PDA

View Full Version : Give APU's sum luvin pls

Lexxuk
16-08-03, 14:31
Ok, I got a new APU Monkeh on Pluto, and I seem to spend more time at the GR pokin myself, than I do levelin up, even though I use a heck of a lot of medkits.

Now, I "could" use a TL 3 heal I suppose, but, with 100+ apu, getting 7PPU =30% of 100 = 30 = -27PPU on my TL3 spell (yes, its that bad).

So, because people say "omg, tl3 heal, he's soo ub3r 1337 nerf him" just fix medkits, make them work as fast as a 50% capped TL 3 heal, instead of the bullshit "heal 1 point every 55 seconds" thats in now, which would also benefit all classes, even tanks, without overpowering newb APU monks who cant kill anyone cause they have their LE in still (pfft, its Pluto, u think I'm takin my LE out? heh, not till I r capped :p)

HellHound
16-08-03, 14:36
o_O .......

NERF THE MONKS?

EDIT: oh alright, I was just kidding. I mean who in their right mind lugs around 10 medkits when they can carry an unlimited use TL3 heal that weighs about 1/20th of the amount? Oh, apu monks of course. Seriously, almost NOBODY uses medkits once they can heal themselves, so it makes the item completely redundant except for one specific class. Talk about balance issues. :rolleyes:

Drake6k
16-08-03, 14:48
I'll say it again. They need a healing tool. Like uses medkit ammo lol and you use kinda like a gun.

Opiate
16-08-03, 14:53
You gimp :p

Just take your friggin LE out and I'll heal your sorry ass :D

enablerbr
16-08-03, 14:54
btw does rez/killing give good CON xp.:D

Lexxuk
16-08-03, 14:57
Originally posted by Opiate
You gimp :p

Just take your friggin LE out and I'll heal your sorry ass :D

pfft, stick ur LE in n heal my sorry ass :p

@ Enab - well, u could get con exp by being shot quite a few times, possibly as a GR, several thousand times, not that I would endorse such a thing of course ;)

Spy XX
16-08-03, 15:17
lol thats funny, english community says: monks are tooo weak, german community says: ban all monks they are way too powerful lol.

To get back to topic:

i think apu should get the possibility to use tl 3 heal, cause everyone can use them, even the dumbest (sorry to all tanks) tank. what about altering the anti hybrid rule, if you are below 10 ppu points you wont get any -skills from your apu and if you are below 10 apu you don't get any -skills from your ppu skill.

example:
10 ppu, 110 apu: no -ppu cause of the apu, you cast spells with 10 ppu.
20 ppu, 110 apu: you cast spells like you would with 10 ppu, they have the same effect like they have with 10 ppu.

this way a apu could cast tl 3 heal, but not much more.

Hope you understand what i mean.

Scikar
16-08-03, 15:26
It still doesn't work. As an apu you simply cannot spare any psi points. Our mana pool is low enough as it is if we want good damage on spells. The only type of apu that would benefit from this are those who choose a large mana pool over damage, and those are few and far between.

t0tt3
16-08-03, 15:46
If you go for the tl3 ppu advice then you cant runcast....
APU that cant runcast O_o Yea their only protection is to MOVE MOVE MOVE :D

So give the poor APU:s a bit of PvM healing or something ^^

HellHound
16-08-03, 15:46
Forgot to add: actually voted no because heals take time to cast, if medkits had the same level of effect you could just hit the key while running, definite no-no there. There should be something that has exactly the same effect, just knock off the ppu requirements like people have said a few dozen times. :p

Scikar
16-08-03, 15:50
Originally posted by HellHound
Forgot to add: actually voted no because heals take time to cast, if medkits had the same level of effect you could just hit the key while running, definite no-no there. There should be something that has exactly the same effect, just knock off the ppu requirements like people have said a few dozen times. :p

You get a stamina hit from using a medkit, somewhere around a hit of 20. That means you're about to stop running. :p If they only healed at 50% the level of tl3 heal then there's hardly a problem with that.

