PDA

View Full Version : THREADS MERGED - Grenade Launchers and EXPLOITING

Flea
17-08-03, 07:04
I heard KK's statement that "If you attack something, and it cannot attack you back AT ALL, it is exploiting" what about grenade launchers then, isnt the point of those to shoot around corners where enemies cant hit you?

-EnclaveGrunt-
17-08-03, 07:14
Might as well call RGC an exploit as it splash thru walls.....

Tycho C
17-08-03, 07:21
and people wonder why the grenade launchers suck...

maybe cause they don't want people doing exactly that...:eek:

Dirus
17-08-03, 07:31
I think you all are just taking this a little too far :rolleyes:

Cubico
17-08-03, 07:32
Hi,

I would say it is not.

Another example: These mutant scouts ... You can attack them with rifles, and they cant reach you with their knives.
Is it exploiting or a tactic?

Also, I find it very strange, that KK or whoever tells single runners what is allowed and what not.
There is no official thread in the forums about what is defined as exploit (show me if there is one please), there are only rumors.

And if you dont follow these rumors you can even be banned (I heard).

Can KK expect that all their runners read the forums here every day? No, they cannot IMO.
If there is something important, which needs to be communicated to all runners then they should send an ingame email or put it in capital red letters onto the launcher page.

japata
17-08-03, 07:34
Removing the glass from MC5 was taking it a little too far. I guess the capped players are just letting off steam by inventing new ways of getting people banned. :)

"OMG!11oneone I got a screenshot of someone using GL!11 OMG H4X"

( j/k :) )

thewarrior008
17-08-03, 07:54
Originally posted by japata
Removing the glass from MC5 was taking it a little too far. I guess the capped players are just letting off steam by inventing new ways of getting people banned. :)

"OMG!11oneone I got a screenshot of someone using GL!11 OMG H4X"

( j/k :) )

you are speaking from my mind

Promethius
17-08-03, 08:08
IMO if they think its exploiting...why not jsut fix it. Cuz i think if its in the game we should be able to do it. Its there job to fix it. Such as if the GR exploit as in hiding behind the GR's when u GR in is an exploit...and if a GM catches u , you can get into trouble....why not just fix it.

MortuusLupus
17-08-03, 08:32
I asked this same question a few weeks ago and got no response. They were pissed at people in NCPD headquarters killing guards that couldn't shoot back, so I asked about firing grenades into the crowds from the ledges, back against the wall so you can't get hit. No response.

Genso(psimonk)
17-08-03, 08:33
KK dosent want anyone to lv up at all ^^. ban the rgc and all area damage weapons !! BAN THEM NOW !!! ^^

Helen Angilley
17-08-03, 13:19
Originally posted by Genso(psimonk)
KK dosent want anyone to lv up at all ^^. ban the rgc and all area damage weapons !! BAN THEM NOW !!! ^^

Ban piss-poor grammar. Oof.

o.o;;

Rizzy
17-08-03, 13:24
Ban the troll!

Drake6k
17-08-03, 13:26
Ban anyone that can kill me.

Egeon
17-08-03, 13:46
Originally posted by Lupus
I think you all are just taking this a little too far :rolleyes:
Take a Grenade Launcher.
Take an OP with turrents inside.
Put a guy shooting grenades into the OP from outside (he can't be hit, but he can do damage)
Well... if making damage without being hit is an exploit (e.g. some former savespots in caves/leveling areas) and people get a mail from KK to stop "using savespots" (aka exploits o_O )... well, then the greanade Launcher is the offifial exploit weapon Nr.1 8|
So... what now?

Scikar
17-08-03, 14:47
Argh why does nobody get it?

Shooting a Scout from out of his range, or lobbing grenades over a wall is allowed, because if the scout moved his ass he'd be able to hit you. The exploits that are not allowed are areas where it is 100% impossible for a mob to target you when you can still target the mob (though turrets aren't counted, if the turret was placed on the other side of the wall it would still be able to hit you, right?). The only time it is exploiting is when you are using a flaw in the terrain which makes you invulnerable, stuff like finding a way to get inside the walls of CRP so the grims can't attack you but you can still shoot them.

Mingerroo
17-08-03, 14:58
If its an exploit for me to shoot a mob when it can't shoot me, then the same applies when I can't target a mob that has hidden in a wall and it shoots me.

Therefore I won't wait for it to exploit, and will use cover to DESTROY it. :D Thats my two cents. :)

Ren
17-08-03, 15:07
wrong button? should be merged?

Ascension
17-08-03, 15:08
KK, will rename the Grenade Launcher 2 the Exploit Launcher V.1

Either that are remove it from the game = /

Ste-X
17-08-03, 15:13
i have got a idea

make neocron a flat map no hills not buildings nothing no cover just a square room with a door for mc5 neocron would be much more fun then

Nidhogg
17-08-03, 15:29
Thread merged.

N

zanzan
17-08-03, 15:38
what about turrets...?

Scikar
17-08-03, 15:40
Originally posted by zanzan
what about turrets...?

What about them? If they get blown up because they can't target their attacker it's their own stupid fault for not moving. :)

enablerbr
17-08-03, 15:45
just be gratefull turrets don't shoot through walls and hills like they used to.

zanzan
17-08-03, 15:46
Originally posted by Scikar
What about them? If they get blown up because they can't target their attacker it's their own stupid fault for not moving. :)
rofl :)

Opiate
17-08-03, 15:53
That's what artillery turrets are for :D

Btw, did I mention we sell those? :p

For some reason ppl don't like using artillery turrets for OPs, while they're really usefull for situations like this AND for taking care of those pesky drones :D

Duder
17-08-03, 15:55
Originally posted by enablerbr
just be gratefull turrets don't shoot through walls and hills like they used to.

