PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Seaboad Down! ONOS!

nonamebrandeggs
15-08-03, 18:59
I was in downtown Toronto just about to get to the subway when ONOS! The power went out! Damn good thing I didn't get on the subway or I'd have been fucked walking to the next stop :(. So now that the subways weren't working I was stranded far far away from my house. So I went looking around for someone with a cell I could borrow to call my dad or something. After using my 1337 frogger skills to cross the streets (No traffic lights:eek:) I found one dude with a cellphone that was working. He let me borrow it and I called my dad and he came and got me about one and a half hours later. When I got home they hadn't saved any dinner for me (Guess they thought I was a gonner o_O), so I ate some bread and went out (Well, after I pushed the power button on my computer a few times). I went to my friends house and used his old taperecorder to record some fake report about that day, and we listened to the radio :D. It started to get dark, and I mean DARK, like fuckin pitch black except for cars driving by. I've never ever seen my big city sooo dark, it was really creepy. I finally got home again, and went to sleep. The next morning I woke up and YEAH!!!!!!! There is POWER! So I check stuff out, ya know, email, photoshop phriday, new webcomic, who is on MSN etc... then I come write this and HOPE the power doesn't go off again while I'm writing it ;).

So where were you when it happened (If you were in one of the city's affected)??

Jack Daniel's
15-08-03, 19:05
I live in Long island, New york. When the juice went out i was doing funnels in my freinds back yard, lol. It turned out to be a fun night. In our town people were just sittin outside their houses partying and what not. evem though not having power sucked, the blackout rocked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zonk
15-08-03, 19:10
Partying without power? :wtf:
without music? 8|
without COLD beer? :eek:

Parties are g000d :)

Scikar
15-08-03, 19:11
Originally posted by nonamebrandeggs
After using my 1337 frogger skills to cross the streets (No traffic lights:eek:)

Lol that was a great game. :D

Kazuko
15-08-03, 19:12
I live 2 hours north of Toronto and was on a city bus when the power went out. I thought it was pretty funny until I found out the power was going to be out for a while... 20 hours without power -_-

Beefheart
15-08-03, 19:14
1 pm in the afternoon, and my power just returned after 22 hours being out

Dark Asmodius
15-08-03, 19:40
I was playing neocron when it happened, oddly enough, a day without neocron, I was going through withdrawl. No computer and no TV make me go crazy :(

Spoon
15-08-03, 20:47
Anyone happen to notice Odin still aint back yet.....:)

Maybe he caused it all, spilled his blue beer on to his PC, starting a short circuit of historicial proportions.... :lol:

MortuusLupus
15-08-03, 21:43
I had just woken up and the power had been out for an hour already. 'Course I'm 2000 miles away from NewYork, so I was just fine. Went downstairs for dinner (first time all year I've slept until dinner time, it was great!) and told my parents that the north east had no electricity, they looked at me like I was a crazy guy. They'd not heard yet. I got to be Mr. Reporter for a day :)

FBI
15-08-03, 22:15
Anyone have food that went bad... that a waste of animal meat

SovKhan
15-08-03, 22:16
i live in small town in CT, power goes out alot. but not yesterday =). even if it did i gots a generator.

kin
15-08-03, 22:18
onos's can devour marines.

Lareolan
15-08-03, 22:55
Very silly... You should have stayed downtown Toronto. It was awesome. We had like a HUMONGOUS street party for most of the night! With music (some people had boomboxes), with beer (though not ice cold, it was still cool since it was in fridges) and lots of fun in general. :)

nonamebrandeggs
15-08-03, 22:58
Well I hadn't eaten in 5 hours, I'm too young to drink beer, I was very tired, and I was de-hydrated. So partying doesn't sound too good ;).

{MD}GeistDamnit
15-08-03, 23:18
staten island, we got our power back at 3 am this morning. although I just got on teh forums cause cable has been out till now ;)

the whole ordeal made me feel that without electricity we as a race are NOTHING! :D

Whiety Bulger
16-08-03, 00:11
I had driven back from NYC to Boston 2 hours before blackout. As for traffic lights it doesn't matter no one obeysem anyway.

Kazuko
16-08-03, 03:58
Originally posted by FBI
Anyone have food that went bad... that a waste of animal meat

When the power went out I went and bought 5 bags of ice and threw them between the meat. Luckily I had a full freezer and everything kept rock solid.

CarniFlex
16-08-03, 04:05
Kin didnt know anyone more than me and a few selected people (300ish in the world or so) played natural selection... and Skulk rules!!!

Riothamus
16-08-03, 05:53
The village was alive in nyc, power came back to us on the east side at 9:07pm. fuckers, TURN THE LIGHTS BACK OFF! we were having a dsamn good time, and the beer was cold.