PDA

View Full Version : Another PK Thread - Good or Bad???

libbo
18-08-03, 17:24
Runners on Saturn "might" have witnessed an increase of PK action this weekend with a particular clan leading the way (who will remain anonymous to keep me out of trouble). I have one thing to say to these characters:

Thanks for pumping up the fun factor - but what is it all about and why??

Seriously, I had two separate encounters with some runners from this clan whose only purpose it seems is to troll about the hunting zones and attack anyone they find. I have to give them credit for not being bullies (they had one spy who solo attacked me and my buddy - both of us tanks that were at least 10 levels higher than he was - he died a few times as a result) but I am dying to know if there is any method to this madness.

For starters, they seem to attack anyone and everyone without prejudice. Their faction is allied to mine but this didn't slow them down one bit.

It would be a bit foolish to announce that you are about to try and kill people (I get a good laugh out of the threads in here where people bitch about PKers "showing honor" by talking with you and explaining that they are going to kill you) but I would love to find out if there is something more going on here than a group of players just out to have a little fun.

There could be some good content in here if they are working towards a goal!! At least I think so....

Any other thoughts or experiences with these runners?

BlackPrince
18-08-03, 17:31
There is no End Game. A lot of our members are picking up PS because PvPwise, its much more fun and far less dependant on one "Uber" class. Plus we're facing a lot of questions: What's there to do once you cap your char?

Re roll to another: you can only run the levelling treadmill so many times, this would be my 6th.

Try something New: After a year and more playing, not much else left to do.

OpWars: Oh Yippee, only fought 9,932,932,920 of them, same result: He with the Most Monks Wins.

MobHunt: What Haven't I killed 100,000 times over? Ah yes, the Scorp queen which only spawns under a proper alignment of the planets. Where'd I leave my auguries?

Explore: Been there, done that, once you get off the beaten path for the most part its all the same.

RP: This game hinders RP so much by its own design, its rediculous. Add on to that the near desert when it comes to GM events, the difficulty of planning Player events, and its just not worth it.

Bitch on Boards: Why, it never changes. Plus then it gives Nidhogg an excuse to show off his Uber Hammer O' Banination

That said, NC has much more staying power and as a whole is more fun, but when things get slow on Pluto, we're over on Konreid tearing it up.

libbo
18-08-03, 17:41
BlackPrince - I have no problem with anyone finding something fun for themselves in the game and then running with it (they pay the same fee to play that we all do) but I am just clinging to the hope that there is more to it than simple boredom.

Are they out to make a name for themselves as the clan that just doesn't give a fook any more or do they have a goal in mind that I obviously can't figure out?

Either way, the lone gunman they sent out to the bunker last night certainly brought some excitement to an evening of monotonous leveling. I have never seen so many runners pissed off at one guy! The crew was so pumped up over being picked off that when he made another attempt to get some PKing in there must have been about 12 people just pounding on him all at once. It was something to see!

ezza
18-08-03, 17:55
if your talking about a certain infamous clan that has just become active again, then yeah its cool, only had 1 chance to kill a member of the clan so far, though i have noticed a hell of a lot more backpacks and belts littering the military base.

but either way the excitment around the area has been raised.

just as i got my new 3 slot CS:p :D

Whiety Bulger
18-08-03, 17:57
Wait for DoY

ezza
18-08-03, 18:01
yeah like how much time do you think we have?

we cant wait forever

Roc-a-fella
18-08-03, 18:01
when u cap ur char u have fun pvp'ing then it gets boring

JiNxY
18-08-03, 18:10
but whats going to change when DoY comes out?
we get a new city?? and..??

everythings the same, the game is what YOU make of it.

personally i like the little additions here and there, keeps me trying new stuff.

and i hope these guys liven up the server a bit, but NOT keep attacking people that cant fight back ^^ a challenge is always the best fight

hinch
18-08-03, 18:43
jinx0r find me a way to get my sl above -34 so i can come outta my appt and nuke people again.

hivemind
18-08-03, 19:17
we're over on Konreid tearing it up
I got a couple mid-level Terrans on Konried, what're you guys?