Archeus
16-08-03, 15:58
Rather then work as medkits and keeping with the APU theme. Give the APUs a spell that does a little bit of damage but transfers that damage back to them as health.

It should transfer enough to keep them alive while hurting only a little bit on the other person. It should also not be spammable, and it should not kill the person (prehaps does nothing if the victim is too weak).

As for medkits. Ammo clone. All the medkits you will ever need.

deac
16-08-03, 16:12
rawr apus DONT need any boosts.... right now they seem just fine... and since the hyb nerf there is a lot of ppus running around

solling
16-08-03, 17:13
i say no cuz then in PvP tank and apus would have a even bigger advantage

one of the good things about PE for instance is he can heal in mid combat with a decent heal thats one of the only chance hes got against tanks etc

SigmaDraconis
16-08-03, 17:16
OMG NO i just rolled an APU monk..with a heal that didnt penalize my APU they would fucking own everything :O

OMG OMG OMG NO...we already have one god class in the game ffs

Im perfectly happy having to be slightly careful and chomping down 34cr choco chugger thingymagits...

its sad really..a good rank /30-40 APU is on par with most capped spies and PE's...

ericdraven
16-08-03, 17:49
Originally posted by SigmaDraconis
its sad really..a good rank /30-40 APU is on par with most capped spies and PE's...

Those spies and PEs must suck big time then.

Scikar
16-08-03, 17:54
Originally posted by SigmaDraconis

Not at all. Rifles are the bane of the apu monk, we are extremely vulnerable to sniper rifles and we can't escape very easily by using stealth for example. Also spies and PEs have access to the best PvP piercing weapons - SH, PE, and Lib. SpeedGun isn't a problem because it doesn't hit very much, and the tank using it needs to pop a lot of stamina boosters during a fight, a bit of dodging and he's wasted half a clip and is down to walking speed. Lib and PE are much harder to avoid and thus more lethal.

evs
16-08-03, 17:56
animals

Arcadius
16-08-03, 20:30
Apus are almost fine.

What I really wanna see in order of importance is

1.MANA POOL. Even with DS my mana pool is low, I just remembered how much lower it was without DS. C'mon KK you can't keep shafting us with this mana pool.

2.Spell tweaks. Fire spells are weaker PvP than energy spells, even though their higher TL and harder to cap. Also fire apoc is much slower than HL. Um why? I think their may be a bug with x-ray resist that 'adds' fire resist too. Also since yoyo health bug is fixed, please fix poison THX.

3.Medkits. This is outrageous. Sometimes it only heals 20. Sometimes the health goes up then goes back down. THeir too expensive for the amount you have to buy, and they weight too much.

Our defense is fine. :) I wouldn't mind seeing some new toys either. :D

Mr Friendly
16-08-03, 20:33
apus are fine

their luvin is the ppu monk :P

ppu monk + apu monk = no life for you!

Mr Friendly
16-08-03, 20:35
and arcadius, yeah, i think we're gonna get like either new types or new models of spells when DoY comes out.

but also every other class gets the new type weapons

and here we go with nerfin again :rolleyes: i at least wanna enjoy the original creation of DoY before its nerfed

Arcadius
16-08-03, 20:38
Originally posted by Mr Friendly
apus are fine

their luvin is the ppu monk :P

ppu monk + apu monk = no life for you!

