PDA

View Full Version : Beware of Virus

viralghost
19-08-03, 15:17
I just wanted to let you guys know about that MBlast virus thats goin around - I managed to get it this mornin cos ma antivirus was outta date and i ended up doin a clean format.

It definitly messes ur system up so check for it ppl.

RuButt
19-08-03, 15:18
yeah, Microsoft just spammed my hotmail to the limit (53kbs above the limit.) with warnings of a virus!

ericdraven
19-08-03, 15:20
Originally posted by viralghost
I just wanted to let you guys know about that MBlast virus thats goin around - I managed to get it this mornin cos ma antivirus was outta date and i ended up doin a clean format.

It definitly messes ur system up so check for it ppl.

It does not really mess up much, there are much worse virii around. However, you come late, the virus is around since the 11th. :p

G.0.D.
19-08-03, 15:36
my favourte virus ever goes as following (presume u reaching this in a email)

Warning!: The virus Tsavage has been infecting thousands of systems in the last week, anti virus software does no detect it. the virus works on a timer; infecting a system then 30 days later damaging it beyound repair! go into C:/windows/ and if there is a file name security.exe delete it imediantly!

-Microsoft damage control team

(the security.exe isnt the real file, i forget it. but by deleting it the hacker can easily gain access and do some real harm)

its just classic!

Archeus
19-08-03, 15:48
Original one doesn't cause much damage.

There is already variations of it though.

- One that patches your machine, removes the MSBlaster and updates your machine then moves on.

- One that trashes your hard drive.

- One that seems to do a wide LAN ping attack (currently experiencing it now, not infected but internet connection has slowed to a crawl).

Darkborg
19-08-03, 16:00
thank god for my antivirus program my firewall my auto updaters. ETC etc .

on second thought i think i'll feel very unprotected if i ever venture away from my computer:eek: