PDA

View Full Version : Warning Warning

JustIn_Case
18-08-03, 10:53
Holy mama !!!

I just read the reason for Proms ban.

I have no clue who the GMs are, maybe i can name 3-4 or them.
So i could easy do the same "misstake" Prom did (Prom did know about BlackIvory though).

The reason i started this thread is to make KK publish the names of the GMs, they must do this if they ban users for reasons like impersonating.

Last week i started a thread asking about who the GMs are, but no reply (just on old GM list).

GM list ???? Please ??? (for more reasons then this one, like Event help).

ericdraven
18-08-03, 11:00
There are many players with names of GMs and KK employees.

Like there is a Thanatos on Uranus.

As long as they don't impersonate they won't be banned. So.. relax. :p

ZoneVortex
18-08-03, 11:01
Yeah for sure. I actually to be honest used the name BlackIvory once in counter-strike long before I played Neocron, so what would happen in this situation?

I come to this new game called Neocron. The name I use is BlackIvory in all other games. I say, 'shit that name's taken..hmm...I know!!' and I make the name Blacklvory, which is spelled BLACKLVORY. So I'm just "woo I like this game! really cool! er well that weird mc5 place I started in was confusing but otherwise really cool game! ( :p )".

And next thing I know I'm banned. And for what reason I may never find out, because hell if I knew there was a GM named Black Ivory.

Edit: Actually having a similar name is all it takes. Thanatos is accepted because Thanatos isn't a GM (I don't think...?? Doesn't he do something else for KK?)

Stigmata
18-08-03, 11:19

As long as they don't impersonate they won't be banned. So.. relax.

Well i think you will find that prom did not impersonate a gm, he just had the same name, so do as to all as you have done unto one. thanatos on uranus should be banned, it is as simple as that.

There where other things surrounding proms ban but the final nail in the coffin was a very trivial matter.

Andy

Shockwave
18-08-03, 11:21
I agree. The last thing I want to do is create a character, start playing him, then suddenly get a GM/Ingame Support guy turn up and demand to know why I'm exploiting. I had no idea there was a GM called "BlackIvory", and I'm fairly sure a lot of other people didn't either. Any chance of a list of names we ought to avoid making variations on please?

Shock.

Lord Mansion
18-08-03, 11:22
The rules need to be changed.

Also, like JustIn_Case said - create a page with an updated list of GM names.

Judge
18-08-03, 11:27
He got banned for making a char with the same name as a GM? But how the hell can we know wether or not we are "impersonating" a GM unless we know who the bloody GMs are. I agree completely that we need a updated, official, GM list.

Promethius
18-08-03, 11:36
Originally posted by ericdraven
There are many players with names of GMs and KK employees.

As long as they don't impersonate they won't be banned. So.. relax. :p

VERY wrong. I didn't impersonate. Just someoen saw my char and reported me.

ericdraven
18-08-03, 11:41
Originally posted by Promethius
VERY wrong. I didn't impersonate. Just someoen saw my char and reported me.

Do i have to quote yourself?

OK: "[...] ...i get the clan and Say hi in ooc. So of course a few people want me to say stuff so of course liek an idiot i did. [..]"

I assume they asked "what about DoY" and you gave some answers? :p

If i am right, then.. it's impersonating. If not, then the ban will be released for sure, right? ;)

Promethius
18-08-03, 11:45
Do i have to quote yourself?

OK: "[...] ...i get the clan and Say hi in ooc. So of course a few people want me to say stuff so of course liek an idiot i did. [..]"

I assume they asked "what about DoY" and you gave some answers? :p

If i am right, then.. it's impersonating. If not, then the ban will be released for sure, right? ;)

No i said Hi over ooc....

I didn't say Hi i ma a GM who wants something..

About the DoY thing. No i never got questions cuz people couldn't spell my name cuz the L was lower case. and when they typed blackivory it said i was offline.

If saying hi over ooc is impersonating...well i am guilty.

Reason i said it was dumbidea to say hi was because it would bring unwanted attention.

ericdraven
18-08-03, 11:50
Originally posted by Promethius
No i said Hi over ooc....

I didn't say Hi i ma a GM who wants something..

About the DoY thing. No i never got questions cuz people couldn't spell my name cuz the L was lower case. and when they typed blackivory it said i was offline.

If saying hi over ooc is impersonating...well i am guilty.

Reason i said it was dumbidea to say hi was because it would bring unwanted attention.

Ok, in that case the ban is not reasonable, IMHO. No one can know all names of all GMs, it don't think it's stated somewhere that you must not take a SIMILAR name to a GM and also i don't think it's the task of a player to search thru all GM names if your name sounds similar.

Did you contact them about this issue?

Promethius
18-08-03, 11:57
Ok, in that case the ban is not reasonable, IMHO. No one can know all names of all GMs, it don't think it's stated somewhere that you must not take a SIMILAR name to a GM and also i don't think it's the task of a player to search thru all GM names if your name sounds similar.

Did you contact them about this issue?

yes to some extent. Got a reply or too but then jsut ignored =\. Maybe i was jsut mailin to the wrong people i dunno. I was also todl that once u are perm banend ur chars get deleted. but as i have been todl my chars are still there cuz they exist in the direct caht...clan list...money statistics (my uber 34 mil) and so on. So my chars are still there. But well i dunno maybe they think i am a bad influence ont he community or something ^^.

Kikyo
18-08-03, 11:58
i agree, how bout if the person doesn't know the name was taken by a GM? hell, i didn't even know there was a GM named blackivory

Crest
18-08-03, 12:03
If this is the sole reason for being banned, then I think thats sad.....I don't have a problem with GM's, heck I have only ever seen 1 in the last 6 months.

