PDA

View Full Version : Faction only Gen Reps

Dru Blood
16-08-03, 22:31
hi, just wondering how everybody else is finding these locked genreps.

my current issue is having to run miles to level my character, mostly the cave zones genreps are locked to either clan or faction. having to run 10 zones is a bit of an ass i prefered it the way it was before.

i have an idea though which i think would be good:

ditch the current genrep idea return to the way it used to be but add this little extra;
when attacking an op, the clan hacking the op should be able to lock the gen rep so the defending clan cant genrep into that zone.

please let me know how every one else is finding this and use the pol.

:angel:

Dru Blood
18-08-03, 09:29
obviously most people arent that bothered about the genrep system then,

nm :D

Promethius
18-08-03, 09:55
Well it does suck that unclanned people trying to level can't GR but as i suggested in teh past. That LE users should DEF be able to GR without any restrictions. hell the reason they ahve LEs is to avoid teh PvP aspect fo teh game. And lockin the GRs is to keep enemys out....so i think its dumb how Le's can't sue the GR's. Also people with Le's would have no problem in cahos caves for SL hits and such things.

Tho thsi current system i like. It increase's the value of holding an OP. Even if one clan owns nearly the entire map ^^.

Drake6k
18-08-03, 10:03
The only problem right now is the underground IMHO. Turrets down there is a bitch. Also I think once the OP is taken and the enemy leaves underground it's then locked from them going back inside.

Promethius
18-08-03, 10:17
Originally posted by Drake6k
The only problem right now is the underground IMHO. Turrets down there is a bitch. Also I think once the OP is taken and the enemy leaves underground it's then locked from them going back inside.

No its just the surroundsings. Of course puttign turrets in a small area and no palces to hide is going to fuck people up. its the onyl safe spot a clan can get to when the Op is under attack. Making the underground liek the Old GR's that u can camp is lame.

Crest
18-08-03, 10:33
I agree, Put the tureets where you want down there, but limit the amount of visits from a clan.

So if I am a clan memeber and I GR there, I am safe, when I leave the room, it is locked for 2 minutes for me so I can't keep jumping in and out and taking adv of this position.

That way if I die I die, instead of having a PPU siting underground where no one can get to.

Also as far I Know if you hack an op the turrets become yours, so then you have a clan underground, turrets setting set, and wham, one dead clan...Mebbe I am wrong though.....

Promethius
18-08-03, 11:05
Originally posted by Crest
I agree, Put the tureets where you want down there, but limit the amount of visits from a clan.

So if I am a clan memeber and I GR there, I am safe, when I leave the room, it is locked for 2 minutes for me so I can't keep jumping in and out and taking adv of this position.

That way if I die I die, instead of having a PPU siting underground where no one can get to.

Also as far I Know if you hack an op the turrets become yours, so then you have a clan underground, turrets setting set, and wham, one dead clan...Mebbe I am wrong though.....

that makes very littel sense to make the room lock on you =\. Its jsut an advantage of holding teh OP. Which since teh Op itself was designed poorly u should have an advantage and this is a safe spot fromt eh enemy. Also if its jsut one or 2 people down there the attacking force could easily go down and destroy those turrets.

I think its all fine except that LE's can't GR.

Dru Blood
18-08-03, 18:33
i agree with prom, a much better idea would be to allow LE users to genrep where the hell they like dispite faction and or clan setting at that op..

people without a faction should also be able to genrep where every they like aswell, unless KK are saving that for when the paladin status is implemented.

KimmyG
18-08-03, 18:41
I like it for op wars they cant just GR in one zone over and rush. BUt only thing is they need more GR's its a bitch to get places crest and point red is it?

Scikar
18-08-03, 19:11
Originally posted by KimmyG
I like it for op wars they cant just GR in one zone over and rush. BUt only thing is they need more GR's its a bitch to get places crest and point red is it?

