PDA

View Full Version : Is it right?

Judge
18-08-03, 14:57
Ok, well this is kinda a "keep it ingame" post so it might be closed but I won't say any names so it should be ok... I think. This is a bit of a moral question, I thought it was ok at the time but now that I think back I feel really bad.

Well my character was walking through pepper park on his way to the simple armour shop in sector 3. Then three people of an opposing faction and significantly higher level than me jumped, parashocked then CSed me to death. I though "damn, oh well I'll log my alt to get my quickbelt back" (she can hack) I got there and found that my belt had dissappeared. This really pissed me off as my character didn't have enough money to pay for the armour that I lost. So I went to the aggie cellars and killed a newb in the same clan as the guys who ganked me. It was nothing against the person but just revenge against the clan. But I'm not really a great PKer and I started to feel a bit bad afterwards.... What do you guys think? Was I a bit harsh or in the right?

Shockwave
18-08-03, 15:08
No, it's wrong. What the hell did that noob do to deserve death? Nothing. You picked on him because he happened to be there, and he was a significantly lower level than you. Sound familiar?

This is why I'm praying for Neptune to make an appearance. All the RPKing morons will hopefully sod off there and leave us RPers and OP-war/Legit PKers to it (That means the people who killed you AS WELL as you yourself).

Shock.

Judge
18-08-03, 15:18
Originally posted by Shockwave
No, it's wrong. What the hell did that noob do to deserve death? Nothing.

He joined the wrong clan.

This is why I'm praying for Neptune to make an appearance. All the RPKing morons will hopefully sod off there and leave us RPers and OP-war/Legit PKers to it (That means the people who killed you AS WELL as you yourself).

So the first time that I kill a newb I become a RPKing moron eh?

Scikar
18-08-03, 15:18
It was entirely acceptable. That clan killed you for no reason, so you killed one of their members in retaliation. You were parashocked and then hit by CS, so you had no chance, so therefore why should you give their member a chance? Even then it's more than likely that newb was just an alt.

Scikar
18-08-03, 15:21
Originally posted by Judge

No, just some people don't see it as acceptable to kill a member of an enemy faction, and that you should always seek consent before firing. :rolleyes:

An RPKer is someone who kills people for being players, regardless of faction or clan. E.g. Starkes. Or you can believe these people and an RPKer is someone who killed somebody else in a dark alley in a dangerous area without giving them your 10 page background first.

MortuusLupus
18-08-03, 15:23
The clan jumped and ganked you, thereby unofficially declaring war on you. The noob was in their clan, and thus was an enemy combatant. You weren't wrong in killing him, but you've probably made it officially onto the clan's KOS list (OMG WTF KOS KOS HAX LOL BBQ).

Judge
18-08-03, 15:25
Originally posted by MortuusLupus
but you've probably made it officially onto the clan's KOS list (OMG WTF KOS KOS HAX LOL BBQ).

Oh yeah I got that from his mate in direct a few minuites later :p

Shockwave
18-08-03, 15:27
He joined the wrong clan.
That doesn't justify n00b-ganking.

Considering you only did it out of spite and because you didn't have a hope of taking on those that did it to you in the first place, yes. Basically you've lowered yourself to the level of the people who ganked you.

Shock.

Judge
18-08-03, 15:30
Isn't ganking technically when multiple people kill one? As I didn't gnak him I killed him. Murder I know, but revenge for being ganked myself.

Anyway this thread has served its purpose and I don't want ti to turn into a flame fest, thanks very much for reassuring me guys. :D

I feel a lot better with myself now, could a mod close the thread please.

EDIT: oh btw I'm not talking about Drikie, this was another character. Drikie is pure, Drikie is good :p

Kaden
18-08-03, 15:31
You was TOTALLY right in what you did. They killed u without asking, so you retaliated.

If someone kills me, they SHOULD expect some retribution, and not for me to think 'Oh well, another pk, what am I to do?'