BAH

No class should be restricted to being effective only when paired with another specific sub-class of a class. :p

and arcadius, yeah, i think we're gonna get like either new types or new models of spells when DoY comes out.

but also every other class gets the new type weapons

and here we go with nerfin again :rolleyes: i at least wanna enjoy the original creation of DoY before its nerfed

rofl yea, I'm not even gonna get hyped up when I see the new spells. I'll wait till they are in retail, people cry nerf, then their "tweaked". Then i'll be excited. :D

Lucjan
16-08-03, 21:26
I wonder if there were any consequences when KK would boost medkits? Every class would benefit from it, the APU would have something to heal at a rate higher then the current frustration level and it just seems to be a too simple solution to work ;-)

IronMonkey
16-08-03, 21:34
thats the problem hehe
its to simple its not knee jerking etc etc =-P

deac
17-08-03, 00:55
Originally posted by Arcadius

2.Spell tweaks. Fire spells are weaker PvP than energy spells, even though their higher TL and harder to cap. Also fire apoc is much slower than HL. Um why? I think their may be a bug with x-ray resist that 'adds' fire resist too.

no but fireapoc would do insane dmg if you could stack it just as fast as hl......

thats the reason its slower... i think....

Arcadius
17-08-03, 00:59
Originally posted by deac
no but fireapoc would do insane dmg if you could stack it just as fast as hl......

thats the reason its slower... i think....

*sigh*

I swear I must be the only apu to look closely at spells and spell damage.

One hit of FA does less than one hit of HL. There. So if one "blast" of FA and all it's ticks does 60 and one hit of HL does 80, how does that make sense?

GT_Rince
17-08-03, 01:01
I sleep with dead animals...

Well, what did you expect... Sympathy ? :D

XenivouS
17-08-03, 01:34
If anything a new apu spell that would drain the mana pool or stamina for health. That would seriously help apu's and maybe we wont get killed as easily.

=Chojin=
17-08-03, 01:44

One hit of FA does less than one hit of HL. There. So if one "blast" of FA and all it's ticks does 60 and one hit of HL does 80, how does that make sense?

is that the idea tho 2 stack FA?
but yeah i want something that heal's me
i agree with Lucjan abut the medikit thingy ...so all thats left is a vampire spell ^^ or something like it would work nicely.

Ch0

Arcadius
17-08-03, 01:57
Originally posted by =Chojin=
is that the idea tho 2 stack FA?

There's no stack bonus.

So hitting once for 60, then 2 hours later hitting again for 60, is the same as quickly hitting twice.

=Chojin=
17-08-03, 02:00
but the burn dmg....... u dont attack someone with fire with no intention of not hitting them again do u....?

Ch0

Arcadius
17-08-03, 02:12
but the burn dmg....... u dont attack someone with fire with no intention of not hitting them again do u....?

Ch0

?

I was including the burn damage.

If FA is meant to do 60 in one "hit.

You hit twice.

35 5 5 5 5 5
35 5 5 5 5 5

Either way it comes out to the same amount. There's nothing special about the stacks. Even if there was some "stack" bonus, it must be crap because I tested hitting a tank very quicly multiple times, and every single time HL came out on top.

FA should be stroner than HL.

=Chojin=
17-08-03, 02:19
i dunno i find if i get enough stacks in its fine...its just getting the stacks in thats the problem....

Ch0

Arcadius
17-08-03, 02:22
i dunno i find if i get enough stacks in its fine...its just getting the stacks in thats the problem....

Ch0

Go ahead and test it then. It's an illusion, alot of people mistakenly think getting enough stacks in will cause decent damage because they see all the high numbers popping up at once after a few stacks, but that's just the damage 'catching up'. Yet if you do the same number of hits with HL you'll see HL blow it away.

Unless they have poor fire resist.

=Chojin=
17-08-03, 02:24
yeah i spose it all depends on the resists,
and yeah ill test it :) thx for the info...

/me uses HL for the rest of his Nc days :)

Ch0

Q`alooaith
17-08-03, 03:14
Go ahead and test it then. It's an illusion, alot of people mistakenly think getting enough stacks in will cause decent damage because they see all the high numbers popping up at once after a few stacks, but that's just the damage 'catching up'. Yet if you do the same number of hits with HL you'll see HL blow it away.

Unless they have poor fire resist.

Ahh but it can be good to do the DoT so you can switch to HL and do a have them burn and fry at the same time... though posion's better as it stacks longer..