Why, apus can shoot through walls, hills, its fun!

Eddie
17-08-03, 16:57
Yeah.. what about Mc5? Previously with glass (I assume) you can "bounce" grenades round the glass and therefore do (tiny amounts of) damage to those big guys. Might take forever.. but you're safe.

Is that exploiting?

(Along with TL3 Heal, Stealth Turreting, etc. etc.)

Eddie

Scikar
17-08-03, 17:36
First, tl3 healing, and stealth turreting, like rezkilling are not exploiting. They all follow the same logic - it's legal to PK, it's legal to ressurect, hence combine the two and it's still allowed. Likewise, stealth is allowed, placing turrets is allowed.

Second, as I said before, hiding behind the glass in MC5 doesn't make you invulnerable. It just puts an object between you and the mob. If the mob comes round the glass, he can hit you, hence it's not an exploit. The times it's exploiting are when you are physically inside the terrain, and shooting out of it but not getting hit by a mob.

Eddie
17-08-03, 17:43
Yes... but they (I quote from a mod.. I think it was Lupus?) that they said that firing a Malediction through the glass was an exploit - using your same logic, Mobs could indeed (and sometimes do) come inside the glass - but that was still called to be a exploit.

Eddie

Scikar
17-08-03, 17:45
Argh nobody said Mally through the glass was an exploit. They said exploiting the safespot in MC5 is an exploit. The glass itself wasn't the problem, it was a certain place in MC5 where you could stand and shoot mobs but the mobs would never shoot you. That's what's exploiting.

Archeus
17-08-03, 18:10
Originally posted by Opiate
That's what artillery turrets are for :D

:lol:

I was driving a newbies from NC to TH. Passing redrock one of them accidently jumped out of the car by accident. I stopped on the mountain road so they could get to the APC. He came running up, then in the distance you could see an artillery shell firing up out of the OP... wheee.. *SMACK* right on the guy killing him just before he could get to the APC. :lol:

It was very funny to watch and I was amazed at the distance on those things.

Had an LE in too, so I had to drive back to pick him up again. -_-

bibliotequa
17-08-03, 19:09
Technically, it could be an exploit, but they are so crappy that who the hell cares, a rat could beat the crap out of you if your only wep is a grenade launcher...

DonnyJepp
17-08-03, 19:12
Hi Biblio :D :D Where ya been?

Eddie
17-08-03, 19:22
Originally posted by Callash:
@Arcadius: One could shoot the glass with a Malediction or something and still do damage without being in the rist of getting damage.
http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=72111&perpage=15&highlight=malediction%20glass&pagenumber=2

I think he's implying here ("without being in the risk of getting damage") that this is an exploit.

Eddie

Scikar
17-08-03, 19:32
That's exactly my point. If you are behind the glass, you're still at risk because one of the guards can come around the glass and shoot you. He's referring to the safespot where the guards never shoot you, hence 0 risk.

Archeus
17-08-03, 19:36
That's exactly my point. If you are behind the glass, you're still at risk because one of the guards can come around the glass and shoot you. He's referring to the safespot where the guards never shoot you, hence 0 risk.

They should just glass off the whole area so no one can get at them. then have the guards do a "/e sex" up at the glass and throw MC5 chips on the floor to decay.

Eddie
17-08-03, 20:24
I'm pretty sure (having been in there myself) that there was no "safespot" before they removed the glass completely this recent patch (when the glass did exist, rather).

Also.. is it not a case of the AI being too stoopid to come into the glass - and hence they assume it to be an exploit? Isn't it more of a omission on their part rather than (some of) us taking full advantage?

Eddie

bibliotequa
17-08-03, 20:26
hey tyr, i was on vacation for 2 months, i hear you're back :D. Err... now on topic... yeah... glass... just make the guards shoot through it :p j/k, maybe shrink it to a point where there is no safe spot? O_o

Arcadius
17-08-03, 20:27
Originally posted by bibliotequa
hey tyr, i was on vacation for 2 months, i hear you're back :D. Err... now on topic... yeah... glass... just make the guards shoot through it :p j/k, maybe shrink it to a point where there is no safe spot? O_o

YOU'RE BACK!

WELCOME BACK!

Scikar
17-08-03, 20:28
There was a safespot there. And yes I know where it was. Hiding behind the glass wasn't an exploit, though I haven't been back since it was removed so I don't know what it's like now.

Arcadius
17-08-03, 20:30
There was a safespot there. And yes I know where it was. Hiding behind the glass wasn't an exploit, though I haven't been back since it was removed so I don't know what it's like now.

That pisses me off, I didn't use any safespot or exploit and I get screwed over because of a few bad apples. C'mon KK that's unfair.

bibliotequa
17-08-03, 20:35
hey arc, its good to be back, you are an apu again? Yeah mc5 must be killer now w/o the glass, going into a room of copbots treating you like you have -100 sl without cover is stupid, come on kk, isnt there a better way to go about this? Why is it that cause of a few idiots everyone always gets screwed, and nc is like the convention for that type of idiot...

Scikar
17-08-03, 20:35
Originally posted by Arcadius
That pisses me off, I didn't use any safespot or exploit and I get screwed over because of a few bad apples. C'mon KK that's unfair.

Would you prefer if they put it back in and suddenly a certain few people had 10 MC5 chips each to sell? No thanks. I'm assuming the current situation is temporary, hopefully KK will pick up on the idea of an epic run for the chips instead. It would be nice if we didn't have to fight 5 guys with CopBot rifles for the damn things, especially since my comp splutters when I get hit by those things, especially when I get hit by 20. :p

Stigmata
17-08-03, 20:57
quit whining about the mc5 setup

with abit of practice and lot of ppu'ing yu will get your chips, it is just as easy to farm now as it was before.

Andy