PDA

View Full Version : What do you consider the "rarest" rare part

Kain
19-08-03, 13:27
Hi all,

I've been playing this game since January, and rares collecting since February (with a break during May).

Most nights my Clanmates and I spend at least 2 hours hunting rares, to the point we have 500 or so rare parts and plenty of "whole" rares.

But during that time we have never found a single:

Pain Easer - technology

part, but we have 4-5 of every other PE part. I also noticed that most of the people wanting to buy PE parts on the trade channel are after the tech part.

Just wondered if this phenomenon is:

a). Restricted to me
b). Restricted to Uranus.
c). happening to YOU

Or if you have another "rarest" rare let me know!

regards

Kain

Server: Uranus
Clan - -SoL-
Characters:
th0r - capped PE gimped for rares hunting
OddJobs - Researcher and rares trade
Joshua Kain - Constructer / drones (first char, locked and lost in a dark cupboard)

CarniFlex
19-08-03, 13:38
change the area youre hunting. i noticed i got lots of duplicates of same stuff when hunting same area alot.

Try asking those who gets the pe tech part what mob they hunted :)

jernau
19-08-03, 13:42
Rigger Interface :rolleyes:

Ste-X
19-08-03, 13:45
DS comp

i need that part sooo bad

Lethys
19-08-03, 13:48
I've found that the rarest is frame of SF.

I spent 3 weeks hunting WBs and spamming trade, then Nexx gave me it for free :)

GT_Rince
19-08-03, 13:53
Yeah - change what and where you hunt.

I have tried this. Hunted W/B's for 2 days, got parts researched. Hunted Fire Mobs for 2 days, got parts researched, hunted Hovers for 2 days, got parts researched.

There was a real difference between the drops. The W/B's I found had more spell parts, the fire mobs, more rifle / guns and the hovers, more Melee than the other 2.

Draw your own conclusions from that :)

ericdraven
19-08-03, 13:53
Tech of PE seems to be very rare, indeed. At the moment i have none of it and considering that i have 1300+ parts this seems to be a good proof. :)

On the other hand - because it really seems to be rare many people want it, i think i traded it three times in the last two weeks.

And i don't think the hunting spot has something to do with the type of parts you find. 99% of my time i hunt at the same spot and i got all possible parts, so this can't be true.

/EDIT: And yes, the Special Rigger Interface is for sure the most rare part at the moment. o_O

Nexxy
19-08-03, 13:54
DS tech, always the last part needed.

JiNxY
19-08-03, 13:58
jernau has it right,

i think you'll all find the riggers interface is the hardest rare to find in the whole of neocron.

Lethys
19-08-03, 14:07
Originally posted by JiNxY
jernau has it right,

i think you'll all find the riggers interface is the hardest rare to find in the whole of neocron.

Nobody likes a smart-ass :D

Kain
19-08-03, 14:08
Eric,

What kicked off this thread was the fact I went to your rares sight in the hope that you of all people would have one for trade!!

Must have spent the last four weeks trying to get hold of one on the trade channel.

Ended up buying a complete, which is unfortunately explosive modded so is ok for mob hunting.

I do get some large duplication of parts from only hunting WB's but seems to be limited to only 3 or 4 different parts. (holy catharsis sanctum - ATP being the largest on about 12 I think)

Can't comment on the MC-5 rares status having never been there :p

So looks like I'm off to post in the graveyard that is the "blackmarket forum".......

Kain

EDIT: Lethys, yeah I find SF - frame the hardest part of that chip to find, but since I've completed 2 SF's in the last month I can't compare it to the PE - tech. But if you have a spare one I need it to complete the latest chip :lol:

ericdraven
19-08-03, 14:14
Kain, i don't watch the trade channels 'cause people mostly spam there all the time (actually the only custom chats which are turned on are zone and faction).

However, i don't think it will be a problem to find another tech part of PE, just check out my list reguarly. :p

LTA
19-08-03, 14:37
psi core frames :o

ElfinLord
19-08-03, 14:40
The hardest rare part for me to find, is always the one I want the most.

ElfinLord

ericdraven
19-08-03, 14:45
Originally posted by ElfinLord

ElfinLord

That's rather a psychological problem. :p

Delloda
19-08-03, 14:47
we've been finding ds hulls quite elusive....only found 3 the rest have been traded for.

ElfinLord
19-08-03, 14:49
Originally posted by ericdraven
That's rather a psychological problem. :p
But at least I always find it in the last place I look.

random hero
19-08-03, 18:25
Originally posted by Ste-X
DS comp

i need that part sooo bad

Weird, I find the DS comp to be the most common of all MC5 parts, at one point I had 5 of that particular part.

leethasbro
19-08-03, 21:00
Originally posted by ElfinLord

ElfinLord

You can't always get what you want.

But if you try sometimes, you just might find...

ya get what ya neeeeed.

;) :eek: 8| :D :) :cool: :o ;) :confused: :eek: :p o_O :angel:

FBI
19-08-03, 21:37
i've got 5x of PE tech

sold a couple this week.

Sokaris
19-08-03, 21:44
my rarest of the rare parts seems to be the one that i am currently searching for at the time because whenever i need a part that i am looking for i can find everything but that one part. Then i decide i am going to find this part which i have seen people selling the last few days all of a sudden i can't find those..