Mr Friendly
17-08-03, 03:16

Ch0

well yeah, not everything is gonna come on a silver platter to u all b/c u play the game. the FA is stronger than the HL as long as u get some stacks in.

Arcadius
17-08-03, 03:19
Originally posted by Q`alooaith
Ahh but it can be good to do the DoT so you can switch to HL and do a have them burn and fry at the same time... though posion's better as it stacks longer..

That's just for showing off lol.

well yeah, not everything is gonna come on a silver platter to u all b/c u play the game. the FA is stronger than the HL as long as u get some stacks in.

Nope.

X number of HL hits>X number of FA stacks

Scikar
17-08-03, 03:22
Yeha but like Q said, if you hit them with FA then go for HL you can HL them while they burn at the same time.

Q`alooaith
17-08-03, 03:23
That's just for showing off lol.

No, it can be pretty good for getting a good stack on that poor old PPU... though killing a PPU can take forever.. wish I had a holy antibuff, or even an antibuff, then I'd show em..

Originally posted by Scikar
Yeha but like Q said, if you hit them with FA then go for HL you can HL them while they burn at the same time.

But I find fire barrels better for that, you barrel their feet once then HL their legs out then the head..

Arcadius
17-08-03, 03:24
No, it can be pretty good for getting a good stack on that poor old PPU... though killing a PPU can take forever.. wish I had a holy antibuff, or even an antibuff, then I'd show em..

Hell no man. You can even ask Pitspawn, Shelter seems to absorb a hell of alot more fire than it absorbs energy.

Unless you mean AFTEr debuff.

Q`alooaith
17-08-03, 03:30
Hell no man. You can even ask Pitspawn, Shelter seems to absorb a hell of alot more fire than it absorbs energy.

Unless you mean AFTEr debuff.

Nooooo, stack that damage, fire, posion, then debuff his ass..

think of how damageing it'd all be, five posion stacks, three fire, and your shelter/deflector/heal comes down all at once..

now that'd be kickass, as he's rebuffing, or healing HL to death...

though I need an anti buff first, but when I've got one, watch out PPU's, your ass will be seagrass..

Arcadius
17-08-03, 03:34
Nooooo, stack that damage, fire, posion, then debuff his ass..

think of how damageing it'd all be, five posion stacks, three fire, and your shelter/deflector/heal comes down all at once..

now that'd be kickass, as he's rebuffing, or healing HL to death...

though I need an anti buff first, but when I've got one, watch out PPU's, your ass will be seagrass..

I find fire to simply be too ineffective against ppus. Poison is much more effective, simply because it bypasses shelter.

Unfortunately KK decided to give PPUs their own little anti poison sanctum that completely NULLIFIES an entire type of damage from an apu every few seconds so that the PPU can just sit on his ass and be immune to 1 type of damage.

What's next a holy anti-death sanctum? :rolleyes:

Q`alooaith
17-08-03, 03:42
I find fire to simply be too ineffective against ppus. Poison is much more effective, simply because it bypasses shelter.

Unfortunately KK decided to give PPUs their own little anti poison sanctum that completely NULLIFIES an entire type of damage from an apu every few seconds so that the PPU can just sit on his ass and be immune to 1 type of damage.

What's next a holy anti-death sanctum? :rolleyes:

maybe a fire extigquisher(however you spell the fucking word) santum, or anti energy...

Duder
17-08-03, 04:32
Noo lets give Monks 20 spells, and make 20 drugs for the said Spells, that would be so cool, everyone would use the drugs, moneysink !!!!

Hmm i think Apus are fine, maybe make the First Aid kits, you know, those brown one, into something useful, say gives 25+ Hlt instantly, while a medkit gives 100 hlt, but at a constant, but slower rate......adasdsaddfhjkfhakfsj there. 8|

Q`alooaith
17-08-03, 04:35
Originally posted by Duder
Noo lets give Monks 20 spells, and make 20 drugs for the said Spells, that would be so cool, everyone would use the drugs, moneysink !!!!

