PDA

View Full Version : By the way..

Helen Angilley
19-08-03, 18:00
....all the lag, synching problems....etc that have been happening lately aren't exclusively Neocron's problem.

A _lot_ of games have been suffering from them over the last few days.

Eddie
19-08-03, 18:07
Do I hear you admitting Eve suffers from all the problems NC does and so you're coming back?

Eddie

Helen Angilley
19-08-03, 18:09
Originally posted by Eddie
Do I hear you admitting Eve suffers from all the problems NC does and so you're coming back?

Eddie

I clearly said EVE has similar problems to Neocron. ;)

Plus I never left in the first place, contrary to what a lot of people thought/flamed about/used as a point of attack. :lol:

jernau
19-08-03, 18:09
Good to know and hardly surprising with all the nonsense last week. I assume you are mainly talking about EvE - has anyone noticed any changes in other games?

Relevant and a bit odd : http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=11086

Elric
19-08-03, 18:11
My clans DoD server has been having Laggy spikes for the last week too, not the only one too. Doesnt affect things "too" badly since everyone gets hammered by it at the same time, but its still a pain in the ass.

:edit: why the f00k did i hit quote?

Helen Angilley
19-08-03, 18:13
Originally posted by jernau
I assume you are mainly talking about EvE - has anyone noticed any changes in other games?

Yeah, pretty much, although I've frequently run into absurd problems with Counterstrike that I never had before. o_O

Simply put, EVE is fairly stable (Think Neocron on a _very_ good day) but it just suddenly went poof! And people are CTD'ing left, right and centre. CCP doesn't even know what the heck went wrong.

Just thought it was relevant to post here because a lot of people have been complaining/bitching/whining about Neocron's recent lack of stability.

\\Fényx//
19-08-03, 18:15
Its prolly cause of the blaster virus, the way it spreads is by random pinging, and thats been causing alot of lag.

Elric
19-08-03, 18:17
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
Its prolly cause of the blaster virus, the way it spreads is by random pinging, and thats been causing alot of lag.

Yer dead on the money buddy.

\\Fényx//
19-08-03, 18:18
Originally posted by Elric
Yer dead on the money buddy.

My worst time is arounf 7pm to 10pm. my net lags to fuck, doesent matter when im loading, games or sites, i get around 70% packetloss 8|

Original monk
19-08-03, 18:21
same with counterstrike/firearms, heavy lag so i cant search decently for any servers

Elric
19-08-03, 18:23
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
My worst time is arounf 7pm to 10pm. my net lags to fuck, doesent matter when im loading, games or sites, i get around 70% packetloss 8|

not really a coincidende that thats the heviest computer usage times for the world. Americans and canadians getting home from school / work, UK sitting down to chill out after work and home stuff, other parts of the world logging on to check emails etc when they awake or getting into work.

like i said, it aint a coincidence.

Helen Angilley
19-08-03, 19:29
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.welchia.worm.removal.tool.html

'nother Worm.

Supposedly linked to lag and what-not.

redjacket
19-08-03, 19:55
im seriously tired of this worm shit...

one of the comps here (fool turned off auto update without telling me...) has blaster or welchia or some other RPC effecting worm and it nails up 8 meg out our connection... quality...

Nasher
19-08-03, 20:46
Its not just worms clogging up the internet, its all the spam mail flying from server to server too :( (which btw is being made illigal in the UK in the next few years :D )

Tregard
19-08-03, 21:48
You're going to get even more tired, redjacket. Another virus appeared today, SoBig-F. Unless your A-V is updated today it goes right past existing scanners. I know, I've already had it show up here.:(