PDA

View Full Version : Not even safe at home

Flea
19-08-03, 04:11
Allright, i just got a spraycan flamer made, so i went into the aggie den and killed some aggies with it, much fun. Suddenly a cityadmin capped tank comes and shoots me in the back with a clip of CS. I manage to escape the den and i said "fuck this im going to canyon" and he said "you do that" so i teleported to canyon and then found him shooting me with speedgun. So i ran around the entire place trying to get away from him, he is shooting and killing me in MY OWN OUTPOST, and he isnt damaged much less SHOT AT by my own TG guards that dont give a shit that there's a cityadmin killing its members. I ran outside where the guards attack enemies on sight and was killed by him, right in front of the guard. The guard proceeds shooting him, doing 10-15 damage per shot (most tanks have 500 health or so) and he runs back to the gr without greater problems.

This is really sad.

Scikar
19-08-03, 04:17
Well, as a TG you shouldn't really be levelling in NC. But the problems with bases happen to every faction, especially the guards at MB also do very little. The best thing you could have done is to GR to your apartment. If you find CA in the canyon again then you can usually expect some help if you send a message in faction chat. Unlike CM, TG are quite good at expelling enemy runners. :)

VirtualReGen
19-08-03, 04:21
dude flea, next time shout in faction channel man, ill be glad to help you out bro =}
Pluto right? =}

Beefheart
19-08-03, 04:25
I've noticed recently a few city admin masters in their copbot armor have taken to patrolling the aggie cellars, warning away and keeping out any faction that seems red to them. I know that it is easier to level in the city as TG though as there are just more places and a greater variety of stuff to kill. If the shoe was on the other foot and city admin was at cycrow, they probably wouldn't even get a warning before being killed.

It seems though like the guy in question in your story went too far and took it personal by following you to the canyon (god knows this game has enough people in it walking a razors edge of sanity) but in all seriousness, keep your LE in a while, level to your hearts content in the city and then when you remove it, make sure to kill that guy every chance you get.

Flea
19-08-03, 04:28
i was rank 54/59 :) i was shooting them for fun =0

anyway i did shout on faction and nobody did anything

Xian
19-08-03, 05:55
Originally posted by Scikar
Unlike CM, TG are quite good at expelling enemy runners. :)

The last attempted raid of TG I was on, the guards had absolutely zero problems with opening fire on CM runners once they are close enough.

Also, straight inside TG, you have guards absolutely everywhere. When we first marched in there we reached a 'choke point' with about 10 guards in one place, and more seemed to be spawning on top of them.

CM have trouble because our guards are all blind, we have to step out of our apartments to a TG staring at us in the face, the guard having no problem whatsoever with him being there. Every single time I've walked past or near a TG guard, he's started shooting me in the ass. So we don't have it quite as easy as you.

StryfeX
19-08-03, 08:32
Originally posted by Xian
CM have trouble because our guards are all blind, we have to step out of our apartments to a TG staring at us in the face, the guard having no problem whatsoever with him being there. Every single time I've walked past or near a TG guard, he's started shooting me in the ass. So we don't have it quite as easy as you. :lol: Tell me about it...not to mention that the guards do jack shit damage with their pansy-assed gatlin rifles. Shouldn't they be using at least gatlin cannons if not a plasma cannon?

--Stryfe

Archeus
19-08-03, 08:33
Flea, if you get hassle like that. Mention it on the Faction channel that a CA is in Cayon on their own.

Also mention thier name. Failing that report them on OCC as a Pk'er

Mankind
19-08-03, 09:20
Don't you worry sir.

In the very next patch, they are making it so factions cannot teleport to a genrep that are hostile to them.

Ex: People who are from TG cannot teleport to the city, people who are from the city cannot teleport to the canyons.

Good luck :)

MortuusLupus
19-08-03, 09:32
how'd you get a combat rank of 54 with a spraycan flamer? Or did you just not wait for it to drop down?

Helen Angilley
19-08-03, 11:48
You complain about CityAdmin being in the Canyon yet bitch about being pushed out of Neocron when you're a Twilight Guardian?

Er, right. o_O

Promethius
19-08-03, 12:03
Well, as a TG you shouldn't really be levelling in NC. But the problems with bases happen to every faction, [i]especially the guards at MB also do very little.[i/]

are you kidding? When was last time u were hit by MB guards....they do loads with those gatlin rifles.

Promethius
19-08-03, 12:06
Originally posted by Mankind
Don't you worry sir.

In the very next patch, they are making it so factions cannot teleport to a genrep that are hostile to them.

Ex: People who are from TG cannot teleport to the city, people who are from the city cannot teleport to the canyons.