Hmm i think Apus are fine, maybe make the First Aid kits, you know, those brown one, into something useful, say gives 25+ Hlt instantly, while a medkit gives 100 hlt, but at a constant, but slower rate......adasdsaddfhjkfhakfsj there. 8|

that'd be a good idea but.... then you'd have ppl, not APU's fill their QB's with first aids and just pop them all the time, like PPU with PSI shield and the old boosters..

Maybe give first aid's a drugflash too, so you'd only be able to use a few before running around becomes too hard...

hmm...

Duder
17-08-03, 04:41
They should remove the crazy walk after you used a drug or 2, id rather be blind then walk like a bum...

Instead first aids should take almost 70, 80 Stamina...maybe....

Q`alooaith
17-08-03, 04:46
They should remove the crazy walk after you used a drug or 2, id rather be blind then walk like a bum...

Instead first aids should take almost 70, 80 Stamina...maybe....

I'd rather walk like a bum than not be able to read my chats.. that's bloody anying, I could be talking to somone, and suddenly drugflash, I can't see, PKer zones in and I don't hear the screams untill I'm on my back....

or some such.. they probably should make the chat window safe from the effect, it's not nice...

Obsidion
17-08-03, 06:07
Originally posted by Archeus
Rather then work as medkits and keeping with the APU theme. Give the APUs a spell that does a little bit of damage but transfers that damage back to them as health.

It should transfer enough to keep them alive while hurting only a little bit on the other person. It should also not be spammable, and it should not kill the person (prehaps does nothing if the victim is too weak).

I don't know if anyone has already commented on this (I don't really want to read through 3 more pages of this... but then again I'm adding to the list...o_O ), but I like the leach HP spell.. small, but effective when needed. I don't know if it would work PvP because I don't do that, but I think it would be a great addition to a PvM APU. I'm tired of carrying around so many health packs that don't work well while hiding behind a hill or box leaving the mob open to other runners, or waiting for a ppu monk to come save my ass when there are multiple mobs after me.

~Obsidion

Arcadius
17-08-03, 07:36
maybe a fire extigquisher(however you spell the fucking word) [B]

ROFLMAO

:lol: :lol:

[B]say gives 25+ Hlt instantly,

That's too powerful. I know I would die a hell of alot less in fights if I could do that.

Btw I also like the idea of a leech spell, even if it's only PvM.(if it's pvm only it better be uber).

OMG, I know a great idea. Make it so that every point of health is restored in exchange for 1 point of mana. So as long as you hold the button and keep "leeching" you get health back.

O_O

Psychoninja
17-08-03, 07:42
Seems you liked my leech spell idea ;)
Didn't really think it'd catch on.

Promethius
17-08-03, 08:21
well apus by no means need any luv.

Tho medkits...now thats somethin that needs some love. but not jsut medkits all the healing things candy bars...grape juice etc. Before the patch which nerfed em all they were decent. (specialy cuz they healed WAY more than 50 hp =P and fast too)

=Chojin=
17-08-03, 10:45

o_O im not whinin im just saying that there not gonna stand still while u fry them although there near enough standing still if there frozen hrhrhrhrhr

Ch0

StoneRayne
17-08-03, 11:11
With the new random damage, FA is much worse in PvP and PvM atm.. Because you never know what you hit. If you roll a very low first hit number, well, you're fucked, basically. Testing it right now is kinda pointless. But before the random dmg patch, FA was actually pretty good against PPUs, even uber heal ones. Well, actually, just FA sucked HUGE, but FA with DB rocked almost anyone really hard. Now it's... a gamble that's just not worth the risk. Stick to HL.

But.. FA still has 1 good use, it's the fire animation... that thing kills your FPS so bad :angel: Cast it once and then switch to HL.

Cerebus
17-08-03, 11:16
There's no stack bonus.

