PDA

View Full Version : Anti Pking Idea

viralghost
19-08-03, 02:51
I have an idea to slow down all these idiot pkers. Don't get me wrong I don't mind bein pked every now and again but lately I am being ganked in every place you can draw a weapon and to be honest it's beginin to get on my nerves.

Here is the idea :

When you kill someone you get what you might call a fine depending on the chars lvl you just ganked

10000 for under lvl 20
8000 for 20 - 40
5000 for 40 +

This way ppl would start to think about who and why they are doin this to ppl, obviously those ppl with stupid ammounts of cash won't care, also if you do not have the cash to pay the fine you would go into minus kinda like a bank overdraft any money put back into your account would have to pay for the negative amount on your cash. anyways I would like to see comments and fill in the poll.

Vampire222
19-08-03, 02:59
magic hint:

LE!!!!

Sleawer
19-08-03, 03:01
*sigh*

I dont agree with your idea, it wont solve anything. What Neocron needs is a system which allow players to deal with players problems and the pk system... not more magical features like the 5 items drop.

viralghost
19-08-03, 03:02
Why the hell should i keep havin to gett Le chips made to put in whenever i go into pp or cm, u kno how long those things take to come out its ridiculous.

Anyways its just an idea and i think it would benefit the lower lvls mostly.

Like I said i aint really that bothered so long as ppl do for a damn reason not just cos they can !

Also unlike my forum rank I am a base rank 48 without imps and such.

BlackPrince
19-08-03, 03:03
Heres an idea: For every 24 hours (Real time) you go without Pking someone half your rank, you lose 10 levels in your highest rank.

{MD}GeistDamnit
19-08-03, 03:05
honestly the cure for mass pking is some story and content and events. which is lacking, add the increased crashes, forever syncing and u have fustrated capped players.

Sleawer
19-08-03, 03:11
GeistDamnit came with a real idea, that's one of the main reasons for random pk, the lack of content and roles, works, things to do at capped lvl's.

Please refrain to suggest ideas which would kill the PvP aspect of the game. We have to accept it, it's a part of the game, what we have to do now is learn a way to deal with it in a reasonable form.

If you want a fair idea, read my sig, the third line of it. Read all the thread.

viralghost
19-08-03, 03:18
I revoke my idea i like Sleawer's way better - check his 3 line in his sig

Mr Friendly
19-08-03, 03:30
this is an RPG, ur living as if u actually live in neocron. muggers & theives exist here. PKing is the same as a random mugging, wrong time wrong place

hnlecter
19-08-03, 03:31
PKers are rich or have rich players that go with them. As posted get a fricken LE. Soullight is already a pain to regain what more can you want? No PVP at all?

viralghost
19-08-03, 04:51
r u even readin my posts, i aint really bothered its more to help the lower lvls and as i sed i disregard my idea look in the other replies for a better idea mentioned.

hivemind
19-08-03, 05:32
Welcome to my ignore list viralghost.

Psychoninja
19-08-03, 05:44
Keeping your LE out is a chance you'll have to take if not keep it in. KK isn't tryint to have the game revolve around anti PKing, if it did no one would be able to kill each other.......

Why does everyone think pkers are such dumbasses and it's carebares making such stupid topics like these.

Enough has been done to prevent random PKing and griefing.

Psyco Groupie
19-08-03, 05:46
ALL THEY WOULD HAVE TODO IS GO HUNTING THE TARDS WHO STILL HUNT AT MB WITH NO MONEY .. ta daaaaa blah balh balhabalhlahlablalhlalbalhlabah

bibliotequa
19-08-03, 05:53
i havent seen pkers in ages... not like the real ones that used to play (*coughs* H.A.T.E.) though they are coming back, just not at full strength again, but though i was happy at first when they left, shortly after i noticed theyre what made the game fun, hearing about a pker in the mb, going to hunt him down, etc... once all the anti-pk patches came out, they got bored and left, and then i got bored, along with all the anti-pkers, please dont release yet another nerf =-o

XenivouS
19-08-03, 06:07
If you dont want to be ganked please keep the LE in. Nuff said'

VetteroX
19-08-03, 06:34
pking rocks, the LE should be eliminated. Im leveling a noob pe on staurn all day today and havnt been attacked once. Im at mb , nobody bugged me. you people cry too much. As soon as i cap though im gonna pk like a maniac.

Drake6k
19-08-03, 07:13
Originally posted by hivemind
Welcome to my ignore list viralghost.

ditto

CAREBEAR!!!!!!11
er... I hate your idea. 8|
LE chip is there for a reason. There is no xp loss really. Put it in and you cant be killed. Amazing. <sigh> I'd quit the game if shit like this was added.

f8l3rr0r
19-08-03, 07:54
I am going to say this once, and I hope you get it the first time, try and stay with me now...

Newb.

viralghost
19-08-03, 08:01
Are you people even listenin no.....

well here it is again for the 3 or 4 time i forget

I DON'T CARE IF I GET PKED

It was just an idea, I was bored and I thought I would post an idea all you ppl had to say is it's crap or not even post you don't have to keep tellin me to put my LE chip in - I got 5 of em in my app - I don't put one in cos I DON'T CARE IF I GET PKED.

