PDA

View Full Version : A solution to OP turrets

Flea
17-08-03, 05:42
We all know turrets suck, they might as well not be ingame due to the fact that one APU monk with a beam weapon can take them all out because they dont need a clear LOS to kill them and turrets cant move to a better position. My idea is to "buy" an npc like a copbot-type defense system that defends the OP when your clan sleeps or isnt online, this way you WOULD need more than just an apu that kills turrets from safe spots. They would be a variety of kinds, or maybe just 3 with different ranks, and weapons. They would NOT be able to leave the op, there is an invisible wall along a set paramater around the OP so it couldnt run off killing the zones mobs. It would be a really nice solution to "ninja hacking" and make your money worthwhile. Input please? :rolleyes:

BlackDove
17-08-03, 06:26
Aren't they just like supposed to serve a purpose in warning the clan before the actual hacking is being done?

thewarrior008
17-08-03, 06:31
not realy turets are used by stealther while the actual fight to deploy them in the enemies crowds... :rolleyes:

Flea
17-08-03, 06:31
if that was their only purpous they wouldnt have guns on them.

SorkZmok
17-08-03, 06:33
Hey, Turrets are fine! Well, no, only good thing about them is that you can drop em stealthed without delay and turn a whole fight with this.

OH WAIT, NO! DROPPING TURRETS STEALTHED AND ONE AFTER ONE IS TEH PURE SHIT!!!111111

Flea
17-08-03, 06:40
back on topicc arrwwww

Erinyes
17-08-03, 07:12
Just wondering, do you think you should be able to hold ops while no one in your clan is online?

If everyone in your clan is offline, an op battle still occurs. One or two offensive players from another clan and some hackers are the attacking force. The hackers might even be able to help with the turrets, or one of the offensive players could be a a hacker. That's what 4 or 5 people at most. You didn't bring anybody to the fight. 5-0, you should have brought more people to the fight. You deserve the loss. If you disagree with this assessment, how big of a team do you think should be required to take the op in, say, 4 hours, when everyone is offline? Remember, were talking about mob ai here, its mostly pretty stupid.

If your issue is with an apu taking out turrets without having a direct line of sight, I suggest you ask KK to remedy it, and attempt to gather others to your cause. I guess I just can't see why you would want op defenses apparently greatly strengthened, something that could have broad ramifications, to fix such a specific problem as the exploitive use of a spell in one situation.

Promethius
17-08-03, 08:17
I think it would be cool to see some TH bots walkin around the OP defending it.

heres a thought:
Make it so u drop a turret which looks like a stun trap...but instead its an energy feild thingy that spawns a TH bot (or something new) and the bot must stay within a few meters of the 'stun trap liek thingy' because it is like its power supply. So this bot thingy jsut wonders around about 5-10 meters or soemthing and acts like a mk3 gatlin... i dunno jsut a thought.

Btw turrets are strong enough. If u drop a stun and some gatlins in the middle of an OP war... like in the big group of fighters well they are pretty much fucked.