PDA

View Full Version : [Brainport] Parashock idea

ZoneVortex
18-08-03, 20:29
How about, we leave them ingame, but we slow the ROF down to say....8 per minute? That's about a capped holy rezz if you need a rough estimate of that ROF.

So what I be sayin is don't make the spell take as long as a rezz to cast, but give it that long in between casts.

That would....

a) make PPUs _think_ about who would be the best and most useful target to parashock

b) make sense because parashock spam has to be the stupidest, most annoying thing a PPU can do.

P.S. This is all referring to the spell of parashock.

However, I have noticed one issue with this, and that being that PPUs need to kill stuff for epics and the such, as well as when they need to do missions.

So then we....

A) Make soul clusters not so stupid and slightly stronger

B) Leave that TL 3 'parashock' spell, that weird one that doesn't parashock noticably and shoots the weird purple lightning bolt, leave that one the way it is so that PPUs can still kill things for missions considering that spell does the most damage and has the highest ROF out of any PPU spell.

zanzan
18-08-03, 20:32
what about rof to 80/min and mana cost to 66?the mana cost is more then a holy heal/shelter/deflactor so it CANT be spamed unless the ppu is utter stuiped

ZoneVortex
18-08-03, 20:34
Yeah, I suppose a high mana cost might be an improvement, but I still prefer slow ROF because even with a mana cost of 66 you can still parashock a whole group of 8 people, chug a booster, and be on your merry way with healing/shelter whatever.

zanzan
18-08-03, 20:36
parashock 8 people?8x66=528 mana.
AND the ppu has to heal his own ass mean while, so 1 heal[55 mana] is 583 mana to parashock 8 people, doesnt look viable to me.
allso 80/min rof is ok...

ZoneVortex
18-08-03, 20:37
But nothing is stopping you from chugging a booster in between all the parashocking madness. Or chugging two boosters. And it's still possible.....my PPUs only got like 80 something psi and he has a near capped holy heal and 450? mana.

Pitspawn
8/min is so slow that with the current forms of antishock it would be totally useless. It needs to still remain viable but not overpowered.

Tripling the mana cost but leaving the range/rof/dmg at its current level would pretty much fix everything. I guarentee.

450? mana

Mana caps at 416 fyi. And any ppu with that sort of mana pool WILL have mediocre rof/dmg on their spells.

Scikar
80/min RoF is not OK, that's only a little less than FA, and it's still under a second, so you're not winding up at all with it. I say more like 30/min capped.

zanzan
18-08-03, 20:40
i say 80, why? cuz no matter how leet u r u CANT parashock 8 people with in 5 seconds[aim, click, aim click and so on...].
we need to keep in mind the human factor, the none perfect

Scikar
18-08-03, 20:47
Originally posted by zanzan
i say 80, why? cuz no matter how leet u r u CANT parashock 8 people with in 5 seconds[aim, click, aim click and so on...].

Alright so say it takes 0.25 seconds to target someone. Sounds reasonable doesn't it? Well if it takes 0.25 seconds to target someone, that means in 5 seconds you can parashock 5 people. Which is likely every person attacking you. No thanks, I think it should take a little bit more time to glue people to the floor than 3/4 of a second.

zanzan
18-08-03, 20:50
u still dont get it...
pls play a ppu monk and then come back

Scikar
18-08-03, 20:55
u still dont get it...
pls play a ppu monk and then come back

No. Stop acting like you can't live without parashock. Why does it have to be so necessary to parashock every single person on the opposing team? I could understand it if you would shock and boost one, then have an apu concentrate on him, but you don't. Ppus in OP wars parashock every single member of the opposing team, and they do it again and again. No matter how much mana it costs they'll still do it, they'll just start using psi boosters while they do. It takes an apu monk 3 seconds minimum to cast a max RoF holy antibuff. During this time he usually becomes a target for several enemies. By contrast a ppu currently takes just over half a second to cast a parashock. Not exactly anything you can do to interrupt it and stop him casting it on you, is there? But a ppu can recast his shelter much faster than it takes for an antishock pill to work.

zanzan
18-08-03, 20:57
just to tell u something.

PPUS CANT RUN CAST HEAL/DEFLACTOR/SHELTER/PRIMS

they can run cast PARASHOCK/DAMAGE BOOST..thats it

FBI
18-08-03, 20:58

No offense zanzan, but when you parashock someone, they
are stuck to the ground for 5 minutes. Your saying you can't
sacrafice those extra seconds to parashock someone? It's not
like those people your trying to shock will hurt you anyway, so
what's the big deal?