Good luck :)

well...makes the outposts worth even more. =) Well do the copbots shoot onsight now..?

Also i think he really wasn't complaining about the CityAdmin being there jsut the guards doing 10 dmg and/or not shooting. IMO they need to beef up the TG guards jsut a tad

Helen Angilley
19-08-03, 12:07
Originally posted by Promethius
are you kidding? When was last time u were hit by MB guards....they do loads with those gatlin rifles.

Then how come my old Spy character, wearing Battle Armour 3, was able to survive, incredibly easy in fact, running from the MB's GR room to outside the base _while_ under fire.

I only died after taking a quiet moment to heal myself...a capped Tank shoved his CS in my face and pulled the trigger.

Eh.

Promethius
19-08-03, 12:08
Originally posted by Helen Angilley
Then how come my old Spy character, wearing Battle Armour 3, was able to survive, incredibly easy in fact, running from the MB's GR room to outside the base _while_ under fire.

I only died after taking a quiet moment to heal myself...a capped Tank shoved his CS in my face and pulled the trigger.

Eh.

Well the from my raids at MB at countlesss times i recall teh Gaurds being quite effective. Of course u can run to the next room for safety but standing next toa gaurd for 5 secs (underfire) is gunna put a nice dent in up HP...if not dead.

ericdraven
19-08-03, 12:11
Well the from my raids at MB at countlesss times i recall teh Gaurds being quite effective. Of course u can run to the next room for safety but standing next toa gaurd for 5 secs (underfire) is gunna put a nice dent in up HP...if not dead.

Well if you stand next to a guard for.. 5 seconds.. well.. ehm.. stupidity? :p

Promethius
19-08-03, 12:25
Originally posted by ericdraven

lmao...i kno that but I'm jsut sayin that the MB gaurs shouldn't be taken to litely.

Scikar
19-08-03, 15:34

First, the guns hurt you because you don't have any resist force. :p

And second, they have to actually shoot those gatlin rifles to hurt at all.

And Helen the guards don't open fire on you if you just run past them. They only shoot if you stick around, but you say you were running. Therefore it's more likely a runner was chasing you and trying to shoot you, which won't have been so successful. Also bear in mind spies get plenty of free str points for resist force.

VirtualReGen
19-08-03, 18:01
HAHAHAH

StryfeX
20-08-03, 04:08
Erm...gatlins take *time* to do lots of damage. And 5 seconds of standing still getting shot at with any of the top level gatlin weapon is definately going to hurt... no matter *what* your level.

--Stryfe

enablerbr
20-08-03, 04:21
.....Also bear in mind spies get plenty of free str points for resist force.

plenty of points to spare. hmmm... someone must have nicked all my free points then cause all i have is 25 force resit and 100 transport. i only have 25 force cause of n00b lowbie tanks lvling with grenade launchers / AOE weapons. in small closed off areas.

Bosk
20-08-03, 04:42
That CM guard at the MB always gets me dead as soon as I rep in with my BD runner cause my lag = the sux. It's impossible for me to get out of the GR room alive. My char is a 43/67 droner with zero force resists so I expect to die if I'm stupid, but lots of people lag. That guard shouldn't be posted so close to the GR.

Smugly
20-08-03, 05:02
On the contrary I call for even more Guards by the MB Gene Rep. Ultimately, if your a faction hostile to the City Merc's there should be no possible way you can get in without an entire army at your back, because that's what you should effecitvely be taking on.

bounty
20-08-03, 05:09
bosk:wow another droner, god bless you (i drone too) what server you on?

Bosk
20-08-03, 05:35
@Smugly - That CM guard is camping the GR plain and simple.

@Bounty - I drone on Pluto. I agree we're becoming a rare breed, so its always cool to hear someone else admit <cough> confess <cough> I mean choose being one :p

It's a fun weapon to wield

Xin
20-08-03, 18:06
Originally posted by Flea
i said "fuck this im going to canyon"

Why did you do that? You asked for it. The only thing that you could've done worse is say "Fuck this, I'm going to the canyon, and my poison and fire resists are really low, and my mouse sticks when I scroll right, and I tend to always strafe right when first attacked."

lol

Promethius
21-08-03, 15:23

Well for one thing when i was thinking of the 5 seconds i was thinking while fighting not just lounging around havin a chat with the guard. Such as on a day we feel like raiding MB a few of us go there and well...kill people. Every now and then you come across a group of mid - high lvl players who dislike ur presence and try to stop u. Usually if there low lvls they got a PPU with a parashock all warmed up. So wel thers ur 5 secs. =P Also MB has doors so that takes time to open as well.

ericdraven
21-08-03, 15:33
Why do you answer to my reply twice, with two days inbetween? :p