Original monk
i actually cant believe ya didnt PKed anyone before, or, that the feeling of PKing feels strange to you drikie, i saw youre PE a couple times in PP and ya sure look dangerous :P pretty ass hell yeah, but dangerous :P hehe yust kiddin, ya have to FEEL BAD you OMG newbiePKer LOL

edit: when some-one PK's one of my alts, like in youre example, a clangank then i dont do anything but yell a bit on tradechannel, i also almost never get ganked btw, why i dont respond ??
--> last laugh best laugh, the person who ganked me wil need something of me later on, he wont get it cause i wont forget he's name (example: that last hull of DS he was lookin for fo 5 weeks :P )
second: they wont be that happy if they walk one after one in the recticule of my secret PK char's weapon :P
third: not tellin third,but ya dont gonna enjoy it :lol: . if ya wonna know ----> GANK ME hehe

MortuusLupus
He killed a member of the clan that killed him, it was completely justified. If he was a member of a clan and told his mates, his clan would rustle up a few of the clan that killed him and gank them in return.

If the person he killed was just some random guy, and he did it out of anger and frustration, then yeah he'd be an ass and you could call him any names you wanted.

Helen Angilley
Depends.

Which character, of your's, did you use to kill the lowbie? Your character that was killed or the "hacking" alt?

JustIn_Case
18-08-03, 15:33
I think your action was acceptable....If you join a clan, then you must face the enemies of that Clan, and that Clan declared war on you, so....

He had taken the LE out (Faction enemies might kill you) and he had joined a clan that kills faction enemies regardless of rank....

But the best thing would ofcourse be to assemble a team with high ranked peps and go after the actual PK:ers, but what you did is still ok..

zanzan
18-08-03, 15:33
judge..ur a carebear lol.
tbh i agree with u, u get ganked by clan X, u find a clan X member newbie or not and kill him.
if a 'n00b' took his le out that mean that he is ready to defand him self, there for its ok to kill him if his clan killed u for nothing

Judge
18-08-03, 15:34
I used my non-hacking unclanned guy who was killed to get revenge Helen.

Shockwave
18-08-03, 15:36
The guy's Clan put him on the possible targets list. What should have taken him OFF that list was his level. N00b ganking (killing, murdering, whatever) is just damned low. All Judge did was show himself to be exactly the same as the people who ganked him.

Just my 2nc.

Shock.

Edit: name altered

Helen Angilley
18-08-03, 15:36
I used my non-hacking unclanned guy who was killed to get revenge Helen.

Well in that case, it _was_ justified.

As someone already said (Morty?), they were, in effect, declaring war on you so you were fully within your rights to target their members...despite the rank.

Although you're a brave, brave man for taking the SL hit. :p

Judge
18-08-03, 15:37
Noo, shockwave it wasn't drikie. It was on another server.

zanzan
18-08-03, 15:37
shockwave ur shock wave from pluto?i bet u r, arent u a legion member that kill everybody even his own faction[yes i remmeber u..i killed ur 6 man clan alone with my pe when u jumped at me]

Shockwave
18-08-03, 15:40
Noo, shockwave it wasn't drikie. It was on another server.

Apologies - post edited.

Shock.

Edit:

shockwave ur shock wave from pluto?i bet u r, arent u a legion member that kill everybody even his own faction[yes i remmeber u..i killed ur 6 man clan alone with my pe when u jumped at me]

(Groan) Ok, here's a direct copy/paste from the LAST time this was thrown at me in the forums:
I used to play a Tsunami APU Monk/Researcher called "Shockwave" on Pluto. Really liked him - nicknamed him the "APU Artillery". I eventually deleted him for 2 reasons:
1) I was sick of having no range and no health. Solo WB hunting was best described as "fraught". Fire mobs... no way in hell.
2) Someone created a character called "Shock Wave", and I started copping a LOT of flak for his actions.

Please don't blame me for the actions of some muppet Tank who can't keep his weapon to himself.

Shockwave
18-08-03, 15:46
(Double post - deleted)

Mattimeo
18-08-03, 15:50
Clans, IMHO, changle the rules on PKing when they're involved. The clan did something to you, you did somethign to the clan. thats the only way you really have to look at it. even a 1/1 runner, if in that clan, should face reprecussions for what the rest of the clan does. If said runner isn't involved, or doesn't want to be, too bad, shouldn't have joined a clan. thats just the way I see it.

