PDA

View Full Version : Buffs/Shelters/Deflectors failing to recast

FuzzyDuck
18-08-03, 22:41
Has anyone noticed that on your PPU monks sometimes your buffs fail to recast (i.e. you cast it and hear all the right sounds but there's no symbol at the bottom right of the screen or any effect to HP amount etc)? I usually just had to relog and it went away - so I lived with it, but I've just now died during a critical PvP fight with a well know n00b PK all because my shelter and deflector wouldn't recast, anyone have any tips for fixing it or getting around it? it's really starting to piss me off :mad:.

zanzan
18-08-03, 22:42
i have the same problem :\

Itth
18-08-03, 22:45
this happens to me when i alt-tab.

[TgR]KILLER
18-08-03, 22:47
yes it happends when u just went to windows and back ingame.. doesn't happen all the time.. but it does happen much..

u know my problem.. i got a 5 slot blessed def.. and loads of times it just don't want to cast :/

Tycho C
18-08-03, 22:48
Sometimes it is randome for me, but rarely. I almost always get it when I Alt-Tab.

FuzzyDuck
18-08-03, 22:51
I didn't alt-tab and I got owned :mad: - I think it might now be something to do with that server lag (spikey pings).

.Cyl0n
18-08-03, 22:52
yup i had the same with lag or alt tab... and it SUCKS..

.cy

Drake6k
18-08-03, 22:55
yeah it sucks. I just recast the buff between more alt-tabs, that usualy fixes it. I'm to lazy to relog... It's ok though. Before everything would go invisible or crash.

Opiate
18-08-03, 23:01
I have this a lot of times, wasn't really a problem with my PE or spy, but my PPU really hates it :(

Besides this one, I also have a lot of problems where I switch to a spell (using mouse scroll) and it just refuses to cast. I'll have to equip another spell first before I'm able to cast it

Carinth
19-08-03, 00:14
Yea it happens sometimes for no apparent reason, I never alt tab because that hangs nc for me. You hafta switch to a different spell and then return to the problem spell to get it to work properly. Similarly I recently died after a very long fight because my deflector refused to cast, I tried 3 times and nothing. Without buffs I'm one dead ppu : )

Omnituens
19-08-03, 00:24
when you alt-tab, it erases your buff client side, but not server side. so you cant recast until the server side buffs wear off.

i was experimenting while i was waiting for the scropion queen to spawn.

i had ALOT of time on my hands.

Barar
19-08-03, 00:28
Yeah

Def finding can cast but doesnt show up

Also sometimes wont cast at all till i change spells and back again

really annoying - Bugg ?

Dream
19-08-03, 03:11
Originally posted by Itth
this happens to me when i alt-tab.

And everyone else. A known bug thats been neglected for multiple patches.

Also, server lag can cause this.

Cyphor
19-08-03, 07:51
Think its due to lag as most have said and changing spells a few times seems to fix it, even worse though is when you lag up and come back with all buffs gone :( < heh norm closely followed by death if followed by the above situation , who said it theres nothing in the game to help people kill ppu's :D

deac
19-08-03, 09:11
rawr... omg I hate that... need to scroll up and down on my spell list.... before it works

ericdraven
19-08-03, 10:35
I think this happens when client and server are asynchronous.

Mainly 'caused by using ALT+TAB. The buff runs out on client side, but actually is still active. You can test it - for example a pistol boost runs out (on your client), but you still make the same damage to mobs. If you check your stats (F5) you won't see the P-C bonus, but it's still there. o_O

Some seconds (or even minutes) later the damage drops - that's the time when your buff REALLY wears off and also the time when you can recast it again. :p

Omnituens
19-08-03, 22:24
Originally posted by ericdraven
I think this happens when client and server are asynchronous.

Mainly 'caused by using ALT+TAB. The buff runs out on client side, but actually is still active. You can test it - for example a pistol boost runs out (on your client), but you still make the same damage to mobs. If you check your stats (F5) you won't see the P-C bonus, but it's still there. o_O

what i said, but with bigger words.