PDA

View Full Version : Apartment transfer question

Pwnage
19-08-03, 02:43
I read something about this a while ago but I can't seem to find it.

Anyways, the question is:

I have a store bought apartment. I want to give it, and everything in it to a friend.

Can he just "use" the key and everything in the cabs becomes his? If so, is it confirmed? I wouldn't like losing 10 cabs full of stuff.

What would happen to this apartment if I was to delete my character? I remember there were issues where the whole apartment would be lost. Is that still the case?

Thanks for the help

Pwnage
19-08-03, 03:25
Hey blindey, check the announcment forum. :lol:

Anyways, here it is (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44395) if anyone else cares.

So what happens to all those people that bought a used apt from someone? I guess they're gonna get screwed eventually.

massic
19-08-03, 04:32
I think that Apt transfer warning in the Announcement thread is outdated. A buddy gave me his keys and I activated them all, then he rerolled and I gave him his keys back, he never lost anything even after he had deleted his character.

I think as long as someone else activates the key prior to the original owner deleting a char then the apt stays, otherwise you end up with a key that can't be activated and an apartment that no longer exists.

IceStorm
19-08-03, 04:52
Give the key to the other player. Have the person activate the key and change the password. Log both players out. Wait 15 minutes. Log both players in.

That should do it. The only real test left is to delete the original buyer's player from the database and see if it remains. I've read/been told that it does, but I don't believe it's happened to me yet.

nonamebrandeggs
19-08-03, 05:00
Why risk it? Why not just give him all the items, then give him the appt ^_^.

Arcadius
19-08-03, 05:02
Give it to me instead.

Shujin
19-08-03, 05:05
icestorm u dont gotta wait 15 mins ;P

give other person apt

that person goes into apt as it currently is.

goes out, gives it new pword, goes back in, and its his

IceStorm
19-08-03, 05:22
Originally posted by Shujin
icestorm u dont gotta wait 15 mins ;P
It's safer than saying, "wait until your character dissappears from the server"

give other person apt

that person goes into apt as it currently is.

goes out, gives it new pword, goes back in, and its his
This didn't always work, and I don't know if it does now. In the past you had to relog to get the password and cabinet ownership changes to take effect. That's what happened when I bought my used VR3 apartment so long ago (back when I only owned one other VR3).

Shujin
19-08-03, 05:24
its never failed me, and non my apts have ever disapeared after i delete a char, all i ever do is just give my alt char the apt, make sure i register it and then delete the char, never in teh time of retail have my apt ever been deleted

XenivouS
19-08-03, 06:13
When I re-re-re-rolled as the monk i am now I was about 15/9 or something like that and someone was throwing stuff out in plaza and i picked up the plaza 3rd lvl apt key activated it with no problems. Ive had that apt since about end of march, beginning of april and then in may i quit my account cuz i got bored. Then about 2 weeks ago I reactivated my NC account and everything was the same as i left it mid-may with cabinet contents and all:lol:

Crest
19-08-03, 10:43
Since KK have not purged their database of all old chars, they are still in the system, thats why you can use it.

When KK need the space, and kill off all deleted chars and their contents...

Bye Bye App

jernau
19-08-03, 11:39
Transfer can be done fine without a relog as long as you are not in the apt at the time. All items transfer fine.

Apts seem to die when the account is deleted rather than the character. I had an apt that vanished a few months after the original owner left (luckily I wasn't using it as I don't trust any apt I didn't buy). The lift works but the doors don't open at the top, you just get the doorbell.

GT_Rince
19-08-03, 12:25
I have rolled more times than I care to think.

Every times, someone holds my keys for me (including vehicles), regesters them (changes PW, etc), then when I get back in, I re-register them back to myself.

Never had any problems :)

ericdraven
19-08-03, 12:28
It works without any problems for me and it's the easiest way to transfer 300+ items within a few seconds. :)

G.0.D.
19-08-03, 12:29
ive used apts to transfer stuff.. when ive rerolled about 6 times... no problems...

Psychoninja
19-08-03, 12:31
Same, I've transfered keys with X all the time, rare apts and stuff.
Nothing gone wrong sofar.

Pwnage
19-08-03, 16:02
Originally posted by Crest
Since KK have not purged their database of all old chars, they are still in the system, thats why you can use it.

When KK need the space, and kill off all deleted chars and their contents...

Bye Bye App

Originally posted by jernau
Apts seem to die when the account is deleted rather than the character. I had an apt that vanished a few months after the original owner left (luckily I wasn't using it as I don't trust any apt I didn't buy). The lift works but the doors don't open at the top, you just get the doorbell.

That's what interested me even more. If at some point if I do cancel my account all my apts become useless. What pisses me off the most is the diamond epic apts I have (3) can't be used by anyone else because I "used" them to see if they were plaza or outzone.

Superbron
18-09-03, 10:31
Hm, So I am still wondering what actually the truth is. Can apartments be transferred without any problems or not. For the safe side of it I think I'll won't risk using a secondhand apartment.

Gotterdammerung
18-09-03, 10:45
I am speaking strictly from personal experience here, but I have transfered apartments from one character to another, with their cabinets filled with items and never lost anything. However, I have never done it where I transfered the apt and then deleted the original owning character. I'm pretty sure thats where the problem could lie and I have been told before to wait a day or so before deleting the original owning character. This would be problematic if you were buying an apt secondhand so be on the safe side and buy only new ones. A good barter can get you a great deal and it'll be cheap enough.

HighRiseDrifter
18-09-03, 10:52
My clan and I tried it on Pluto when I rerolled my char. We emptied my Plaza lvl 3 apt apart from a few odds and sods that weren't worth much and I gave the key to a clan mate and deleted my char.

When I rerolled and took the key back, it worked fine. All the bits were still in there.

However, I think he activated the key after I gave it to him

My mate did the same thing and I took his apt key and activated it. When he came back I gave him the key and that was fine too.

Worked for us, might not work for everyone.

(P.S. - I left the clan before doing all this)

Superbron
18-09-03, 10:58
Can some dev solve this riddle please?

MisterP
18-09-03, 11:50
Never had any probs at all transfering things like this...we normally give all apparment keys and vehicle keys (coz they wud be destroyed otherwise) to our mates, activate them immediately, re-role, pass back to activate and get ur appartment back, and all remains in tact.

G.0.D.
18-09-03, 15:54
Ive alwaysed changed the name they are registerd under aswell

just to be on the safe side :)