Not at all. People are just spoilt from always having GRs. Use a vehicle instead, that's what they're for.

iNsAnE
18-08-03, 19:38
Originally posted by Crest

the turrets in underground are bugged. they belong to the former owning clan until the zone is resetted which doesn't happen with people down there. So the former owners can just wait down there, the attackers can't zone down for they will be killed by the turrets before they even left synch.

btw i agree with scikar. use a vehicle. Go NeXT! :D

BlackPrince
18-08-03, 19:39
The second LE users are allowed to GR anywhere regardless of Faction we're going to see a flood of LE 'noobs' show up at OPs at about the same time the enemy is getting ready to attack.

And to this I say "Not no, but HELL NO!".

LE users are players and are stuck withint the context of the games Roleplaying just like everyone else. Just because you don't/won't fight does not mean that all of a sudden you are not an Enemy of my faction.

Duder
18-08-03, 19:53
Originally posted by Scikar
Not at all. People are just spoilt from always having GRs. Use a vehicle instead, that's what they're for.

Yup, stop moaning that you cant use the GR to CRP, walk or use a bike....how hard is that...?o_O

Tregard
18-08-03, 21:13
Originally posted by Duder
Yup, stop moaning that you cant use the GR to CRP, walk or use a bike....how hard is that...?o_O

o_O

Considering the Y Reps.....very G** D*** hard :mad:

BlackPrince
18-08-03, 21:27
Getting around them is easy, if you use your brain and mini map.

Duder
18-08-03, 21:35
Originally posted by Tregard
o_O

Considering the Y Reps.....very G** D*** hard :mad:

Erm..... the Y reps arnt that deadly, ive been driving with my lawnmover, they hardly hit you....unless you stop and wait for the Y rep to catch up...

Dru Blood
18-08-03, 21:38
sounds like ya got no energy resists or out, coz i have to take a good 4 or 5 blasts before i die unbuffed. stealthing past em is best ;)

ill lom all my hightech and go mostly pistol and enough to use the hovertec.

:angel:

Maarten
18-08-03, 21:39
I suggest moving the CRP GenRep to Catlock Bay... It's an anarchy zone so it can't be locked and it is located between the three chaos caves...

After that, place a GR at the Battle Dome and get that GR at the Racetrack installed and then all places of the Wastelands are easily accesable by neutral genreps...

Cruzbroker
18-08-03, 21:59
Why should everything be easy? har har...

Duder
18-08-03, 22:01
Yup, there should be a risk you know....or else its like driving in your backyard...how fun is that?

Scikar
18-08-03, 22:04
No, Cycrow and the whole Catlock area is a key point for the defense of TG. If you put crp GR in Catlock then you'll have people taking Cycrow all the time, as well as raiding TG from it. I don't see a GR in an anarchy zone next to MB do I?

BlackPrince
18-08-03, 22:08
Originally posted by Duder
Yup, there should be a risk you know....or else its like driving in your backyard...how fun is that?

a Hell of a lot with a 4 wheel drive and 3 cases of beer in ya.

Maarten
18-08-03, 22:15
Originally posted by Scikar
No, Cycrow and the whole Catlock area is a key point for the defense of TG. If you put crp GR in Catlock then you'll have people taking Cycrow all the time, as well as raiding TG from it. I don't see a GR in an anarchy zone next to MB do I?

If that's the case, then they should move the most popular leveling caves in the game to a GR that IS neutral.

Tregard
18-08-03, 22:26
Very well, I'll shut up. I haven't had much chance to play lately anyway.

wolfus1
19-08-03, 00:12
even though i hate the GR rules now its the way to go and adds more to the game which i like

Scikar
19-08-03, 00:47
Originally posted by Maarten
If that's the case, then they should move the most popular leveling caves in the game to a GR that IS neutral.

Or you could leave them where they are and let the people who want to level there take the OP first.

BlackPrince
19-08-03, 00:49
What makes you LE and Non-Clanned Runners think you deserve special treatment and that things you don't like should be changed to accomodate you?