PDA

View Full Version : Ideas to increase PPU offensive posibilites

xkorpio
19-08-03, 15:08
I said posibilities, not power.

Is already know that PPU is very hard to level because he need to be boosting around to gain a good amount of xp, so I thougt a new kind of spell that would make the ppu some fun:

Polymorphing: This spell, in his different power versions, will polymorph the PPU into a beast of Neocron, this could be a guide:

- Wolf
- Swamp Warrior
- Hopper
- Terror Mauler
- ???

Maybe even a powerful or rare version that transform the own PPU into a Soulcluster like the ones found in caves.

While the PPU is into this state, some skill should be seriously reduced, also, a drug to remove prematurely the effect should come aside with this spell.

Anyone like it?

Original monk
19-08-03, 15:11
i wonna polymorph into a dead drom :P

and yeah i like the idea but then ya can do a littlebit damage and PE's gonna whine again on the forums and we get nerfed and nerfed and nerfed, well anyways it sound good, i wonna polymorph into a glider, thats neat

btw i voted for the deadanimalsoption, wich isnt a deadanimaloption (so it says) :P

Original monk
19-08-03, 15:15
<------ delete this post please i couldnt delete it, first time this happens to me, doublepost

Arcadius
19-08-03, 22:29
No, they should have ZERO offensive abilities.

Any "exotic" spells like polymorphing or whatnot should be a THIRD psi school.

Drake6k
19-08-03, 22:32
Originally posted by Arcadius

I agree

SovKhan
19-08-03, 22:32
that would have a 30% reduction on both apu and ppu right.
laf.

hnlecter
19-08-03, 22:50
I agree PPUs should have zero offencive.

SovKhan
19-08-03, 22:52
you cant take away my holy parashock bolt. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO =) only way i can do anything if no ones online to team with.

Maarten
20-08-03, 00:12
Sounds cool for a fantasy game... (Diablo II anyone?)

But it just doesn't fit into the world of Neocron.

Ascension
20-08-03, 00:17
Originally posted by hnlecter
I agree PPUs should have zero offencive.

Yes they do and should have Zero Offensive

Exactly, either that or give the APU sum defensive:rolleyes:
if A PPU is bored enough they could go out and kill sum 1 with para and a SC, and thts classed as offensive, But and APU has no Defensive:o

bet sum 1 flames me now:( or i get "NERF"

Arcadius
20-08-03, 00:44
PPus have low health, but not such bad defense.

Ste-X
20-08-03, 00:50
arc thats a lie

ppus have more hp than some spys/pes

Arcadius
20-08-03, 01:02
Originally posted by Ste-X
arc thats a lie

ppus have more hp than some spys/pes

rofl

APU I meant. hahaha

JediMasta
20-08-03, 01:27
Originally posted by Original monk
PE's gonna whine again on the forums

Damn straight ! PPU's should have no offense AT ALL, and SC's should be taken out of the game. (And dont call me a whining pe who doesnt understand monks, I played a monk for about 9 months before i rerolled to a PE.)

In fact, just today i got ganked by a PPU using an assault rifle for fucks sake ! With dmg boost he was doing about 30 dmg per burst to me, plus i was holy para'd, whereas my damage capped pure piercing pain easer was doing about 16 dmg per burst to him ! Thats just the ultimate in lamess :mad:

CryptoChronic
20-08-03, 01:29
i really like that idea it sounds so sexy.... but i think ppl would complain that ppus are too strong.... maybe if your not aloud to use buffs wile transformed ..

Whiety Bulger
20-08-03, 01:32
It's sad enough that it takes 10 ppl to kill a capped ppu we dont need them to fight back now do we.

Arcadius
20-08-03, 03:22
Originally posted by CryptoChronic
i really like that idea it sounds so sexy.... but i think ppl would complain that ppus are too strong.... maybe if your not aloud to use buffs wile transformed ..

No damnit, PPus already got enough damn toys.

CR@SH
20-08-03, 04:40
Ok firstly do you have any idea what PPU means?

Passive PSI Use.

Defenition for passive =
Definition: [n] the voice used to indicate that the grammatical subject of the verb is the recipient (not the source) of the action denoted by the verb; "`The ball was thrown by the boy' uses the passive voice"; "`The ball was thrown' is an abbreviated passive"
[adj] lacking in energy or will; "Much benevolence of the passive order may be traced to a disinclination to inflict pain upon oneself"- George Meredith
[adj] (grammar) passive voice
[adj] peacefully resistant in response to injustice; "passive resistance"

Synonyms: inactive, NONVIOLENT, passive voice, PEACEFUL, resistless, supine, unresisting .

Ok now that we got that out of the way. Lemme just say that i do think ppu's need a boost to leveling but they should not be given anymore offensive capabilites other than what they already have. They should start recieving XP for healing and also damage boosting.

