PDA

View Full Version : Geting Banned from the game for stupid reasons.

MayhemMike
18-08-03, 03:47
I have been around for a while now , Almost a year . One of my clan mates and good friend was Banned recently ( About a month) . He was perema Banned from the Game for creating a Charcater called " Black Lovry" . He has been playing longer than me and is a fun person to play with. You know him as Promethius. I know him as well , Promethius. I think he should be un-banned. Or maybe a Tempoary ban. But a Perma-Bann for making a Char called " Black Lovry " ? He has spent a LONG LONG time Creating his character and building it up and i keep in contact with him . He was pretty furouis when it happened , He wasnt givin any notice . I ask KK to think about Banning people that has been dedcaited and has Played this game since retail to rethink about just banning people for Very stupid reasons .

Mike"MayhemMike" Winn

Psychoninja
18-08-03, 03:52
What Lovry?

:wtf:

Just looked it up and nothing.

ghandisfury
18-08-03, 03:52
Hmmmmm, it's suprising you have friends, but OK. Think you might be right on this one (even more suprising), but then again there is probably more to it than that.

Joe222
18-08-03, 03:54
Its more interesting that some members will be let off easy for such actions where as others will be banned with no questions hurm..... guess the world revolves around who you know.

Psychoninja
18-08-03, 03:55
Ok, whats Lovry again?

Ste-X
18-08-03, 03:56
i think a perm ban is a bit much i think maybe a month ban or what have you to

i know him and he was joking around just some gms take things to serious

Peeping Tom
18-08-03, 03:56
seems wierd since i seen other runners running around with KK\gm Names
K4F

KimmyG
18-08-03, 03:57
I to would like to know what it meaning is im stumped:confused:

MayhemMike
18-08-03, 03:58
I know , I hope Most of the people of Neocron agree with me .It seems a few do .

Psychoninja
18-08-03, 03:59
What is Lovry? And what was wrong with the name Black Lovry?

Duder
18-08-03, 04:00
Originally posted by Psychoninja
What is Lovry? And what was wrong with the name Black Lovry?

Lol, no idea....

Ste-X
18-08-03, 04:01
well having your clan name as game master :O

Freeejumper
18-08-03, 04:03
i think there most be some more reasons for a perma ban. I dont think kk will bann him just for creating a char called black lovry ... and you guys know kk can change nicknames so i dont think its the real reason for his perma ban ...

Beefheart
18-08-03, 04:13
"What is Lovry? And what was wrong with the name Black Lovry?"

My guess is that at first glance, it can appear to read Black Ivory (ie: the name of a well known Game Master) and could be confused. My guess is that the characters name was actually spelled Black Lvory and was probably just made as a spoof. Perma-ban over it seems a little harsh though, actually any ban seems inappropriate unless the character was used maliciously.

Promethius
18-08-03, 04:15
Originally posted by Psychoninja
What Lovry?

:wtf:

Just looked it up and nothing.

the name was BlackLvory (lowercase L so it looked like Blacklvory)

Originally posted by Beefheart

My guess is that at first glance, it can appear to read Black Ivory (ie: the name of a well known Game Master) and could be confused. My guess is that the characters name was actually spelled Black Lvory and was probably just made as a spoof. Perma-ban over it seems a little harsh though, actually any ban seems inappropriate unless the character was used maliciously.

No never used the char for personal gain or anything. had char for about 3 hours. Said Hi in ooc once. thats bout it.

Susan Ivanova
18-08-03, 04:15
Originally posted by Beefheart

Unless you spell it Blacklvory

Nish
18-08-03, 04:16
Maybe they could actually make it so small els and big eyes couldn't get confused! Did anyone ever manage to get Resta's name in direct btw?

Kaden
18-08-03, 04:30
What? Banned for using an inappropriate name?? My god I've seen a HELL of a lot worse on the uranus server.

Erm, best not name em, as I might get banned

shodanjr_gr
18-08-03, 04:57
Spam

Lord Cypher
18-08-03, 04:58
[edit:cool down]

Alamais
18-08-03, 05:03
It does seem a little harsh that he was banned for doing this. I'm not quite sure why someone would even get banned for doing that. I've seen plenty of other people who have similar names to GM's and haven't had anything done to them. Unless there's more to it, then I don't get it at all and he shouldn't be banned.

MayhemMike
18-08-03, 05:04
Shodan , If you have nothting to contribute to this thread please don't post .

