PDA

View Full Version : Damage Calculator Spreadsheet

Xin
17-08-03, 06:49
Threw this together tonight, kind of interesting I think.

http://home.earthlink.net/~terek55/data/damageCalculatorDemo.xls

Basically, you type in your resists and the armor you're using, and it shows you how much damage is being absorbed based on type.
You can enter up to 3 different sets of armor and it will allow you to compare which is best for different damage types.

I checked it for viruses before posting, you should check it for viruses, too!

Webmasters, feel free to link to it.

thewarrior008
17-08-03, 06:52
wat is xls document??? i cant open it

Xin
17-08-03, 06:53
It's a Micro$oft Excel spreadsheet.

thewarrior008
17-08-03, 06:54
oh damn some pl donot have that :rolleyes: including me

well i opned the document in word but lol its like u opena website in notepad :p

Xin
17-08-03, 07:00
Haven't tried it, but you might be able to use this:
http://office.microsoft.com/downloads/2002/owc10.aspx

Please note that I'm not at all promoting the installation of a Microsoft product, and this spreadsheet certainly ain't worth the trouble :rolleyes:

thewarrior008
17-08-03, 07:05
eweweweweweweewe no thnx no microsoft shit cept windows on my pc :p

but ill try it on my laptop to checku out :p

thewarrior008
17-08-03, 07:08
well after i install it wat do i do 8|

Tycho C
17-08-03, 07:18
my two cents.

It's cool to have the 3 seperate areas to have the armors.... but there is only one area for skill res... I would like to be able to change each one to have a completely diff armor AND skill setup....

but thats just meh:angel:

thewarrior008
17-08-03, 07:26
i still cant use the calc but i saw the look out and calculated hres my question:
i got the percentage of absorbed damage with my setup and armor but how do i know if wat the percenentage is of the FUL dmage or the main engery damaghe for the energy resitance and the other (xray,heat) dmaage for itself

this is for cs damage

Xin
17-08-03, 07:41
I think you're trying to ask "How can I use this to calculate how much damage I'll take from a CS?"

If so, the answer is kinda tricky:
The CS does 4 * 324 enr/frc, and as a runner you automatically take only 66% of that much - 4*214 (since players have "steel skin")

Since I'm not sure how much of the 4*214 is energy, and how much is force.. let's assume (probably wrongly) that's it's 50/50.

so take your "damage absorption" percentage from the spreadsheet for energy (call it x) and for force (call it y)

Assuming all 4 shots hit, the weapon is capped, and the weapon is modded only with the given mod, you would take (428*x)+(428*y) damage by my calculations, but that seems really high.

There's also something about "burst" weapon bonuses that I'm not sure is taken into account.

It'd be easier to get someone with a CS to shoot you than to do the math :p

thewarrior008
17-08-03, 07:46
no dude
the dmg is shown in the ammo/dmaga thing ther u can see
and from thre u can take ur pernceatage and canculate i tink tats all theory though in real tats not like tat im testing atm

btw a caped cs moded with heat
does 68 energy dmg and 55 heat

Xin
17-08-03, 07:47
Yeah, you can get the damage numbers from there, but that's the damage that would be done a level 0 NPC, not to a runner.

thewarrior008
17-08-03, 07:50
lol no
tats the dmg tat would be done to a 50/50

since this is the rank for all weapons which determins the dmg and is same as if u count 68 and 55 from cs which is 123 just go out and shoot a cyclopse and check :p

thewarrior008
17-08-03, 07:52
baoh im tired its 2 am gn8 :angel:

Scikar
17-08-03, 15:38
1) The damage in the info window in Neocron is not accurate for all weapons, e.g. TSG.

2) Runners take 33% damage, not 66%, I think.

3) Resist Force adds both Force and Piercing armor.

Black Lotus
17-08-03, 20:42
Not bad Xin, take into account what Scikar has said though. I have put together something similar that if anyone is interested in can get here (http://www.neocron.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/resists.xls).

Scikar
17-08-03, 20:49
Is there any chance anyone can do a html based version? All I have for .xls files is a viewer that doesn't let me put my values in. Also it might be useful to include 3 different resist setups as well as 3 different armor setups, this way we can see if swapping for example a PP chip for a moveon and thus using different armor will be more or less effective.

jernau
18-08-03, 02:23
Nice work.

Now if only I could believe the source data and theory....

Xin
18-08-03, 03:38
Originally posted by Scikar
1) The damage in the info window in Neocron is not accurate for all weapons, e.g. TSG.

Good to know. I took the stats from neocron.ems.ru, not from the weapon windows.

2) Runners take 33% damage, not 66%, I think.

My bad, I read it wrong.

3) Resist Force adds both Force and Piercing armor.

Sweet, fixed.

Edit: changed tense of message to reflect that I uploaded a new version