Lanigav
20-08-03, 11:00
Basically what CR@SH said, only I also think SoulCluster should be given an AI boost for monster hunting.

Itth
20-08-03, 11:22
Originally posted by CR@SH

Synonyms: inactive, NONVIOLENT, passive voice, PEACEFUL, resistless , supine, unresisting ..

yeah :P nerf yeh ppus so they cant defend themselfes

Original monk
20-08-03, 11:26
DONT nerf ppu's, nerf apu's they do way to much damage :P

and so the story continues :P

]v[ortice
20-08-03, 11:41
I think this is a great idea. In fact it's possibly the best Idea for a while.

If anyone's voted no to this poll I haven;t seen a decent reason why you've said no yet. If I see another definition of Passive I'll kill someone aswell lol :P

Why don;t you guys try and define Passive PSI Use?

Just because we can't use a spell to harm others doesn;t mean we can't change our form. The damage you would do If you changed to an animal would be melee or projectile and not PSI. As far as i'm aware PPU's are allowed to use Melee in this game and you nerf bat wielders haven't campaigned to take that away from us YET. The Spell itself would not harm you you muppets.

Think of the advantages of changing your form!

Maybe you could fly like a Vulture or run like a Wolf Etc.

This Idea has bags of potential for exploration.

I mean... even if it was introduced as a low level spell, something to help younger PPUs level, because that is a real bitch imo, teaming properly for the first 20 levels is almost impossible.

At the end of the day, a wolf isn;t gonna kill ur character and I feel a lot of people were quick to dismiss this idea, as i mentioned above, for the wrong reasons! It would probably give me some reason to play this game again.

5 stars!

Entity (PPU <--- of the defined sense)

Sleawer
20-08-03, 14:44
A class who cannot be killed by normal means, and in most cases need an army to chase them, _should not_ have any kind of offensive power.

If you improve the offence of ppu's, then you will have to add harsh drawbacks in their deffence.

zanzan
20-08-03, 14:49
@Sleawer, or u can just cast a basic heal on them and see how there magic goes

Sleawer
20-08-03, 14:53
My apu cant cast heals. And is sad that my apu, which counts with in theory the ultimate weapon against shields (holy antibuff), is less effective than a TL-3 heal.

I hope you are not serious telling me that ppu's should have offence because they can be n00b healed.

Helen Angilley
20-08-03, 15:27
Originally posted by JediMasta
Damn straight ! PPU's should have no offense AT ALL, and SC's should be taken out of the game. (And dont call me a whining pe who doesnt understand monks, I played a monk for about 9 months before i rerolled to a PE.)

In fact, just today i got ganked by a PPU using an assault rifle for fucks sake ! With dmg boost he was doing about 30 dmg per burst to me, plus i was holy para'd, whereas my damage capped pure piercing pain easer was doing about 16 dmg per burst to him ! Thats just the ultimate in lamess :mad:

:lol::lol:

Congrats to the Monkey, he knew what he was doing.

:lol::lol:

P4mp3rk3
20-08-03, 15:48
Originally posted by JediMasta

lmao!!! :lol: :lol: :D funniest thing ever!!

and no, I don't like the idea, ppu's are good as they are....:cool:

]v[ortice
20-08-03, 15:59
NEWS BULLETIN

PPUS ALREADY HAVE OFFENSIVE POWER!!!!

I only need to shock you, damage boost you and belt shite out of you with my laserblade and your dead.

PPUS CAN HAVE OFFENSIVE WEAPONS

The issue at hand is...

PASSIVE PSI USE

If PPU's weren;t meant to be able to hurt anyone they would have made a class called PASSIVE, but they haven't! So all we have to contend with is the class PSI MONK.

KK Want all monks to choose between Passive and Aggressive PSI USE. If you read my earlier thread, this spell that our good man Xcorp has dreamed up is PASSIVE. By casting this spell you cause no-one any harm directly so by definition it is PASSIVE.

Regardless of whether we like it or not PPUs can kill other runners it is a game fact. Each PPU is capable of wielding, pistols, cannons, rifles, drones etc. The fact of the matter is that because PPU's are the most protected class people don;t like it when they are killed by them.

I have a PPU with PSI 103. I am capable of casting.. Holy buffs and Level 3 resists etc. I still die ffs. I'm not invincible!

This idea has a great deal of potential as i've hinted at before. You could use the MOBs advantages to your advantage. Instead of stealth you have camouflage you could quite simply scout out an OP before you raid it masqueradiung as a little scorpion or fly high above it as a vulture.

I think what you guys are scared of is that we could morph into the most powerful enemy ever to spawn in the game and kill everyone......... THE DRAGONFLY!!!!!!!!!!111111111111

I would really like to see something like this introduced, with obvious disadvantages like... the spell cancells all buffs and lasts for only a period before you would have to re-cast.