Promethius
18-08-03, 05:04
:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

Ya unban me =)

:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

Q`alooaith
18-08-03, 05:08
Black Ivory is a GM(still is?) and having a name like that would cause confusion, just imagine somone who's got the name of a GM comes upto you and says your using Such ans such dupped item and you should hand it over or be banned..

Now I'm not saying he did that, but they don't want anyone to do that.. it only takes one complaint, saying Hi in OOC might have triggered a complaint, or somone else might have made a char of that name and spoilted, bad timing?

anyway, perma bans a bit harsh. but you should'nt make a name to look like a GM..

Drexel
18-08-03, 05:19
A ban is a bit harsh, his a long term member of the community & id like to see him still play.

Cant a GM just change the character name to 'Im A silly Boy' or something, or even delete the offending character if they cant, but let him continue on his Alts.

You do know your a silly boy, right. :rolleyes:

Promethius
18-08-03, 05:23
there was no harm intended really. Wat really happened was i had to make a char in TT faction to hold this clan key (and become the leader of the clan) So i'm sitting there for about 10 min thinkin of a name. Then it comes to my mind. An old thought i had. I figured since they don't like people having GM names that they proly made Gm names that aren't exploitable such as using a lowercase L for BlackIvory. Then i figured if it was exploitable they would ahve jsut madea char so u couldn't get that name so i tried it out. Of course it works...i get the clan and Say hi in ooc. So of course a few people want me to say stuff so of course liek an idiot i did. I won't name names *points at rizzy* or anything.

THen after that i logged my other char and a few hours later Moonunit appears.

P.S. i kno i am a silly boy. (i also asked if they could jsut change the name cuz they can...i think when i asked that it angered moonunit =\)

Odin
18-08-03, 05:25
It's right in the rules. You impersonate and your gone.

Q`alooaith
18-08-03, 05:27
Originally posted by Promethius

P.S. i kno i am a silly boy. (i also asked if they could jsut change the name cuz they can...i think when i asked that it angered moonunit =\)

thats because it's more work for them. bloody hell, you think they have nothing better to do than wander around changing ppl's names all day...

/Edit in pink..

Originally posted by Odin

You might not have meant harm, but looks like terible... that's why you always make up your own names. Like R'Todbaith and T'Morta and so on, even prommy6982... better than a ban.. shame life gives the test and then the lesson..

Promethius
18-08-03, 05:30

Well I never really impersonated. I never said Yes i am the ubzor Gm or even claimed it. All i ever said on the char was 'hi'. Though of course it is borderline =\.

P.S. if i don't get unbanned...I hope to see soem of you guys/girls in Face of Mankind. =)

MayhemMike
18-08-03, 05:30
I'm Wondering if he said he was a Game Master or IN Game support. Pull up the logs.. Still harsh rule tho .

MadDog
18-08-03, 05:31
Its more interesting that some members will be let off easy for such actions where as others will be banned with no questions hurm..... guess the world revolves around who you know.

and how ironic is it that YOU of all people are posting in a ban thread... and YOU know what i mean fred =)

Mr Friendly
18-08-03, 05:33
Originally posted by Q`alooaith
Black Ivory is a GM(still is?) and having a name like that would cause confusion, just imagine somone who's got the name of a GM comes upto you and says your using Such ans such dupped item and you should hand it over or be banned..

Now I'm not saying he did that, but they don't want anyone to do that.. it only takes one complaint, saying Hi in OOC might have triggered a complaint, or somone else might have made a char of that name and spoilted, bad timing?

anyway, perma bans a bit harsh. but you should'nt make a name to look like a GM..

dunno if uve seen a gm before, but they have a certain title under their name.(where the faction would be), he wouldnt have one,

only an idiot would think hes a GM

Promethius
18-08-03, 05:35
lmao also i took the liberty of when i made that char to make his char a spy...who is black. (i dunno it was late and i thought it was funny...:rolleyes: )

Q`alooaith
18-08-03, 05:37
Originally posted by Mr Friendly
dunno if uve seen a gm before, but they have a certain title under their name.(where the faction would be), he wouldnt have one,

only an idiot would think hes a GM

Or somone talking direct or OOC as then they'd not need to see him..

Get the idea, it's not damaging to anyone near as they can see the truth of his rank, but it is to anyone that can not see him.. he'd be ok if he'd just shadup and not said anything.

Drexel
18-08-03, 05:42
If they banned all the idiots w'ed just have UnknownDevise running around spamming 'Anyone need help, Anyone ? Hello ?'

Mankind
18-08-03, 05:48
So...

Let's say someone came in tomorrow, and didn't know about a GM that quit 5 months ago. But they wanted that name of lets say "0Cool". You are instantly going to ban him because he is impersonating a GM? What about impersonating a GM without knowledgement?

Q`alooaith
18-08-03, 05:49
Originally posted by Drexel
If they banned all the idiots w'ed just have UnknownDevise running around spamming 'Anyone need help, Anyone ? Hello ?'

Naa, I'd still be about... probably finding ways to get myself stuck, or on top of MB, or Tech heaven... you know you can still get on top off all them still?

you any idea the number of sweet spots for droners there are.. like wow so many..

If they banned all the stupid people who make silly misstakes then we'd have less players, but then he's been playing a while and should know thge rules off by heart..

wait, I've been playing just as long and I don't know em all..... errm, anyway, it's never a good idea to have name like a GM in an online game..

Psychoninja
18-08-03, 05:52
[[Unless you'd like to join him I suggest knocking it off]]

Promethius
18-08-03, 05:53
Originally posted by Mankind
So...

Let's say someone came in tomorrow, and didn't know about a GM that quit 5 months ago. But they wanted that name of lets say "0Cool". You are instantly going to ban him because he is impersonating a GM? What about impersonating a GM without knowledgement?

Don't take that route...i had a rough idea it was wrong but i figured i was deleteing this char ina few days...never shoudl ahve said Hi in ooc thats wat i get for being friendly.

guywithnoears
18-08-03, 05:56
that's a stupid reason to ban someone for. there might be something behind partly the reason to banning him, but if it's just for creating a character that's kk-related and really doing no harm to the game itself...then kk's doing something wrong here. temp ban would have been less lethal, but kk decided to just ban him permanently.

i know this guy too...and he's a good guy. and i mean..let's be honest, he didn't do anything out of the ordinary...like hack accounts, use gm spawned accounts, etc etc.

unban him :(

Odin
18-08-03, 05:56
Originally posted by Promethius
Don't take that route...i had a rough idea it was wrong but i figured i was deleteing this char ina few days...never shoudl ahve said Hi in ooc thats wat i get for being friendly.

I'm not aware of the details myself. However you are showing knowledge of what your doing and that combined with the name itself warrants the ban.

Promethius
18-08-03, 05:58
I'm not aware of the details myself. However you are showing knowledge of what your doing and that combined with the name itself warrants the ban.

Hey it was a mistake. It had no intentions of doing harm. Also I'm not going to sit here and lie saying i didn't kno wat i was doing.

[edit: spelling mistakes....yes i make alot of em:lol: ]

jernau
18-08-03, 06:01
Well there are players called Snowcrash and Raganarok on Saturn. I think there's an Odin too. There was at least one other but I can't remember who/which now.

OT - how in the blazes have you got 31million nc (and not clocked down to 20) Promethius??

Mankind
18-08-03, 06:01
Odin, you are not quite there, but close ;)

So by what you just said, the GMs will NOT ban a person if they didn't have acknowledgement of stealing a GM name from the past? So then if that was the case, the GMs should have messaged Prom first, asking him to please remove that character from the account, because it is impersonating a GM. If he does not answer, or refuses to cooperate with the officials, then they can do what they wish.

The Rules of Conduct are there, yes. But you should add every GM name that has ever been in Neocron or is currently. Why? So people don't get banned because they are "impersonating" a GM. Yes Prom admitted it, but let's try and save some accounts in the future in light of this event.

Drexel
18-08-03, 06:02
Um, did phyconinja get Moderated ? or was it a joke, Theres no edit details.

Q`alooaith
18-08-03, 06:03

I was thinking that, might have been it was edited so quickly, rember you get some time before the forum tell's on you for making misstakes.

I edited one of my early replys and did it fast enough not to get told on,, though I did post in pink..

Xian
18-08-03, 06:06

Psychoninja posted at 04.42. Odin posted at 04.46. Odin had ample time to edit Psycho's post before he posted and for there to be no edit message, since we have 5 minutes to correct spelling and so forth now. (many people question edit messages as they might have removed part of an argument, etc.)

Anyway. You impersonate, you pay the price. Thats my opinion, of course.

Odin
18-08-03, 06:07
Well like I said prior I am not aware of the full details. Also Moonunit in no way can ban. Only KK employees can ban. Not about to argue details out on the forum especially when I wasn't the one who made the ban :D If he wants to appeal it then he will have to talk to helpdesk about it.