But one thing I have noticed is that half of u who have posted in this thread r high level or capped bored kids who have nothin better to do than skank money of ur mom or dad to play neocron just to gank every one.

Now I am going to say this one more time even tho I have said it nuf times already

f8l3rr0r
19-08-03, 08:06
Originally posted by Psychoninja
Enough has been done to prevent random PKing and griefing.

At this time, a stray bullet(Probally from my gun) is spiraling towards your skull from a random shot into the air(I swear it was random..) so look....... *Splat -- Psychoninja is now selecting a GR*......out for it....

Hayato
19-08-03, 08:09
All the people that say put your LE back in remember this is a game based around clans, and with out one your are on a hard road (what i like to call "LE Life") so dont say put your LE in cause then they are gimped to hell ...

f8l3rr0r
19-08-03, 08:09
Originally posted by viralghost
It was just an idea, I was bored and I thought I would post an idea all you ppl had to say is it's crap or not even post you don't have to keep tellin me to put my LE chip in - I got 5 of em in my app - I don't put one in cos I DON'T CARE IF I GET PKED.

Well here's an idea, why don't you PAY each of us depending on our ranks for having to read your stupid idea's. Now go hang yourself with your mouse cord.(Yes nin I do listen to you after you were playing CS nub.)

f8l3rr0r
19-08-03, 08:10
Originally posted by Hayato
All the people that say put your LE back in remember this is a game based around clans, and with out one your are on a hard road (what i like to call "LE Life") so dont say put your LE in cause then they are gimped to hell ...

Then go to a store, buy a gun, and shoot yourself.

or Quit the damn game.

Lucky Sparks
19-08-03, 08:13
ok the problem is a lot of jerks get their jollies from pking newbs. Not level 45 or 50 newbs .. but level 3 -15

I have a screenshot of certain players killing a level 3 runner running thru pp 1 to get to sewers ...

I say this to all low level pkers .. you need to have some respect and get some courage and attack players high enough level to be somewhat of a challenge .... Im not saying commit suicide by throwing yourself at a capped player but dont kill level 3 's thats the problem with pkers .... always looking for the easy kill to boost their ego's .. sad .... :confused:

oh also people keep bitching about why people arent playing neocron .. its because they get a 10 day trial and everyone kicks the crap out of them ...

Its a harsh neocron world but only because most of the server is capped and bored.

Psychoninja
19-08-03, 08:14
The game is based on PvP.

nuff said.

btw how did the old neocron beta motto used to go?
You'll never die alone or something?

f8l3rr0r
19-08-03, 08:16
Originally posted by Lucky Sparks
I say this to all low level pkers .. you need to have some respect and get some courage and attack players high enough level to be somewhat of a challenge .... Im not saying commit suicide by throwing yourself at a capped player but dont kill level 3 's thats the problem with pkers .... always looking for the easy kill to boost their ego's .. sad .... :confused:

As a PK'er I never look at rank or names, just shoot. Otherwise you end up dead.

Lucky Sparks
19-08-03, 08:18
Originally posted by f8l3rr0r
As a PK'er I never look at rank or names, just shoot. Otherwise you end up dead.

thats just lazy and fucked up .. im sorry but it is

f8l3rr0r
19-08-03, 08:18
Originally posted by Psychoninja
nuff said.

Stop using my lines newb.

Scikar
19-08-03, 15:57
Originally posted by Lucky Sparks
thats just lazy and fucked up .. im sorry but it is

So's ninja hacking.

greendonkeyuk
19-08-03, 16:24
Originally posted by Scikar
So's ninja hacking.

pwned. :D

seriously what is all the whining about pking.... i mean i havent been pked in years!!! the last person who pked me was hive..... and that was my spy when he was in the canyon one time, at around level 40ish (ive nr capped 3 other chars since then), he burst in and killed doc and me before we could react. i was more in admiration of his skill to kill 2 guys before they could get their guns drawn than squealing about dying.....

its true, the pkers do provide the capped chars something to do, when i hear about someone attackin my clan i normally go have a look whats going on, jus to see what im missing. its a buzz having a fight with other players, its the only buzz this game holds anymore. Just as biblio- betty (:p ) said, without the pkers theres little to get your blood going these days.

The lamers who are like 10483 levels above you and still insist on having a ppu with em to kill you are annoying of course but all you need to do is ask one of your capped, bored mates to go and kill them.... all he has to do is ask his capped, bored mates who are lounging around in plaza 1 to go along for sport and it gives a couple of capped, bored players something to do for 5 minutes....

Sleawer
19-08-03, 16:32
Originally posted by VetteroX

pking rocks, the LE should be eliminated. Im leveling a noob pe on staurn all day today and havnt been attacked once. Im at mb , nobody bugged me. you people cry too much. As soon as i cap though im gonna pk like a maniac.

