PDA

View Full Version : Mugging other runners

evs
18-08-03, 15:09
What would peeps think to actually allowing 'mugging' to happen in game?
In say just warzone areas only, where belts cant drop?

Kill another runner and you get 0.5% of that runners carried cash rounded up to the nearest NC and divided in proportion to the damage dealers like normal mobs?

It's a bit of a rough idea and would need more thought - but would certainly make things more interesting.

zanzan
18-08-03, 15:12
so rezz killing in a war zone will be viable again...

Original monk
18-08-03, 15:17
hiya there, its a good idea indeed, but i think its gonna make the problem of random PKing even bigger, then people will yust start at huntin people instead of mobs :P

Also i dont think people will carry any cash with em anymore, but all on stockx or so, so they dont have money that can be mugged :P

In any case i voted for the dead animals option, good idea, would be fun of muggin someone, but not true killing or we get a KILL FRENZY, shoot as many people as possible in the shortest possible time to get some cash :P

Kaden
18-08-03, 15:23
Erm, bad idea. You can imagine it. You zone into a warzone, and your instantly gunned down by the CS carrying tank, who now has some of your money.

If something like this DOES come in, would it not be an idea to have a 'bank' system??

You know, have like a hole in the wall machine where you can open up a bank account, deposit and withdraw money and the like?

MortuusLupus
18-08-03, 15:25
Well, there is a bank in the city. It doesn't work, though...

Kohr-Ah
18-08-03, 16:46
It would be good, but they really should make cash cubes work again in that case.
Or add some storage facility for money.

Rade
18-08-03, 17:21
Great idea but then we would need a bank.

greendonkeyuk
18-08-03, 17:28
but what if you got mugged IN the bank!

seriously though, yeah i like it but we would need somewhere to store our change....

libbo
18-08-03, 17:34
Originally posted by greendonkeyuk
but what if you got mugged IN the bank!

seriously though, yeah i like it but we would need somewhere to store our change....

Can you imagine the ability to actually rob the bank as well?

Great idea but this one would really have to be worked out beforehand...

icarium
18-08-03, 18:07
evs you dont do net tech support, you sit around emailing me all day :p

good idea though, add a bank and increase the percentage of the cash you get though. also some way of telling how much cash people have got (other than checking their info as it wouldnt necessarily be up to date) otherwise you may just start killing people randomly and it would get annoying for all involved (instead of just the victim hehe). if you could see how much peeps are carrying you could see whether it would be worth mugging them, but there is the problem that people would then just stick all their money into the bank :(

btw i voted for the dead droms idea, but they go cold so quickly :(

Zokk
18-08-03, 18:11
I'de rather see something like this be a faction specific ability, probably Black Dragon. Then you don't have to stop to tell people to give you money, you can just get right to the killing :D

Psychoninja
18-08-03, 20:59
I'd say something but I get banned :rolleyes:

MortuusLupus
18-08-03, 21:02
If there's any benefit to this, it's that the ubar peekayars won't be using the "I killed u cuz ur a faction enemy" excuse anymore.

Smugly
18-08-03, 23:07
While I can see it having a place, I could only see it being a fair game specific thing if A) as already mentioned only certain faction that could actually be seen to be mugging people would do it ala Black Dragon. Maybe Tsunami. Nobody else. (Pocket change to Corps and City mercs and not worth the trouble from City Admin, against the Law for CA and just immoral to Fallen Angels and Twilight Guardians)

And B) Something would have to be done to once again protect newbs. Fact is that if your new to the game, until you start getting a support network the game is incredibly tough. Chances are you won't know a good Barter/Constructor or Resser for a good way into the game. It takes long enough to get the money together with having somebody steal it from you. LE isn't going to be enough I'm afraid.

enablerbr
18-08-03, 23:49
i say no because i can see nothing but further PvP restrictions cause of people complaing about it.

cracky
18-08-03, 23:59
GIVE TONS OF EXP FOR PKING TOO THEN WE CAN REMOVE THE BORING "PVM" AND MAKE THE ULTIMATE NEPTUNE SERVER OF LEGENDS BUT IT WILL BE REALLY HARDCORE BECAUSE TO LEVEL UP YOU WILL HAVE TO PK!!!!!!! BUT I GUESS SINCE THERE WOULD BE NO NEW MONEY COMING IN EVERYBODY WOULD BE POOR AND THE SAME 800C WOULD GO BACK AND FOURTH BUT THIS IS WHY ITS HARDCORE

edit: uh it's a good idea but ya like everybody said it'd need a bank and, also the way the game seems to be going I don't think kk will do anything pro pking.

Cliffraiser
19-08-03, 00:07
Originally posted by Original monk
hiya there, its a good idea indeed, but i think its gonna make the problem of random PKing even bigger, then people will yust start at huntin people instead of mobs :P

Also i dont think people will carry any cash with em anymore, but all on stockx or so, so they dont have money that can be mugged :P

In any case i voted for the dead animals option, good idea, would be fun of muggin someone, but not true killing or we get a KILL FRENZY, shoot as many people as possible in the shortest possible time to get some cash :P

that would be a perfect reason to finnaly get that bank working in Via Rosso 1

evs
19-08-03, 03:38
thanks for the comments
bank would help tonnes i agree

jeez if it can be implemented in UO .....

Scikar
19-08-03, 04:01
I like the idea of being able to mug someone, but this isn't really the way to do it.

EDIT: I got it! Strength based mug skill anyone? And a persuasion skill under int where you persuade people to give you their stuff. :D

CarniFlex
19-08-03, 16:25
that idea would make nc more like Grand theft auto... without the ability to run over some monks :D