BlackPrince
18-08-03, 15:50
You cease being a 'noob' and invulnerable to repercussions the second you pull your LE out and join a clan. There is no discussion about this whatsoever, he's fair game. Also, remember a few things:

1) At this stage in the game, most 'noobs' are simply alts.
2) His Clan actions had a direct impact on him, this is a good thing.
3) In this Dark Cyberpunk world, an Eye for an Eye and a Life for a Life. It's all within the context of the game.

Enemy factions are ENEMIES, therefore it is your job as a runner for your faction to kill them. Some of us choose to not for various reasons, but AFAIC an enemy is an enemy. Kill them all and let god sort them out.

That said, I don't personally gank n00bs unless its for a very good reason.

zanzan
18-08-03, 15:52
allright shockwave sorry ^^

ezza
18-08-03, 15:55
in effect by ganking him, that clan declared war on him, so i see no problem with him getting retribution via that clans noob, when he joined up with the clan he is accepting the risk that enemies will kill him and so should live with it.

there is a CA clan who for a particular reason are KOS to CM's, i killed a mid range person if that clan, they then directed me asking why, im my opinion he is a partof that clan and must be treated the same as the rest, no showing of weakness to that clan, you see you shot, regardless of the members rank, when that clan stop getting new recuits they will understand;)

greendonkeyuk
18-08-03, 16:27
eye for an eye mate, nuff said.

Selendor
18-08-03, 17:19
It seems fair to target members of a clan that killed you. I don't see a problem with that. However, you can feel bad about it if you wish, because its all down to your personal rules you follow in the gameworld. This is almost (whisper it) roleplaying, in that everyone of us might react slightly differently to that situation. Some might shrug and forget it, some might get angry and shout, some might put a contract out on those responsible etc etc.

For instance, in my case, I would probably only retailiate against those specific runners and not their clan, especially a lower level runner who is hunting. This is because there are always mitigating factors to take into account, such as:

- Its pepper park 1, generally known by all as a PvP/free for all zone, if your LE chip is out and you go into that zone there is a good chance someone will take a pop at you.

- Your belt may not have been hacked, the number of grudges that have been caused by belts disppearing due to clipping bugs are immense.

- You could have got the armour from Via Rosso 3 (sorry, thats a bit condescending :angel: )

Either way, this small tale of revenge and guilt heartens my soul.

SynC_187
18-08-03, 17:30
I think I would of done the same but with the char that had been killed by their clan just to keep in char.

There are benefits for a n00b joining clans, but they become targets, deal with it.

I don't agree with running in to gank n00bs with another char, but doing it with the one that has a problem I think is fine.

In war would you let someone live because your in a tank and they only have a pistol? Well maybe, you might take them prisoner, but we don't have that option in Neocron.

Or course I'd prefer to find someone that was more of a challenge though (probably why I die so much).

Rade
18-08-03, 17:33
Its a simple case, every member of a clan represents the clan as whole, and the clan supports their actions, if they did not they would boot the member. Which means that entire clans are responsible for actions of single members.

Roc-a-fella
18-08-03, 17:59
judge that is totally exceptable, if they wanna kill people lower than them, then they should take into consideration that they have lower people in their clan so its THEIR fault that THEIR clan member died

Scikar
18-08-03, 20:34
I'm just trying to figure out why they said you're on KoS when they already killed you before. :p

Just ignore the guy saying you've sunk to their level btw, it's not as if you could direct them and make them say sorry and expect it to be honest. Though if I was you I would have said to the newb in local, before I killed him, "Tell <the guy who killed you> that <your char's name> sends his regards." Maybe add "asshole" to the end as well for a bit more effect. :)

Arcadius
18-08-03, 20:50
IT was entirely acceptable. Those higher level clan members need to make sure everyone in the clan is aware of any actions they take which might bring new enemies.

RuButt
18-08-03, 20:52
IT WAS RIGHT!

GO PWN 'EM NEWBIES!!