Who are you in Saturn, VetteroX?

btw, have you read my soulight and status idea?

Phiberdelic
19-08-03, 17:31

This is not a game based around clans...I have been in 3 clans so far and to tell you the truth, I do a hella lot better without having a clan tacked on to my title. I get PK'd less cuz now instead of getting PK'd by enemy clans (both friendly factions and non), now its limited to only enemy factions (which rarely bother you). The LE was a good thing to put into place, I replace it regularly between my MOVE ON whenever I go to a hostile area. PK'g make this game fun, and put you on your toes, and as an UNCAPPED Spy I can say this. It adds to the intrigue of the game, now sure I DM the person that PK'd me cussin em out or askin for a re-match, but truly its all part of the RP.

If you can't stand the heat then ... blah, blah, blah

Cryotchekk
19-08-03, 18:33
rawr.

Whiety Bulger
19-08-03, 18:58
Bad idea this isnt the Sims it s a FPS keep ur LE in nuff said.

Helen Angilley
19-08-03, 19:22
How the hell does paying an absolutely _tiny_ fine end up drawing comparisons with The Sims? o_O

EDIT: Oh, and no, no Neocron is _not_ an FPS. It's a MMORPG with FPS elements...something a lot of people fail to grasp, let alone understand.

Scikar
19-08-03, 19:37
Phiberdelic, the situation with fighting allies and neutrals is mostly limited to Pluto in my experience. The only non-red people I've fought in recent memory were one Tsunami clan who seem to have something against ND (don't know the full story but they shot me so I killed them) and one member from a different Tsunami clan tried to help take one of our OPs, but we left it as a one off instead of immediately calling it an act of war and going to Pepper park to gank their tradeskillers. :rolleyes:

Shakari
19-08-03, 19:43
Originally posted by f8l3rr0r
Then go to a store, buy a gun, and shoot yourself.

or Quit the damn game.

How about coming up with a inteligent solution rather than those lame comments

Archeus
19-08-03, 20:00
There is already a fine on PK'ing. The PK'er drops 5 items or more when they die.

Sleawer
19-08-03, 21:41
That's not fine, that destroyes the criminal roles in this game, turning the red sl as a doom for people who do not watch their sl between pk and pk, instead making it a playable role.

Totally stupid rule imo.

hnlecter
19-08-03, 22:18
There is plenty of PVP on pluto. For a laugh we went on saturn yesterday with about 5 newbie characters and one 48/56 ppu monk. We nearly killed two tanks 38/46 the other one was a little higher and some APU monk. Not trying to be mean but I think saturn is a little soft.

While pluto people just run out and shoot people because it is fun.

VetteroX
19-08-03, 22:38
im not saying who i am yet on saturn, unless you wanna help me get a sf cpu ;) thats all I need now. People will figure out who I am when an unknown pe starts owning in NF.

Psychoninja
19-08-03, 22:44
If you're LE is out that early in your chars life, you're just asking to be PKed, if you join a clan that early, you're asking to be PKed, if you're stupid enough to go through PP while people are fighting or camping, you're asking to be PKed. If you're in a clan that pisses off alot of people by ninja hacking OPs, talking crap, or whatever, you're asking to be PKed.

Again if you don't like it keep your LE in, or go buy SWG. Sad enough if you're someone who complains about it so alot, maybe this isn't the game for you.

viralghost
20-08-03, 03:02
I found a few ways round pepper anyhows :

1 : I am a char that has no imps so before i leave ma app which just happens to b in pp i dump everythin in my gog the just run thru like a complete idiot and if i die... well i just gr to wherever i was goin, typheria for example then just go to gogo get ma stuff and I on my way.

2 : take the subway most pkers in pp tend to stick around pp1 cos its easier to gank ppl and I must admit when i cap my char i wouldnt mind a few mad run around shootins my self.

and there r 2 maybe 3 sub entrances in pp isnt there u can generall yget past most ppl if u kno where they hang out.

Ecept in mb thats just plain annoyin when ya gr into a bunch of enimies and they just turn on u.

Oh well back to lvlin and havin fun with ma mates - thats why i play nc... To Have FUN.

In fact the only thing that really annoys me r those damn Y Reps and their unrealistic range (well i think its unrealistic anyways) and not much of a chance to defend ur self when ya on ur own and ya walk\run\drive into the middle o 6 of em.

Tazo
20-08-03, 03:10
god, please, no more of those ideas... KK always tends to listen to the most carebear-ish ideas to implement...

besides:

there is the LE
-> the LE keeps you out of clanning
--> you dont need a clan if youre not about to PvP
---> LE = perfect thing for ya

Thane
20-08-03, 05:05
Originally posted by viralghost
Why the hell should i keep havin to gett Le chips made to put in whenever i go into pp or cm, u kno how long those things take to come out its ridiculous....

hmm, maybe coz that's the ideaof the game? :)
anyway, no fineswill stop PKing.... you just have enough money at a certain point. this wouldjust stop lowlevels from trying to PK to early, ifany effect at all...