BlackPrince
18-08-03, 19:24
NC, I believe, and sorry, we're on Emerald.

I know of a couple of Gangstas that play(ed) on Konreid, I can ask them if they still do.

Drop by forum.yaarrr.net to get in touch with us and someone can give u all the right info.

Scikar
18-08-03, 19:30
If it's the clan I think it is, you can bring out all the new content you like and you won't stop them. :p

Sleawer
18-08-03, 19:55
What clan, HATE squad?

Cryotchekk
18-08-03, 20:19
Originally posted by libbo
Runners on Saturn "might" have witnessed an increase of PK action this weekend with a particular clan leading the way (who will remain anonymous to keep me out of trouble). I have one thing to say to these characters:

Thanks for pumping up the fun factor - but what is it all about and why??

Seriously, I had two separate encounters with some runners from this clan whose only purpose it seems is to troll about the hunting zones and attack anyone they find. I have to give them credit for not being bullies (they had one spy who solo attacked me and my buddy - both of us tanks that were at least 10 levels higher than he was - he died a few times as a result) but I am dying to know if there is any method to this madness.

For starters, they seem to attack anyone and everyone without prejudice. Their faction is allied to mine but this didn't slow them down one bit.

It would be a bit foolish to announce that you are about to try and kill people (I get a good laugh out of the threads in here where people bitch about PKers "showing honor" by talking with you and explaining that they are going to kill you) but I would love to find out if there is something more going on here than a group of players just out to have a little fun.

There could be some good content in here if they are working towards a goal!! At least I think so....

Any other thoughts or experiences with these runners?

i think there is a increase in pking because i made a thread saying that there is no pking. also, im thinking of tradmarking 'old school' to me because i used the term once and its being thrown around everywhere.

ezza
18-08-03, 20:22
Originally posted by Cryotchekk
i think there is a increase in pking because i made a thread saying that there is no pking. also, im thinking of tradmarking 'old school' to me because i used the term once and its being thrown around everywhere.

maybe, but dunno, its cos starkes is back and hate squad is active, some of the other old members are back init, along with new people, wether it was your thread or other wise, dont matter its good to have some major action again

Mantus
18-08-03, 20:41
Originally posted by libbo
BlackPrince - I have no problem with anyone finding something fun for themselves in the game and then running with it (they pay the same fee to play that we all do) but I am just clinging to the hope that there is more to it than simple boredom.

They do this for the same reason people play counter strike. Its fun to kill other players damn it!

zanzan
18-08-03, 20:42
lets stop making thoes "I PK OK?" thread ok?if u wanna pk pk, dont ask "if you wanna shot, shot dont talk" ;)

libbo
18-08-03, 22:06
Originally posted by zanzan
lets stop making thoes "I PK OK?" thread ok?if u wanna pk pk, dont ask "if you wanna shot, shot dont talk" ;)

What? Please repost your comments with a little better detail...maybe others here can make sense of this but I cannot. :wtf:

Originally posted by Mantus
They do this for the same reason people play counter strike. Its fun to kill other players damn it!

This is what I am starting to realize. Just got excited thinking there might be a clan mixing up a little action for a larger purpose.

Originally posted by Cryotchekk
i think there is a increase in pking because i made a thread saying that there is no pking.

I remember your thread well - even linked it one time on another PK related thread I started a week ago - and if I start making money off of this post I will be sure to forward the proceeds straight to you! :lol:

Dave Kujan
19-08-03, 19:18
you know, it just doesn't make much sense in the role playing sense to have a black dragon clan running around pk'ing allies unless the entire faction is joining the tg movement. for these HATEful schmucks to just run around pk'ing allies is bogus and incredibly lame. it's also bad for the community at large cuz this clan pk's everyone regardless of rank and will just drive n00bs away. it also makes it just that much more intolerable for players who don't want to pvp but need the chip space and don't want to run around with their le chip in...

i guess the one good thing is that enough pk'd folks get pissed off, they band together and stomp a shithole in the middle of these turds, right edgar? bet your sorry 60/60 *** ass won't be tangling with too many 0/12 apu monks for awhile...:lol: :p

Sleawer
19-08-03, 19:27
Allies and No Allies, just everyone, that was the ideal of HATE when they were TG. And they werent the only PK clan.