Scikar
18-08-03, 20:58
Who cares what ppus can and can't runcast? I don't care if they can runcast parashock as long is takes more than 1/2 a second to cast it.

zanzan
18-08-03, 21:00
ok, try standing while shoting and understand how it works.
if u like it or not, parashock is a defance spell for the ppu, just overpowered...

ZoneVortex
19-08-03, 04:30
Uhhhh actually PPUs can runcast Holy heal :lol:

So YOU go back and play a PPU first.

Scikar
19-08-03, 04:36
It's a defensive spell but it's used offensively 100 times for every 1 time it's used defensively.

Pitspawn
19-08-03, 04:57
Uhhhh actually PPUs can runcast Holy heal

Show me a ppu that can runcast (at capped runspeed) holy heal so i know who to report for exploiting to abuse@neocron.com

You cant runcast holy heal even at 576% and 52/min. Its just not fast enough when your at runspeed cap.

Arcadius
19-08-03, 04:59
Originally posted by Scikar
It's a defensive spell but it's used offensively 100 times for every 1 time it's used defensively.

I agree.

ok, try standing while shoting and understand how it works.
if u like it or not, parashock is a defance spell for the ppu, just overpowered...

You can't really complain that shelter/def can't be run/cast since you only need to cast it when you're debuffed or once every 2 minutes.

Personally I'd rather have parashocked removed.

KimmyG
19-08-03, 05:02
Bad Idea person will be long gone before the spell casts may as well take it out of the game.

Run cast holy heal sure if they got 2ath adn 1 agility maybe

Zokk
19-08-03, 05:02
Parashock is a crutch, it shows you who the cripples are.

StoneRayne
19-08-03, 06:02
Well..you can't fully runcast heal/deflector/antidote/antishock, but if you get used to it, you can make it look like you are runcasting it, the secret, which prolly isn't a secret (but anyway^^) is to stand still when starting to cast. With good FPS, and capped RoF on the HHeal, you can stop for .0001 second, click the button and start running. Same with spells mentioned above... Shelter is almost same, only diff being that you need to stand still for more than a millisecond. like.. half a second, 1/3? ^^

Cyphor
19-08-03, 08:08
Originally posted by KimmyG
Bad Idea person will be long gone before the spell casts may as well take it out of the game.

Run cast holy heal sure if they got 2ath adn 1 agility maybe

Very true, i prefer that higher cost, higher cast rate defeats the purpose, it is ment to paralyse who it is cast on. Spam can be stopped with a cast cost of about 80-150 no more though as with miscasts it would become useless.

Original monk
19-08-03, 08:50
Is this still busy ? STOP trying to get the parashock NERFED please, its boring enough being only ppu, atleast i can do sumthing now except giving shelters and psicombat3 boosts o_O
Daamn i miss being a hybrid im still not over it, first a year work to finally use all the nice spells and then KK kills all hybrids :/

Stigmata
19-08-03, 09:05
PPUS CANT RUN CAST HEAL/DEFLACTOR/SHELTER/PRIMS

Actually you are wrong my friend. i have seen many MANY ppu's runcast any spell, maybe a graphical glitch ? but they still do it, especially the best ones on saturn.

It is near impossible to take out a certain couple of ppu's in an enemy clan we fight against and thats because they are 2 of the best ppu's in the game.

Andy

Pitspawn
19-08-03, 14:26
Actually you are wrong my friend. i have seen many MANY ppu's runcast any spell, maybe a graphical glitch ? but they still do it, especially the best ones on saturn.

I wont go saying this again, ppus cannot runcast anything but parashocks when moving in one direction at capped runspeed. You can move on the spot to cast spells (Circle the runcast radius created by the spells maximum damage. As the damage increases the runcast radius increases also) but thats not really runcasting it. Freedom is in runcasting, we do not ascertain that feature, even when we are capped with insane PSU/PPU and 5 slotted ultimated spells.

It merely brings us closer to something we will never achieve. If you see a ppu moving at capped speed in one direction runcasting something other than parashock they are probably exploiting.

Scikar
19-08-03, 15:24
Originally posted by KimmyG

Well that's the whole damn point you're supposed to use it to freeze someone then you can run away. If the guy's "long gone" then it works and there's nothing to complain about.

