PDA

View Full Version : [Brainport] Revert GenReps to previous setup

athon
19-08-03, 14:55
Hi all,

Since the new GenRep system was introduced, I noticed a marked decrease in OP battles and a marked increase in large alliances owning all the OPs.

The reason this happens is because:

The large alliances now find it really easy to take all the OPs. They just run round the map taking all the OPs one by one. You could possibly even call it 'Ninja Hacking', but they usually have a large enough force to split into multiple groups and fend off any attacks which are put up.

If you try to take an OP back, they just send a large force to take it back from under your nose and kill anyone they find.

If you try to get up an alliance to fend them off of OPs, you end up just running in circles chasing after them.

There's no way to get all your allies to OPs quickly any more, and even if you do, you are immediately divided into 2 groups because the owning clan goes underground.

I believe that had these settings been tested on the test server, this would have been forseen and they wouldn't have been implemented. As it turns out, the retails servers ended up doing that job.

I hvae since stopped playing for a while due to the fact that OP wars, one of the main reasons I played, were no fun anymore, you spent a whole night running around trying to defend OPs and achieving nothing.

Therefore I propose that GenReps revert to the old system where anyone can genrep anywhere at any time.

Athon Solo

Smugly
19-08-03, 22:46
Nah... I still think we should have gotten the promised new GR's that would have lead to us still being able to get around the world. Frankly, I'd rather see them than the reintroduction of the old system. Even the introduction of say, three strategically placed open access GR's (I'd suggest Battledome, Race track and the old Greycore outpost) would massively alleviate the current problem facing certain players.