PDA

View Full Version : BrainPort - Random Events

Progenitor
19-08-03, 19:15
Just to give people something different to do then the normal leveling tredmill.

How about some small random events?

Doesn't have to be anything elaberate.

1) The game randomly picks a faction - Faction A. Then spawns some number of enemy faction - Faction B's guards inside of FactionA's HQ. Say maybe 3x the number of guards that are normally inside of the HQ. Then spam a message across the two factions private chat channels

At least for the server population that is hostile to Faction A, they can join the Faction B guards in a bit of carnage. For those allied to Faction A, they get to defend their Faction HQ.

Do it every couple of hours with different factions.

2) The game picks a random OP. Then spawns a bunch of mutants or enemy faction guards inside and around it. The game sends out a message on the clan's channel and the attacking factions channel - the clan can call for help if they want. Once every 15 minutes, the game automatically breaks down one of the hacks on the OP. If it gets all three, the OP become ownerless and the GR gets locked to faction only of the spawned MoBs - imagine a mutant owned OP - nobody can GR into it.

Again, at lease the allies of the two sides can have some fun

Do it every couple of hours with a different OP.

3) Pick a random abandoned sewer/storage/undergound that is in the city. Spawn a large number of DoY bots in it. When the neebies start dieing in their leveling spot, they will let the rest of the server know and they the City Faction can go and clean out the DoY infestation.

Or, instead of DoY bots, some other high level MoBs - then all factions can participate in clearing out the leveling spot.

Gives both the capped players and neebies something to do. Plus the neebies would get to team with some of the capped players and get to know them better.

I'm sure other can come up with better ideas and it can't be that hard for KK to add in. Heck, even a GM could randomly do it.

-p

Nullifidian
19-08-03, 19:21
Excellent idea.

I think simple events like this could even be done manually very very quickly IMO. What I mean by that is that GMs could create these events NOW without any code changes whatsoever.

Progenitor
19-08-03, 19:30
Originally posted by Nullifidian
Excellent idea.

I think simple events like this could even be done manually very very quickly IMO. What I mean by that is that GMs could create these events NOW without any code changes whatsoever.

Except for the hacking of the OP - I assuming that the GM's can't override the 3 differnet person hacking rule. Or can they?

-p