I STILL HAVEN'T SEEN A GOOD REASON WHY PEOPLE HAVE VOTED 'NO'!

Entity :P

PS: Cos u've got a nerf bat and an itchy nerf bat finger is not a good reason.

PPS: Neither is just reading the topic and voting NO because it had 'PPU' and 'increase' and 'offensive' in it

Sleawer
20-08-03, 17:19
The reason that there are flaws regarding the offensive power of ppu's, is not a valid argument to justify the increase of offensive in a class which holds the best defence in the game.

In my opinion a class with such defence should not have any kind of attack. Period.

I do not want to enter in the descriptions of passive or agressive, or the meanings of those words by webster... I use the simple logic, a char which needs an army to be taken down if played properly, and in similarity of ranks or even lower (most times lower rank since ppu's need more time to cap) it cant be killed in a normal fight involving various chars against the ppu, should not have any resource to attack or start a fight against any other class.

Too much is ppu's dealing damage with parashocks, and having so devastating effects in a fight, to want now add offensive habilities aswell. No other char can turn a battle in the way a ppu does; so be reasonable and do not try to get offensive power along the way, because you will face the same problem as 2 patches ago... Hybrids.

You can write in capslock or bold, but the idea will be still the same. An apu monk cannot use his psi use to get defence, or to recover lost health, hence we use medkits; however for some weird reason a ppu can use his psi to deal damage (parashocks), to amplify it (damage boost), or even summoning a dumbass mob with connected AI with npc's (soulcluster). This is the flaw.

A ppu monk using assault rifles or sub machine guns? well, that's their choice, they use a different skill to deal the damage, not psi.

That's why some of us are asking for adding tools with more healing power and removing the damage from ppu spells.
Either that or add a healing spell to apu's, because accept it, medkits are the equivalent in offence to punching someone to death.

I have heard very valid reasons of why people voted No, if you are blind to not see beyond your arguments, it doesnt means that you are in possesion of the truth.

If the ppu gets offensive power, then he has to face a big drawback in his defencive role. I agree that passive is not necessary defensive, but at the moment passive psi users hold that role, making with it a difference in any situation. Change the role, and then you will have to change everything in the ppu archtype.

thewarrior008
20-08-03, 19:12
ahahaha...
lol
i dinot bother to read the whole post but i can tell u tata ppu can KILL ANY GIVEN CLASS (except an pother ppu) EASILY
for example: a tank : u para him dmg boost him pul out ur 5 sloted tl 5(10 or wateva) para bolt with freg 105 and bolt him to death.... the same thing with ANY CLASS spies,PES,APus.

SO NERF THE PPUS

P.S.: i have a psi 95 ppu on saturn and tats wat i know bout em .... NERF EM

Oath
20-08-03, 19:20

I agree with that too, dnd stylee as it was, and yeah im a little late in reading this thread but i like arc's idea and TBH PPUs HAVE offensive capabilities.....Soulclusters? Holy Paralysis (Anoying as SHEET) Damage booster anyone, for a defensive class they can do a lot of damage with those clusters if used right.

And no dont nerf the PPU or the spy or the apu or anything else simply fix the bugs / server dmg delay (calculation) / Lexxuks dead drom fascination.

oath.

kbmg
25-08-03, 10:04
Originally posted by Ascention
Yes they do and should have Zero Offensive

Exactly, either that or give the APU sum defensive:rolleyes:
if A PPU is bored enough they could go out and kill sum 1 with para and a SC, and thts classed as offensive, But and APU has no Defensive:o

bet sum 1 flames me now:( or i get "NERF"

Ohhh yeah defencive apu would rock like a fireshield<does damage to monster in melee when hit>

or lifedrain drains some of oponents hp into you. obviously none of these would compare with the ppu's stuff as far as defencive quality but with all the apu/ppu separation to avoid hybrids i feel has kinda cheapened the monk experience. and i like the idea of exotic spells maybe make it available for both ppus and apus. based on highest skill.

although the way its going next thing you know youll make apus and ppus totally diferent classses thats the only way to avoid hybriding really is making ppus incapable of apu and vice versa.

i can see it now ppus keep curent stats and apus get psi and con maxed < then we wouildnt need healing> and the spells depend on psi and a conbased psiuse. one is focuing intelect to energy the other lifefore into energy.

or jst give the apus some defences and both of them some fun spells. polymorph...invisability...teleport

ok nerfers SPAM away!!!

xkorpio
25-08-03, 10:11
Originally posted by CryptoChronic

That is the idea, you are a strong, mindless monster while the spell polymorph is activated

Is more oriented to allow the PPU do solo missions a little better, this spell should not have great PvP capabilities, other than "My good, a big monster!!! *runs away*"