EDIT: The runcasting thing is like hybrid runcasting. You have to stand still when you cast but you can start running again a bit before the cast finishes. My PE on Pluto has a capped heal and all it takes is to stand still for a fraction of a second then I can run off as it completes.

ZoneVortex
19-08-03, 21:02
I can runcast blessed heal and basic heal, so with capped damage and frequency why shouldn't I be able to runcast holy heal?

p.s. if it matters, those heal spells can be run casted without any pause in movement, and with uh....114 agility and 60 athletics.

Pitspawn
19-08-03, 21:32
Well i cant runcast my 5 slotted ultimated holy heal that has 576% damage, 52/min rof at 131 AGL / 30 ATL. Infact i cant even runcast a totally artifact TL3 heal at my runspeed.

Care to explain how you can?

ZoneVortex
19-08-03, 21:37
What? That's er weird.... maybe it's simply because I'm slower than you.

If you're on Pluto sometime PM me here since I don't play there much any more and I'll show you that I can runcast heals.

I've also seen crypto runcast holy heal.....atleast I think I have. Talk to him also.

zanzan
19-08-03, 21:43
heres ur little secret, duck and cast, wait about half a second then run and it will 'run cast', thats not run casting...[might be a exploit 8| ]

IMO nerfing the parashock should be, but just remove the damage and rof to 80, people will just bitch about next thing like stealthers, "OMG OMG I CANT KILL IT KK NERF IT11111 IT DOESNT NEED L33T SKILLZ", if something in this game doesnt need skills its tanks, nothing else

edit:forgot to write what i wanted to, 0_o
well, i hate to tell u but, if ur going to remove parashocks ur going to give ppus a none stop god mode, the only time that a ppu die is when they get parashocked or 10 people shoting AND hiting at the same time.

again as it seems people allways bitch about them not being able to kill the pure defance class, when they still havent realised that they shoudnt be able to[yes its YOU mr tank/pe/spy... 0_0].

Zokk
19-08-03, 22:08
Is this still busy ? STOP trying to get the parashock NERFED please, its boring enough being only ppu, atleast i can do sumthing now except giving shelters and psicombat3 boosts
Daamn i miss being a hybrid im still not over it, first a year work to finally use all the nice spells and then KK kills all hybrids :/

Man I don't see how anyone could get bored from having extremely little risk of dying... I mean everyone knows that an OP war isn't over until the PPUs get bored trying to rez people and GR away...

ZoneVortex
19-08-03, 22:34
No it's not a 'stop for .3 seconds and "runcast"' or anything. It's a....I can run in a straight line, continue running, click the 'heal' button, and cast heal on myself while I'm running through plaza.

Arcadius
19-08-03, 22:37
Zone what's yer ath/ag?

Mr Friendly
19-08-03, 22:38
ummm, no, there'll be no point in casting a simple parashock to slow someone down for 20 secs when itll take 5 or more secs to cast.

OTHER::. there's already been a better idea than this one on parashocks, & it was actually a very good idea imo. this idea was to drop the range down & highten the mana cost to somewhere around 200+ psi

anyone like ^^ that idea better? (with mana cost that high, ppu monks cant cast it all the time, they'll be sacrificing time to take the booster again & again & again etc

zanzan
19-08-03, 22:43
200 mana AND no range?best yeah ever :rolleyes:

maybe max mana of 80, no more then that, if its going to be 200 the spell just wont be viable[every spell NEED to be viable]

Mr Friendly
19-08-03, 23:12
still wouldnt work, i have a psi pool of 350, 80 mana wouldnt be a problem for me.

with 200 mana cost, it would keep the monk from doing it all the time, he would then only be able to do it sometimes

zanzan
20-08-03, 00:42
or u can remove the damage and make the rof 80 and mana cost of 66 so killing with it wont be possible nor spaming it, but u can still cast parashock and heal ur self

ZoneVortex
20-08-03, 01:38
My ath/agil be......

Roughly, can't log on right now but I think it's 60 athletics 114 agility? Maybe 105 agility.

Scikar
20-08-03, 04:04
Make it just as viable as antibuff. :rolleyes:

Arcadius
20-08-03, 04:47
Originally posted by Scikar
Make it just as viable as antibuff. :rolleyes:

:lol:

Touche.