So hitting once for 60, then 2 hours later hitting again for 60, is the same as quickly hitting twice.

Actually letting 1 hit run its course before hitting again does more damage than stacking, because you get pretty bad diminishing returns with fire spells.

Promethius
17-08-03, 11:17
Originally posted by StoneRayne
With the new random damage, FA is much worse in PvP and PvM atm.. Because you never know what you hit. If you roll a very low first hit number, well, you're fucked, basically. Testing it right now is kinda pointless. But before the random dmg patch, FA was actually pretty good against PPUs, even uber heal ones. Well, actually, just FA sucked HUGE, but FA with DB rocked almost anyone really hard. Now it's... a gamble that's just not worth the risk. Stick to HL.

But.. FA still has 1 good use, it's the fire animation... that thing kills your FPS so bad :angel: Cast it once and then switch to HL.

actually your wrong. Its the same as it has always been. There is no random damage. Its jsut fucked up and shows u random numbers. heres how i kon

In chaos caves someone was shooting a minoin saying he was doing random damage first low then high and so on (i forget actually numbers). Then i told him his dmg is constant and not changing. Then when i applied a dmg bosot to the minion he was tellin me crazy numbers liek he'd see a 800 then a 300. and it would be constant.

Arcadius
17-08-03, 11:41
Originally posted by StoneRayne

I didn't know it hurts FPS. Never did for me.

I wanted to try FA for when I PK, but I PK at alot of fire mob spots so that wouldnt' be a good idea would it? :p

Arcadius
17-08-03, 11:43
Originally posted by Promethius
actually your wrong. Its the same as it has always been. There is no random damage. Its jsut fucked up and shows u random numbers. heres how i kon

In chaos caves someone was shooting a minoin saying he was doing random damage first low then high and so on (i forget actually numbers). Then i told him his dmg is constant and not changing. Then when i applied a dmg bosot to the minion he was tellin me crazy numbers liek he'd see a 800 then a 300. and it would be constant.

I disagree. think it's a bug that sometimes other people don't see your random damage. For example, I can hit an aggie and if I "score" a low random damage hit, he will live instead of dying in 1 hit like he should.

Are you telling me it's just an "illusion" that the aggie is running around(and other people see it), hitting me, and reducing my health?

Also, with capped HL I can sometimes kill tanks in 5-6 hits when I score high random damage(which seems to happen ALOT, the closer you are to HL cap. hrmmm). Before the patch it took more hits to kill a tnak.

Lexxuk
17-08-03, 11:45
I went for the TL 3 heal option now, wiv medkits. Mainly cause I slapped in a PSI Core, and got 5 PPU, with only 3 head slots, i dont have room for a psi attack (got memory/exp psi for the +5 psi), but, I can kinda runcast the TL3 heal (stop, click, run when glow appears) so its awright I guess, just dont know how well it works (went pub again, I feel bloody awful :p).

Promethius
17-08-03, 11:47
I disagree. think it's a bug that sometimes other people don't see your random damage. For example, I can hit an aggie and if I "score" a low random damage hit, he will live instead of dying in 1 hit like he should.

Are you telling me it's just an "illusion" that the aggie is running around(and other people see it), hitting me, and reducing my health?

Also, with capped HL I can sometimes kill tanks in 5-6 hits when I score high random damage(which seems to happen ALOT, the closer you are to HL cap. hrmmm). Before the patch it took more hits to kill a tnak.

well all i kno is that when i was at the chaos caves the apu shooting the minion was doing constant dmg while the apu was seeing random damage. GO test it out before u shoot down wat i am saying :angel:

Futureman
17-08-03, 13:51
Maybe they should make a medkits effects instantaneous, but limit the number you can take over a period of time?

=Chojin=
17-08-03, 13:54
Originally posted by Futureman
Maybe they should make a medkits effects instantaneous, but limit the number you can take over a period of time?

No cos then pretty much every class will get an advantage, i for one would carry like 4 in my quickbelt.
Instant heal would screw up everything.