So here would have been a solution.
1) If the char has no money , levels or anything significant (Not much time inversted in char, maybe 2 or 3 hours) then have the account holder re-create it

2) If a GM thinks that the name is offensive, or in this case, too dam close to theirs, then should approach the player, tell him this is the problem and ask him what he would want it changed too, then have kk change it.

That way you don't get banned. Maybe flag a warning so if the player does it again then yes mebbe he is trying something funny.

Sometimes people are not trying to cheat (sometimes they arE). In this case the player should get the benifit of doubt unless the GM's know more than already stated. If they heard a conversation saying something like .... I am creating this char so I can cheat, then fair is fair. But sorry this is sad... (All respect to GM's but players make the game, not GM's, without players GM's are nothing)

Invhunter
18-08-03, 12:10
Let me guess.
Maybe I remember the situation....
There was a fight at Jeriko where a GM noticed a caln-rank at ND called something like (BlackIvory corrupt GM-Bitch).
The players got warned and the rank was changed. After that there was a discussion between you, Prom, Lassiter, Daishi and Moonunit where you insulted Lassiter and brought up some nonsense that Daishi and Lassiter were the same and that GMs are helping CA and accusing them to step on the side of certain partys.
Short time after that the Char Blacklvory (BlackLvory) was created.
Correct me if I am wrong but this char was running over Plaza making a lot of nonsenses, accusing players, warn them they will get banned and stuff like that.
Making up such a char and starting such actions implements that you tryed to bring BlackIvory down of her GM-job and to get here kicked out of GM-team.

Hmmm, or you just got banned for exploits.
But as a player I just am, I just can guess and don't know.

Promethius
18-08-03, 12:20
Originally posted by Invhunter
Let me guess.
Maybe I remember the situation....
There was a fight at Jeriko where a GM noticed a caln-rank at ND called something like (BlackIvory corrupt GM-Bitch).
The players got warned and the rank was changed. After that there was a discussion between you, Prom, Lassiter, Daishi and Moonunit where you insulted Lassiter and brought up some nonsense that Daishi and Lassiter were the same and that GMs are helping CA and accusing them to step on the side of certain partys.
Short time after that the Char Blacklvory (BlackLvory) was created.
Correct me if I am wrong but this char was running over Plaza making a lot of nonsenses, accusing players, warn them they will get banned and stuff like that.
Making up such a char and starting such actions implements that you tryed to bring BlackIvory down of her GM-job and to get here kicked out of GM-team.

Hmmm, or you just got banned for exploits.
But as a player I just am, I just can guess and don't know.

for one thing the clan rank was never Bitch. Also there was no nonesense in p1 saying this adn that will be getting banned. The part about the meeting is partly true. When me and lassiter was discussing about the clan rank i asked him to check into something for me adn he said something that offended me inwhicn i insulted him. (bad move on my part) Then from which i insulted lassiter brought up the meeting with daishi,moonunit. lassiter wasn't there...or was cloaked i dunno.

I tried no such thing to get blackivory kicked from teh 'GM-team'. That rank about blackivory was derived from many rumors that had been floiting around.

The part where u say i brought up nonsense about daishi being lassiter. Well when i was talking with lassiter i said i put him on ignore. So when Daishi first Dmed me he said "you shouldn't have ignore me and i didn't recall ignoring him...except for lassiter who said i had 5 min to show daishi screen shots of lassiter shooting me or i would get banned. SO i ignored lassiter.
(the part about lassiter shotign me: i was getting random radiation stacks on me when i was covered well isnde the OP when we were fighting against Pro....some peopel kno but..there has been LOADS of accusations from both ends about GM's helping both sides and wat not. So you hear loads of rumors and getting random stacks of radiation looked very suspicious. cuz well snipers couldn't get me drones don't do radiation dmg, enemy had no way of hitting me as in i was inside OP while had a lien fo 30 team mates attack and no team mate would be sitting there shootign me witha radiation weapon for liek 5 min =\.

From teh sound of your post it sounds liek you got a ripped off version of wat really happened. Also were did u pull this bull that i was runnign around p1 saying i was going to ban people.....also don't say shti liek this unless u got the logs to back it up.

[edit: i didn't add the lassiter incident and the other stuff because then it would result ina chain of explaining things and i didn't want to draw it out over the forums...or even on this thread. But i can't let u say that BS about my situation.]

Original monk
18-08-03, 12:26
i actually dont know what's happening here, but the things i read here: bans, impersonating, bans, insulting people, bans, accusitions, bans, tryin to get lost of a GM, bans, etc etc

EEK

This all sound like 1 big pile of SHIT (i dont say true or untrue, i dont pick sides cause i know zero about the situation) but still weird stuff is happening here...

-------> why is saturn so screwed ???

I dont like the shitpile saturn has become :/ it was so neat here :/

GIMME BACK MY OLD SATURN

(btw hi prom and invhunta)

Nidhogg
18-08-03, 12:29
Promethius was banned for repeated in-game abuses towards GMs and had previously been banned temporarily for the same reason.

Having a character name similar to a GMs is not grounds for a ban.

Promethius, as per our private discussions, I have done my best to have your ban revoked but it's behaviour such as this (and admitting to exploiting in a recent thread) that will ensure that it sticks. As I stated in my last PM you're next and last course of action is to PM SnowCrash and take it up with him. Of course you didn't actually get my last PM (or any of my recent PMs on this matter) because your PM box is full and has been for some time. o_O

N