mst will free up some points under PSI POWER for ppw or apu/ppu, cause unlike tanks we have to distribute our main stat into 3 categories, sorta reminds me of spies... but they have implants to help them out)

ppw backbone would be just fine of the gimped APU pool ^^
Now when hybrids are gone why tweak so APU:s has below 300 pool w/o DS thats sucks ^^

So yes put in more psi imps!

Helen Angilley
19-08-03, 21:23
Yes, Arcadius needs a spine. Arf. :D

ZoneVortex
19-08-03, 21:26
Duhhhh it's called Enhanced Nerves or whatever. Gives +5 int.

And explain the logic to me of a BACKBONE giving psi power? Uhh.....

It makes sense for a bone enforcement to increase dexterity or strength, but there's no logical thingy for it to increase psi power o_O

Unless it was...a gerbil......:confused:

Tratos
19-08-03, 21:26
Eye and backbone deffinetly needed!!

Arcadius
19-08-03, 21:49
Originally posted by Helen Angilley
Yes, Arcadius needs a spine. Arf. :D

rofl

bibliotequa
19-08-03, 21:58
No, i mean a backbone to give INT and PSI, explain the reasoning behind a backbone giving you more int O_o if anything, it keeps your backbone free from touching your nervous chord so your brain supplies your body with information faster than usual and therefore your PSI level increases, your body works in more harmony, i dont know, just invent any bs its a game :p chemicals in the backbone could be responsioble for it for all i care, its the 28th century or something

Progenitor
19-08-03, 22:01

KK has already said in the powerarmor sticky they want us to be able to use PA3 with imps and PA4 with imps+drugs.

What we need out of a backbone is at a minimum +PSI level. +INT level would help, but as others pointed out, there exist INT based backbones. Going along with other imps, it would probably add a bit of ppu as well.

If they go with the standard level lvl1 +1/ lvl2 +3/ lvl3 +5 it would be nice.

That way, for those of us without a DS, we don't have to have a DS or drugs to use PA3.

Now if they had experimental backbones along with the normal backbones, those could add ppw maybe even mst, but there would be negatives associated with it. Probably -STR, maybe tra as well. It would probably have to be different enough from the exp controlers - no reason to have two imps that do the exact same thing, just one a chip, the other a backbone - although I need to look through the other classes imps to see how close the existing backbones come to existing chips - Advanced Movement Controler's and Balanceadvancer's do have simular stats as backbones, so it would be fair I guess. So that would probably be -DEX, since the PA has negative CON affects.

It also would probably be counter productive to use both exp controler and exp backbone as the combined negatives would hurt.

A backbone makes sence, in that it would help monks align their psychic abilities, along the lines of the advanced nerves affecting INT

If you look at the existing eye implants, a PSI based implant would probably give (a/p)pu and psu

-p

bibliotequa
19-08-03, 22:21
Well i said +PSI and +INT because some people *coughs* tanks *coughs* may complain if apu or ppw is added aside from the +PSI, since its a backbone "No way, now teh monkehs will be unstopable, they can cap dmg, run fast, point and click, and never run out of pool, omg nerf nerf they can beat me in pvp now, though i have 1000 times more health/resists" And yeah, it would be cool if an eye could give some psu, and mst or apu/ppu

Progenitor
19-08-03, 22:44
Well i said +PSI and +INT because some people *coughs* tanks *coughs* may complain if apu or ppw is added aside from the +PSI, since its a backbone "No way, now teh monkehs will be unstopable, they can cap dmg, run fast, point and click, and never run out of pool, omg nerf nerf they can beat me in pvp now, though i have 1000 times more health/resists" And yeah, it would be cool if an eye could give some psu, and mst or apu/ppu

Well except for the PSI Core, none of the PSI based implants add INT, so I would rule +INT gain out.

Except for the existing chips, and the addition of an Eye implant, I can't see another implant that adds the (a/p)pu. It wouldn't be in line with the other implants in that category.

But all of the implants need to be looked at. Of all of the Experimental * 3 chips, the PSI based one is the only one with -5 to STR and -20 to the subskill negative. All the others have -3 and -15 and our subskill is -20 to for, something we need, whereas the rest have -15 to a subskill they wouldn't be specing for anyway.

-p

MayhemMike
19-08-03, 22:56
psi backbones & eyes > you

Disturbed021
19-08-03, 23:32
yup, would be kewl to add those.