Ch0

Arcadius
17-08-03, 20:02
Originally posted by Promethius
well all i kno is that when i was at the chaos caves the apu shooting the minion was doing constant dmg while the apu was seeing random damage. GO test it out before u shoot down wat i am saying :angel:

Dude, I ALWAYS test out what I say. :p

Promethius
17-08-03, 21:23
Well then explain to my why i see a constant dmg on a mob...and why he sees random numbers. Because i don't notice mobs blasting longer due to a random damage. (btw i ama PPU in the cahos caves so i see everyones dmg...and everyone i always see does a constant dmg...PEs, Spys, Monks, tanks.)

Scikar
17-08-03, 21:28
Arc Prom is right. Apu damage is just like melee damage now, it's only random to the attacker, but constant to anyone else. I wish KK would fix it.

SilentGravity
17-08-03, 21:29
Ummm, can we make damage NOT RANDOM..anymore...please...I am tired of doing 300 damage on a mob then next 50...

Arcadius
17-08-03, 21:35
Arc Prom is right. Apu damage is just like melee damage now, it's only random to the attacker, but constant to anyone else. I wish KK would fix it.

I've seen other people do random damage. And what do you mean prom is right? I still haven't heard anyone explain to me why an aggie lives after 1 shot of CAPPED hl if damage is "supposedly" not random.

I still haven't heard why I can kill a tank in 5-6 hits when i score high random damage. Is that an illusion as well?

I guess when I hit psycho soldier for 280 after 2 hits, it was an illusion on HIS screen as well when he lost half health right?

Lemme guess, the patch notes were illusions as well when it said "added randomness to apu spells".

O_o

Arcadius
17-08-03, 21:36
Originally posted by SilentGravity
Ummm, can we make damage NOT RANDOM..anymore...please...I am tired of doing 300 damage on a mob then next 50...

lmao

Random damage PvP rules!

Random damage PvM sux though.

Scikar
17-08-03, 21:43
All I know is if I watch another apu hit a mob, no matter what spell he uses the damage is always constant. The same happens with melee. Aggies I don't know about, though I have been in a situation where I hit the aggie enough to kill it but it doesn't die for a few seconds, which is probably just lag since there's so many people in the aggie cellars.

If the random damage was deliberate (and remember it was only on the german patch notes) then I want to personally slap whoever thought it might be a good idea. Even in PvP. It's not good because it introduces too much of a luck factor. If it really is random in PvP then the issues of "Nerf apu monks" "No boost apu monks" will never go away because the ones crying nerf will see a lucky apu get high damage and the others will see an unlucky apu get low damage.

Arcadius
17-08-03, 21:46

If the random damage was deliberate (and remember it was only on the german patch notes) then I want to personally slap whoever thought it might be a good idea. Even in PvP. It's not good because it introduces too much of a luck factor. If it really is random in PvP then the issues of "Nerf apu monks" "No boost apu monks" will never go away because the ones crying nerf will see a lucky apu get high damage and the others will see an unlucky apu get low damage.

omg are you NUTS man? From my experience NOW we are truly the damage dealers in PvP with the random damage. I swear there musta been some "hidden" boost to damage or something.

All I know is that with a capped HL I do obscene damage, much better than before patch. The damage we should rightfully be doing.

Scikar
17-08-03, 21:48
omg are you NUTS man? From my experience NOW we are truly the damage dealers in PvP with the random damage. I swear there musta been some "hidden" boost to damage or something.

All I know is that with a capped HL I do obscene damage, much better than before patch. The damage we should rightfully be doing.

Well that's not random then. If it was random then it would average out and you wouldn't notice any difference.

Arcadius
17-08-03, 21:52
Well that's not random then. If it was random then it would average out and you wouldn't notice any difference.

That doesnt' make sense. I hope you mean over a period of time of fighting alot of people and not fighting one person.

It also seems the closer I got to the HL cap the more "high" random damage I did.

omg get on msn.