Scikar
19-08-03, 19:51
Originally posted by Sleawer
Allies and No Allies, just everyone, that was the ideal of HATE when they were TG. And they werent the only PK clan.

"HATE - No-one likes us, we don't care."

libbo
19-08-03, 21:33
Originally posted by Scikar
"HATE - No-one likes us, we don't care."

Yep - that sounds about right! My boy Dave attempted to hold a little conversation with one of their runners and was told "We are KOS to everyone - we don't care" (or something to that effect). I would have to agree with the statement about PKing players from allied factions being pretty lame - but what the hell - it's just a game right? :p

superfresh
19-08-03, 22:08
Ahh. I heard there was some great action when this "HATE" clan was kickin' around Saturn.

Sleawer
20-08-03, 00:15
Yes well, originally was a TG clan called Hate Against The Empire, they used to be a massive pk clan; for a time they were the only ones who had the guts to raid TG, even as a group of two PE's or as the entire clan.

With the time, another known pk clan, but I must say with much less style and guts, merged with H.A.T.E., and founded the clan called HATE | ANG.

Until that merge, H.A.T.E. had a reason for its existance; they never agreed with the measures of the other TG clans, and claimed that we just sat in the canyon watching how the City clans owned Cyrcrow... they were more truly terrorists, rather than a freedom force like the TG history says.

I loved those times.

Psychoninja
20-08-03, 00:20
Originally posted by Whiety Bulger
Wait for DoY

I've been waiting :mad:

and I will say FoMk is looking pretty good atm...

Dave Kujan
20-08-03, 19:08
i gotta admit, when edgar from hate pk'd me it was pretty frigging funny. i had just come to mb and noticed two runners twitching on the ground so i ran in the bunker and messaged out "need a rezzer, we got two men down!"

edgar comes in and starts to light me up and sez "make that 3"...:lol: prick...

i mean, i know it's just a game but this has gotta start making sense as an rpg...otherwise we're just a bad grafix quake knock-off...i keep hoping something's gonna change but i don't know what...:p

Scikar
21-08-03, 00:42
The weird thing is, HATE never drove anyone away. They just made newbs more determined to level up and get the best gear they could to fight back. It's weird but I always got a real adrenaline rush when I was in MB as my lowbie spy and then I'd see Starkes in local and panic. But back then death meant something, because you actually dropped an item, so I was actually scared. Within a week of the belt rules the adrenaline stopped.

Dave Kujan
21-08-03, 14:55
gotta admit, the "fight or flight" adrenaline definitely does kick in for a bit...:D

Original monk
21-08-03, 15:05
The weird thing is, HATE never drove anyone away. They just made newbs more determined to level up and get the best gear they could to fight back. It's weird but I always got a real adrenaline rush when I was in MB as my lowbie spy and then I'd see Starkes in local and panic. But back then death meant something, because you actually dropped an item, so I was actually scared. Within a week of the belt rules the adrenaline stopped.

yeah youre right, and the starkestime at saturn was one of the best times i had over there, dueling 1 hate member while the rest of hate and the rest of youre clan is yust standing there and watching the fight OMG adrenaline RUUUSH, sooo fun

deac
21-08-03, 15:43
Originally posted by hinch
jinx0r find me a way to get my sl above -34 so i can come outta my appt and nuke people again.

ffs dude havent you tried killing a -40 sl person 50 times?

should help

Cliffraiser
21-08-03, 16:15

^^ so true

Dave Kujan
21-08-03, 18:41
but if they're gonna pk city clans, why not just do it as tg? it would make more sense in the rpg...

i initially didn't fire back was cuz i thought a) he was screwing around, b) it was an accidental discharge, c) he was an le guy...

hey, is it possible to boot people out of the city? send them to the wastelands? ban them from factions? that would be an interesting twist...although it seems to me most of the mentalities here would vigorously work to become outcasts...:rolleyes: