PDA

View Full Version : Mass Summoning Spells

bibliotequa
17-08-03, 22:38
With the introduction of the psi power suits the mood has been set, just gety 4 psi friends to stand together in a circle, wearing the suits, and youll get a weird vibe like that massive spell is being summoned, so why not make them? Maybe have spells such as mass ressurection, where everyone in a 15 foot radius or w/e is ressurected at once, or for apus, maybe a holy storm, once summoned a dark cloud fills up the sky and starts attacking enemies (maybe those not in clans/factions/ally factions) of the summoners or something.

How it could work: You need the "focus staff" or something like that, you know, a cool looking stick that you put in the ground like a turret, to begin the spell, then 4 (or w/e # devs would see fit) diffrent psis, with the "scrolls" for the spell, need to "shoot" the spell, aimed at the staff (there would be scroll part 1, 2, 3, 4, etc... depending on how many people are needed to summon this spell, depending on its tl (the highewr, the more complex) once you cast one part of the spell, you cant cast another for the same spell, until the spell is complete, or until the staff's "time limit" runs out, so that if everyone dies, a minute and a half later or w/e, the people can recast massive summons as long as they get a new staff. Each part of the spell may take something like 5 seconds to "recite".

Controling it: Maybe each staff can be "configured" by its owner, so that for example an apu staff affects either: Everyone but the X amount of casters; all but their clans; all but their clans, and factions; all but their clans, factions, and faction allies; only enemy factions; enemy factions and clans the casters' clans are at war with; etc... A ppu staff could affect: Everyone; the caster's clans; their factions; their faction allies; etc...

To prevent someone from an enemy clan completing your summon to make their clan immune to a powerful attack or something of the sort, you may set the staff to prevent Enemy factions, Enemy clans, etc... from summoning. Or maybe it is like joining a vehicle, the person right clicks the staff, it asks you if they can summon, and if you say yes then when they cast the spell it will actually take effect.

Its a really rough idea, which needs to be worked on, but how about it?

Rade
17-08-03, 22:41
Very cool idea.... for a fantasy game. Dont make this into dragons and dungeons please... Actually its already too much DnD, dont make it any worse :(

Arcadius
17-08-03, 22:45
I like the idea, unfortunately I don't feel the monk class is balanced enough yet to introduce that.

Also, it would need to have a cyberpunk feel. hehe

Like shadowrun. :P

Eckel
17-08-03, 22:47
Maybe a Radiation Cloud....X-ray dmg anyone ;)

Breschau
17-08-03, 22:51
While I do like the idea of a group of psi monks focussing together to perform psionic feats unachievable individually, I think this version of it is too 'magey'. Makes it too much like a group of mages in a fantasy game, rather than psionics in a cyberpunkesque game.

Unfortunately, the things that (for me personally) would feel right wouldn't be the kind of thing you could implement in a game like Neocron.

eg, I'd picture a group of 4-6 psi monks gathered in a remote location, joining hands or whatever as they all concentrate and merge their mental abilities to do something like mentally assassinate someone elsewhere in the city (you know.. trickle of blood from the victims nose and ears, then they keel over dead). Or mentally dominating an attacking force into killing each other instead. All the sort of thing that's a) very difficult to implement at all and b) very unbalanced in a video game.

bibliotequa
17-08-03, 22:52
muhaha xray cloud eyy? i like *giggles* that would so pwn. Anyway... yeah it would need to be all cyberpunkish, but just stand in a circle of only monks in power suits and tell me that doesnt look sweet as hell. (put 3rd person when you do it)

/edit: WOOT 1000 POSTS!!!!

P.S. Darn you arc, you have like 5500 or something, how do you do it j00 spammer :p

Judge
18-08-03, 01:56
Its a good idea for a fantasy, but I just can't see it fitting in well into a cyberpunk game. Sorry.

enablerbr
18-08-03, 02:01
leave that sort of thing to swamp mage masters.:D

Edit: wheres the S3X d34d dromes vote?

Erikin
18-08-03, 02:06
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh if you were playign shadowbane DND or carebear SWG or somthin sure why not we have a badass game no wussy as summoning circles or wait???? when thier summoning can they do anything else? hehe perfect opprotunity to snipe the stupid idiots

SigmaDraconis
18-08-03, 02:22
More overpowered monk stuff, cool...

Q`alooaith
18-08-03, 05:54
I point you to Warhammer Online. (http://www.warhammeronline.com)

The spell casting should be somthing like that, though it's not Neocron, seams like it'll be more like EQ but with sligthly diffrent combate..

In Neocron it'd be too overpowered, and how often do you get thirty seconds to cast a spell before everyone runs off knowing it'll kill em all if they stay..

just saying.

Arcadius
18-08-03, 05:55
Too fantasy? OH PLEASE.

Look at the movie Dark City, just picture it EXACTLY like that.

amfest
18-08-03, 10:17
so you have 4 apu monks . . and a ppu monk .. item is dropped between them . they all have a charge module . and attack the module .. it drains their psi pool completely and stays drained till it's finished .... then the ppu casts .....SOUL CLUSTER on it and summons one the size of a grim chasser OMG run!! as it kills all the summoners in berserk mode

. . . oh god ... what have we done

Rade
18-08-03, 10:31
Originally posted by Arcadius
Too fantasy? OH PLEASE.

Look at the movie Dark City, just picture it EXACTLY like that.

Dark City is a incredible fucking movie... But its hardly cyberpunk, keep it away from me.

Arcadius
18-08-03, 10:49
Originally posted by Rade
Dark City is a incredible fucking movie... But its hardly cyberpunk, keep it away from me.

Yay another dark city fan.

I didn't mean the movie was cyber punk, I meant the way the "cuning" worked and it was described didn't sound fantasyISH. :p

bounty
18-08-03, 10:58
love the idea and i think it could be done in this game without making it too "fantasy" , but for a rough idea, thats some good outside the box thinking

Rade
18-08-03, 11:25
Originally posted by Arcadius
Yay another dark city fan.

I didn't mean the movie was cyber punk, I meant the way the "cuning" worked and it was described didn't sound fantasyISH. :p

However. when you watch Dark City you need to stop the movie 5 minutes before it ends, because then it just goes downhill. Same with The Game. Other than the endings those two are probably the best movies evaaar.

Promethius
18-08-03, 11:49
actually i kinda liek thsi idea...Rhade who cares if its got some fantasy...

It would be cool to see 4 monks standing in a circle casting an uber spell of (either 4 ppu in which defensive spell or 4 apus in which it woulc cast an amazing offensive spell). The spell of course would be rare be like the rare 1-4 set. each part is a full rare itself which needs 5-6 parts.

basicaly u need 4 full rares consisting of 5-6 parts each full rare. when 4 a/ppu's weild these rares they summon a certain spell. i dunno it would be cool to see.

Arcadius
18-08-03, 11:59
However. when you watch Dark City you need to stop the movie 5 minutes before it ends, because then it just goes downhill.

O_o

Which part did it go downhill for you? I thought the entire movie pwnd.

Rade
18-08-03, 12:28
The last 5 minutes when they show why its really wrong. They should have just cut those out, stop the movie when they are breaking down the wall and its a great movie. "Mysterious" movies that doesnt leave you wondering has made a mistake somewhere on the road.

Q`alooaith
18-08-03, 14:04
The last 5 minutes when they show why its really wrong. They should have just cut those out, stop the movie when they are breaking down the wall and its a great movie. "Mysterious" movies that doesnt leave you wondering has made a mistake somewhere on the road.

yea. I like a good ending as much as anyone, but there's somthing about an open end.. I saw a film a bit ago, bit like the matrix, but totaly diffrent, and at the end it leaves a lot up in the air, but also says a lot.. kinda funny..

Helen Angilley
18-08-03, 14:44
It would work.

A single "passive" Psi-Monk is able to manifest enough Psi energy to create a Soul Cluster...something that's used to attack.

So it makes sense that a group of APUs, with perhaps a little help from a PPU, could combine their power to produce something over and above any piece of technology.

Arcadius
18-08-03, 21:08

OMG that was the best part, especially the fight scene.