PDA

View Full Version : Rare Item and Parts

Psychoninja
16-08-03, 02:22
For those who know me well enough I like to deal in rare parts and Items, I even have a character dedicated to my rare parts collection, who researches. Anyways, read the poll, just a few things I was thinking of while hunting.

Erinyes
16-08-03, 02:27
You forgot the option to keep things as they are, though I voted to remove some rare items from the rare pool.

IronMonkey
16-08-03, 02:44
dude u should always put an option of 'no i dont like these ideas in a poll' lol

Psychoninja
16-08-03, 02:53
:p

Jolt
16-08-03, 03:03
I voted for "I would like to see the drop rate increased" but i also would some stuff removed from the rare pool like 3/4 of the melee weapons, holy anti-buff/anti-buff(only holy should be rare), holy cath/cath(only holy should be rare), laser blade ultima o.o, freezer weapons(leave holy para), slotenhancer .9/1.5, and the rare drones should be a quest reward or something.

Basicly i want drop rate increased because i enjoy hunting for them more when i get a tech/part or more :). Also would increase work/need for tradeskillers. Most games have such crappy drops on unique/rare items, in neocron getting something to show so easily was fun, plus i love collecting parts(one of my favorite parts of neocron :)

Arcadius
16-08-03, 03:44
I vote to clean the pool of the crap that doesnt' deserve to be rare.

VoxteX
16-08-03, 03:46
Only the Electric Tempest should be rare, everything else should be normal :D

Scikar
16-08-03, 04:23
Boost the drop rate, then maybe when everyone has 3 of each rare they need they might let us change the drop rules. :rolleyes:

Benjie
16-08-03, 10:28
I Voted I think the rares pool should be lowered

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :( :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
:rolleyes: :lol: :rolleyes: :( :rolleyes: :lol: :rolleyes:
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :( :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

o_O
o_O
o_O
o_O
o_O
8| 8| 8|

:mad::mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
(thats suposed to be a face with glasses)

\\Fényx//
16-08-03, 10:41
so from generic spam to smiley spam eh benjie O_o

MortuusLupus
16-08-03, 11:09
Sorry Benjie, excess spaces are no longer allowed :(

Nvidia
16-08-03, 11:57
I would like to see _ALL_ Slot Enhancers, CPUs, and Weapons below TL 90 Drop as wholes. If you think about it, that's a helluvalot of stuff that gets thrown out of the rare part pool, leaving space for parts that are in high demand (EX: CS, PE) IMO if this were to happen, there would be little to no more bitching about market prices on parts, or people complaining that the drop rate is too low.

greendonkeyuk
16-08-03, 12:25
multiple choice woulda been better, id like all 3....

Parappa
16-08-03, 12:32
I voted for remove parts.... there're so much useless rares.

Drake6k
16-08-03, 12:40
I would like to see....
Paw of Tiger, Electirc Tempest, Thunderbolt, Wyatt Earp, Thunderstorm, Catharsis, and Crahn Antibuff in advanced weapons shops.
and...
Slot enhancer 1 and 2 removed from the game.

Benjie
16-08-03, 22:14
[b]Here is how I think it should, ney must work.

ULTIMA MODS
IMO, Ultimas should drop whole from Y replicants.

TECK LEVEL
Higher Teck Level guarantees a better weapon for hunting mobs.
(so give all the crap high TECK LEVEL weapons a boost)

PVP
PVP damage stays neutral, to make plasma/rocket/area a matter of preferance. (By neutral I dont mean they all do the same damage, I mean they are all equally good at PvP)

AMOUNT OF PARTS
TL 60-70 = 2 parts (or drop whole)
TL 71-80 = 3 parts
TL 81-90 =4 parts
TL 91-100 = 5 parts
TL 101 - 199 = 6 parts

(Doing this would remove a LOT of crap rares from the pool, and make the low TL rares worth a bit more.

So for hunting mobs, the Doom Beamer would be a better weapon than the Malediction. The Disrupter would be better than the Silent Hunter, and so forth.

Makes sence.

I don't know how Implants would work.

And make the Electric Tempest drop whole.

Lanigav
17-08-03, 08:56
The drop rate should be increased. That and the chances for getting them should be flat for everyone regardless of character rank and monster type, instead of requiring some sort of weird rank/time of day you're playing/voodoo system like it does now. It would definetely make fighting higher level monsters more fun and worthwhile, and would help boost the economy. There's an insane demand, but the supply is too low.

Also, crap rares should either drop whole or vastly improved (I'd rather they be improved of course), and stuff like slot enhancers and ultima mods should drop whole and often, because they don't have such a vast role in the game to require the sheer amount of effort into getting them.

Promethius
17-08-03, 09:00
Make a chioce that says 'All of the above'

Dribble Joy
17-08-03, 12:22
The drop rate is fine, if you expect to go out and hunt for an hour and get half a CS, a holy spell, and a boat load of ther stuff then you've got summat wrong with you.
They are RARE ffs.
People complain that the new players can't get rares nowadays, it really isn't that hard. Save cash and/or other parts, and trade for em.
There are enough rares in the game as it is, I have 4 judges sitting in my gogu ffs.

Basically I agree with Sickar.

Helen Angilley
17-08-03, 13:12
If they did increase the drop rate would people be happy or would they just start screeching about "things being too easy" again? o_O

MortuusLupus
17-08-03, 13:20
I think with the influx of new rares (I don't know how many, but at least 20-25 new items/weapons, which translates into more than 100 parts) since they decreased the drop rate, many people would be very happy. Not a lot, but mebbe a 40% chance of getting a part of a warbot, 45 or 50 from a titan, and so on like that, adding 1% for every level the mob has, so killing a Grim Chaser would give you an 80% chance of getting a part.

Scikar
17-08-03, 14:49
I don't think I was very clear. Boost the drop rate, then change the item drop on death rules. If everyone has 3 of their best rares, they won't mind dropping one occasionally in a fight, will they?

Benjie
17-08-03, 20:49
Because there are so many crap rare parts, they should drop more often.

Either that or make them a rare drop but remove most of the worthless ones.

1+0=1 and that aint too bad.
1+1=2 and that sucks big time!
0+0=0 would be just way too easy. I agree there...

Needs to be a compramise.

Arcadius
17-08-03, 22:11
Originally posted by Helen Angilley
If they did increase the drop rate would people be happy or would they just start screeching about "things being too easy" again? o_O

Depends on whether or not KK realizes that there are numbers between 1 and 10.

Dribble Joy
18-08-03, 01:54
Originally posted by Scikar
I don't think I was very clear. Boost the drop rate, then change the item drop on death rules. If everyone has 3 of their best rares, they won't mind dropping one occasionally in a fight, will they?

Ah, righty, I thought you were being sarcastic... are you? were you?.....

WHY DO YOU FILL MY HEAD WITH HURTING?!!!!!!

Lanigav
18-08-03, 08:04
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
The drop rate is fine, if you expect to go out and hunt for an hour and get half a CS, a holy spell, and a boat load of ther stuff then you've got summat wrong with you.
They are RARE ffs.
People complain that the new players can't get rares nowadays, it really isn't that hard. Save cash and/or other parts, and trade for em.
There are enough rares in the game as it is, I have 4 judges sitting in my gogu ffs.

Basically I agree with Sickar.

For a large group of players, the drop rate is horrible. I'd just like to get more than 1 (assuming I get even that) lousy tech part for 3 hours of hunting.

And yes, it really is that hard. You can't trade parts if you have no desirable ones to begin with, which are extremely difficult to get, and the most desirable rares like the Pain Easer or the Cursed Soul rarely go for money anymore.