KimmyG
17-08-03, 21:54
IM happy with my APU as is I dont need anything more if any thing APUs are to dam strong

Arcadius
17-08-03, 21:57
Originally posted by KimmyG
if any thing APUs are to dam strong

And ppus aren't?

:rolleyes:

KimmyG
17-08-03, 21:58
I drop at least 4-5 PPUs last night. No there not.

Scikar
17-08-03, 21:59
That doesnt' make sense. I hope you mean over a period of time of fighting alot of people and not fighting one person.

It also seems the closer I got to the HL cap the more "high" random damage I did.

Bleh I don't know. I hate discussing things like this, where the devs know exactly what's going on but they won't tell us or they won't tell us why.

Arcadius
17-08-03, 22:03
Originally posted by KimmyG
I drop at least 4-5 PPUs last night. No there not.

roflmao

OK, I can't take anyone seriously who says apus are too damn strong but ppus are fine.

KimmyG
17-08-03, 22:06
get some friends.

This is a team game. Me + Tank + PPU= goodnight PPU

Antibuff match with speedgun is the end of a PPU.

Use ur head and think on how monks are ment to fight APU dead in no time vs other classes buffed (with the expection of 3-4 APUS you know who u are) PPU's are walking peices of steal no death but no attack. So match them up and u got a mad team.

Arcadius
17-08-03, 22:08
rofl ok Kimmy, trust me I know alot about apus probably more than you. Don't tell me to use my head. :rolleyes:

We'll just agree to disagree and leave it at that.

KimmyG
17-08-03, 22:11
well plain and simple if yea holyanti buff tanks takes out speed gun gameover with no delfector the PPU is done. If you wanna solo hack it go ahead. I just dont see why apu should get a boost.

bubby
17-08-03, 22:40
You get a stamina hit from using a medkit, somewhere around a hit of 20. That means you're about to stop running. :p If they only healed at 50% the level of tl3 heal then there's hardly a problem with that.

there you go again, you can use a tl3 heal with no penalties but apu monks cant??? your just a TANKOCRON PERSON

mdares
17-08-03, 22:51
I wannt a leech life stype thingly to replace a "heal" for APUs.

Low Lvl Crahn Life Leech: Does x dmg; gives 10% of dmg back to APU as hp.

Mid Lvl Blessed Crahn Life Leech: Does y dmg; gives 20% of dmg back to APU as hp

High Lvl Holy Crahn Life Leech: Does z dmg; give 30% of dmg back to APU as hp.

this would work in that in PvM the apu would once again be able to solo many mobs without poping too many medis.

also would work in pvp cuz the dmg taken by another class is so low that 30% of dmg dong is atmost maybe 20-30 hp, which is in effect equivalent to a tl3 heal.

think about it?

Scikar
17-08-03, 22:53
Yeah I've wanted a vampire spell for ages.

Q`alooaith
18-08-03, 00:52
Originally posted by mdares
I wannt a leech life stype thingly to replace a "heal" for APUs.

Low Lvl Crahn Life Leech: Does x dmg; gives 10% of dmg back to APU as hp.

Mid Lvl Blessed Crahn Life Leech: Does y dmg; gives 20% of dmg back to APU as hp

High Lvl Holy Crahn Life Leech: Does z dmg; give 30% of dmg back to APU as hp.

this would work in that in PvM the apu would once again be able to solo many mobs without poping too many medis.

also would work in pvp cuz the dmg taken by another class is so low that 30% of dmg dong is atmost maybe 20-30 hp, which is in effect equivalent to a tl3 heal.

think about it?

APU spells only come in Normal and holy..

Maybe mid level spell giving back 10% of the damnge as health, higher level one giving back 25% as health, and a rare giving back 40-50% back as health...

Or just a low and high level ones, large Psi cost, longish cast time giving back 50% of the damage as health, but the holy taking less time to cast, fits in better with other spells.